-
Dessew

Accountant (1)
-
Haschel Cedricson

Not Voting (1)
-
Klingoncelt

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is on September 5th at 08:00 PM(GMT+1) or in (expired on 2015-09-05 08:00:00).

Mod Notes:
SamX is on V/LA until Monday, August 31.
Last edited by Radja on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by Accountant »

Anyone up for putting VeeGee at L-1? I'm guessing if he comes back to find himself a hairsbreadth from being lynched he'll be more cooperative with us.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:37 am

Post by gob »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Is this standard terminology on those other forums you mentioned? gob, can you confirm/deny?

Yes it is. The ToS forums are a bit weird.

---

Anyway, i also feel like Accountant is fishing a bit for my role (see the comments about me being PR and such), despite that and the fencesitting i still view her a town, but that view is slowly getting changed.

I would also like Constaines reads as he seems to be shitposting now.
stoz
stoz
Goon
stoz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 am

Post by stoz »

In post 288, Dessew wrote:
In post 267, stoz wrote:Don't we all wish we could get a free pass to Day 3 with tons of information from flips and night actions to go on. I find day 1 the hardest but not doing enough got me lynched day 1 in my last game (I was VT).

Oh, Christ, this is an ongoing game. Please don't do this. I'll look at your finished newbie game, instead (the one you in which you were endgamed...)

In post 289, Dessew wrote:So, apparently, I've spent less than ten minutes with your iso from that newbie game. I'll do it properly later, I guess, I just really don't feel like it right now. I must add something: don't mention ongoing games, ever. If you really have to (it will never be that case, though), say only factual things, eg. this or that person posted on tuesday or w/e. I suppose stating the reason why you think you got lynched is a little too subjective, it might actually be a border-line case, though, so please read zor's post about the official stance on the issue, & judge it for yourself.

Newbie 1625 might not have been moved to the completed games forum but it is most certainly over. The final flip is on page 52 and was posted 10 days ago. Someone let me know if that makes it ok for me to bring it up or if I have to wait for it to be closed and moved.

In post 273, Dessew wrote:
Again though, in post 138 you tell people not to think gob is scum
I definitely didn't. Quote the part, where I did.
In post 138, Dessew wrote:Sheesh, guys.

First of all, let's not get carried away, gob's list has three reads in total, Haschel, Hopkirk & Trivium.

People are voting gob because of his read list. You tell people not to get carried away.

Dessew wrote:
and in 161 you try to redirect VeeGees vote away from gob.
He hadn't said why he voted gob at the time, but he seemed to have a scumreadish something on vijay, so I asked. Like a couple of other players did.
Yes if you read gob as town then I understand you don't want him lynched, but (and especially when I made the post above) the majority of your contributions seemed to be centered around showing gob in a good light, which looks really scummy.
So this part is baseless, I suppose.
I will look at your meta, though, scream at me, if I don't mention it the next time I post.

Of course what you said is explainable, you're not going to say "gob is my scum partner please don't lynch him". I pointed out a pattern which uncovered scummy behaviour on your part.

I would be interested in comments on my meta though, which hopefully you can deliver on if my
in
complete game has been cleared up.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 299, Radja wrote:
Lame joke bump

Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field.
Hahaha, do you know the one, where this guy tells a waiter: "Two martinis, please!", so the waiter asks: "Dry?", & the answer is "Nein, zwei."
In post 301, Accountant wrote:Anyone up for putting VeeGee at L-1? I'm guessing if he comes back to find himself a hairsbreadth from being lynched he'll be more cooperative with us.
I personally highly doubt it. Anyway, a few things here, first of all, Haschel is right if I understand it correctly (I've only skimmed that part), just don't rolefish. We don't do that here. Okay? Thanks. Secondly, I almost forgot, but you haven't told us why those things gob did & you listed as scummy were actually scummy, have you? So if you could do that, that'd be lovely.

Without quotes because you know what I'm referring to, anyway.

@Haschel:
You can argue all you want, but even if you say that up is down or left is right, it won't change the facts. I should try to cope with the situation that one of the almost certainly town votes belongs to the equivalent of a madman. I have a strong townread on you (because any scum would try to be at least a little likeable, I believe), & your opinion cannot be changed by reason, which, sadly, I constantly try to heavily rely on. Thus, from now on, I'm not arguin with you, & I'm not readin your posts. If there's anything I must know, have other people repost it.

