Micro 511: Mafia for the Vengeful (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Micro 511: Mafia for the Vengeful (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:38 am

Post by Equinox »

In its purest form, an act of retribution provides symmetry: the rendering of payment for crimes against the innocent... but the danger of retaliation lies in furthering the cycle of violence. Still, it's a risk that must be met when the greater offense is to allow the guilty to go unpunished.

Players

A Simple Plan
Kaboose
MarioManiac4
Pegasus30
Suzune

Spoiler: Game Reveals
Revelations
(1/5)

Kaboose,
mafia godfather
, survived

Retribution
(4/5)

Pegasus30,
mafia goon
, lynched Day 1
A Simple Plan,
town vanilla
, lynched Day 2
Suzune,
town vanilla
, lynched Day 3
MarioManiac4,
town vanilla
, endgamed

Game Links

Rules and Setup
Day 1 Begins
Day 2 Begins
Day 3 Begins
Endgame
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Equinox »

Rules

All rules listed in the Boilerplate Game Rules (rev. April 23, 2014) page apply to this game except where contradicted in the additional rules below:

1. Do not use
    #BF0000
    . All other formatting is fair game.
  2. Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 24 hours where applicable. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought. Saturday and Sunday will be considered a 24-hour period for purposes of activity. Prods will be sent even during declared periods of V/LA; if you expect to be gone for an extended period of time, please contact me and we will work it out.
  4. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player who reached his/her current amount of votes first will be lynched. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count. Votes for No Lynch will not be counted.
  5. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to talk in twilight phase until the thread is locked, at which point Day ends. Dead players may not post until the game has been officially declared over; no "Bah!" posts.
  6. Actions not received by deadline will be counted as "No Action." Actions may be submitted ahead of time and can be changed as many times as desired; at deadline, the last valid action that was submitted will be used. Actions may be submitted via PM or private topic.
  7. Votes placed by accounts not present in the game will not be counted. Vote tricks will not be tolerated, and any judgment passed over the validity of any ambiguous votes is final.
  8. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  9. Any situations not covered above will be handled on an individual basis. I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary.

Setup

The 5-player Vengeful Mafia open setup consists of two mafiosi, three townies, and the following mechanics:

• Day talk is enabled for this game.
  • If the mafia godfather is lynched at any point, the town immediately wins the game. However, if the mafia godfather is killed by a vengeance kill, the game continues.
  • If a town vanilla is lynched on Day 1, the lynched townie has one 1-shot kill to be used immediately.

Below are all of the role PMs:

Welcome to Micro 511, XXX!

You are a
mafia goon
with
YYY
, who is a
mafia godfather

You and your partners may talk in this private topic. If the mafia godfather is lynched on Day 1, you will lose the game. This does not occur if the mafia godfather is killed by any other method.

You win when the number of mafia members alive equals the number of town members alive, and the town does not have a vengeance kill available.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your alignment and role.

You are a
mafia godfather
with
YYY
, who is a
mafia goon

You and your partners may talk in this private topic. If you are lynched on Day 1, you will lose the game. This does not occur if you are killed by any other method.

You win when the number of mafia members alive equals the number of town members alive, and the town does not have a vengeance kill available.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your alignment and role.

You are a
town vanilla

You have no special abilities beyond the right to vote. However, if you are lynched on Day 1, you will have one 1-shot kill to be used immediately.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town remains standing.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Equinox »

All players have confirmed! Day 1 begins now.

Vote Count 1.00
Not Voting (5) - A Simple Plan, Kaboose, MarioManiac4, Pegasus30, Suzune

With 5 votes in play, it will take 3 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 9:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-08-20 21:00:00).

Moderator CommentsMarioManiac4 is on V/LA until August 9.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Kaboose »

VOTE: A Simple Plan

Why do you need a plan already? What are you planning, who are you planning with?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Suzune »

VOTE: Kaboose

Someone seems over eager.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:34 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Suzune
Overeager=town
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

A quick note: in a vengeful, it is a good idea not to RVS vote because scum quickhammering a townie has a considerable benefit to them. Even if they get venge-killed, town is in a LYLO with no information. Odds are 66% of a scum win. There isn't a lot of analysis you can do in a 3P LYLO either if you don't have anything to go with before LYLO occurred. Reaching concensus first and then voting seems like a better strategy overall.

