Micro 521: Desperation (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by TierShift »

Policy lynches suck. I've also indicated that his behaviour makes him completely undesirable to play with, but that's no reason to lymch him.

If you don't actually think he's scum, get your vote off him and use it on someone you actually DO think is scum. Stop being lazy.

As for my opinion, I don't think he's scum, no.
Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

might as well say that we should shoot/lynch kt for being new
im mafia irl, ama
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by TierShift »

We're not lynching you flow stop being a lazy crybaby and play the actual game instead of condoning your own lynch.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Edosurist »

@TS
Do you think that Flow Alpha is town?
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by TierShift »

Temp, why are you not voting?

Lex and varian, stop flying under the radar and comment on the game tyvm
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 178, Edosurist wrote:@TS
Do you think that Flow Alpha is town?

Yep
Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

In post 177, TierShift wrote:We're not lynching you flow stop being a lazy crybaby and play the actual game instead of condoning your own lynch.

you don't want to lynch me because you know that you'll be outed as scum once I flip town tho

I've been playing the correct game the entire way at a level far beyond any of you
im mafia irl, ama
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Edosurist »

@Flow
How does your flip incriminate TS?
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by TierShift »

Flow, this is the last time I'll reach out to you. If you don't respond to me, but instead go and call me 'backtracking scum' or something, I'm going to ignore you for the rest of the game.

Understand that I have absolutely nothing to fear, should you flip town. No one is going to take a look at your reads and no one even suspects me right now. Your lymch does not incriminate me in any way beyond your reads just 'saying' I'm scum. No one would lynch me immediately after if you flip town.

Knowing that, now ask yourself why I am trying to halt your lynch.
Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

In post 182, Edosurist wrote:@Flow
How does your flip incriminate TS?

Because then you'll know my reads list was in good faith and not a scum's read list, and then attention will be called to TS, who will slip and die. It's the natural cycle of mafia; nothing against him as a person.

TS: The reason you are trying to halt my lynch is either because you fear my reads list being publicized or you think that it would look good for you to be the guy who advocated not to lynch a townie.
im mafia irl, ama
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I'm so done with this. Good night.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

I honestly think dayvig should shoot TS, because he's my top scumread.
im mafia irl, ama
Varian-
Varian-
Goon
Varian-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Varian- »

Multi quote over multiple pages not working, so @whoever asked me why Mario, I thought he made a decent case for this stage in the game and at the time I wasn't really feeling the other wagons.

In post 179, TierShift wrote:Temp, why are you not voting?

Lex and varian, stop flying under the radar and comment on the game tyvm

The game has been open less than 24 hours and has accrued way more pages in that time than I was anticipating for a micro. The only access I've had so far has been the occasional phone post while at work. So... sorry I don't get to sit at a computer and f5 all day?

If you have any specific questions or comments feel free to ask them and I'll get to them when I can. In the meantime, I'm doing my best to keep up but there's a lot of fluff and sometimes I have to actually work while I'm at work.

In post 181, Flow Alpha wrote:
In post 177, TierShift wrote:We're not lynching you flow stop being a lazy crybaby and play the actual game instead of condoning your own lynch.

you don't want to lynch me because you know that you'll be outed as scum once I flip town tho

I've been playing the correct game the entire way at a level far beyond any of you

When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don’t want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!
Varian-
Varian-
Goon
Varian-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by Varian- »

And IDK, I think I might be in the "ignore flow forever" camp now. I've never seen multiple fake claims end well when playing elsewhere, I hope it's not considered good play here?
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don’t want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 158, Edosurist wrote:
@Mod:
Is this game bastard, and is it possible for there to be a 2-shot daycop (dafuq) in here?

It was my understanding that this was an open setup.

I will never lie to my players unless stated in signups, the setup is the one as seen in post . WoTC will also be allowed if a majority of players agree.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by TierShift »

Who's scum, varian, and why aren't you trying to get him/her lynched?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I think the best way to utilise the Desperado is to use it as aa second lynch.
Despvote: Temp
Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

Might as well

Despvote: TierShift
im mafia irl, ama
Varian-
Varian-
Goon
Varian-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Post by Varian- »

In post 190, TierShift wrote:Who's scum, varian, and why aren't you trying to get him/her lynched?

