havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by havingfitz »

vijay...why are you flying to Boston?

I've caught up on the game and have no reads of significance. Could be in part due to fatigue. Past my bedtime.

Not in RVS anymore though so....

UNVOTE:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

I study there now. Also I know you havingfitz. Also stupid flight delays
coming back after a 3 year break.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by SamX »

Sorry. I work full-time, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I don't have the most time to follow up every 2-3 hours. I usually post at night or (rarely) in the morning.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by SamX »

In post 42, SamX wrote:
In post 41, VeeGee wrote:The answer to your question: Not sure, really. I'm usually sorta active.

YOUR AVATAR IS COOL :)

One more post before I give a more-serious post.

I take this back. It's annoying as fuck.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by SamX »

In post 57, Haschel Cedricson wrote:A specific reason.

As for Trivium's question, I agree with Hopkirk that it is a pointless question and have no intention of answering it.

I'd like to know what the specific reason is.

For now I will UNVOTE: and leave it like that until I have a strong read, and here's 2 reasons why.
1. We're 6 pages in. I haven't played enough Mafia to be a veteran, but I've played 2 rounds in my entire life, and I think we're out of RVS...? (Please tell me if I'm wrong)

2. I find that 2 of these 6 pages are a conversation between Hopkirk and Haschel about some game they've played in or something, and the first 2 are RVS and commenting on people's existence and avatars. There are 2 pages of weak reads or reads that don't really give content and are being posted for the sake of keeping face by staying active in the discussions (no offense). I can't come up with a read with this but I will try to come up with quality reasons for whomever I choose to vote, and/or whomever I choose to not.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 120, texcat wrote:
In post 117, Accountant wrote:Vijay, why do you think texcat is a possible vote? I still don't like the vibes he's giving off, he seems to be deflecting more than anything after calling for "moar votes" twice.

Huh? That wasn't me calling for moar votes.

"He" refers to Vijay.

SamX is waffling, there's definitely enough content to slap at least a vote down somewhere. A vote is a townie's best weapon during the day and he's choosing not to use it.

I'd like to hear some solid content from Sam especially given his low activity earlier. What makes me even more suspicious is the fact that he waffled AFTER receiving pressure for being quiet.

Vijay, can I ask you to lay out a full case against VeeGee, preferably with quotes? You seem invested in attacking him. I think we can get a lot of stuff out of Vee, but its been short snippets so far. Would be great if you could lay everything out in the open and we'll see what we can get. This is especially useful because a lot of people have strong reads on you.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 125, havingfitz wrote:vijay...why are you flying to Boston?

I've caught up on the game and have no reads of significance. Could be in part due to fatigue. Past my bedtime.

UNVOTE:

Note: this stinks of active lurking.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Radja »

DAY 1, VOTECOUNT 4
Trivium (2)
-
Hopkirk, Trivium

SamX (2)
-
Haschel Cedricson, stoz

vijay2vasandani (2)
-
Klingoncelt, Accountant

texcat (1)
-
vijay2vasandani

stoz (1)
-
gob

Hopkirk (1)
-
Dessew

gob (1)
-
texcat

Not Voting (3)
-
VeeGee, havingfitz, SamX

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is on September 5th at 08:00 PM(GMT+1) or in (expired on 2015-09-05 08:00:00).

Mod Notes - None
Last edited by Radja on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Below are all my posts concerning VeeGee (in spoiler)
Spoiler: VeeGee
In post 70, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 28, VeeGee wrote:Hallos.
VOTE: stoz
For remembering that game

Also OMGUS.

In post 41, VeeGee wrote:The answer to your question: Not sure, really. I'm usually sorta active.

In post 65, VeeGee wrote:....but, they could also lie about not being active, so they CAN lurk unnoticed.

In post 69, VeeGee wrote:Oh jeez, now that we're out of RVS (as far as I'm aware), I should unvote stoz in case a huuuge wagon suddenly appears on him.

UNVOTE: Stoz

okay. you should probably also do something about this though. (lol maybe your third post was about yourself?)

In post 114, vijay2vasandani wrote:Oh also, be for I go, I should mention that gob says that VeeGee is scum in his reads post. I don't know if his vote is there though, which could be an issue.

Also after I asked for a serious vote, VeeGee picks texcat, retracts it and then leaves it at that. Stop doing the bare minimum scum and at least look like you're scumhunting.

I'm good with texcat and VeeGee votes.

In post 124, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 116, VeeGee wrote:Are you saying that I should either, A: Keep voting texcat, even though I had no reason to, or B: Vote someone random?

I'm not doing either.

