A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 222, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:That leaves Duppin, ASP, and Vedith for me. I am thinking that ASP is probably the most likely to be town out of these, but I admit that I can't read shit on any of these people.

I'll be honest, I've basically just checked out of this game. Titus is currently the only one making a whole ton of sense, and while I like aspects of Vedith and of 4ity, I still don't understand the vote of the latter on me.

One thing I wanna ask though, Hermit... What? Why is your vote on me then?
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Because I don't want to be indecisive
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 226, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Because I don't want to be indecisive

No, reread your post. That doesn't answer my question. If I'm "most likely town" compared to Duppin and Vedith, why are you not voting one of the players who is more likely to be scum?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I say we got with duppin!!!

Even though I like duppin, he must be lynched.

In the name of fire!

VOTE: duppin
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 am

Post by duppin »

Firebringer, does that mean you agree with his list? Very interesting.

Oh and to be honest I don't care about Constantine's list. I am going to unvote someone I find suspicious, just because he wants to defend them.
I don't mind his town reads, but the "would fight their lynch" is a terrible list to give out, because instead of giving actual reads, he is trying to buddy with people not even getting pressured, which is fairly suspicious.
He is also being careful enough not to hard align himself with them, which means he can do a 180 on them tomorrow.
Giving out a vague list like that is pretty questionable. I'd rather see you explain your reads on them.

But oh well, his scum list is me, Vedith and ASP. (I assume).
First of all, there is no way be and Vedith are scumbuddies. Constantine also seems to believe ASP is the most towny of us.
So that most likely means he believe there is maximum 1 scum in his list (and most likely between me and Vedith). It also means he is protecting at least 2 scum.

With that said, I do however want to state that I do not find Constantine super scummy, because I have liked most of what he said so far, but I dislike this play very much and find it fairly suspicious.
So he could've been trying to deflect. ASP was the leading train, yet he still called out ASP, but he also called him the most towny of us.
Perhaps it was a busplay, perhaps nothing. In either case, this is nothing I want to pursue today, but it might be worth looking into later.

In post 213, Vampirate wrote:
In post 212, duppin wrote:Hm to be honest I don't mind my current vote.

Still waiting for The Enigma to get replaced though.

So what is it about my slot that you dislike?

I wasn't too fond of the slot before you got replaced, and I really disliked your entrance. I do not see a reason for you to bring up.
Then you continued discussing it for no reason at all. I am not entirely sure whether you were trying to pressure ASP or not, but he was the leading train which is a bit interesting because it is the only thing you brought up.

I do not understand how anyone can town read you to be honest but meh.

My vote is most likely going to end on The Enigma's slot though. I still think he was suspicious, but he still hasn't been replaced which is a shame.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:11 am

Post by duppin »

Sorry for the typo. I meant, I am
not
going to unvote.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 am

My biggest concern is that most players have been pretty civil and are using a high degree of critical analysis that is quite rare on MS games.

For that reason I could see us going through with a policy lynch rather than gambling on a scum read today. Ika and The Enigma are both slots that have overall ignored the game state. Alternatively, Firebringer has been posting a lot of fluff and seems to be content sheeping rather than scum hunting.

UNVOTE: ASP

Thoughts?
Show

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:12 am

Post by duppin »

Why do you think Vampirate is town?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:32 am

Post by Vedith »

@Titan - Just because you don't agree with my posts doesn't mean it's all 'waffle'... In fact, what have you actually provided apart from a silly opinion of what I would do as scum Mafia in a situation (considering you don't know how I play) and saying that what I am posting has no reason more or less. Now, I think it would be stupid play of scum to try so hard on focusing a town normally so I wouldn't put you higher on my scum list for this, but I do see it as more of an arrogant, thinking that only your opinion matters play.

The situation with me being scum/town for posting a response of no follow up questions to an ongoing game is just stupid.
Regardless of what align it is breaking the rules to discuss further in on going games. And for Titan to suggest that questions should be looped holed around for the game is just careless play imo.

@Hermit - You are just jump voting and giving silly reasons so if a town flips you can just shrug it off.
Why are 4xty and Ika town for you then?
And what made you change your mind over Yimmy so easily?
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 218, Titus wrote:
In post 216, Titus wrote:Yes. There's no substance. A scum "feeling" is something that an be brushed aside without a care. He's also projecting onto you what he is doing himself. There's no desire to quantify why he feels you have no substance, rather he asks for reads.

