Mini 1699 - #swag wars: THE empire strikes back (swaggedout)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Empire »

DAY 2, VOTECOUNT 2
notscience (1)
-
implosion

Not Voting (10)
-
Vinkah, Wickedestjr, RedCoyote, Tammy, Nachomamma8, fferyllt, notscience, Layla, Boonskiies, pieguyn

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline is on August 13th at 3AM EST or in (expired on 2015-08-13 03:03:09).

Mod Notes - N/A
Last edited by Empire on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I didn't like RedCoyote's hammer vote.

-He expressed a decent amount of uncertainty as he was casting the vote.
-He said that he thinks, "Ane has some directions we may look at tomorrow regardless as to what alignment he flips." But this is a very weird comment for him to make when his top three "Anen, notscience, Layla" was completely different from Anen's top three. I'm curious what your answer to ffery's question will be.
-This comment:
RedCoyote wrote:If we can get out of the day with good discussion, no claims except for a VT and some clear input from the person being lynched... that's about as successful a D1 as town can have.

feels like setup for a known mislynch.

Vote: RedCoyote
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Tammy, how strong is your town read on implosion?

notscience, what are your thoughts right now? (Are you caught up?)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Vinkah »

any indepth posting isn't going to happen to after this weekend. this barcomp tomorrow is wrecking my nerves. aside from competing, i still have to line up another judge, contact the distributors who haven't dropped off promo stuff yet, get everyones bottles setup tomorrow morning (which i work by myself), and then make sure everyone moves around to cover each other accordingly when someone else is competing. oh and i still have to compete too.

ffery, i really don't remember where the conversation we had was heading. you not really applying pressure in any which way was making me question you and i'll have to go back and reread it again to see if anything jogs my mind.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 765, Nachomamma8 wrote:Wicked, the reason I ended up leaving my vote on Anen is because I wanted to find a better place for my vote instead of just unvoting, but got distracted by work before I could find it.

You've entered day 2 in a similarly uncommited manner.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm caught up but i'm not fully engaged.

My thoughts are pretty much

ffery town
layla town
vinkah town
tammy maybe town?

And thats about it!
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

layla hasn't posted in a week.

I have no idea what's become of my layla-read.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Vinkah »

why isn't wicked town?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 777, Wickedestjr wrote:Tammy, how strong is your town read on implosion?

notscience, what are your thoughts right now? (Are you caught up?)

Unfortunately none of my reads are super strong. I was so busy and so behind most of day one that I don't feel like I had any real handle on my reads. I'm probably going to pass out soon, but tomorrow I'll have some time to sit down with this game and reassess what little reads I did have.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 773, notscience wrote:That's nice, I'm still town, and I will still point back to earlier.

So.

what happened to your read on me from earlier? also, what do you make of the exchange between ffery/me starting from ?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 776, Wickedestjr wrote:-He expressed a decent amount of uncertainty as he was casting the vote.
-He said that he thinks, "Ane has some directions we may look at tomorrow regardless as to what alignment he flips." But this is a very weird comment for him to make when his top three "Anen, notscience, Layla" was completely different from Anen's top three. I'm curious what your answer to ffery's question will be.
-This comment:
RedCoyote wrote:If we can get out of the day with good discussion, no claims except for a VT and some clear input from the person being lynched... that's about as successful a D1 as town can have.

I don't think the first thing is something that's particularly scummy. it's as likely that he just didn't feel that strongly that Anen was scum and I didn't think it came off disingenuous. plus, I think (especially given what ffery brought up re: his meta earlier) he sure as hell could have acted more confident if he is actually scum here.

neither is the second thing. I'm seeing it as him having his own scum reads, but being willing to factor into account people's interactions with the Anen wagon if he flipped town here. I don't see what you think is weird about it.

I don't see how he's doing what you're saying he's doing re: the third point. the logic there makes sense: he doesn't see any better viable options and does not want to go around scrambling to find another lynch when he doesn't see a reason to. why do you think he wouldn't have said it as town?

also I'd be interested in hearing your response to my question to notsci in the previous post.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by Empire »

Prodding RedCoyote and Layla.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Tammy 743 wrote:Oh wait, I suppose he could be a vig shot and the real kill was healed.

Wicked 744 wrote:Yeah I
seriously
doubt that's a mafia kill

ffrey 747 wrote:Also I agree sans evidence of two kills in the game that the gnomeo kill doesn't look like a target by mafia.

:neutral:

He had no votes at the end of the day. ffrey put forth a pretty solid defense of him yesterday. I mean, this seems like a odd jump to make right off the bat. Granted, I have no problem with Gnomeo being a potential vig shot... but he's just as valid a mafia shot as any. I mean, I can think of a few better ones, but it wasn't horrible. Perhaps he was on the right track scumhunting wise? I would not automatically assume that he wasn't a mafia shot. I would need to see something more substantial (e.g. multiple kills/role cop/no kill/etc).

ffrey 747 wrote:RC, in your hammer post you indicated an Anen lynch wouldn't be too informative, but there might be something to glean from his reads. What do you glean?

Based solely on the flip? implosion. Possibly Nacho. That comment about shadowing is probably the best one. Which players were padding the wagon, either acknowledging that or not, while trying to back away from that vote? Do you get what I'm saying? Like... which players were on the wagon but not really "on" it. Or were at least giving that impression.

---

I was really ready to vote notscience today, but I like his back and forth with ffrey from to ... so that kind of pisses me off because now I have to make a harder choice with my vote unless someone can sell me back to notscience.

