Mini 1699 - #swag wars: THE empire strikes back (swaggedout)

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by notscience »

In case it wasn't clear, I'm more interested in lynching from the claims other than tammy's than I am from the VTs.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Nacho, I don't understand 2620-1, after reading several times. Are you town reading pie for the meltdown or not?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 2623, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2459, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 2329, Oversoul wrote:Meh. I won't be on when Tammy is here, but she was 100% right about my intentions with my claim.

I am a VT. Was trying to act vague and boisterous to draw the nightkill.

Unvote.

If you wanted to be "vague and boisterous to draw the nightkill", why didn't you claim "not VT" right off the bat?

Why did you unvote here?

Throughout the course of this day, you have been my top suspect. While Oversoul has been a close second, he has never surpassed you in suspiciousness. I only voted for Oversoul because he was a. ignoring a question that I had asked him (which frustrates me and gives me no other option) and b. was refusing to claim (same rationale). He claimed and eventually answered my question, so I un-voted with the intention of moving my vote back to you.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2503, Wickedestjr wrote:Ok well I had gotten the impression RC was one of your strongest town reads. Why would you choose to start with RC (because others expressed concern) rather than go for a weaker town read like SS, pie or myself even? Or am I misreading the strength?

Felt right. I'm not sure where RC fell in my specific hierarchy of town reads at that point, but he wasn't near the top and thus more votable than others.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't understand why I have to follow my set reads in order, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by implosion »

Nacho wrote:And I'm sure this is going to become a hell of a lot more obvious tomorrow, but this is scummy as shit. Normal people don't look at an exchange like that and go "oh, this is scum for the wrong reasons!". Scum trying to fuel a fire absolutely do.

Your characterization of this is funny, given that you're describing it as not something normal people would do, when earlier you called me weird in a neutral way. I don't see why this is something that you think town-me wouldn't say; I'm looking for a lot of scum in a tiny player list full of people towntelling. I'm looking for any damn reason that someone could be scum because if I just go by process of elimination alone then I'd have eliminated everyone a long time ago, so I can only rely on the more confident of those eliminations right now. I also don't see how that's fueling a fire given that pie isn't taking a ton of heat at the moment.
Nacho wrote:Implosion's weak interjection here looks exactly like his weak interjection after the pie posts. Fancy that.

Oh no, I didn't have a strong opinion on something but I still had things to say. Sue me.

RC I really actually do need those reasons for wicked to be town though, the more that I think about it. I'm looking for scum in {OS, Nacho, Wicked, pie, ffery} and my gut is telling me that nacho's posturing right now is town, or at least that the way this day is playing out makes nacho + os both scum unlikely. So I have very few options for who is scum if I'm to have my thoughts remain consistent.

I'm definitely comfortable with lynching OS if he's going to lurk away after his "obvtowning the slot" didn't work. I know RL is a thing, but I feel like the sudden drastic drop in activity and in general adamancy is suspect. I want to know if RL is the only cause. I feel like this day has been very smooth sailing in terms of being able to get stuff accomplished and that now, suddenly, one key person has become inactive and is impeding that process because of that.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by implosion »

In general the pie/notscience dynamic is extremely interesting... and thinking more about it, the way it has ultimately played out just makes me suspicious of pie. notscience's paranoia over his pie read had a very open, natural progression. It felt like he went through multiple instances of being dead-certain that pie was scum and then retracting that certainty, like a real paranoid townie. Like someone who felt that their view of the game was starting to collapse and that they had to change something. pie's was very sudden and felt reactive to notscience.

It comes down to this: pie's suspicion of notscience was extremely consistently unwavering. Iirc, she was constantly tunneling notscience even through the early stages of notscience trying to work with pie/showing paranoia over the pie scumread (point out if I missed pie stating some uncertainty over her notscience read because if I did miss something like this then this argument has a lot less merit). That level of dedication to the scumread doesn't feel like something that pie could just sleep on and suddenly be over. Conversely switching to a townread on notscience there is *extremely* convenient for pie-scum: notscience was becoming a less in-vogue scumread, and it gives pie the opportunity to start pushing nacho (this makes more sense if nacho is town, which i think in turn makes sense if oversoul is scum). I guess I am somewhat pushing an oversoul-pie team here. I guess nacho town doesn't technically strictly imply oversoul scum assuming my strong townreads but i think it does by poe unless it's something like pie-ffery-wicked which would be silly.

