Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why? Given that I need Brawls against most decks, and given that I can't draw a copy of it when I need one with two in my deck, why would I cut one?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

You don't "need" it against most decks, running 0 brawls was even a thing a thing before patron became a thing (and this was at mech mage's height!) except if the warrior was aiming for zoo. 2xBrawl only became a tournament ladder tech against specifically patron in the last 3 months or so.

Anywho, unless you're only playing against zoo and patron you only need one. I suppose its more annoying now since you would use to keep it against patron but dragon warrior might be even more popular right now so you probably don't zzzz.

Warrior control this late game heavy needs an emperor btw, true heart is good and all, unless you can get that third armor up in it's not really living up to its cost and emperor's effect is more immediate.

But yeah...I've been testing some warrior stuff recently and I think dragon warrior might just be better right now because they have 3 and 4 drops on curve. (Of note is that in aforementioned no brawl decks from half an year or so ago they sometimes ran double frothy double berserker as minions)...I would maybe drop a brawl for a harri or even a chow depending on climate, switch justicar for emperor, and I prefer ysera over alex when only running one big dragon, but this type of warrior is always going to struggle against midrangey minion based decks. (Zoo, paladin, druid, shaman).

I would actually go back to dragon warrior (I don't like alex champion so just run the good dragons + blackwing cards) since you have more minion control and straight face and straight control decks are rare right now as far as I can tell, which is what your deck mainly smashes.
FLASH OF GREEN
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It's possible; Chillmaw is possibly just a better answer than Brawl anyway.

I would think Alex's champion would be really good in a dragon warrior deck for controlling the board early; 3-3 Charge seems really good. Going Alex's Champion-Blackwing Tech-Twilight Guardian-Blackwing Corrupter seems like a dream.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Maybe. It's definitely testable.
I think I'd rather just have axe though.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

but yeah, regardless, having solid stuff to play just seems better than the control warrior's plan of spell + weapon removal into big stuff.
FLASH OF GREEN
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Klazam »

so i really like priest, is there anything viable for that?

Edit: Specifically priest's big toughness dudes, heals, and shadowform is what i enjoy. and the 1/3 that draws me tons o' cards
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So I DLed this game on my phone and went through the tutorial and now it keeps asking me to create an account but it's not working? It even sent me to create an account at the website and still won't let me create an account. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Murlok Knight is disgusting
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2262, Ellibereth wrote:do you have naxx

only up to 2
In post 2263, Ellibereth wrote:if you don't have two doom guards the arcane golem face zoo is probably better zzz

I've 2, but having 2 of those in your hand just feels really clunky.
In post 2264, Ellibereth wrote:basically all of your one of's are hella weird where you have 1 of a good card and 1 of a shitty one.

Which do you suggest I cut?
In post 2265, chamber wrote:why leper gnomes in that list?

Good point can't really think of a reason why. Think I'll replace with another Abusive and another Squire?
In post 2268, chamber wrote:Abusive Sargent seems way better at the very least.

In post 2269, Ellibereth wrote:well yeah he should run that instead of squire

I find Squire rlly helps against faster decks like Face Hunter who usually run a lot of 2/1s it trades 1 for 2 in these cases. But yeah I added abusives

I've made two more decks, one improving my previous one based on your suggestions, and the other some face warlock deck. Would love input on both.

Aggro: https://veuwer.com/i/345g.png (Wrathguard?)
Face: https://veuwer.com/i/345h.png (What do i cut lepers for?)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Oh hey it let me create an account now.

So what do I do now? How do I do things? I'm doing the solo stuff now.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:34 am

Post by chamber »

Like how am I supposed to play this hand?
Taking a break from the site.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Venmar »

The option that spawns the least Troggs is dropping the Deckhand, running it into the Earthinator, and then eviscerating it.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:40 am

Post by chamber »

The question was rhetorical. It was a statement about how bad the hands in the deck can be.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Venmar »

That's not really a bad hand imo but ok?

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am

Post by chamber »

It does nothing proactive in a matchup where I'm most certainly the aggro.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2271, Sudo_Nym wrote:So here's an updated decklist:

The biggest problem I'm having is getting board control early; in theory, I should be able to remove my opponent's threats, but in reality, I often just get flooded. It seems to be impossible to get Execute, War Axe, or Brawl before turn 10 for some weird reason.

