Micro 508: MafiaMafiaNotMafia (Bins' Soup Sucks)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Rainbow Unicat - Bins
Bins -
InflatablePie

TheIrishPope - Parama
Parama - Chamber
Chamber

Edosurist - Lucky2u
Not_Mafia -
Lucky2U - Not Mafia, Edosurist

A lynch can only be obtained when all 3 groups have a lynch.
If you decide not to lynch, the mafia will choose the lynch.
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:39 am

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

Finally finished trying to make sense of Bins' ISO.

VOTE: InflateablePie

bella, you can change this if you want if you explain it to me. let's talk sometime later.

reads:

town to scum:
bins, inflatablepie
parama, {chamber, theirishpope} (not sure about the order here)
not mafia, edosurist, lucky2u

not all that confident in any of these, for what it's worth.

--Plotinus
Hydra of Bellaphant and Plotinus
Baby we're a little different, there's no need to be ashamed.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Parama »

In post 116, Rainbow Unicat wrote: I appreciate this post from Parama because I’ve never played this setup before and it appears that they have, but I’m wondering why they didn’t hold back this information until they could catch someone behaving incorrectly.

i actually haven't, but fortunately reading over the other thread solidified my initial setup thoughts and gave me some J U I C Y as hell information on how to really figure out both town and scum day 2, should we even need to
In post 116, Rainbow Unicat wrote: I’m still appreciating the mafia theory from parama because I’d be lost in this setup without it but I’m going to ISO him when I’m done catching up to double check the scumhunting/mafia theory ratio.
--Plotinus

honestly even if i'd been more theory than scumhunting in your ratio, what would've been wrong with that? it's a setup that's a good degree different from a standard mafia, and literally nobody else is trying to exploit it to make scumhunting easier, i'll theory-dump if i feel like it if it gets everyone else on the same page as me :P
In post 121, Rainbow Unicat wrote:was the “good enough or me” in directed at notmafia since you said you didn’t mean to quote irish pope but i couldn’t figure out who you were talking to then.

in which direction is the irish pope’s meta thing swaying you in ?

directed at NM
swayed towards scum, because it's a scummy way to start a game
In post 123, Lucky2u wrote:Hmm... Being such a universal scum read, it reminds me of my early mafia days as lynch bait. It's ok.

holy AtE batman, kill this with fire jesus christ

i'm slightly bothered because plot's catchup read is the kind of post i'd make as scum, a lot of it feels like fluff or retreading things other people have said, there's some points there but not many strong conclusions taken from the read
but maybe it's just me since hey at least he's posting content unlike some people
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Bins »

In post 118, Rainbow Unicat wrote:bins what was his alignment in the games you looked at? i think i’d probably only fake an “i promise i’m town and i never lie as scum” trust tell as scum, too. so there is that.

well, i didnt actually find a game where he said anything along those lines.
the games were both town and scum otherwise.
tbh it's more null even though he lied
still don't like him that much

In post 119, Rainbow Unicat wrote:bins yeah, apparently neither of us were feeling it yesterday. it’s not alignment indicative. please read on based on what we are doing not what we're not doing.

ugh

that's pretty much my point
i didn't unvote because i
didnt
get a read
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Parama »

In post 112, chamber wrote:Redcoyote is a pretty good player. I suspect he would have put forward the idea for the same reason I did, it's obviously the better way to play it. Lying about theoretical things is difficult because you need to actually be able to justify yourself concretely.

okay in hindsight holy hell is this disgusting
you go:
1. redcoyote is a good player (which has no relevance here)
2. he put forward the idea for the same reason i did (implying that you are also a good player)
3. "it's obvious" is a blatant lie, because i disagree, as did pretty much every townie in that game
4. if it WAS obvious there's no point in Red saying it in that game and you saying it in this game? surely it would go without saying, right?
5. on that note, what benefit does scum have of putting forth the "better way to play" if it doesn't benefit them in some way? that just suggests that it benefits scum more than it benefits town
6. in this specific post, your "justification" is "it's obvious", which i'm pretty sure is not justifying it concretely

and then your justification in the next post is that scumhunting outside of groups is "wasted effort", pretending that that is something that exists in a mafia game (it doesn't, really, because
it's a game
)

yeah no, you're hiding behind a "good player" curtain to try and defend a really bad way of playing this setup. i feel like you didn't see the other game when you argued against scumhunting between groups, saw it when i brought it up, and then had to retroactively defend your stance so you weren't obvious scum, but the defense is full of holes

