NY 188: Delicious Mafia II (Post-game chatter)

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:23 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2099, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2093, SilverWolf wrote:I think there are scum in the lurkers-those barely playing for sure.

GM-how would leashing be helpful here?

Leashing TSO? Because he's not Town and not a Survivor and probably able to kill and possibly a 3p or else he'd have selfhammered when I pointed out that he can't be a Survivor.

So, in leashing him, we could net a Scum kill.
Or we could fuck up worse.

Your vote only put him at L-2. I had already pointed out he was at L-3 before that.

And no, I'm not a fan of leashing a 3P killing role or leaving them around in a game once they are out.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

If Survivor or any non-killing 3P was possible, I still wouldn't be a fan of leaving him around. His wincon is not the same as town's, I'm sure you are aware of that.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:33 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2099, goodmorning wrote:Survivor's been non-Normal since before the new guidelines though, if that's what you're trying to imply, which I don't think it is.

nope
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 2094, Shinobi wrote:The hydra thing?

The 'hydrae aren't Normal' thing.

I don't understand how that would keep you from modding.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:34 am

Post by T S O »

If I had to vig someone right now it would probably be Mahonster. Curious gut feeling.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 am

Post by ika »

ok how about we sttle this once and for all

vet/mod, are survivors allowed in normal games at all?

this is the same shit i had in my other game i hosted where ppl sat aroudn dicussing leaving a 3p alive or not
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Nosferatu »

what is leashing?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 am

Post by ika »

In post 2105, ika wrote:
vet/mod, under current normal guildlies are survivors allowed in normal games at all?

fixed

pedit leashing is leaving a said player alive for town to use. most times its an sk to be left alive to be used as a vig
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 2105, ika wrote:ok how about we sttle this once and for all

vet/mod, are survivors allowed in normal games at all?

this is the same shit i had in my other game i hosted where ppl sat aroudn dicussing leaving a 3p alive or not

This game is normal, which means it follows the normal guidelines in the Wiki Page.

2023 W/L | 1-0
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Fro99er »

leashing TSO would be pretty risky, in case TSO is actual scum and not SK
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:46 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2105, ika wrote:

Oh yeah, if it's the one I was in there was a quite a debate about this. I know as scum, we wanted him gone but I can't even remember why. He couldn't kill. Town was split. Some wanted him dead. Some didn't but his wincon was very detailed and he decided to work with town but was limited by what town would let him do without lynching him. I think scum just wanted him gone because it wasn't a scum lynch and we were working with numbers/kills/majority at deadline.

I think-this is all off memory which isn't that great.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Oh and do we really want the debate all game of what if he's a fakeclaiming scum?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2111, SilverWolf wrote:Oh and do we really want the debate all game of what if he's a fakeclaiming scum?

Totally agree. TSO is today's lynch.

But I do want to ask fire...why did you quickclaim cop/TSO guilty? Wouldn't it have been better to try to get another investigation off and out two things tomorrow? You currently weren't in danger of being lynched since day just started. Had you become in danger, you could have claimed. And if you didn't get close to being lynched, you were at least scumread enough that you probably wouldn't have been a night kill, except for a vig, but the even night vig died.

Just curious why you didn't go for a 2nd investigation, and crumbed a TSO guilty instead?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 am

Post by ika »

In post 2112, Fro99er wrote:Just curious why you didn't go for a 2nd investigation, and crumbed a TSO guilty instead?

suboptimal

also if he dies, its very easy for someone to kinda mess up who he did check and what his results are
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 am

Post by ika »

FOUND IT SURVIVOR IS NOT POSSBILE
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:56 am

Post by ika »

Mechanics which are explicitly Non-Normal include:

Those affecting a role's alignment (no Cults)
Anything which significantly affects the core mechanic of majority/plurality lynches (no Kingmaker, for example)
Anything resolving with a random element
Post Restrictions (other than those included in the ruleset, such as "No quoting your Role PM").
Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons"
Night action redirection (no Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, or Redirector)
Returning "No Result" to Trackers who do not see their target go anywhere (in favor of "Your target did not visit anyone")
Alignments other than Mafia/Werewolf, Pro-Town, and Serial Killer (
no Survivor
, Lyncher, or Jester).

