Open 608: Jungle Republic - A jungle is conquered(game over)

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 217, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 204, mykonian wrote:
In post 197, Wanderer-nl wrote:@myk: You had a scumlean on me earlier which you never explained. Where do you stand on me now?

about as far as last time someone asked me this. Seen nothing new.

Not quite sure why you aren't voting savant though. You know she's confident scum, she's playing confidently, but scummy... case closed, easy lynch?

Do you plan to wait around for me to do something new?
And what's the rush on Savant?

not really a rush.

But this game is weird. Usually when scum try to blend in, they follow groups. So in a game with 5 out of how many we are you see more wagons than usual. Multiball games have more explosive voting. We have nothing of the like here. Half the game is waiting for something to happen, it feels. And idk, if something were to happen, I have a shortlist of people I'd want it to happen to.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 222, Firebringer wrote:Myk has been tunneling me, not savant. Get your facts straight.

Myk has called several players scum, and has interacted mostly with you. I wouldn't call it a full-blown tunnel he's in actually. He's also voting Savant now so pretty sure that if he was ever tunnelling you, he recently left it.

I like Shaddowez vote on myk and I think it needs more pressure to answer our questions decently.
VOTE: myk

@Deas: that's just 2 days and this thread isn't all that active so I'm good with that.

PEdit:
@myk: what exactly didn't you like about my early-game? Can you point to specific posts?
I don't accept your tunnel-answer. You need to engage with everyone and I don't believe you alreaady know who is scum and who is town.
Oh that tell. For me that's null. It makes sense for town to want the killing-faction eliminated before the non-killing faction so I'm not going to base a scumread on that tell alone.

PPEdit: I need to think about your last post a little more, myk.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 am

Post by mykonian »

hmm.

how's this for a tunnel answer then. I don't do it, and people who say I do are whining. A tunnel is a disregard of the rest of the game to pursue a single person for a prolonged time. I've been all over the place, and tbf, that's my modus operandi anyway. To the point that at this moment 3 people are repeatedly asking me why I suspect them, and one is lurking so other people ask it for him.

What you believe or not is not really my concern. Because as far as I can tell, you don't have reads and you don't believe in tells, so why bother? You are voting me for pressure even, on page 10. I'm voting someone I think is scum, and I have 2 more good ones lined up. So what have you been doing this game?
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:29 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Whoa. Dodging prod. Sorry guys. Will probably read up tomorrow and write something a couple of years later.
can we extend this game by one or two days considering we have a couple of replacements. Would It thanks.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:30 am

Post by hayatoBL »

appreciate* it
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 am

Post by hayatoBL »

And by game I mean Day.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 am

Post by ZZZX »

PimHel replaces gameplay

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-08-30 17:23:35)

Alive:
Idiot Savant: Myko , Klick , Firebringer (L-3)
Klick: (L-7)
DeasVail: (L-7)
Jazzmyn: (L-7)
shaddowez: (L-7)
hayatoBL: (L-7)
Not Mafia: (L-7)
Vedith: DeasVail , Jazzmyn , Not Mafia (L-4)
gameplay506: Vedith , shaddowez (L-5)
Wanderer-nl: hayatoBL (L-6)
mykonian: Idiot Savant , shadowez , wanderer-nl (L-4)
Firebringer: gameplay506 (L-6)

-Z

Deadline has been extended for 48 hours in order to deal with the number of replacements.

-Z
Last edited by ZZZX on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:33 am

Post by ZZZX »

Klick has been prodded.
again.
redacted
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:08 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 231, ZZZX wrote:
PimHel replaces gameplay

-Z

Here (A)
Will start reading, but my thoughts will probably have to wait till after dinner
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 227, mykonian wrote:hmm.

how's this for a tunnel answer then. I don't do it, and people who say I do are whining. A tunnel is a disregard of the rest of the game to pursue a single person for a prolonged time. I've been all over the place, and tbf, that's my modus operandi anyway. To the point that at this moment 3 people are repeatedly asking me why I suspect them, and one is lurking so other people ask it for him.

What you believe or not is not really my concern. Because as far as I can tell, you don't have reads and you don't believe in tells, so why bother? You are voting me for pressure even, on page 10. I'm voting someone I think is scum, and I have 2 more good ones lined up. So what have you been doing this game?

I kind of said you weren't exactly tunnelling (anymore) so the first part should be addressed to Firebringer I guess?
Second part is obviously for me..
I have reads, you just failed to ask me what they are. I never said I don't believe in tells, I just don't believe in what you are calling a tell in this particular game. I'm voting you for pressure because I'd rather have Savant lynched today than you, but when I made that post you were very reluctant to actually do something. That's changed this last page so I guess the votes on you are doing their job. Gonna leave it there for a few more hours since I'm not done with you yet.
Page 10. This game it's a few days from deadline, in other games it can be the first 48 hours of a phase. Page 10 doesn't mean anything to me in the context you are using it.
Engage with your scumreads please.
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Professor Bozo »

^ Wanderer is right about engaging your scum-reads. Protesting you only have one vote is terrible, please engage them. kktnx.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 am

Post by PimHel »

Vote Wanderer

Flip-flopping and hypocricy

Other good votes are Firebringer and Shaddow.
The first gives me a fake-vibe. The latter looks for things he can use against players.

I'll give details about these thoughts, but first:
@IS and NM, what do you guys think about these players?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 234, Wanderer-nl wrote:I have reads, you just failed to ask me what they are.