This is a pretty standard list imo. You're bound to have bad matchups, certain aggro decks like Pally are said bad matchups, but you already have the good removals so its a matter of playing them right really. I personally don't think Chillmaw is THAT good in this kind of a Control deck since you only have like 1 other dragon, making Chillmaw a trash 7 drop 90% of the time. It ain't going to be consistent. If you go for it then you're probably making a new deck anyways, a Dragon Warrior deck, which i'm sure has potential and proven capability, but -shrug-. I used to run 2 brawls and haven't ever really been punished for doing so, people don't really expect it and its a good card for aggro matchups, which are still pretty common. I would drop an Acolyte of Pain (In a control deck, I have found 2 acolytes to be an overkill) for an Emperor Thaurissan, and a Bash (I don't actually think this card is going enoughf or a slot here, its role is filled by execute/shield slam shield block/etc) for either a Loatheb (If you're facing a lot of Rogues or Mages mainly) or a Harrison Jones (Very good against Rogue, Warrior, Hunter, and even Pally matchups).

If you want to drop a Brawl, replace it with a Baron Geddon if you have him. Baron is easily one of my favourite cards in Control Warrior tbh, and he'll fill a control, board clear sort of a role like that second brawl. I also have no real experience with the Justicar, I imagine it's actually a good card so I would definitely recommend to keep running it and seeing how it goes. Ellibereth also suggested replacing Alexstrasa with Ysera which I personally disagree with as a personal preference. Ysera is a slower card imo that doesn't fit the massive impact caused on play by the other fatties in the deck, and I think Ysera is much better in more midrange(y) decks like Paladin or Priest. Its up to you in the end, but I think Alex adds more kill pressure and an extra way to win. While Ysera can do this if it gives you 2-3 dream cards, it just feels slower for a control deck so -shrug-

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2289, chamber wrote:It does nothing proactive in a matchup where I'm most certainly the aggro.

A Blade Flurry makes it good if you were against an aggro pally.

Rogue (especially Oil Rogue) is a class that has these kinds of hands and draws, a deck with more emphasis on combos and huge, single power swing turns rather than stable board building and tempo plays. It's a different playstyle from most other classes that takes getting used to.

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:01 am

Post by chamber »

In post 2291, Venmar wrote:A Blade Flurry makes it good if you were against an aggro pally.

It's a great hand against an aggro deck. I was playing vs control warrior so the hand did literally nothing.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am

Post by DeathNote »

Prep eviserate the face, prep eviserate the face, poison then backstab so that your opponent can't play any more creatures on his turn.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:52 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

My god Warlock class is pure awful. Trying to get all the classes to level 10 right now.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2294, animorpherv1 wrote:My god Warlock class is pure awful. Trying to get all the classes to level 10 right now.

What deck are you using? Warlock as a class is fairly strong I would say. Its hero power is the best in the game. And versatile too, there's like 4 different archetypes. (Handlock, Dmonlock, Zoo Dreadsteed).
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

To be fair, Warlock is probably the hardest class for new players. The basic cards aren't very good, and the hero power takes some getting used to.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

Don't get all classes to level 10 on matchmaking or against bots. Challenge a friend and let them concede to you repeatedly until you get to level 10.

There's a hidden 100 gold quest for beating each bot and hard bot once each, though, I think. That's good. But definitely don't just take some of your starter cards to Play mode and play against an opponent whose MMR is based on the classes you have cards for, and keep going until you get to level 10, that sounds like the most painful thing I can imagine.
Last edited by popsofctown on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:23 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 2297, popsofctown wrote:Don't get all classes to level 10 on ladder or against bots. Challenge a friend and let them concede to you repeatedly until you get to level 10.

Isn't that against Terms of Service?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

No. The resource you're acquiring isn't tradeable, and you're not gaining access to cards that are for sale for $$ in the shop. I really doubt the Terms of Service has some clever line in it that would forbid me from conceding to you 20 times trying to pull off the Lightwarden-Lightwarden-Wild Pyro- Silence-Circle-Circle turn 2 kill while you happened to have less than level 10 experience for the class you were playing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “The Arcade”