@stoz:
Completed games are moved to the completed games map only long after the game has been completed, so you can have an extensive post-game discussion. (& it alsom makes the list mod's job easier.) Point is, in that newbie all the players have flipped, the mode has announced a victor, so it is completed & can be discussed.
At the time of , only one player, Texcat was voting gob. Also, the case on him was that the reads on his list were weak. & I said that part of them weren't even reads. I cannot see how this could be interpreted as a defence.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:55 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 285, Accountant wrote:
This comes across as "I am willing to bus you, but I don't want to."

According to post #253, I'm the first to vote VeeGee, and I haven't taken my vote off since even though other lynch candidates(such as Dessew or gob, or even stoz) have been pointed out. Do you think a mafia would bus their buddy that far on Day 1.

Ew. this is bad.

In post 292, Klingoncelt wrote:Happy Scumday, Vijay!

I'm not feeling well tonight. I'll be back tomorrow. See you all then.

Cheers buddy.

Anyway still good on the VeeGee lynch. Sorry my posting has been spotty, got bogged down right after getting to college. Things should free up in a bit, but till then, it's about a post a day for me.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

@Mod:
I am voting Accountant.

missed that, fixed it!
Last edited by Radja on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 295, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Towns of Salem? Lol.

How about posting some content ffs?

WTF did you replace in!?

More gob votes please.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 274, gob wrote:
In post 271, Hopkirk wrote:Sorry about the formatting, a bit busy. Doesn't affect the content though.

Gob
“BTW HopKrirk, im not ignoring your criticisms in the slightest, they are just being asked by others as well, so when i answer them i dont feel the need to repeat myself.”
If I don’t think my questions have been answered then I’m not unvoting.

(Gob) 242: This is just weird. He goes through several of klingon’s posts, and says literally nothing positive. He ends with
“In the end i believe Klingoncelt is Town. He has done enough to put himself in the lime-light but he is really doing nothing.”.
This does not sound like a reason for a townread.
Then look at 256.
“texcat: scum read, if we look at posts like #198 it shows her trying to twist my words. She has never crossed paths with anyone besides me or accountant really (outside of RVS)”
Why did he make a case for a townread instead of a scumread that he claimed to have? Why not even mention the scumread until asked?
“but if you were town you would have straight up stated in the clear that "gob is mafia" not be wishy washy about it.”
“Because mafia love to fence sit. This is Mafia 101 come on dude.”
This is a misrep.

well yes that is some terrible formatting.

I am guessing you are seeing something i dont see for kling since his town has been so blatant in his dickish-ness.
You cannot deny that fact.
Add that onto the other things i said and its kinda clear he is VT not giving a shit.

Firstly still have qs.
Secondly, most of your post is implying I think Klingon is scum. I’ve said I think she’s town, instead of referencing what I actually said- about your read looking inconsistent with your reasoning, you try and misrepresent me.
Wanted to quote this from accountant as seeing it again, it doesn’t make sense.
“Gob is vanilla townie : 0%
Gob is power role : 5% given his known meta for acting somewhat unbalanced as a PR
Gob is a clueless town member: 40%
Gob is scum: 60%”
If there’s a 40% chance Gob is “clueless town” then why doesn’t VT+PR add up to 40? The only alternative i can see that explains the 5 doesn't match with 60-40

Want to see a few posts from hermit before anyone makes a hammer today. I was a bit suspicious of his predecessor.
I also want to reread Vijay, and have a look at Stoz/Dessew. A bit busy at the moment.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 295, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Towns of Salem? Lol.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
stoz
stoz
Goon
stoz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:51 am

Post by stoz »

In post 304, Dessew wrote:
@stoz:
Completed games are moved to the completed games map only long after the game has been completed, so you can have an extensive post-game discussion. (& it alsom makes the list mod's job easier.) Point is, in that newbie all the players have flipped, the mode has announced a victor, so it is completed & can be discussed.
At the time of , only one player, Texcat was voting gob. Also, the case on him was that the reads on his list were weak. & I said that part of them weren't even reads. I cannot see how this could be interpreted as a defence.

Ok great, I don't have any ongoing games besides this one we are in right now. Just clearing that up in terms of reading through my meta.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by texcat »

Just to be clear, my case was that his reads were mostly based on number of posts. (Which I guess would mean weak). But that combined with Gob making a lot of posts that were mostly without content. It's like he wants to be considered town because he posts a lot, without considering the quality of the posts.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

To clarify my read on gob:

I think there is a roughly 40% chance that he is town-sided.
Out of that 40% chance, I estimate a 5% chance of him being some sort of powerful role, such as cop or vigilante.
I think there is a roughly 60% chance that he is scum-sided.

