Newbie 1646 - Mafiascum University Class 106 - OVER!

eimim_
eimim_
Goon
eimim_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 am

Post by eimim_ »

Sorry Willow, your question was supposed to be quoted in my post (above).
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 am

Post by Fugitive »

Care to explain why you believe that forming wagons in order to generate content and get us out of RVS is "Not town behavior"?

No one can actually believe that.

You're just upset I caught you so fast and need any excuse to try to undermine my brilliant scum hunting.

@regfan - yes I believe every word I ever say regardless of my levels of sobriety. I will never use that as an excuse to take back something I said. So I stand by what I said in post 40.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:56 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

@Fugitive - I just thought we should broaden our suspicion instead of just focusing on one to get more info. So it's fine if you are suspicious of me as well, we have two weeks to talk it out.

@Jaack and Willow - It's true that she could be lying too so I never had a problem with your reasoning. About what happened after, I do think she got (somewhat overly) defensive when she called out Fugitive in jumping on the bandwagon. Personally, I wouldn't call it out because it's just two people and it's only the beginning so people will most likely change their votes later.
I just find Fugitive's certainty weird because I wouldn't act like that. I am looking at these things in terms of how I would act so my view is narrow. I will work on it.

I don't know how to go about getting more info, I am just mainly going with the flow and talk about my views on things.
eimim_
eimim_
Goon
eimim_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:59 am

Post by eimim_ »

In post 51, Fugitive wrote:Care to explain why you believe that forming wagons in order to generate content and get us out of RVS is "Not town behavior"?

No one can actually believe that.

You're just upset I caught you so fast and need any excuse to try to undermine my brilliant scum hunting.

@regfan - yes I believe every word I ever say regardless of my levels of sobriety. I will never use that as an excuse to take back something I said. So I stand by what I said in post 40.

I already answered that. There is a big difference between jaack's questions and you advocating a quick Lynch. One of those reads as town generating discussion, the other doesn't
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Fugitive »

nvm, newbie is town. See above.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Zar »

In post 38, Zar wrote:
In post 13, Zar wrote:
Stealing Kadston and Wasted Space from the Newbie queue to replace KTtheCreeper and TheMemeKing respectively, both of which failed to pick up their Newbie 1646 Role PMs.

I'll give Wasted Space chance until tomorrow morning to check in (9:00 AM EDT). Otherwise I'll search for a replacement.

Bearbert D replaces Wasted Space
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 2
eimim_ (3): vijay2vasandani, Jaack, Fugitive

Kadston (1): eimim_

Not Voting (5):
Kadston, newbieinmafia, willowmeadow, Bearbert D, Regfan

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or 5 to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday September 15, 2015 1:05 AM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2015-09-15 01:05:00)
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Bearbert D »

Regfan, can I get your current reads in a list from town to scum? Thank you very much
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Bearbert D »

1. I'm usually a spammer, but I'm busy with modding a game now on westeros(which you are playing in, Regfan:P Zar, note me revealing this isn't against rules since he's revealed hos identity in that game)
2. 30 games or something like that, one completed game here and one in progress in a hydra with Snowstorm.
3. Scum. Much prefer scum.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Bearbert D »

Ok, Regfan is playing so I'll probably just sheep him.
My first action as his sheep is to agree the wagon on eimim doesn't make any sense. The original reason for the attack sucks really hard. But I agree eimi's reaction to the wagon sucks too, especially post 28.

My second action as the sheep is to agree jaack is probsbly town. He found something he found suspicious and imediatly went with it. I also like the following question about "why aren't you voting fugitive?"

I'm pretty sure at least one scum joined the easy wagon on eimi. Fugitive's attack seems the most opportunistic to me and his "game solved" attitude also fits with him scum, wanting to make eimi look bad by making the latter think it's inevitable he'll be lynchec. I also disliked visday's response.

But what is the worst so far is Kadston's reaction. He supports the wagon on eimi, but doesn't join it. Especially think town him would have said he's not voting there not to put him at L-1, but this seems like testing the waters

VOTE: Kadston
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Fugitive »

Explain the reasoning behind a "game solved" attitude meaning scum. I'd like to hear the mental gymnastics you had to use to reach that conclusion.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Bearbert D »

Scum like to pretend a game is solved so they don't have to show any further thought process.
Kadston
Kadston
Townie
Kadston
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Kadston »

Your reason for voting me seems like a random stab in the water in hopes of catching a mafia member. I assure you, your assumptions are wrong.
As for who should go on the first day, I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm not the person to instantly jump on the lynch mobile, unlike Fugitive. Somebody should go, but we have more than a few days to figure it out.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Bearbert D »

Explain what you don't like about eimim then
Willowmeadow
Willowmeadow
Goon
Willowmeadow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Willowmeadow »

Nice to see you around again, Bear.

I'm not exactly fond of Fugitive's gameplay (seems like pretty much no one is?), but it's definitely not a scumtell for me.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Bearbert D »

In post 64, Willowmeadow wrote:Nice to see you around again, Bear.

