512: Bojack Horseman Season 2 (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

Well, that's a boring qyestion. Mine's better. Answer it
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

I'll answer a better question: what has polar vortex done to deserve a scum read

Because people have too little scumreads
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

So they will be interested
oopsies! haha!

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

Keep ignoring my question^^
sekai no ki
sekai no ki
Goon
sekai no ki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 am

Post by sekai no ki »

ms, what i really would very much like to see from you is an in-depth explanation of your polar bears and wingstop reads. that's honestly it, really, cos i do think some things you've done this game really don't look like your scum game and the only reason i'm so skeptical of you here is the way you're handling those reads (and your scum reads in general).

i am fairly sure that i'll be able to work it out if you just cooperate with me on this for a bit.
sekai no ki
sekai no ki
Goon
sekai no ki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:27 am

Post by sekai no ki »

In post 1047, sthar8 wrote:But that's a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw, because he made a post where he announced that he is aware of his inaccuracy at meta...

was this before or after there were people telling him he shouldn't try to meta people if he couldn't remember what people's alignments in their previous games were?

if it's before, i might see your point
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:03 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

ok i'm back. reading.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:44 am

In post 843, sekai no ki wrote:anyway, firebringer at the very least MS has been misleading. I feel like you're
bending over backwards to minimize that
when if you're town you should be thinking about it squarely - what town benefit and what scum benefit could accrue from his actions.

This is pretty much exactly what I was trying to say.

In post 844, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 740, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 736, Metal Sonic wrote:but nothing points at me being scum? what are you talking about?

For starters, your "laugh-in-your face scum attitude". Then there are your terrible reads, your bad vote, your chit chat spam...

It's pretty sad looking at that vote count and thinking the only good vote there is ours. Come on town.

So the grass is orange, your nose is blue, and Orlando is bigger than China, and that makes me scum.

Yeah, anybody on earth can knows that's bullshit.

This is another incredibly disingenuous attempt to discredit a valid argument.

Polar brought up 4 excellent, honest points against MS here - all of which are completely true, and all MS did was try to make it look like they were totally invalid and ridiculous.

In post 848, Polar Vortex wrote:ETL, do you still think Firebringer is scum?

Yes. He's done zero actual scumhunting. If I were an investigative role, I'd be looking at him tonight.

In post 857, Metal Sonic wrote:I'm Detectivr Polar from the North Pole

I'm not familiar with the show - I only saw the first couple episodes, but a google search shows nothing for "Detective Polar".
:igmeou:

In post 859, Metal Sonic wrote:You have no credibility as a scumhunter and we are all superior to you

Talk about rude. This is incredibly scummy coming from MS.

Sthar8. On the surface, I love what he's doing. I think it's incredibly diplomatic and definitely benefits the game in a town way. But I also know he's a crafty bastard and can easily mold a narrative to arrive at the conclusion he wants people to have. Objectively, his interaction with firebringer is pretty town. However, it's a bit of a hyperfocus and could be intended to allow him to avoid commentary elsewhere.

UNVOTE:

sthar8/MS? actually.....

In post 893, Kaboose wrote:No, lynching all liars, catches scum and promotes good town play. Read a wiki.

uuummmmm as idealistic as this sounds, it's a good policy. MS is right too in that it does require some critical thinking, but Kaboose is absolute correct about promoting good town play.

The reason the policy requires critical thinking NOW is because stupid townies still lie because they get away with it. Because LAL isn't a hard and fast rule. Because we DON'T promote good town play. Because we DON'T lynch all liars. It is a dwindling spiral that will turn this site into EpicMafia forum style.

In post 895, Polar Vortex wrote:Sometimes the best strategy for town is to lie.

YES
BUT
NOT THE KIND OF LIE MS MADE HERE.

/tangent

Yeah I really wanna lynch MS.

In post 901, Polar Vortex wrote:Ok, I was joking. Wanted kaboose's reaction since I was paranoid of him. Now I'm not. That reaction is pure town.

This made me raise an eyebrow. Looks kind of fabricated yo.

In post 939, Firebringer wrote:I will basically be here until likely endgame.

What made you say this?