@Vampirate, That's the gist I got. He's avoiding disaster. Just because you viewed it unnecessary doesn't mean he did. What do you think of him, assuming that's a null tell?

I'm currently flip flopping on ASP and Vedith atm, I can see your viewpoint here. I'm viewing Vedith as someone who's more on the defensive than the offensive atm, and yeah I don't like his stance on The Worst that much either as it reads 'making things up' to me.

What I truly find interesting are that my two main scum reads are town reading each other, Vedith doesn't seem to want a ASP lynch as well. Take this what you will.

I've also am reading some of ASP's responses and I don't like his reaction to Hermit.

Town reads in no towny order

Titus
Firebringer
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
The Worst

The grey list of nullness

Duppin
4nxi3ty
The Enigma
Yimmy
randomidget
ika

The evil empire of scum

Vedith
A Simple Plan
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:56 am

@Duppin

I don't actually believe I called vampirate town in that post. He is town, but only because I am not scum reading him. You MS folks call that a null read, psshh

@Vedith

I don't think a policy lynch today is silly reasoning, especially when the people who are active are putting a lot of effort into scum hunting. Even the people I am reading as scum have done a lot of scum hunting.
Show

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:04 am

Post by Vedith »

@Hermit - And your opinion change on Yimmy was...?

@Vampirate - The only lynches I'm against as it stands is 4nxi3ty and Titus. I'm just not a fan of weak reasons.

Plus, I'm not worried, it wouldn't be a day 1 without thinking I'm scum.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 218, Titus wrote:
I wasn't too fond of the slot before you got replaced,

Elaborate

In post 218, Titus wrote:and I really disliked your entrance.

Again, elaborate

[quote="In post 218
I do not see a reason for you to bring up.[/quote]

I just got replaced and was reading the thread. Quite simply felt out of place, as if ASP was trying to fit in the picture.

[quote="In post 218Then you continued discussing it for no reason at all.[/quote]

I pursued something I found suspicious, should I stop scumhunting because someone was the leading candidtae? Also, noone commented on it as well. If you find something you do not like and no one talks about it, regardless of when you should bring up your points. Why do you
not
me to pursue something I find suspicious?

[quote="In post 218 I am not entirely sure whether you were trying to pressure ASP or not, but he was the leading train which is a bit interesting because it is the only thing you brought up.[/quote]

Of course I was pressuring ASP, if you noticed I haven't voted yet, this pretty much indicates I haven't exactly made up my mind who I wanted to be lynched yet. I'm flip flopping on ASP and Vedith atm.

[quote="In post 218I do not understand how anyone can town read you to be honest but meh.[/quote]

Everyone has their own perspective so *shrugs*

[quote="In post 218My vote is most likely going to end on The Enigma's slot though. I still think he was suspicious, but he still hasn't been replaced which is a shame.[/quote]

I don't like this, scum are imo more likely 'try' to appear active. If you are scum reading me for whatever reason your vote 'should' stick on me unless someone does something you dislike that takes the crown in your head as scummier.

I have no issues with you scum reading me honestly, just want to find your perspective to try and sort you out.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:06 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Fifth Solar Echelon, in the year
, top military advisors of the Adeptus Mechanus brought forward three battle plans for winning the war against the mutants, aliens, heretics, and rebels
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan One
- Sheep Titus on Vedith for honor and glory! Hurrah!

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan Two
- Be the vanguard of democracy and lynch ASP to ensure unity and cohesion! Hurrah!

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan Three
- Play it safe and policy lynch Enigma for ultimate stategic and tactical efficiency! Hurrah!

Mod note-
"It is the 41st Millennium."
:mrgreen:
I tip my hat to you for this post regardless
Last edited by Reubus Swagrid on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:07 am

Post by duppin »

In post 235, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Duppin

I don't actually believe I called vampirate town in that post. He is town, but only because I am not scum reading him. You MS folks call that a null read, psshh

@Vedith

I don't think a policy lynch today is silly reasoning, especially when the people who are active are putting a lot of effort into scum hunting. Even the people I am reading as scum have done a lot of scum hunting.

I understand that. You just stated you'd defend him, which is very interesting. Why do you want to defend your null reads? (I mean defending them if you think they are towny or that the push is scummy makes sense) And why do you feel the need to tell us? I really dislike you buddying so much. Next time please consider just pushing on your scumreads instead of this.