UNVOTE:
VOTE: chamber
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Parama »

i don't know if lucky is actually mafia or just really stupid town, but i'm absolutely sure about this. chamber is scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Bins »

In post 127, Parama wrote:i'm slightly bothered because plot's catchup read is the kind of post i'd make as scum, a lot of it feels like fluff or retreading things other people have said, there's some points there but not many strong conclusions taken from the read
but maybe it's just me since hey at least he's posting content unlike some people

no I'm getting the "thats the post i used to make as scum esp when I'm in hydra" feel too

but i think i like most of the points brought up

i think I'm still more bothered by ipie voting me, not giving reason, then saying "oops i was voting bins to be sure and then bellaplot was actual scumread"
something about how those reads not being clear
really rubs me the wrong way

UNVOTE:

i was thinking about it

and actually not commenting on other groups is really, REALLY bad
because it gives scum a really easy opportunity not to make association tells with their partner

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Bins »

i'm getting pretty good at realizing when someone is voting me for absolutely no reason
but god, i have never seen anyone get out of it by saying "oh my vote wasn't real"

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Bins »

In post 131, Bins wrote:and actually not commenting on other groups is really, REALLY bad
because it gives scum a really easy opportunity not to make association tells with their partner

THAT SAID
i don't care how stubborn you are

GIVE READS ON OTHER GROUPS

gtkas
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Parama »

Questions for parama:

was the “good enough or me” in directed at notmafia since you said you didn’t mean to quote irish pope but i couldn’t figure out who you were talking to then.

no ur rong bins it's obvious we shouldn't interact with other groopsat all
i shouldnt even be talking with u rn bcuz i'm interacting with other groop
Last edited by Salamence20 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Parama »

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM QUOTE FUNCTION
Mod can you just remove all the quotes from that post, none of them are supposed to be there

Wolololololol
Last edited by Salamence20 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Parama »

okay for whatever reason the normal quote button is acting like multiquote and then since i write my posts in a completely different tab than the one i quote in it's adding all my quotes to the post after because they're still in the multiquote buffer, even though i'm not clicking the multiquote button to begin with? oy vey.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Bins »

]:

yeah quotes have been fucky for a while now
also i hate the post tag on IOS (i think i only get the probably with my mac/iPod) because it only takes me to the page, never the post >_>

gtkas
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 126, Rainbow Unicat wrote:Finally finished trying to make sense of Bins' ISO.

VOTE: InflateablePie

bella, you can change this if you want if you explain it to me. let's talk sometime later.

reads:

town to scum:
bins, inflatablepie
parama, {chamber, theirishpope} (not sure about the order here)
not mafia, edosurist, lucky2u

not all that confident in any of these, for what it's worth.

--Plotinus

Epic non-commitment dude
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 130, Parama wrote:i don't know if lucky is actually mafia or just really stupid town, but i'm absolutely sure about this. chamber is scum.

I am town. After I flip, I expect an apology. There is no need to be rude.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Parama »

yeah i am super unsettled by rainbow still, but fortunately i townread the other two in the group
and no apologies are gonna be given out, i'm just honest
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Lucky2u »

No, honesty is "bad town" which I'll admit to. "stupid town" is an insult. You seem to have confused being honest with being a dick.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Parama »

i do not deny being a dick
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 am

Post by chamber »

In post 136, Parama wrote:okay for whatever reason the normal quote button is acting like multiquote and then since i write my posts in a completely different tab than the one i quote in it's adding all my quotes to the post after because they're still in the multiquote buffer, even though i'm not clicking the multiquote button to begin with? oy vey.