:lol:
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:39 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 234, Wanderer-nl wrote:I made that post you were very reluctant to actually do something.

I have the third most posts in this game and I ain't talking about the weather.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@myk: you declare players scum, you had not explained one read before you got votes on you. You also said a lot of times this game is boring. That's also not doing much imo. Your votecount may be high but your actually playing this game is lacking. Engage with your scumreads, tell us why you think they're scum so we can share your view and actually GET TO A FREAKING LYNCH LIKE YOU WANT!

@Pelhim: Flipflopping? For real? Here's another one.

VOTE: Savant
ika went AWOL and this is not Bella's towngame.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 236, PimHel wrote:
Vote Wanderer

The first gives me a fake-vibe. The latter looks for things he can use against players.

I am sorry, but who are you exactly replacing?

I didn't get announcement and page 1 doesn't say you are in game. I don't know what to say to you.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 240, Firebringer wrote:
Vote Wanderer

I didn't get announcement and page 1 doesn't say you are in game. I don't know what to say to you.

See post 231 above:
In post 231, ZZZX wrote:
PimHel replaces gameplay

In other news, I am going to do a re-read and perhaps some meta-diving over the next couple of days (although I will be away from computers entirely on Thursday but back on Friday evening) in hopes of getting further/better reads on players because I don't seem to be clicking in this game so far.

Regards,
Jazz
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Vedith »

Welcome PimHel.

I currently view your last body as scum. I also think than there was a distancing attempt between your last body and Shadow.
What's your view on this? I noticed that straight away you think Shadow would be a good lynch for "The latter looks for things he can use against players"?
Can you elaborate on this?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 231, ZZZX wrote:Idiot Savant: Myko , Klick , Firebringer (L-3)

Unless there is a double-voter situation going on here, this vote count appears to be incorrect.

@mod:
Can you please check the quoted current vote count post above and advise whether or not it is correct?

Regards,
Jazz
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 224, mykonian wrote:Because my tunnel is wide and accepting but cannot fit 3 people at once. I also find myself inconvienienced by the lack of triple voting abilities.

Well, you don't need to, since NM replaced Mario. I find that scum care less about paying attention to who's in the game, so this just further concretes my vote.

In post 236, PimHel wrote:Other good votes are Firebringer and Shaddow.

I'm not sure how this is a bad thing? I'm looking for slipups and inconsistencies that people make, which are usually scum-based.
V/LA on Weekends
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 243, Jazzmyn wrote:
In post 231, ZZZX wrote:Idiot Savant: Myko , Klick , Firebringer (L-3)

Unless there is a double-voter situation going on here, this vote count appears to be incorrect.

@mod:
Can you please check the quoted current vote count post above and advise whether or not it is correct?

Regards,
Jazz

There can't be a double voter in this setup, its a host error.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Post by ZZZX »

looking for a replacement for klick

Will check the vote count after I find a replacement.
redacted
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 244, shaddowez wrote:
In post 224, mykonian wrote:Because my tunnel is wide and accepting but cannot fit 3 people at once. I also find myself inconvienienced by the lack of triple voting abilities.

Well, you don't need to, since NM replaced Mario. I find that scum care less about paying attention to who's in the game, so this just further concretes my vote.

Are you saying you're convinced myk is scum because he was aware of NM replacing Mario?

In post 236, PimHel wrote:Other good votes are Firebringer and Shaddow.

I'm not sure how this is a bad thing? I'm looking for slipups and inconsistencies that people make, which are usually scum-based.

Mistakes aren't just made by scum, you should be looking at motivations of players.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:36 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 240, Firebringer wrote:
Vote Wanderer

The answer was 3 and 5 posts above the post you quoted. And now that you know, thanks to Jazz, talk to me (A). I say your post scream wanting to survive, instead of wanting to find scum. You say?

Wanderer wrote:@Pelhim: Flipflopping? For real? Here's another one.

Yes, thanks for conforming and thanks for not denying the hipocracy. If you disagree with my statement about the flipflopping, you may say why.

@Shaddow
True, players should look at things that stand out. However, this behaviour is normally consistent. For example, you suspected Gameplay for interesting reasons. Then drop them to vote a player who hasn't posted much. This is interesting as basically, you and Vedith posted almost the same things when you voted him. And secondly, you argue that Myko hasn't engaged with his scumreads. And you aren't doing that either. I can add to that asking questions to players, but not discussing the answers afterwards. Basically, you appear active. But not in a good way.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 242, Vedith wrote:Welcome PimHel.

I currently view your last body as scum. I also think than there was a distancing attempt between your last body and Shadow.
What's your view on this? I noticed that straight away you think Shadow would be a good lynch for "The latter looks for things he can use against players"?
Can you elaborate on this?

And this is why I like you. You look into thought processes of players.
But to answer your questions:
What you noticed as a link between gameplay and Shaddow is what I meant with my statement. He's not hunting, he's looking at little stuff usable to make a player look back. In the case of his vote against you, he doesn't mention gameplay. And later on other players who do the same. He ignores things he sees as scummy (which is what I mean with 'not hunting, but looking'). There are other things as well as I pointed out before, and possibly more that I haven't mentioned yet.
As for me and Shaddow. I know that there's no connection between us. So I have to point out that there was no distance attempt between them. I can't prove this yet, but you'll see eventually that there isn't one.

Return to “Completed Open Games”