Mini-Normal 1713: Mystery Mansion Mafia (GAME OVER)

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 62, Wanderer-nl wrote:I have voted. I unvoted later because I no longer think Performer's vote looks suspicious.

Why not?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 66, Akarin wrote:As I don't have any other games on site, none of them stand out in my memory.

The strangest game I played had a Jester whose existence was announced at the beginning of the game, the game ended in a loss for everyone else if they were lynched. That really messed up how the game worked.

I probably play better as town, and it's more fun!

I
have
dated someone I played a forum mafia game with, it was okay!

Fun fact: I milked a cow today (at a county fair.)

So Akarin did the same thing.
A more mild scumread on her.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 67, Akarin wrote:Back on topic,

I think Wolfie and Expedience (Expy?) are being silly in thinking of this as some daring gambit. It's a simple joke that plenty of people as either alignment do all the time. "Practically confirmed town" is ridiculous.

It's weird that the gambit language has been repeated so much. And Wolfie looks like she has a lot more experience, it's weird that she'd buy into this kind of logic if she were actually trying to figure out if Slandaar were town or scum.

VOTE: SilverWolf

Did Wolfie do that? I don't recall this.
Also I think Expedience was joking.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:27 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 69, Davsto wrote:
In post 67, Akarin wrote:Back on topic,

I think Wolfie and Expedience (Expy?) are being silly in thinking of this as some daring gambit. It's a simple joke that plenty of people as either alignment do all the time. "Practically confirmed town" is ridiculous.

It's weird that the gambit language has been repeated so much. And Wolfie looks like she has a lot more experience, it's weird that she'd buy into this kind of logic if she were actually trying to figure out if Slandaar were town or scum.

Definitely agreeing here.

Slandaar's comment and the other person's follow up was blatantly a joke, and why people are actually voting on the two based on that is beyond me. It's like super-reaching, trying to find evidence when there's nothing.

Out of everything to agree with!
Noted for soft-defending Accountant.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 74, Davsto wrote:Uh, sorry, I appear to have misplaced my vote, it wasn't silverwolf who voted someone (seemingly seriously) based on the stuff.
UNVOTE:
It was Performer.
VOTE: performer

However, SilverWolf, townreading them by that exchange is also silly. I just find reaching to vote on a single person more scummy than oddly townreading two people from it.
Excuse me while I facepalm for being silly enough to mix that up.

Let me guess; you mixed it up because you wanted to follow Akarin onto a town wagon.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:30 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 79, Davsto wrote:Yeh, sorry, I saw Akarin's comment and vote on you and assumed you were one of the ones voting Slandaar, without checking.

See my earlier point.
Willing to vote on Davsto.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 89, Accountant wrote:I don't think that what Slandaar did was alignment indicative at all, and I'm treating it as a null tell on him. I think that SilverWolf's townreading me and Slandaar seems far-fetched, and an experienced player like him should know better. I'm not sure what to think about this, but it's possible buddying.

I think Akarin's analysis pretty much hit the nail on the head as well. I'm currently looking at the votecount and it's three votes for me three for Performer, so I think it makes sense to go ahead and

VOTE: Performer

Performer, if you could justify your vote that would be great.

This makes an Accountant/Akarin/? team more likely.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:33 am

Post by Davsto »

No.

I mixed it up because I agreed with the points, but didn't realise that Akarin had placed her vote on someone that hadn't actually done that.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:34 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 157, Davsto wrote:No.

I mixed it up because I agreed with the points, but didn't realise that Akarin had placed her vote on someone that hadn't actually done that.

Why did you agree with the points?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Davsto »

Because someone voting Slandaar seriously on the joke because "it was totes a gambit" is a rather pathetic excuse to vote on someone.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:38 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 101, Expedience wrote:
In post 100, Accountant wrote:That was a mistype. It should be "where town claimed town", which means that since scum would know you played in games where town claimed town, they would be incentivized to claim town to seem town themselves.

I'd say this is a
very
weak argument, since SilverWolf didn't say that she believed this to be a Town tell before Slandaar made his comment. It would require scum to both read the games that she mentioned, and also require SilverWolf noticing and mentioning it. If SilverWolf and Slandaar were both scum, I really don't think they'd be this blatant.

Nevertheless, I don't think Town are any more likely to claim Town during RVS / RQS than scum.

I agree with Expi here.
However, one think I'd like to ask is; why did the vote go onto Performer rather than Expedience?
Is it because Expi's scum and therefore the other was chosen to be wagoned?