Hydra accounts
Differing kill flavor for different factions - everyone that dies at night should flip in the same way (e.g., "died during the night" or "was found dead")

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 am

Post by ika »

so unless areo somehow bypassed that or NGR overlooked it tso dies today
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2113, ika wrote:
In post 2112, Fro99er wrote:Just curious why you didn't go for a 2nd investigation, and crumbed a TSO guilty instead?

suboptimal

also if he dies, its very easy for someone to kinda mess up who he did check and what his results are

Like I said, he wasn't at risk of dying yet. If he was, he could out his result. If he felt he was townread enough, he could have outed it near day end too. The even night vig is dead, so only scum would kill him tonight. In that event, he could have crumbed his result. There's some pretty obvious ways of crumbing it.

He could still be scum cop. I'm not ruling that out, in which case it's to his benefit to get the result out there ASAP.
Heil King Froggo.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 am

Post by ika »

In post 2117, Fro99er wrote:
In post 2113, ika wrote:

suboptimal

Like I said, he wasn't at risk of dying yet. If he was, he could out his result. If he felt he was townread enough, he could have outed it near day end too. The even night vig is dead, so only scum would kill him tonight. In that event, he could have crumbed his result. There's some pretty obvious ways of crumbing it.

He could still be scum cop. I'm not ruling that out, in which case it's to his benefit to get the result out there ASAP.

doesnt change the endpoint.

if he dies and never outed results we would of never known maybe

but im not here to have this pointless debate about how or when cops need to claim
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:21 am

Post by SilverWolf »

OK, If TSO is a killing role, and the other kill is a vig, then there is only one scumteam which makes the chances of Firebringer being a scum cop less likely. I do agree he could of pushed TSO without claiming right away but it's not a bad thing that he claimed. If he dies, and TSO isn't lynched, that's a problem.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 2.2
VoteCount 2.2

With 17 alive it's 9 to lynch!

Mod Notes:

Skybird -

T S O -
Firebringer, Kop, SilverWolf, Texcat, Lapsa, Ozgin
(L-3)

Ika -

Silverwolf -

Shinobi -

Ozgin -

Texcat -

Kop -

Fro99er -

Lapsa -

Mahonster -

Quaroath -

Firebringer -

RedFF -

Nosferatu -

Annadog40 -

Goodmorning -

Not Voting
-
Quaroath, Goodmorning, Fro99er, ika, T S O, Nosferatu, Skybird, RedFF, Mahonster, Shinobi, Annadog40

Food Queue -
French Silk Pie, ice cream sundae, vegetarian dish, roast turkey, PO-TA-TOES, Southern Biscuits and Gravy Lays Chips, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Conch, Cranberry Sauce

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2015-09-04 00:30:32)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2119, SilverWolf wrote:OK, If TSO is a killing role, and the other kill is a vig, then there is only one scumteam which makes the chances of Firebringer being a scum cop less likely. I do agree he could of pushed TSO without claiming right away but it's not a bad thing that he claimed. If he dies, and TSO isn't lynched, that's a problem.

And if TSO is groupscum?

Still think Fire could have waited. If he was in danger of death, he could always out, or blatantly crumb at worst. A cop flip means we would have been searching for crumbs. Philosophy I guess. I've been chided multiple times in the past for claiming early, by some of my close friends even, so now I'm wary of it.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Fro99er »

GM can confirm I got yelled at for claiming tracker too early.
Heil King Froggo.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:53 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2100, SilverWolf wrote:Your vote only put him at L-2. I had already pointed out he was at L-3 before that.

And no, I'm not a fan of leashing a 3P killing role or leaving them around in a game once they are out.

Hmm.

Then I think our opinions differ.

In post 2101, SilverWolf wrote:If Survivor or any non-killing 3P was possible, I still wouldn't be a fan of leaving him around. His wincon is not the same as town's, I'm sure you are aware of that.

It's as similar to Town's as it is to Scum's. The 3p will play it in their own way, it's a lot more flexible than regular Scum that way.

If he is 3p, he'd probably be inclined to play in a way that would help Town.

In post 2103, Shinobi wrote:
In post 2094, Shinobi wrote:The hydra thing?

The 'hydrae aren't Normal' thing.

I don't understand how that would keep you from modding.

I'm annoyed about it and don't want to mod a game in which I don't feel I have discretion as to my playerlists, since I don't personally consider hydrae non-Normal.
Why are you asking me about this?

In post 2122, Fro99er wrote:GM can confirm I got yelled at for claiming tracker too early.

It's true.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 am

Post by redFF »

i dont care if TSO is a survivor or not (thought I don't believe he is), he's not town, he is clearly today's lynch

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”