@ Mario, are you reading Kaboose as overeager town?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

No, it was a RVS reason. The wall of analysis from Pega looks town, I don't want to lynch him ATM.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:46 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

I agree with Pegasus' idea, but that being said, I don't like the idea of putting forth something that could be read as legit as an RVS reason. Cmon Mario, you know better.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Kaboose »

So someone who looks town to Mario suggests votes are bad at this point given the ability to quickhammer, and they don't unvote?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Kaboose »

UNVOTE:
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Suzune »

UNVOTE:

perhaps it was more dangerous to vote then I had initially thought. However no mafia would push a quick hammer so early in the game because it would give provocation for the vengeful to choose them. Or at least I would like to think no one would do that.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

UNVOTE:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Wait, a thought here.
Pegasus doesn't account for the godfather.
In the town Role PMs it says "YOU WIN WHEN THE GODFATHER IS DEAD."
It doesn't mention anything in the scum PMs.

VOTE: Pegasus

The scum won't quickhammer because they lose if the townie chooses the GF correctly. Simple.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Sorry, looking at my Pm again it doesn't say anything about that. Never mind
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Suzune »

I think you are on for the right idea though Mario. If you ever look at it from the perspective of odds. With only a fifty percent chance of a quick hammer being successful, it is just okay. The benifit of playing some before the hammer clearly would out weights a coin flip. This assumes two things though, thus making it flawed, first that s townie would never hammer during during the opening moments and second that the mafia did not think the situation through first.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 14, MarioManiac4 wrote:Sorry, looking at my Pm again it doesn't say anything about that. Never mind

That's not what's wrong with your idea. What I was referring to is that in general it is not a good idea to vote as you would in a normal game because if a townie gets to L-1, it is in scum's best interest to hammer.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 16, Pegasus30 wrote:
In post 14, MarioManiac4 wrote:Sorry, looking at my Pm again it doesn't say anything about that. Never mind

That's not what's wrong with your idea. What I was referring to is that in general it is not a good idea to vote as you would in a normal game because if a townie gets to L-1, it is in scum's best interest to hammer.

So if we assume the scum would have quickhammered, and since those votes were on everyone for quite a bit...

Is it safe to assume that atleast one of the voters are scum?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 3, Kaboose wrote:VOTE: A Simple Plan

Why do you need a plan already? What are you planning, who are you planning with?

In post 4, Suzune wrote:VOTE: Kaboose

Someone seems over eager.

In post 5, MarioManiac4 wrote:VOTE: Suzune
Overeager=town

So if scum would quickhammer given the chance(hypothetically) why didn't they?

I voted A Simple Plan and they weren't hammered. This could be because I'm scum, or because A Simple Plan is.

Suzune voted me, and I wasn't hammered. This could be because Suzune is scum, or because I am scum.

MarioManiac voted Suzune, and they weren't hammered. This could be because MarioManiac is scum, or because Suzune is scum.

I know that's vague... It's just what I'm thinking about with this game right now.

Also if we assume scum would hammer, I think it's safe to say that one of the two that didn't vote are scum. I say that because if they were both scum, wouldn't there have been a hammer? So I think the better way to look at this is either 1 of the two that didn't vote is scum, or neither are scum.

All that said though a sudden two votes wouldn't be good for business as far as the scum goes. It would certainly draw attention to them which I feel scum don't want at all.

So on the other side of the coin if we assume scum WOULD NOT quick hammer given not wanting to stand out, perhaps BOTH the two that didn't vote are scum.

Thoughts?
Level 1-1
Level 1-1
Goon
Level 1-1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Level 1-1 »

Getting to L-2 isn't bad though
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 19, Level 1-1 wrote:

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 19, Level 1-1 wrote:

I can promise this wasn't me.

Wow two of five players on the same hydra in the same game. xD

Also, I'm not sure I like Kaboose's 18- it feels like meaningless noise, and the logic is grasping at straws because it proposes several alternate theories. For example, based on the logic surrounding his quotes, at least one of Kaboose and Suzune must be scum to make that logic apply. In addition, it proposes that none of the voting players are scum, which requires disregarding the first argument altogether.

Kaboose, why waste keystrokes with the most basic of logic?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

yeah kaboose is wrong
but i don't get much vibes from anyone at the moment
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Kaboose »

Oh my bad guys, I didn't mean to interrupt all the conversations going on with my post.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 23, Kaboose wrote:Oh my bad guys, I didn't mean to interrupt all the conversations going on with my post.

Not entirely sure what this has to do with the price of cheese

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”