Mini Normal 1707 - Frog Mafia! - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 172, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I've voted VeeGee.

I would like people to join me.

VCs are tech. >_>
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Zakk that sounds like really bad reasoning for not voting somebody.

We're also now at p8 having had no wagons form. This isn't a great start.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Fro99er »

Ciara24 is being replaced, I cannot accept a week long V/LA when this game was openly advertised as 10 day deadline

ika will have until 2:00pm USA East Coast time on August 19th (tomorrow, 5 full days after the game started...=1/2 of a day phase) to post, or he will be replaced

As a note for the rest of the game, any V/LA that lasts longer than 120 hours (=5 real life days, =exactly half of a day phase), will now be replaced. I will add this to the rules in post #1, and keep this in mind for any future games I mod with shorter than 2 week deadlines.
Last edited by Fro99er on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 170, zakk wrote:
if necessary a deadline extension of five days after the replacement is found

Deadline extension is not necessary. There is still plenty of time left in the day phase, and I have a replacement list going that I can pull from pretty quickly.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
VeeGee
VeeGee
Goon
VeeGee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:49 am

Post by VeeGee »

BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Anyone wanna vote VeeGee?

Ooh! Me! Me!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Fro99er »

Scorpious replaces Ciara24
Heil King Froggo.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:04 am

Post by zakk »

okay guys. i re-read the thread and went through everything meticulously.

Shiro is town.
AxleGreaser is town.
notscience is scum.
Metal Sonic is scum.
BlueBloodedToffee is town.
singersigner is town.

Lynch accordingly.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:04 am

Post by zakk »

Vote: notscience
permanently retired

see here for more info
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Malakittens »

what about me...?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

Post by zakk »

I'm not sure on you, yet. You've gone back to a "I'm not sure enough to blatantly push your lynch" type of read.

Why do you care though? Vote notscience and sheep me to victory.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:08 am

Post by zakk »

Nosferatu is also someone I'd be very happy to lynch after notscience is dead.

singersigner, let's talk.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

yeah no

i have way more experience in reading notty than anyone here (i believe -- sonic comes to a close second). His alignment will be pretty transparent as time goes by. Right now I'm not really getting scumvibes from his posts, but if you could explain why you are scum reading him that'd be helpful and also explain sonic too.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am

Post by zakk »

Ehhhh. I disagree. but w/e it's neither here nor there at the moment.

And I hadn't seen your post #173 yet, Mala. Good conclusion re:me, but re:notscience-scum, I don't think you can read notscience-scum nearly as well as notscience-scum can read you. ;)

And I know you don't really know who I am yet (don't worry, you will, lol) but if you're town, gimme a chance, k? haha
permanently retired

see here for more info
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

really zakk

do you know how close notty and I are?

what makes you so sure i can't read him?

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Scorpious »

In for Ciara,not too much,so I should be able to catch up fairly quick..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Shiro

Let's do this.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:08 am

Post by notscience »

Also Mala, I'm rather excited to see zakk try and convince singer I'm scum.

While yes, I think sonic has more experience with me I would expect singer's read to be a bit more reliable as I've talked to her about my approach to the game whereas I've never really had that with ms, but meh.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 185, zakk wrote:Nosferatu is also someone I'd be very happy to lynch after notscience is dead.

singersigner, let's talk.

About what? You're nothin a convince me to vote Notty today

notscience wrote:VOTE: Shiro

Let's do this.

Why?

I like tomatoes.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 am

Post by zakk »

Okay, Malakittens, what do you think of:

- notscience's # being immediately unhelpful right off the bat? (that's anti-town, by the way)

- notscience's # saying he doesn't want to go into stupid discussions that do nothing but clutter the thread, when in actuality this same post does nothing but clutter the thread? (that's anti-town, by the way)

- notscience's # saying "if you want to ask me a question about the game thus far, you can do so" but when I asked him a question before, he gave me a non-response? That's completely hypocritical, no matter which way you try to spin it.

- notscience's # saying "I'm telling you how it's going to be", which not only reeks of small-penis syndrome but also sets up a precedent for trying to control how others interact (which is scummy, by the way).

- notscience's # giving self-meta "I vote mala a fair amount, and she's probably going to RVS me, so.", at the same time as contributing nothing of worthwhile value to the thread.

- notscience's # saying "singer is likely town" (with no reasoning), and voting you, as if merely the presence of his vote on singer was able to help him ascertain her alignment, even though he had ZERO interactions with her during that entire time. This reeks of setting himself up to park his vote places until he decides they're town (with no reasoning), instead of voting for people he thinks is scum (which is scummy, by the way).

- notscience's # disagreeing that Axle is town, yet doesn't vote him. His vote is parked on mala, and it's remained there for the last three days, even when in post #82 he says he's "choosing to waffle instead of white-knight" you. Why would he be voting someone he'd otherwise be white-knighting? Especially when in #73 he says he "cant argue against scumread on Mala". This makes absolutely no sense.

- notscience's # being very self-aware, in the vein of "I am publicly claiming that I'm intentionally doing these anti-town things, because I'm me, and you're all just going to have to deal with it" (that's anti-town at best, by the way. again, it sets up the precedent to allow him to do scummy things while saying "but I always do scummy things, you can't vote me just for *that* little thing. which is scummy, by the way)

- notscience's # saying "I'm not sure how I feel about that sonic quote" and then proceeds to throw shade on sonic, without actually calling him scummy, just hypocritical (hint: that's what scum do), and then being hypocritical himself (by saying that sonic is making the game unmanageable, when he's doing the same), and also just scumplaining about irrelevant things like "making the game unmanageable" when really we should be scumhunting, not complaining that the game isn't exactly as we wish it were. news flash, we'll never get what we want, we just have to work with it. but scum likes to complain about irrelevant things, so that they don't have to address real (i.e. alignment-related) issues. and that's what notscience is doing here (which is scummy, by the way)... lol, I hope you're seeing a pattern here...