I'm not exactly fond of Fugitive's gameplay (seems like pretty much no one is?), but it's definitely not a scumtell for me.

Nice to see you too. To make this even better, you were replaced by our mod that game :P
Kadston
Kadston
Townie
Kadston
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Kadston »

In post 63, Bearbert D wrote:Explain what you don't like about eimim then

Well, it's natural for me to suspect someone that's being voted against already. And eimim didn't respond to my question at all.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Fugitive »

In post 61, Bearbert D wrote:Scum like to pretend a game is solved so they don't have to show any further thought process.

You know, I expected whatever you were going to say to be unbearably stupid, but that makes a surprising amount of sense. I mean, you're still wrong, but I won't fault the attempt.
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Bearbert D »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?[unvote][/unvote]p=7193515#p7193515]post 66[/url], Kadston wrote:

Well, it's natural for me to suspect someone that's being voted against already. And eimim didn't respond to my question at all.

Ummm, ummmmmmm, ummmmmmm

I'm at loss for words
UNVOTE:

Probably. What the fuck is this?

Can you explain your stance here please? Like why is it natural to do that? Do you actually agree with the reasons that were pushed bu jaack and fugitive? If so, why? If not, why do you suspect eimim?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Fugitive »

In post 64, Willowmeadow wrote:I'm not exactly fond of Fugitive's gameplay (seems like pretty much no one is?), but it's definitely not a scumtell for me.

No one likes my gameplay, but only people either truly terrible at scumhunting, or are maf themselves, find it to be a scum tell.

Don't worry, I grow on you. Like that fungus you can't get rid of so you just decide to live symbiotically.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 66, Kadston wrote:

Bad vibes coming from this post. That is not a reason to suspect someone, that is an excuse.
Posts and are basically sheeping 'popular' opinions.

Still like scum-eimim, but scum-kadston seems strong too.

Best townreads so far are fugitive and bearbert.

Would like to see some real content from vijay

Pedit:
@Bearbert-Why did you unvote there?
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Bearbert D »

In post 70, Jaack wrote:

Bad vibes coming from this post. That is not a reason to suspect someone, that is an excuse.

Pedit:

Because this is too alien to me. My reaction is complete bafflement. Like I don't think I've ever seen somebody actually admit to sheeping in such a way before. Seems too blatant to actuslly be scum, you know? Like, I get why it's objectively bad, but bad ism't scummy? I have to actually think. I don't know. But I don't think it's scummy anymore

I think scum him would have actually bothered to make up a reason
5 minutes later:
Problem is, I assumed this was a newbie. I mean, maybe somebody in their first game could have such an opinion. But somebody with experience? Don't see it. But then, if he has experience as scum, he's know this kind of behaviour is suspicious? Umm, what is the meta on this forum you've played before, kadston? I can see something like this in idk, chat mafia, but not really in forum mafia

Conclusiom: none :P. Need more data
Kadston
Kadston
Townie
Kadston
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Kadston »

You are turning this into a bigger deal than it needs to be. I was never good at this game, so that's why my replies are dumb.
You can vote for me if you truly believe that I'm part of the mafia but prepare to be disappointed.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Jaack »

In post 71, Bearbert D wrote:
In post 70, Jaack wrote:

Pedit:

Because this is too alien to me. My reaction is complete bafflement. Like I don't think I've ever seen somebody actually admit to sheeping in such a way before. Seems too blatant to actuslly be scum, you know? Like, I get why it's objectively bad, but bad ism't scummy? I have to actually think. I don't know. But I don't think it's scummy anymore

I think scum him would have actually bothered to make up a reason
5 minutes later:
Problem is, I assumed this was a newbie. I mean, maybe somebody in their first game could have such an opinion. But somebody with experience? Don't see it. But then, if he has experience as scum, he's know this kind of behaviour is suspicious? Umm, what is the meta on this forum you've played before, kadston? I can see something like this in idk, chat mafia, but not really in forum mafia

Conclusiom: none :P. Need more data

I get what your saying, but I think you are letting Kadston off the hook. While it could be that post is a result of a different site meta, it still was an anti-town post. If it was just how he has learned to play, its bad-null. If not it is bad-scum.

Furthermore, the appeal to popularity has been indicative of how Kadston has been playing. The two opinions he has offered about this game are that eimim is scummy (post ) and that fugitive was aggressive in voting for eimim (post ). You know, the two most popular opinions in the game so far. Other than that, he has mostly avoided sharing his thoughts.

@Kadston - Who is town and who is scum?
Kadston
Kadston
Townie
Kadston
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Kadston »

scum:
Bearbert D
eimem

Not going to support these with reasons because I don't have any good reasons. (basically picked bearbert because he rubbed me the wrong way)

I'm not avoiding sharing my thoughts, I just can't come up with a good idea of who's who. Anyone accusing me of being Mafia (a bad one at that) could be one themselves, and sometimes I don't know where to go when it all starts. As for previous mafia experience, I generally stayed quiet and voted when I felt. Now suddenly I make a comment and everyone's on my back.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”