Yeah, regular quote still uses the multiquote buffer. It should be clearing when you actually load the page with the quote in it though, that would be the issue if it isn't.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:01 am

Post by chamber »

In post 129, Parama wrote:
In post 112, chamber wrote:Redcoyote is a pretty good player. I suspect he would have put forward the idea for the same reason I did, it's obviously the better way to play it. Lying about theoretical things is difficult because you need to actually be able to justify yourself concretely.

okay in hindsight holy hell is this disgusting
you go:
1. redcoyote is a good player (which has no relevance here)
2. he put forward the idea for the same reason i did (implying that you are also a good player)
3. "it's obvious" is a blatant lie, because i disagree, as did pretty much every townie in that game
4. if it WAS obvious there's no point in Red saying it in that game and you saying it in this game? surely it would go without saying, right?
5. on that note, what benefit does scum have of putting forth the "better way to play" if it doesn't benefit them in some way? that just suggests that it benefits scum more than it benefits town
6. in this specific post, your "justification" is "it's obvious", which i'm pretty sure is not justifying it concretely

and then your justification in the next post is that scumhunting outside of groups is "wasted effort", pretending that that is something that exists in a mafia game (it doesn't, really, because
it's a game
)

yeah no, you're hiding behind a "good player" curtain to try and defend a really bad way of playing this setup. i feel like you didn't see the other game when you argued against scumhunting between groups, saw it when i brought it up, and then had to retroactively defend your stance so you weren't obvious scum, but the defense is full of holes

UNVOTE:
VOTE: chamber

You said a lot of words in this post but most are worthless or nitpicky. You put forward the theory that me and red agreed on what to do because I'm scum. I'm putting forward the counter theory that we agreed on what to do because he's competent and I'm competent and we independently reached the same conclusion. His benefit for bringing it up would be the same benefit for you making all the theory noise you've been making, it's easy to talk about things you believe to be true when you are scum. Scum don't lie about everything, lying is dangerous, they lie when they need to. I feel time pressed to settle on 1 lynch choice in a 2 week period. I don't know how anyone could have enough time to be satisfied with 3. That's what I mean by wasted effort. If you have time to be looking at those other candidates you should be focusing it on the choice you can actually impact instead.
Taking a break from the site.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Parama »

what's worthless, what's nitpicky. you're being dismissive instead of arguing against my points, and you try to turn it around and argue that my theory posting is scummy instead?
but you're missing the point. i never said red looked scummy in that game for his theory posting (and nobody else did either, his play was wildly terrible in the second half of day 1 and all of day 2 but that's beside the point). i never said you were scummy simply because you had the same mindset as a scum player in another game. you assert that his theory has nothing to do with him being scum, but with him being competent, using this to imply that you are also competent. your justification is not competent. "it's obvious" is not justification. "competence" is not a shield.
and sure, scum don't lie all the time, but they don't tell the truth all the time either. it's not hard to lie about theory in a new setup where there's no definitive statement on theory, and you can pull together a solid argument to back up your theory whether it's right or wrong, because nothing is black and white.

2 weeks to decide on one player might be pressed if you're deciding between 8 or more players, but you're saying you feel pressed to choose between 2 players in the span of 2 weeks? that seems unreasonable.
though i can understand maybe for you, sure. because guess what? you have done -absolutely zero- scumhunting thus far. you bring up one null point in 8 and try to indirectly say i'm not scumhunting in 67 (which is untrue) and the rest of your posts have been defending your stubborn position to not scumhunt outside of your group.

i honestly feel i'm putting way too much effort in my reply compared to you.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 am

Post by Parama »

seriously, if you have all this time to sit here and argue with me over theory, wouldn;t that time be better spent looking at other players outside of your group? or even the ones in your group?

btw irish needs to be posting more.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Parama »

he hasn't posted anywhere else on the site since his last posting window in this thread tho so he's probably just not around but i want to hear more from him regardless.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Parama »

i'm gonna play along for now, i don't care if chamber is gonna be obstinate about his theory
though i feel that if he actually believed it he'd be scumhunting instead of arguing with me about it
regardless of whether or not you read 2 players or 8, though, you need to start posting some real content
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Edosurist »

Give me a moment. I'll come back to this.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”