Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'd prefer the game not last longer than it needs to be. And you're just running away like a coward right now. So what happens if Muffin dies tonight and it's just you, Gaiden, and myself? You flip a coin and regret not having another person's opinion?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 3250, Brian Skies wrote:I'd prefer the game not last longer than it needs to be. And you're just running away like a coward right now. So what happens if Muffin dies tonight and it's just you, Gaiden, and myself? You flip a coin and regret not having another person's opinion?

god dammit i agree with this post.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 3241, Brian Skies wrote:Yeah, but I've been vanillarized by the vanillarizing neighborizor we know exists. You have...a Sakura townread.

Still waiting on those posts that make me scum.

claimed and apparently not verified. remind me to stab kats later.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3241, Brian Skies wrote:Still waiting on those posts that make me scum.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

sigh. the most telling one that was just wrong is the post that said "I unvoted Gaiden cause i thought he could conftown me, but since he can't, i'mma vote him again"
then nacho grew suspicious of you. and now he's dead.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3254, SXTLHGaiden wrote:sigh. the most telling one that was just wrong is the post that said "I unvoted Gaiden cause i thought he could conftown me, but since he can't, i'mma vote him again"
then nacho grew suspicious of you. and now he's dead.

I unvoted you because you asked me to and I was interested to see where it would go (and it's not the game would have exploded in any way had I not just left my vote there). I voted you again because you're still PoE scum. My response about you 'conftowning me' was in response to Nacho because it doesn't make any sense for you to do as town as that just pigeonholes you into being lynched and I can only see you going that route if you were trying to avoid lynching me that day. There's an inherent dissonance in your logic at that point because if you thought something would point towards me being town, I'd expect you to want to go another direction for a lynch and explore the alignment of another player, which you never did.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

ok, explain the no kill a few night ago then.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Scum no killed just like they did when Mac got lynched.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

why did you use the word "scum" and not "Gaiden" or "you"?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Because scum is a definite term and even though you're the only person I think could be scum, you haven't flipped yet and there's the possibility I could be wrong.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

But from your perspective, as you have said all this time, i am the only person who can be scum.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

With the exception of Muffin being something like a scum PGO. But I've generally had a townread on him throughout this game and I'm not sure FakeGod puts two killing roles like that in the same setup. I'm also giving Grapes the benefit of the doubt that he roleblocked who he said he would instead of trying to be sneaky like blocking me again.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Grapes had no reason to lie. At that point, he was effectively a cop.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Not really considering 1) he never roleblocked you and 2) scum no killed twice. He was effectively useless, especially since scum knew who he was roleblocking considering he was expected to claim his target beforehand.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3250, Brian Skies wrote:I'd prefer the game not last longer than it needs to be. And you're just running away like a coward right now. So what happens if Muffin dies tonight and it's just you, Gaiden, and myself? You flip a coin and regret not having another person's opinion?

Yes.
I won't regret it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Oversoul »

My gut says Gaiden is scum.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:52 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i find it great how brian is trying to discredit dead people.
anyway, if your gut thinks i'm scum, what's stopping you from voting
also, i just read the rules, if someone else votes for a no lynch, the day ends. wooo 50% no lynch policy.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 9.1

Brian Skies [1] - SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden [1] - Brian Skies

No Lynch [1] - Oversoul

Not Voting [1]
- zMuffinMan

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline is July 29, 2015, at Noon PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-07-29 13:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

uh yeah since i don't think oversoul is going to change his mind any time soon, i'll just use the remaining time in this day phase to read stuff. i'm technically in the middle of moving but i'm really lazy so i'll prob take breaks for most of tomorrow and skim ISOs
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'll iso the flipped scum and see what I can find
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

going through nati's ISO

there's virtually nothing in there. nati was playing a low-information game and i'd assume leaving behind next to nothing in the way of interactions was part of that. literally no mention of either brian or gaiden

on brian's side of things, there's light mentions of a town lean on nati here and there but nothing particularly definitive in the way of interactions. gaiden's only mention of nati is that post near the very end of the day where he says he's not feeling the nati lynch which isn't particularly telling one way or another given it's gaiden

meh

i'll probably look over noddy interactions after a nap since there's probably more there
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I really wish we had that extra lynch buffer right about now

tbh I don't think either Brian or gaiden look particularly good from the noddy interactions

there's some interactions between Brian and noddy early on that maybe I'm reading too much into but the way they were interacting with each other didn't look like typical early game joking around so much as being overly conscious of each other. Eg asking noddy to vote him on p6 to confirm gif scum which, apart from making no sense, felt oddly forced

there was like a 40-page gap between some posts from Brian where he goes from saying he expected more from noddy to saying he thought some of noddys posts were town in a big catchup wall and not much more than that, which wouldn't be that strange except for the fact that he had a lot more to say about others in the game at the time

the other mentions of noddy d1 aren't particularly interesting - atm I'm just trying to figure out whether I believe that (a) noddy chose to vanillarise him (and why N1 when he clearly wasn't an immediate threat via claim, if a threat at all), and (b) that Brian's read progression on noddy is believable

as for gaiden, every mention of noddy is pretty much "I think he's scummy but I always think he's scummy" and... that's it... no real support for a noddy lynch or anything... i really should look into how gaiden normally treas buddies but I doubt I'm going to get around to meta research like that, especially before the day ends, so whatever

please. please show me mercy tonight. please
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

hey brian, you around?
i has question, when did you learn you were vanillaized?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

also muffin, you are forgetting how brian defended ns and said how ns couldn't be vanillaizer.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

o yeah i remembered that but the explanation he gave made sense i guess

i'm not sure i would have assumed fakegod the vanillarise was related to the neighbourise

it could also have just been an attempt at diffusing suspicion but it's not something i'd say suggests them being scum together

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”