Is there a reason that, out of everything you possibly could have asked me, you asked something that should already be very clear by a) reading my ISO and b) noting the lack of recent activity by my scum suspects? Should I force myself to come up with questions to ask scum suspects who aren't here rather than letting questions occur to me naturally (such as now)? Would you rather I make a post every hour, "hey, just as a reminder, I still think temp and KT are scummy and you should all vote one of them"? Because I'm not going to flood the thread any more than it's already being flooded.

This looks like you're pressuring me for the sake of looking like you're putting pressure on someone (and because I said I'd answer questions if you had any) and not an actual genuine, organic question. My reads have been pretty clear with the exception of some of my town/null reads, which I prefer to keep close to my chest if they're not being pressured/wagoned.

I kind of think desperado voting is dumb, but eh,
despvote: KT
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Post by TierShift »

I asked why you weren't rallying votes for your biggest scumspect (which I expected kt to be), which you haven't answered. You also haven't explained why you think temp is scummy.
Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:06 am

Post by Flow Alpha »

In post 193, Varian- wrote:
In post 190, TierShift wrote:Who's scum, varian, and why aren't you trying to get him/her lynched?

Is there a reason that, out of everything you possibly could have asked me, you asked something that should already be very clear by a) reading my ISO and b) noting the lack of recent activity by my scum suspects? Should I force myself to come up with questions to ask scum suspects who aren't here rather than letting questions occur to me naturally (such as now)? Would you rather I make a post every hour, "hey, just as a reminder, I still think temp and KT are scummy and you should all vote one of them"? Because I'm not going to flood the thread any more than it's already being flooded.

This looks like you're pressuring me for the sake of looking like you're putting pressure on someone (and because I said I'd answer questions if you had any) and not an actual genuine, organic question. My reads have been pretty clear with the exception of some of my town/null reads, which I prefer to keep close to my chest if they're not being pressured/wagoned.

I kind of think desperado voting is dumb, but eh,
despvote: KT

So you're saying that you don't want to reveal all your reads to town

in other words you're hiding something

what does town gain by you having your town/nulls close to your chest?
im mafia irl, ama
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Edos wrote: Kmd In all serious, what's your take on Alpha here.

Undecided. I had him as town before and I can't see him being scum with KT and can't really see a scum benefit to what he just did (is it really worth it to try outting the desperado and end up getting lynched day 1?) So the real question becomes is he town desperado or town non desperado and I have no interest in determining that. So I guess he's still town, unfortunately.

Alpha wrote: KT is scum for sure, but temp is even stronger scum due to a refusal to claim. If temp claims good I'll vote KT.

Temp didn't post between your claim and this post. There was no reason for him to claim when he'd last posted before your claim. (Further reading shows this has been brought up already. So I guess I'm just an echo here. Oh well)

Alpha, what the hell are you doing with the cop fakeclaim?

Edos wrote: So I'm sure scum's already aware of this, but Flow's gambit here has narrowed down the desperado to TS, temp, and Lex

Not necessarily. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would think to wait and see where the claim goes and eventually shoot him if he didn't retract.

Edos wrote: My suggestion is that they don't claim. They take a shot at Flow, who will flip scum, giving the other scum an opportunity to make a venge-kill. 

And if Alpha is town?

Tier, can you explain why you are townreading Alpha? I want to know if it's similar to my reasoning or something different.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 196, Kmd4390 wrote:Tier, can you explain why you are townreading Alpha? I want to know if it's similar to my reasoning or something different.

I have seen town pull shit like this more often than I've seen scum doing so. As scum, uncertain and unable players usually don't attract as much attention as possible, while town might do that.

I still see no reason for why he's doing this other than possible dayvig who wants to shoot today and elicit as many reactions as possible, while that would still be dumb.

Your reads on edos and temp, please.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm townreading Edos. The only thing that threw me off was the initial resistence to my hypoclaiming idea, which apparently was a dumb idea anyway. But since then, I see a more genuine attempt to scumhunt than most, if not all, of the other players.

Temp I've been reading as town although admittedly that's more because of my KT scum read and the fact that he's being wagoned and I have no idea why. Pulling up his ISO, I asked him about an early town read on Alpha and liked his response. Everything after that is kind of underwhelming though. I still think KT is much more likely to flip scum than Temp is.

Temp, can you post a reads list? You've gone back and forth on KT, 180'd on Alpha, and shown no reason why you think Mario is scum and I don't see any other posted reads from you. Please post reasoning for all reads.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:39 am

Post by TierShift »

That response you're talking about is really easy and more theory-based than anything.

I do not understand the townread.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”