No, I'm saying that a vote is the only thing townies have during the day to win. You're not using it, which is a waste of town's populationalready minimal resources. Get some reads and.put a vote down.

Also saying something feels off and then not voting/acting on it is a scummy. Town needs to actively scumhunt, not just sit around wasting time.

Stoz is the right about VeeGee

Now, the summary on my thoughts regarding VeeGee has to do with the fact that he posted a random vote, says he's usually active, then says that since we're out of RVS he should unvote. There's a huge problem with this. What is it, you ask? He isn't doing anything. The entire town needs to work together towards lynching scum. How is unvoting a random vote and then
NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH YOUR VOTE AFTERWARD
helping us. That's my main issue.

Making matters worse is the fact that after I point out that he's not scumhunting ("you should probably do something about this"), he votes the guy i'm voting (totally fine, think he might be scum), and then unvotes (also fine, since he can have his own opinion). But once again, the same issue pops up. What does he do after he unvotes? Nothing. Sure he talks and fluffs, but where the fuck is his vote. Like i said in 124 "a vote is the only thing townies have during the day to win. You're not using it, which is a waste of town's populationalready minimal resources. Get some reads and.put a vote down" (wow that autocorrected population wtf). What's even worse is that he seems to have a scumread (or at least hints that he finds scummy things) but does not vote to back it up.

Now hush up Accountant and vote him already.

SamX and Havingfitz are guilty of the same thing. Kinda scummy, at best bad-for-town. Trivium is still voting himself
Last edited by Radja on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:01 pm

well fuck, screwed up that spoiler. I don't know if this is allowed but fixing it would be appreciated Radja.

fixed that for you. Was this what you were trying to do? Use the "spoiler=" button for this. - Radja
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

Just did a reread(thanks Vijay) and post 116 really feels scummy as hell to me. That looks a lot like an intentional misunderstanding, and according to the latest vote count there's no votes on VeeGee.

VOTE: VeeGee
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 pm

VeeGee or Texcat, will vote either. Both are scum in my opinion. Might do some relational analysis if I feel like it and see what comes up.

VOTE: VeeGee

Oh and cheers radja, you're a legend
stoz
stoz
Goon
stoz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Post by stoz »

SamX, if you can't find any scum right now, is there anyone that stands out as likely to not be scum? You haven't done anything to convince me my vote is misplaced.

I'm pondering your case against VeeGee, vijay.

gob, I noticed you've still got your random vote on me. Is there somewhere it could be better placed?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by Dessew »

Sheesh, guys.

First of all, let's not get carried away, gob's list has three reads in total, Haschel, Hopkirk & Trivium.

Secondly, I see that many of you struggle with BBCode, so here are a few tags. It'd absolutely lovely if you could use them for the sake of readability:
[ post ] tag: This is how I refer to . (I originally wrote post=138.)
[ quote ] tag:
Des wrote:Don't forget about the quotemarks after the equality sign.

[ url ] tag: Lo, a comprehensive guide on how to scumhunt.
You can quote this post to see how to implement these tags.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by Dessew »

Apparently the post link in ( post) does not work, sorry.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 am

Post by Accountant »

Dessew, what are your thoughts? Are you still planting your vote on Hopkirk? Because I don't see him as very suspicious.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 am

Post by gob »

In post 137, stoz wrote:SamX, if you can't find any scum right now, is there anyone that stands out as likely to not be scum? You haven't done anything to convince me my vote is misplaced.

I'm pondering your case against VeeGee, vijay.

gob, I noticed you've still got your random vote on me. Is there somewhere it could be better placed?

No.

---

Anyway, i play on other forums, but even if you read my newbie game, my early game reads were actually perfect ROFL. Welcome SamX
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:45 am

Still not over the fact that we have an idiot voting themselves. Has he just not posted or something? Like what the hell.

Also gob, one game? Lol
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 am

Post by gob »

I play on other forums.

Anyway, me saying my reads were on point was just me stroking my ego lmfao.
I do consider myself to have excellent reads however.

UNVOTE:
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:05 am

Post by Accountant »

I read over newbie 1632, which I believe was the game gob was referring to. You will note that he quickhammered nachomamma the VT on day 1, and was subsequently lynched on D2.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 am

Post by gob »

In post 144, Accountant wrote:I read over newbie 1632, which I believe was the game gob was referring to. You will note that he quickhammered nachomamma the VT on day 1, and was subsequently lynched on D2.

shit game.

But if you checked my reads, like i stated, you would know that my reads were correct.

Also the quickhammer was a mistake, its why im cautious to vote. I still :facepalm: every time i read the game.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 95, Klingoncelt wrote:UNVOTE: UNVOTE:

Looks like the Scums are Gob, VeeGee, and Vijay2vasandani.