I'd also like to know why you scum read me.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:10 am

Why do you want to defend your null reads?

As I said, unlike MS players, non-scum reads are town for all intents and purposes. This mindset leads to a lot less mislynching.

You strongly resemble the scum meta of a couple other people. In other words, it is a gut thing!
Show

Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 229, duppin wrote:
I wasn't too fond of the slot before you got replaced,

Elaborate

In post 229, duppin wrote:and I really disliked your entrance.

Again, elaborate

In post 229, duppin wrote:
I do not see a reason for you to bring up.

I just got replaced and was reading the thread. Quite simply felt out of place, as if ASP was trying to fit in the picture.

In post 229, duppin wrote:Then you continued discussing it for no reason at all.

I pursued something I found suspicious, should I stop scumhunting because someone was the leading candidtae? Also, noone commented on it as well. If you find something you do not like and no one talks about it, regardless of when you should bring up your points. Why do you
not
me to pursue something I find suspicious?

In post 229, duppin wrote:I am not entirely sure whether you were trying to pressure ASP or not, but he was the leading train which is a bit interesting because it is the only thing you brought up.

Of course I was pressuring ASP, if you noticed I haven't voted yet, this pretty much indicates I haven't exactly made up my mind who I wanted to be lynched yet. I'm flip flopping on ASP and Vedith atm.

In post 229, duppin wrote:I do not understand how anyone can town read you to be honest but meh.

Everyone has their own perspective so *shrugs*

In post 229, duppin wrote:My vote is most likely going to end on The Enigma's slot though. I still think he was suspicious, but he still hasn't been replaced which is a shame.

I don't like this, scum are imo more likely 'try' to appear active. If you are scum reading me for whatever reason your vote 'should' stick on me unless someone does something you dislike that takes the crown in your head as scummier.

I have no issues with you scum reading me honestly, just want to find your perspective to try and sort you out.

Edited again for clairity lol.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:13 am

In post 238, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Fifth Solar Echelon, in the year 2035, top military advisors of the Adeptus Mechanus brought forward three battle plans for winning the war against the mutants, aliens, heretics, and rebels

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan One
- Sheep Titus on Vedith for honor and glory! Hurrah!

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan Two
- Be the vanguard of democracy and lynch ASP to ensure unity and cohesion! Hurrah!

Spoiler: Top Secret Plan Three
- Play it safe and policy lynch Enigma for ultimate stategic and tactical efficiency! Hurrah!

Without looking at these top secret plans, chose one at random so we can end this goddamn day! I think it is in our best intrests if we all agree to collectively limit our options. I have a feeling this is heading towards a no lynch.
Show

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:13 am

Post by duppin »

@Vampirate,

I already explained why I did not like your entrance (you even commented on it). Your reasoning for doing so does not change much. I disliked it and thought the read was weak.

I did not like the slot simply because he did nothing. This is not a scum tell at all, because the most likely conclusion is that he simply did not have time. But it caught my attention and I noted it down fairly early in the game because I was waiting for content from him. Then you replaced and I thought your entrance was very questionable, so obviously I do not like your slot.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:15 am

FOS Vampirate

I wish I knew actual statistics, but I would like to say 80% of players whom consistently make wall posts that only respond to one player are scum.
Show

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:15 am

Post by duppin »

In post 241, Vampirate wrote:

No, he was my top scum earlier. Unfortunately he hasn't been replaced yet, which means I have no reason to pressure him. I think he is more likely to be scum than you, but his lynch will give us less information. I will also not gain nothing by pressuring him right now.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:16 am

Post by duppin »

In post 240, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:

You strongly resemble the scum meta of a couple other people. In other words, it is a gut thing!

Elaborate please.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:18 am

In post 246, duppin wrote:
In post 240, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:

Elaborate please.

I will try my best your highness

Past Scum Metas = Duppin Meta = Suspicious = Scum?
Show

Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 243, duppin wrote:@Vampirate,

I already explained why I did not like your entrance (you even commented on it). Your reasoning for doing so does not change much. I disliked it and thought the read was weak.

I did not like the slot simply because he did nothing. This is not a scum tell at all, because the most likely conclusion is that he simply did not have time. But it caught my attention and I noted it down fairly early in the game because I was waiting for content from him. Then you replaced and I thought your entrance was very questionable, so obviously I do not like your slot.

Fair enough.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:22 am

Vampirate, please decide on who you are going to murder?
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”