In post 942, sekai no ki wrote:I've played very little with Sthar8

I've played very lots with sthar8 and I think he's scum.

In post 943, Firebringer wrote:UNVOTE: ETL

I will await till day ends now.

But why remove the vote?

In post 947, sthar8 wrote:Given how much time you and ETL are wasting trying to deal with him,

Ya know... I don't like this. You know very well how I operate, and how I respond to misplaced arrogance. No extra effort has been devoted to firebringer. In fact, I've done more towards trying NOT to blow up at him and focus on other players than I have towards responding to him.

In post 944, Wingback wrote:
In post 655, Firebringer wrote:
In post 652, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 651, Polar Vortex wrote:you stand there playing video games and wondering why the manager fired you

your analogy is wronger.

firebringer is not playing video games. he has a speech lisp and people are calling for the manager to fire him because you hate hearing his sound + he is "new on the block"

wait till he brings in the fire

then you will be fired

Sonic you are the only enjoyment I get out of this game lol.

I hope you are town. :)

This and Sonic's post that he quoted pretty much discounts a Sonic/Firebringer team.

wat? Why on earth do you think that?

In post 951, Wingback wrote:my impression was that Metal Sonic was going out of his way to get Firebringer to townread him.

Well... yes. I suspect MS more than firebringer, and sthar8 more than firebringer at this point as well.

In post 952, Polar Vortex wrote:You pretty clearly criticized Snowstorm for me dealing with firebringer is weird

The most important thing to know about being in a hydra is to operate as a single entity, and that means taking responsibility for the things your partner has said/done. Hydra dissonance is a Bad Thing and a reason that there is so much resistance against hydra in mafia. Take it on the chin and move on, otherwise I'm going to assume that you're claiming dissonance as a way to shirk responsibility on the slot's actions.

In post 956, Kaboose wrote:guys, this day has gone too long. Figure out that you want to lynch firebringer already plz

What are your thougts about MS and sthar8?

In post 957, Polar Vortex wrote:Now, my problem with you is that you haven't been as present, and when you are you chose to spend time on a slot you described as low hanging fruit. When you said that about Fire you also said you believed there to be scum in MS/ETL and that Ffery was pinging you. But instead of pursuing those leads you chose to focus on the low hanging fruit you think is disruptive. That's not productive, and by focusing on Firebringer it's like you're hanging the fruit even lower.

This is actually a really good observation.

In post 966, Polar Vortex wrote:
VOTE: Sthar.

Firsts.

Yeah I could get behind this today as well.

In post 967, sekai no ki wrote:If, after a player understands another player's reads and does'nt move on to other steps in sorting, the implicit message is that they don't have a problem with the posts and are satisfied with explanations.

Which doesn't gibe with a null read.

hence my wanting to know how she plans to sort us.

You are not a null read. At the time you were because I'd been focusing elsewhere.

Ok. I need to get some things done at work right now, and I have a meeting between 12 and 2, but I'll continue after that.

note to self - continue reading from
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 am

:oops: sorry it's so long...
Art is cool.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1058, EspeciallyTheLies wrote::oops: sorry it's so long...

That's what
I
said.... hehe... get it because I'm a horse?

Anyways..

You do get it right?

Right, so I would you be mad if I said "I want to lynch Sthar over MS because I just don't think MS is scum but I don't think he's a cop."?
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

I want to lynch both sthar and MS actually.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:40 am

In post 1059, Kaboose wrote:Right, so I would you be mad if I said "I want to lynch Sthar over MS because I just don't think MS is scum but I don't think he's a cop."?

Why are you asking if I would be mad about your reads?

But no... I wouldn't be mad. I'm down to lynch either of the two today.
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Vote Count 1.15

Firebringer(1) - Kaboose
Metal Sonic(1) - Wingback
Polar Vortex(1) - Metal Sonic
sthar8(1) - Polar Vortex

Not Voting(4): Sekai no Ki, sthar8, Firebringer, EspeciallyTheLies

-----------

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

(expired on 2015-08-21 12:00:00)

Wanda's moving out.

Oh shit. Because of me?

No. Because of me.

-Bojack and Diane
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Polar Vortex is fucking scum.