@Dessew: I don't understand your question. Being incomprehensible and not pushing a town agenda helps scum enormously, right?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Radja »

VeeGee has been prodded. First prod for him.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 am

Post by texcat »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: St Constantine

He hasn't even bothered to remove his mistake of a self-vote, and has made zero contribution.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 310, stoz wrote:
@stoz:

Ok great, I don't have any ongoing games besides this one we are in right now. Just clearing that up in terms of reading through my meta.
Instead of that long game, I skimmed your iso from the one where you were lynched on D1. You seemed to be more daring in that game, so to say. OTOH, you did to stuff similar to what I'm scumreading you for. I'll dive a more into it, because reading your game is actually fun, but I'm gonna go with you being town for now.
UNVOTE: stoz
On a personal note:
stoz in a previous game of his wrote:I like to seek clarification from people. Even when what someone says seems obvious, sometimes they actually mean something different, especially as they are sometimes making assumptions about how people play Mafia and some of those people have not been playing very long at all.
Don't ever dare to leave this site.
In post 311, texcat wrote:

Just to be clear, my case was that his reads were mostly based on number of posts. (Which I guess would mean weak). But that combined with Gob making a lot of posts that were mostly without content. It's like he wants to be considered town because he posts a lot, without considering the quality of the posts.
Sorry, I didn't want to go into every detail. But while we are at it, could you, please, confirm or deny wether my statement "gob had altogether three reads on his list" could possibly defend him from your case or not?
In post 312, Accountant wrote:@Dessew: I don't understand your question. Being incomprehensible and not pushing a town agenda helps scum enormously, right?
Yes, it does. But it doesn't necessarily point towards scum. Town does all kinds of stupid things, I, for one, have definitely got some completed games where I was more destructive than anyone is in this particular game (this game is very civillized, though), & I was town. Or here's a recent experience of mine (& KC's, Constantin's & Radja's), in this game a VT fakeclaimed Mason on D2 for no good reason, lured out the Masons we had, then got lynched. & things like that just happen from time to time (don't do this, though.) So, unfortunately, you do need there an extra step.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:00 am

Post by texcat »

In post 315, Dessew wrote:Sorry, I didn't want to go into every detail. But while we are at it, could you, please, confirm or deny wether my statement "gob had altogether three reads on his list" could possibly defend him from your case or not?

No, it wouldn't. I think Gob has just gotten scummier as the day has gone on.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In general, I'm going to make the assumption that anyone who does things that help scum is most likely scum. Otherwise any scum can do what he likes and claim VI
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

UNVOTE:
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:02 pm

why the fuck is this day still going? O.o what is happening. i told you that self-voting slot was a derp. this is making me really annoyed.

Might read gob now, but eh, my heart is set on VeeGee.
stoz
stoz
Goon
stoz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by stoz »

In post 315, Dessew wrote:On a personal note:
stoz in a previous game of his wrote:I like to seek clarification from people. Even when what someone says seems obvious, sometimes they actually mean something different, especially as they are sometimes making assumptions about how people play Mafia and some of those people have not been playing very long at all.
Don't ever dare to leave this site.

I don't get what you mean at all here, is it a compliment (because I am good for this site?) or a threat?

In post 318, Klingoncelt wrote:UNVOTE:

As far as I am aware you weren't actually voting anyone, so why are you unvoting?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

VOTE: Gob
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 320, stoz wrote:
In post 318, Klingoncelt wrote:UNVOTE:

As far as I am aware you weren't actually voting anyone, so why are you unvoting?

I thought I voted for someone, but apparently not. (I was sick the last couple of days, I wasn't thinking super clearly.)
-
MiniDeathStar
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

Calling attention to Klingon's naked vote. I think the case against gob is clear enough(even if I don't think it's as strong as the case against VeeGee, who hasn't even spoken) that the vote doesn't require too much explanation, but this is something to keep in mind if he makes more naked votes in the future.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 pm

okay, still haven't had the time to look at gob, but just going to note that both wagons (VeeGee and gob) are at L-2. The people currently not voting for these people are the self-voter, Dessew, and Haschel. Not sure what that means, but I'm leaving this here as a point of inquiry in the future.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”