In post 96, Klingoncelt wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Vijay2vasandani

I like this since these were the 3 people i was/am scumreading at the moment.
Why did you pick vijay of those three?

In post 100, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 97, Accountant wrote:

Klingoncelt is rubbing me the wrong way at the moment, what with a lack of content followed up by a naked vote. Klingon, care to justify?

I don't make large posts.

Gob comes in out of nowhere and makes a weak reads list partially based on post counts. On page 4.

And as Hopkirk pointed out, the exchange between VeeGee and Vijay looks like 2 Scums with no Daychat.

To confirm: Last time i played with klingon she didn't make large posts as (innocent child) town.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I like Accountant. Tone sounds town, actually doing stuff, nothing really strikes me as off.

In post 97, Accountant wrote:Gob:
8. vijay2vasandani - Though inactive he is definitely giving me the "i really wish i werent here right now" vibe. To me it seems like he is just forcing himself to play yet another game of mafia.

I'm not getting this vibe at all. Vijay has been acting fairly aggressive so far, calling for votes on Haschel and then turning around and voting someone else. I think he's scummy, specifically because he seems eager to kickstart bandwagons, which became clear after the (IMO) silly texcat wagon.

Klingoncelt is rubbing me the wrong way at the moment, what with a lack of content followed up by a naked vote. Klingon, care to justify?

Right now I think the best option is to vote either SamX or Vijay. Given that SamX is an easy wagon at any time due to inactivity I would rather vote Vijay.

Townreads: Haschel, gob, stoz. Would be very interested in seeing Haschel's reads list.

Will do a roster run once I get access to a computer.

Could you explain the gob townread?

In post 130, Accountant wrote:
In post 120, texcat wrote:
In post 117, Accountant wrote:Vijay, why do you think texcat is a possible vote? I still don't like the vibes he's giving off, he seems to be deflecting more than anything after calling for "moar votes" twice.

Huh? That wasn't me calling for moar votes.

"He" refers to Vijay.

SamX is waffling, there's definitely enough content to slap at least a vote down somewhere. A vote is a townie's best weapon during the day and he's choosing not to use it.

I'd like to hear some solid content from Sam especially given his low activity earlier. What makes me even more suspicious is the fact that he waffled AFTER receiving pressure for being quiet.

Vijay, can I ask you to lay out a full case against VeeGee, preferably with quotes? You seem invested in attacking him. I think we can get a lot of stuff out of Vee, but its been short snippets so far. Would be great if you could lay everything out in the open and we'll see what we can get. This is especially useful because a lot of people have strong reads on you.

In post 131, Accountant wrote:
In post 125, havingfitz wrote:vijay...why are you flying to Boston?

UNVOTE:

Note: this stinks of active lurking.

You mention havingfitz and samx as lurking, how are these really different to trivium and dessew?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 129, SamX wrote:
In post 57, Haschel Cedricson wrote:A specific reason.

As for Trivium's question, I agree with Hopkirk that it is a pointless question and have no intention of answering it.

I'd like to know what the specific reason is.

For now I will UNVOTE: and leave it like that until I have a strong read, and here's 2 reasons why.
1. We're 6 pages in. I haven't played enough Mafia to be a veteran, but I've played 2 rounds in my entire life, and I think we're out of RVS...? (Please tell me if I'm wrong)

2. I find that 2 of these 6 pages are a conversation between Hopkirk and Haschel about some game they've played in or something, and the first 2 are RVS and commenting on people's existence and avatars. There are 2 pages of weak reads or reads that don't really give content and are being posted for the sake of keeping face by staying active in the discussions (no offense). I can't come up with a read with this but I will try to come up with quality reasons for whomever I choose to vote, and/or whomever I choose to not.

You say that there isn't really anything for you to comment on (which i disagree with) because nothing has happened. You are not trying to make anything happen contentwise. Could you explain this?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 78, VeeGee wrote:
In post 49, vijay2vasandani wrote:Nope. Might be scum though.

In post 46, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 44, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 37, Accountant wrote:He literally just said he does not know why Haschel. Dunno why you're being so cagey over a random vote.

He didn't literally say that, he said that he didn't recognize my avatar and that he felt sad.

Okayyyy. Moar votes on this guy please.

I don't like the tone of these posts, however.

In post 116, VeeGee wrote:Are you saying that I should either, A: Keep voting texcat, even though I had no reason to, or B: Vote someone random?

I'm not doing either.

Could you clarify your read on Vijay? It sounds like he's a scumread of yours, but you aren't voting him and you specified you weren't fosing him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”