Pedit: Pretty sure Expi called Slandaar town, not scum
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:44 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mario
In post 148, MarioManiac4 wrote:If she pushes some mislynches she can point to that and say "look, I'm not a good player. I'm not scum for pushing these mislynches."
Where does she say she isn't a good player?
Can you link these?
I really don't want to have to go find them. I just remember seeing town players do RQS, especially newer players.
Also, I want to make it clear that the meta point I mentioned isn't the main reason for my null-read of his RQS. It's mainly because I don't see any compelling scum or town motivations for what he did.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Vote Count 1.04

Accountant (3) - Slandaar, Expedience, MarioManiac4
MarioManica4 (3)- absta101, Accountant, Grayfoxxx
Performer (2)- SilverWolf, Davsto
Slandaar (1) - Performer
Expedience (1) - All Alone
SilverWolf (1) - Akarin

Not Voting (1) - Wanderer-nl
With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on 09/16/15 at 6:27 AM EST

EDIT: Fixed for Correctness with Grayfoxxx's vote.

Last edited by Fraggernaut on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Maybe quoting and bolding the reason for my unvote will finally make people see......
In post 51, Performer wrote:
In post 47, SilverWolf wrote:Slandaar and Accountant are both prob not scum. I really don't see scum pulling either of those gambits-claiming town like that or claiming scum like that.

Performer. What exactly were you hoping to learn from those particular RQS questions and how would that help you determine anyone's alignment this game?

Meh, the questions were a way to gauge responses. Or at least learn a little about people here. I'm very new to this website, you never now what you learn about others. Most people seem to be strictly focused on playing the game and treating it super serious, but I'm more into the "fun part."

As for someone claiming to be mafia or town...I played games on another site, where a few people did that early in day 1 and wow, it turned out quite bad for us townies, because they turned out to be something other than the claim.

Much thanks to Accountant for answering, didn't realize you're not an actual accountant :lol:
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:46 am

Post by Davsto »

Let's take a look at the three votes on Slandaar, shall we?

In post 26, Accountant wrote:
In post 24, Slandaar wrote:I don't feel like voting any of you at the moment, instead, I shall just let you all know that I am town. I obviously wouldn't lie to you good people so this effectively makes me confirmed town! If only every townie was as clever as me and had thought of this great way to confirm themselves the game would be so easy!

VOTE: Slandaar

In post 28, Accountant wrote:I know you're town. I'm actually mafia trying to push a quickhammer on a townie before people realize how confirmed he is.
Clearly a joke vote.
In post 34, Akarin wrote:VOTE: Slandaar
1. OMGUS
2. Only player to confirm via PM
or Private Topic???

3. Tied leading wagons, fight!
A bit meh on this one, but doesn't seem to be making the vote based on the joke vote.
In post 36, Performer wrote:
In post 27, Slandaar wrote:I think you missed the part where I confirmed myself as town using logics.

:?

In post 51, Performer wrote:As for someone claiming to be mafia or town...I played games on another site, where a few people did that early in day 1 and wow, it turned out quite bad for us townies, because they turned out to be something other than the claim.
On the other hand, Performer seemed to take the obvious joke seriously and actually voted based on it, by the looks of it.

That is why I voted Performer over the others.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:48 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

If I'm not missing something about Ara claiming Performer thought slandaar was town then most of the wagon is built on sand.
The fact that Accountant and Performer were counterwagons also give me a townread on that slot.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 161, absta101 wrote:
@Mario
In post 148, MarioManiac4 wrote:If she pushes some mislynches she can point to that and say "look, I'm not a good player. I'm not scum for pushing these mislynches."
Where does she say she isn't a good player?
Can you link these?
I really don't want to have to go find them. I just remember seeing town players do RQS, especially newer players.
Also, I want to make it clear that the meta point I mentioned isn't the main reason for my null-read of his RQS. It's mainly because I don't see any compelling scum or town motivations for what he did.

I never said she DID, I said she COULD.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:51 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 157, Davsto wrote:No.

In post 164, Davsto wrote:Let's take a look at the three votes on Slandaar, shall we?

In post 26, Accountant wrote:
In post 24, Slandaar wrote:I don't feel like voting any of you at the moment, instead, I shall just let you all know that I am town. I obviously wouldn't lie to you good people so this effectively makes me confirmed town! If only every townie was as clever as me and had thought of this great way to confirm themselves the game would be so easy!

In post 28, Accountant wrote:I know you're town. I'm actually mafia trying to push a quickhammer on a townie before people realize how confirmed he is.
Clearly a joke vote.
In post 34, Akarin wrote:VOTE: Slandaar
1. OMGUS
2. Only player to confirm via PM
or Private Topic???

