Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Ellibereth »

then you play patron and get legend kappa :P

I know arena's faster, I was just saying that you can just play constructed to get a collection too and that it doesn't feel that slow if you find arena hella boring.
Last edited by Ellibereth on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Ellibereth »

like I played no arena when I was grinding my first account and was able to get an okay tournament lineup in like a month and a halfish (albeit this is before naxx so didn't need to shovel out the gold for that)
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Ellibereth »

is blargerer someone here?
FLASH OF GREEN
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

yeah, blargerer is chamber's alternate name.

Yes, you can progress to a collection just fine with constructed grinding, and you should definitely do that if it's more enjoyable to you.
Both methods are definitely fast enough for like, pleasurable f2p experience and all. Neither of them are a joke like f2p Solforge is.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Annnnnnd my epic reward for end of the month was ....

Golden farsights >.>

I already had one before that. Thanks, Obama.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Seeing two copies of your arena reward in your collection is a known bug. You only got one gold Far Sight.

That said, it's still tragic.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hey, free dust, though!
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Is anyone else playing in last call?
FLASH OF GREEN
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

What is last call?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

blizzcon qualifier for people with >2 points and not in the top 23.
FLASH OF GREEN
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ive been trying to find a way to turn my pretty good Arena performance into a more consistent ranked performance.

I ended up making this tempo mage list that so far has been actually pretty good. I've done a bit of tweaking on it since I made it. Its got me to rank 10 so far this month (1 day in).

The only thing not visible on my list is Dr. Boom.

Spoiler: list

After playing a bit with this, I looked up some other tempo lists to see differences.

Kvalidir Raider and Nexus Champion are never used in tempo. I actually really like these. Raider is basically just a neutral floating watcher but mage's hero power grants tempo in addition to the tempo Raider gets and its a pretty strong win condition if you can curve into it with your early tempo. Nexus champion draws spells which obviously have synergy with Antonidas and Waker regardless of what you draw. Similar to why people are running spellslinger, but my deck curves a bit too slow for spellslinger imo.

Arcane Explosion is another never played card but I've actually had good results. I put it in after realizing that my by-far worst matchup was hard aggro, especially face hunter. Clearing out Haunted-Creeper-lings and all the standard 1 HP minions (abusive sergeant, worgen, leper gnome, muster for battle) was really helping the matchup versus paladin and face hunter.

I have a lot of faith in Fallen Hero. I realized at some point that its very comparable to a steamwheedle sniper which doesn't see play time (even by me), but I've liked it so far. It isn't a staple card. I wont always keep it in my opening hand but if I expect opponents to be dropping King's Elekk or Knife Juggler, I will. I'm not entirely sure why I still think this card is more worthy of play than Steamwheedle other than some nebulous bit of deck/class synergy to do with being a mage, but I still like it.

I was originally running 2 Mirror Entity and 1 Counterspell but people always play around Mirror Entity and I got sick of getting Darnassus Aspirants with it. Counterspell seems really strong in the current meta. Muster for battle is in every single pally deck and a lot of people are playing pally. Removing that early tempo is really strong. Its also a great card late game to protect win conditions like Kvaldir and Antonidas.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Steamwheedle Sniper is a good card in the wrong class. Fallen Hero is fine because the hero synergizes with it better.
"Well, I..."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I keep thinking that Control Hunter should be able to use Steamwheedle Sniper effectively, but I've yet to see it actually work. Hunter has a lot of cards that feel like they should enable a good control deck, but I haven't seen that really be a thing, either.

It just sucks, since I love control much more than any other style of deck, and a control deck that comes with a built in win condition feels like it should be really good.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

The issue is that the Hunter hero power can never help keep you alive, so Hunter gets forced into being at least somewhat aggressive. For Hunter to be good, you would need a deck that has such a smooth curve and solid draw power that you are always spending your mana on cards and are never spending your mana on your hero power (early on that is, Steady Shot would be ok as a wincon if you could wait to use it as just a wincon I suppose). When Buzzard cost 2 and Unleash Cost 2, that was pretty close to being true, and that was the most controlly hunter there has ever been. A lot of people called it midrange but I'm not sure it would be wrong to call it a control deck. I threw Rag into it once and Rag worked fine, it was that full-bodied.

I was really hoping Lock and Load could keep your hand so full that it could make control hunter a thing but the Lock and Load strategy has a couple too many holes. That, plus the fact the deck definitely wants secrets, but Kezan Mystic wrecks control hunter even more than face hunter when it hits.
"Well, I..."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Speaking of, I'm beginning to think that Kezan Mystic may be a necessary tech card now. Secret Paladin, Face Hunter, and most Mages now depend on secrets.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2336, popsofctown wrote:Steamwheedle Sniper is a good card in the wrong class. Fallen Hero is fine because the hero synergizes with it better.

Maybe so. I've noticed that this deck wins by aggressively throwing removal early and then trying to develop strong mid/late cards safely. Hunter might just have less reliable finishers or early removal.

I was running a lot of Kezan until this deck. I might try adding it back since there is still a fairly large amount of secrets out there.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2339, Sudo_Nym wrote:Speaking of, I'm beginning to think that Kezan Mystic may be a necessary tech card now. Secret Paladin, Face Hunter, and most Mages now depend on secrets.

I feel this way as well, though it has been pretty obvious for the past few week(s) that secret paladin is one of the best decks right now (Tempo Storm put it in Tier 1 of their meta snapchat i think, so that might make people jump the wagon and play the deck.) It actually might be enough to make me want to switch out Harrison in some of my decks to counter secrets, even though that would weaken said deck(s) matchup against Patron and Control Warrior, Oil Rogue, and I guess Midrange Pally. It all depends on what is being played at each ELO, and right now it seems that secret pally and most mage decks are just running rampant with secrets.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

All paladins run 4 weapons in them, so taking Harrison out to counter secrets pally would be more of a side-grade.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Venmar »

4? I'm assuming you mean Lights Justice from Muster, which is true but not exactly a huge threat to warrant solely running Harrison. I mainly run Harrison to break Oil Rogue weapons, Deaths Bites, War Axes, and Truesilvers.

Thought you are right, there could be other Tech cards warranting replacement instead. The overall point though is that i'd rather steal a crucial Competitive Spirit/Aveneg/Ressurect rather than deal with a Lights Justice.

(Also if you meant that smaller 3-mana weapon that gives taunt and divine shield, then yes, it'd be a side-grade, though most decks only run x1 I think?)

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:16 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya I meant Muster since pallies always run 2x of them.

Harrison is a bit slow to gain much off of it other than card advantage though which can be too little too late.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Venmar »

I agree, his inclusion in decks is usually aimed at Warrior (and Rogue) matchups rather than Pally, though being able to get rid of a Truesilver (or godforbid an Ashbringer) is always nice.

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I was thinking more of running Kezan Mystic over Piloted Shredder. They have the same stats, and Mystic's battlecry against secret paladin is probably more useful than Shredder's deathrattle.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im considering going to double portal and double effigy. Effigy gets you a minion based on the base cost. Getting portal into an early high cost minion and getting effigy out is really hard to stop.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I only haven't done that because this deck has been pretty damn consistent so far.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm not sure what to make of Mirror Entity vs. Effigy. Effigy is harder to cheat, since you're getting something with a higher base cost, while Mirror Entity can be "tricked" by your opponent playing an Ancient Watcher or something. Effigy has more variance though, since you're getting something random from that cost, while Mirror Entity has the filter that the creature you're getting was good enough to be included in somebody's deck.

Return to “The Arcade”