Idk. Pie's continual level of seeming anger towards notscience without any second-thoughts at all turning into her suddenly being willing to work with notscience just feels wrong.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by implosion »

Also I really don't actually have any good reasons to think nacho is town. *entirely* gut. There is the thought that oversoul-scum implies nacho-town to some extent but something about his recent play also does ping town. The switching claim to backup rolecop of all things... i mean, I made the point that a backup rolecop could be scum but would a mafia backup rolecop REALLY claim rolecop here? That seems downright idiotic.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I could vote implosion.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You know, we could argue with each other up and down about "why would town Nacho do this?" "a backup sounds like a questionable role" "let's put implosion back on the table" "I only want to lynch claimed PRs" etc etc...

Can someone explain to me how Oversoul gets away with lurking right now as town? Which, for the record, is completely UNLIKE how he acted when he was actually being pressured as the likely lynch. Which, for the record, is exactly what Vinkah did to get away from pressure yesterday.

Can someone DEFEND this role slot right now? This very second? The way it's lurking to get away from pressure? Oversoul sure as hell won't do it. pie? ns? ffrey? Wicked? Tammy? Anyone................?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Last three posts:

In post 2334, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2332, implosion wrote:(also my theory was that oversoul was going to claim to be a second miller, in which case i probably would have unvoted to think about it)

In post 2331, implosion wrote:yep
a vt who wanted to draw out the rolecop on them because a rolecop on a vt totally gives us useful information
makes sense.

Then fucking shoot me. I'm a bad lynch objectively.

:up: Over three days ago
In post 2511, Oversoul wrote:I'll answer things. But tonight. Very busy.

:up: Yesterday afternoon
In post 2528, Oversoul wrote:Something from me tonight

:up: Yesterday afternoon
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 2633, fferyllt wrote:I could vote implosion.

RC does have a point about OS.

That being said, I agree.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2634, RedCoyote wrote:You know, we could argue with each other up and down about "why would town Nacho do this?" "a backup sounds like a questionable role" "let's put implosion back on the table" "I only want to lynch claimed PRs" etc etc...

Can someone explain to me how Oversoul gets away with lurking right now as town? Which, for the record, is completely UNLIKE how he acted when he was actually being pressured as the likely lynch. Which, for the record, is exactly what Vinkah did to get away from pressure yesterday.

Can someone DEFEND this role slot right now? This very second? The way it's lurking to get away from pressure? Oversoul sure as hell won't do it. pie? ns? ffrey? Wicked? Tammy? Anyone................?

I predict Oversoul is today's lynch.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by notscience »

What do you think of implosion's analysis of the dynamic between me and pie?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

ffrey, I'm asking you to vote Oversoul. No more tying yourself to Tammy's apron strings. No more sitting in the not voting row. No more "don't think I won't hammer". You must stand on your own and place a vote. If we lynch Nacho today and he flips town, I will lose it, babe. I will totally lose it. I just don't know what else to say. I know this is tunnelling like crazy, but I just don't know what else to say.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2639, RedCoyote wrote:ffrey, I'm asking you to vote Oversoul. No more tying yourself to Tammy's apron strings. No more sitting in the not voting row. No more "don't think I won't hammer". You must stand on your own and place a vote. If we lynch Nacho today and he flips town, I will lose it, babe. I will totally lose it. I just don't know what else to say. I know this is tunnelling like crazy, but I just don't know what else to say.

I'm not putting him at L-1 yet. Day 3 is probably Tammy's last day in the game. There is a lot of stuff going on that I'd like to see her thoughts regarding.
'

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by implosion »

RC:
RC I really actually do need those reasons for wicked to be town though, the more that I think about it. I'm looking for scum in {OS, Nacho, Wicked, pie, ffery} and my gut is telling me that nacho's posturing right now is town, or at least that the way this day is playing out makes nacho + os both scum unlikely. So I have very few options for who is scum if I'm to have my thoughts remain consistent.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2625, notscience wrote:In case it wasn't clear, I'm more interested in lynching from the claims other than tammy's than I am from the VTs.

Actually, do you believe that implosion and I probably don't exist in this setup together?

If so, do you see why this probably wouldn't be the best plan of action?

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by notscience »

Yes.

No.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

yeah that makes sense.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by notscience »

._.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by notscience »

Ffery can you answer 2638 please
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2638, notscience wrote:What do you think of implosion's analysis of the dynamic between me and pie?

Inaccurate, and I suspect disingenuous.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Though it could be just unfamiliarity with pieguy's play style, maybe. Tunneling until and unless she's convinced she's wrong about someone is pretty typical of her townplay.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by notscience »

My thought process is a little more in depth and requires knowing how familiar pie and I are with each other but I can see that point as well.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”