3. Tied leading wagons, fight!
A bit meh on this one, but doesn't seem to be making the vote based on the joke vote.
In post 36, Performer wrote:
In post 27, Slandaar wrote:I think you missed the part where I confirmed myself as town using logics.

:?

In post 51, Performer wrote:As for someone claiming to be mafia or town...I played games on another site, where a few people did that early in day 1 and wow, it turned out quite bad for us townies, because they turned out to be something other than the claim.
On the other hand, Performer seemed to take the obvious joke seriously and actually voted based on it, by the looks of it.

That is why I voted Performer over the others.

These statements are pretty contradictory.
Why does Performer trying to find something scummy and get out of it seem scummy to you?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 165, MarioManiac4 wrote:If I'm not missing something about Ara claiming Performer thought slandaar was town then most of the wagon is built on sand.
The fact that Accountant and Performer were counterwagons also give me a townread on that slot.

Can you please make this a little more clear because I have no idea what wagon you mean and whom you're townreading.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 168, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 165, MarioManiac4 wrote:If I'm not missing something about Ara claiming Performer thought slandaar was town then most of the wagon is built on sand.

Can you please make this a little more clear because I have no idea what wagon you mean and whom you're townreading.

So I thought Performer was being voted for townreading Slandaar for a moment, when that didn't happen.
I was townreading Performer.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 169, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 168, Wanderer-nl wrote:

So I thought Performer was being voted for townreading Slandaar for a moment, when that didn't happen.
I was townreading Performer.

Ara is Akarin?
Most of what wagon was built on sand?

So what did happen?
Are you still townreading Performer?

Does any of this this change anthing of your read on Accountant?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:04 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mario
In post 166, MarioManiac4 wrote:I never said she DID, I said she COULD.
That's not what i'm getting at. You said in point 2 that she is trying to make excuses for wrong reads with her ToS (town or scum, i'm guessing). You then explained in post that she could push a mislynch and then later state that she isn't a good player like she already 'told us'.

What i'm asking is, where does she say that she isn't a good player in her original response to Performers RQS? All I see is her saying that she is a better scum player, this does not mean she is a bad town player.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Performer »

Sorry about taking so long to get back to your question , SilverWolf. I had class last night and didn't get to check back and make a reply.
But yes , I'll answer my RQS too.

What is one fm game that stands out in your memory?
When an SK claimed town midway through the game, when we got really suspicious of him. He luckily survived until all mafia members died, managed to manipulate remaining townies against one another, and we lost eventually. Wasn't one of my proudest games but learned a lot!

Would you say you play as a better mafia scum or townie?
I've got to be honest with this one - I think I play better as townie.

What is the strangest fm game you ever played?
Probably the one where someone pmed other people with statements like , "sooo are you mafia" and similar unvconventional messages. Then we got public posts confessing he pmed others with this. I read too much into this and others started putting FOS on him too. In the end, he turned out to be the town cop. We ended up losing that one though, which was awful...but very interesting.

Have you ever dated anyone from fm?
Nope but I have to say, it'd be intriguing.

What is a fun fact about yourself?
Taking note of other fm players' play styles and thinking of imitating their play styles someday. :cool:

Anyway!

Like others posted already, I explained why I voted Slandaar in

As for – my thought is claiming either is outlandish to me. Makes the game interesting though.

Davsto 's – you think it's pathetic but it was RVS, it’s early on day 1, so me putting a bit of pressure wouldn’t do harm if he really is town, or if he really is joking.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:59 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 167, MarioManiac4 wrote:
Why does Performer trying to find something scummy and get out of it seem scummy to you?

Performer was trying to find something scummy out of a joke, by reaching in an unreasonable manner. I find that behaviour scummy.

Performer wrote:Davsto 's – you think it's pathetic but it was RVS, it’s early on day 1, so me putting a bit of pressure wouldn’t do harm if he really is town, or if he really is joking.
I think we're past RVS now, so why is your vote still sitting on him?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Performer »

In post 173, Davsto wrote:
In post 167, MarioManiac4 wrote:

Performer was trying to find something scummy out of a joke, by reaching in an unreasonable manner. I find that behaviour scummy.

Performer wrote:Davsto 's – you think it's pathetic but it was RVS, it’s early on day 1, so me putting a bit of pressure wouldn’t do harm if he really is town, or if he really is joking.
I think we're past RVS now, so why is your vote still sitting on him?

I don't see the difference between having no vote or having him on vote at this point so I'm just leaving my vote there. Personally can't decipher who's really town or mafia right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”