- notscience's # feels like he's trying to force someone to take a stance on him. a pro-town thing is to force others to take stances on OTHERS... this polarizes opinions instead of muddying them. this is good. however, scum wants people to take stances on oneSELF (i.e. like you, Mala, did to ME, in both posts #78 and #183, where you want to know why I think you're scum, and then ask my opinion of you). This is a pretty basic scum-tell, and cognizance of such goes hand-in-hand with reading the game through the lens of scum-mindset vs. town-mindset. it's pretty easy to spot, if you know what you're looking for. which I do.

- notscience's # being more concerned about regulating others' behavior than finding scum.

- notscience's # using "it's just gut" as a reason for thinking someone's town.

- notscience's # using filler like "it's nothing that will stop the presses, but for the time being" which is something scum do when trying to pad out their posts to make them longer (EVEN though he's been quite vocal at this point about wanting to cut down on "unmanageable"-ness in the game thread)

- notscience's # being more concerned with making a connection with singer, than with being transparent and useful about his intentions. It's also pretty cryptic, which is the "hey let's share a secret" factor. Bonus: This interaction also only makes sense if notscience KNOWS singer is town, 100%, than with any other case of alignments (both town, or SS-scum/NS-town). Please tell me you're noticing these things, before you call notscience town.

- notscience's # and # being nothing but trying to control someone else's interactions with the game through threats. It's fairly obvious by now that notscience either has an EXTREME napoleon complex (my definition being the same as wikipedia: "characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior, and carries the implication that such behaviour is compensatory"), or, far more simply, is scum and is trying to throw his weight around to make sure things happen like he wants, while at the same time, patting townies who are his site-friends on the back and trying to use them to accomplish his ends.

- notscience's # and # asking Axle questions about being ESL and about VCA. In other words, things that are pretty irrelevant to the game and give notscience something to talk about which is, again, alignment-unindicative.

- notscience's # distancing from "things I do as scum" (another relatively basic scum tell, which anyone here should spot easily enough).

- notscience's # being another example of the napoleon complex present, whether it's real or simply a tool used to accomplish more nefarious ends. I mean... "MS do I need to warn you too?" lolwut, he's not the moderator, you get zero credit for wearing the biggest pair of pants. you get credit for having something worth wearing big pants FOR, which clearly he does not. therefore any such threats are useless.

- notscience's # devolving the game to the point of baiting, joking around instead of scumhunting. (in other words, filling up the thread with yet more posts which have nothing to do with the alignments of the players therein. obligatory: by the way,... etc.)

Mala, you think you know notscience so well? Good.

I'm highly interested to know your opinions of these things. Thanks.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 177, Fro99er wrote:
Ciara24 is being replaced, I cannot accept a week long V/LA when this game was openly advertised as 10 day deadline

ika will have until 2:00pm USA East Coast time on August 19th (tomorrow, 5 full days after the game started...=1/2 of a day phase) to post, or he will be replaced

As a note for the rest of the game, any V/LA that lasts longer than 120 hours (=5 real life days, =exactly half of a day phase), will now be replaced. I will add this to the rules in post #1, and keep this in mind for any future games I mod with shorter than 2 week deadlines.

In post 178, Fro99er wrote:
In post 170, zakk wrote:
if necessary a deadline extension of five days after the replacement is found

Deadline extension is not necessary. There is still plenty of time left in the day phase, and I have a replacement list going that I can pull from pretty quickly.

all glory to the hypnofrog
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:16 am

Post by zakk »

Singer, feel free to pipe up WRT that post too (#193).
permanently retired

see here for more info
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 am

Post by singersigner »

@zakk...the first 5-6 things you listed as "anti-town" with regards to him trying to make sure this game isn't spammy I can confirm is something both of us have discussed as something we'd like to see change in the site's meta. Announcing that it's not something he (and his confidence that he can make that happen stems from know I feel the same way and will be stubborn about it) will tolerate isn't anti-town because it's warning you ahead of time what he will be watching out for. I've taken to the same practice and advocate for policy lynches (more so in larges, but D1 PLs in minis aren't terrible either).

The fact is, we both feel that scum can hide in spam, whether town does it, or scum do it so much they hide their BS. Neither of us want to do that. If you can't play an honest game of manipulation, look elsewhere or be at risk of a PL whenever you play with one of us.

That being said, not sure that I've been the shining beacon of town that would encourage soliciting my opinion and read, but I do feel that the two of us have spent the larger part of the last month discussing strategy and what we hate about MS lately, so appealing to me is equal parts trying to dissect my thought process as it is reading me.

I will also say that I incorrectly misread him at first in Purple mafia for almost exactly what you don't like about him, lol.

I like tomatoes.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 am

Post by notscience »

Spoiler: For zakk

The reason I want to wagon shiro is because I think Axle is town, I think you are town, I think Veegee is town, I think BBT is probably town, I think zakk is sadly town, and I'm okay with a leantown on mala atm.

I'm letting scorpious catch up.

I'm wary of MS.

i'm wary of shadow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 am

Post by singersigner »

So...PoE?

Why start a new wagon then? I have a juicy one over here...

I like tomatoes.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: nos

Because I didn't see you already had one.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”