INTRO

Polar Vortex has demonstrated a lack of scumhunting desire and engagement throughout the course of this game. Instead of wondering who the scum are, and trying to figure out what the motivations or intents of the players in the game, they delve into theory discussion and skating by through posts that attempt to look like contributing but are actually lacking in substance. They show an ingenuine thought process with regards to their scumreads, which seem like weak attempts to push mislynches. The following paper will discuss these points in detail

part 2 tomorrow its midnight here
oopsies! haha!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:22 am

In post 1063, Metal Sonic wrote:
Polar Vortex is fucking scum.

INTRO

Polar Vortex has demonstrated a lack of scumhunting desire and engagement throughout the course of this game. Instead of wondering who the scum are, and trying to figure out what the motivations or intents of the players in the game, they delve into theory discussion and skating by through posts that attempt to look like contributing but are actually lacking in substance. They show an ingenuine thought process with regards to their scumreads, which seem like weak attempts to push mislynches. The following paper will discuss these points in detail

part 2 tomorrow its midnight here

are you on fucking drugs?
Art is cool.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

That post is like using every mafia jargon possible without saying anything... I think the only point he made was "he's discussing theory" and the rest is just many words saying nothing
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

Mr Mackey: Drugs are bad.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:15 am

ok i'm back. continuing my catch up
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:20 am

In post 974, sthar8 wrote:I jumped on defending ETL from wisdom's attempted cheating. It's possible that the scumteam is oblivious enough to have not seen it, it is possible that ETL is scum and her team decided not to push something that implicated her, and it is possible that the scumteam didn't think they'd have enough traction from that to lynch me.

yeah that didn't happen sthar. where the heck did you defend me??
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 am

In post 972, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 966, Polar Vortex wrote:
VOTE: Sthar.

Firsts.

omgus

VOTE: polar vortex

uhh....are you voting polar because he's voting sthar....?????

lolwow. most blatant chainsaw ever.

In post 976, sthar8 wrote:ETL- did you catch my early game crumbs?

:igmeou:

No. I wasn't looking for any. But you should already know what I think of your crumbs when you make them.

In post 976, sthar8 wrote:I think rn I want PV, but I might compromise onto sonic for all the buddying.

How about a self-vote?

Polar in 982 catching the same thing I did. I LIKE.

sldfjka;dlkfja;l I am being interrupted by work things. I'll be back again soon.
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:45 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1055, sekai no ki wrote:
In post 1047, sthar8 wrote:But that's a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw, because he made a post where he announced that he is aware of his inaccuracy at meta...

was this before or after there were people telling him he shouldn't try to meta people if he couldn't remember what people's alignments in their previous games were?

if it's before, i might see your point

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p7130417

After wisdom announced that he'd been scum in every game, before kaboose came under serious pressure for it.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

sthar, what happened to the let's not lynch Sonic today because of role, but then seeing him as an ok compromise?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Kaboose »

VOTE: sthar
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 am

Post by sthar8 »

somebody
ruined his gambit
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1057, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Sthar8. On the surface, I love what he's doing. I think it's incredibly diplomatic and definitely benefits the game in a town way. But I also know he's a crafty bastard and can easily mold a narrative to arrive at the conclusion he wants people to have. Objectively, his interaction with firebringer is pretty town. However, it's a bit of a hyperfocus and could be intended to allow him to avoid commentary elsewhere.

In post 1057, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I've played very lots with sthar8 and I think he's scum.

reconcile this for me

In post 1057, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 947, sthar8 wrote:Given how much time you and ETL are wasting trying to deal with him,

Ya know... I don't like this. You know very well how I operate, and how I respond to misplaced arrogance. No extra effort has been devoted to firebringer. In fact, I've done more towards trying NOT to blow up at him and focus on other players than I have towards responding to him.

I know, but he's still somehow a scumread of yours. I'm trying to solve that, because every post you make interacting with him is a post that's not forwarding the game. How do you not see that I'm trying to solve him so you don't have to?

A bunch of "wow PV your points here are really bad" ending with "and I somehow agree with the conclusion despite having presented no evidence towards it myself" is not helping my paranoia wrt you.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”