---

In post 776, Wickedestjr wrote:-He expressed a decent amount of uncertainty as he was casting the vote.
-This comment:

My first reaction to this is frustration. I see where you are coming from, and I can appreciate that you're trying to go in a new direction in light of the two flips, but I hate how predictable players in this game are sometimes.

1) Of course I was uncertain. I thought the Ane lynch was a reasonable one. I wasn't convinced he'd flip scum. I mean, odds are the players we lynch will flip town. That's always the case.
2) I sometimes have to wonder if, as town, I need to just start being as dishonest as I am as scum. I mean, Wicked, you're essentially telling me to not be straight with you. You know what I think is straight? Telling people that a D1 lynch where you get no claims other than one VT, lynching said VT, and having them flip VT is a pretty good result for the town. That's sensible. It's not ideal, no, but that's a pretty good outcome, all things considered. Every time I find myself in a position to say that (it doesn't happen every game due to themes, early claims, early hammers, individual reads, etc), it's inevitable someone comes after me for that with some version of that same line.

...and because of all this, I like pie's a lot.

---

Going back in time a bit...

In post 683, Vinkah wrote:okay. i really don't know where to push outside Anen at the moment and it is absolutely scaring the shit out of me. the longer this day is proceeding the less my townreads are staying firm. and its nothing more than paranoia.

VOTE: Vinkah

A lot of people have used similar lines, but I don't like Vinkah's. Now that Ane has flipped, this just doesn't sit as well with me. There's something about riding the Ane wagon all day mixed with the contradictory nature of this post (see: "I don't know where to push outside Ane" vs "the less my townreads are staying firm" vs "it's due to paranoia"). Well, no, it's not due only to "paranoia" as there's certainly more than one scum.

Look, you know, we have to make some difficult choices this game. I realize a lot of Vinkah's posts give off good vibes, but you have to look at the weak posts (of everyone) and find out which seem worse than other people's weak posts. I think Vinkah has some. I think Tammy has a few. implosion, too.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:53 am

Post by implosion »

RC, what in that notscience/ffery exchange makes you think notscience-town?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

in particular seems like town that is struggling with where to go.

Though, now that you mention it, I don't like that he wasn't already voting, didn't vote after the exchange, and then threw out that weak "why is everyone townreading RC?" which can and should be read as "I want to vote RC, but I want to test the waters and make sure I'm not the only one, so someone else go first". Which is a little funny because he did this at the beginning of the game, too. (read: , and in order).
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA until Tuesday

Will be gone in New York, will not have much mafia time in the meantime.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by notscience »

I don't know how I feel about you, pie.

RC might be town.

But if he's town, who is scum?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by notscience »

The second line is what I make from that exchange earlier

I'm not going to townread you for reading his ISO in another game and comparing thoughts with ffery, if that's what you're asking.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 792, notscience wrote:I'm not going to townread you for reading his ISO in another game and comparing thoughts with ffery, if that's what you're asking.

If this is addressed to me, I don't know what you mean by this...?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by notscience »

That was adressed to pie
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 787, RedCoyote wrote:
Tammy 743 wrote:Oh wait, I suppose he could be a vig shot and the real kill was healed.

Wicked 744 wrote:Yeah I
seriously
doubt that's a mafia kill

ffrey 747 wrote:Also I agree sans evidence of two kills in the game that the gnomeo kill doesn't look like a target by mafia.

:neutral:

He had no votes at the end of the day. ffrey put forth a pretty solid defense of him yesterday. I mean, this seems like a odd jump to make right off the bat. Granted, I have no problem with Gnomeo being a potential vig shot... but he's just as valid a mafia shot as any. I mean, I can think of a few better ones, but it wasn't horrible. Perhaps he was on the right track scumhunting wise? I would not automatically assume that he wasn't a mafia shot. I would need to see something more substantial (e.g. multiple kills/role cop/no kill/etc).

See, I don't see it this way. When I was thinking about the game state over night and who we'd likely be without, Gnomeo was one person I was convinced would be alive. He might have had no votes on him, but he wasn't even close to being universally town read. Now Pie might have made a town case on him, but the entire game wasn't going to just take that town case without reading him themselves and there were some meta inquiries near the end of day one. I was beginning to suspect him based on his single-minded questioning of my entrance and not much else/miscontruing or misinterpreting things I said. I thought it was looking like easy contribution for him to ignore the rest of the game, so he was definitely someone I was going to look into more coming into today. From what I remember I was his sole scum target for day one and even though he started thinking I was town, I don't think he ever moved his vote off of me, so he can't have been killed for being on the right track, and I can't imagine a scum team in this player list making a kill to frame me knowing I'm innocent.

Perhaps it was a low information kill or a kill meant to ignite paranoia amongst the stronger town read group, but see those types of things are what it going to send me into squinty-eyed paranoia on people. So, I'd like to think vig shot.

Why would a role cop be amongst the roles that you listed?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I was just thinking of scenarios where I could accept such wild speculation after a single kill N1. One of them would be if there were a role cop that uncovered an SK or vig or doctor or bus driver or etc.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

oh okay that makes sense.

also bus driver might be the type of inventive role that empire would put in the game to act as a doctor too, hrm.*

*interesting which would mean vanilla still.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by implosion »

Redirection of any kind is explicitly non-normal, iirc.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

Hm you're right, no bus driver.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”