catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by catboi »

I mean, look. I get being confident. That's fine and a good thing, mostly.

If you're not going to open up and explain yourself a bit, and you're going to just totally ignore what others have to say, we're going to get nowhere, fast
LexTrew
LexTrew
Goon
LexTrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by LexTrew »

yo vijay are you scum?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean, I've tried explaining my reads in the past and usually the reactions, even from people who have seen that my strategy has a high success rate, are to claim that my tells are "non-alignment indicative", to accuse me of making it up or to outright claim I'm scum for using what I'm using as a tell.

3 different times I've made this assertion, had people claim that I was wrong or that this game would not be like the last, then I post my reasoning and get the same kind of reactions. And then end up having been right.

So I'm not sure what you want me to tell you besides no, I do not think Shinobi will flip scum and I think you're barking up the wrong tree there.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:11 pm

And I guarantee you, that if the fact that you've gone through my games and seen my success rate hasn't already convinced you then the Shinobi town flip, with or without my death tonight, will not convince you either.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Oh, and I've listened to what you had to say. You called for a reread on Scorpius, which I did, causing me to revise my opinion on him from town to scum.

If by "listen to you" you mean "blindly sheep you when I totally disagree with the lynch you're pushing" then we've got an issue here.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 426, LexTrew wrote:yo vijay are you scum?

Is that all you have to offer?

In post 428, RadiantCowbells wrote:And I guarantee you, that if the fact that you've gone through my games and seen my success rate hasn't already convinced you then the Shinobi town flip, with or without my death tonight, will not convince you either.

I went and looked at one, you played similarly and mislynched town repeatedly. If I actually cared I'd put together data to show why your confidence is irrationally misplaced but I think that would be a colossal waste of time. I'm well familiar with your type. I mean at this point you're just a colossal bore and I have no idea why you're still playing if you have no intention of trying to communicate in a game based around communication.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Shinobi »

RC, explain to people why they shouldn't vote me.
Just saying I'm town isn't enough.
(Granted real reasons probably won't either but it's worth a shot.)
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Shinobi »

The fact that I wound up at L-1 is hysterical.
Phenomenal, even.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 429, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh, and I've listened to what you had to say. You called for a reread on Scorpius, which I did, causing me to revise my opinion on him from town to scum.

If by "listen to you" you mean "blindly sheep you when I totally disagree with the lynch you're pushing" then we've got an issue here.

And by "listen", I meant actually interact and respond with what other people say. I got sick of the "I'm right so sheep me" routine on epicmafia. It manages to be even more tedious and less useful when you're doing it here.

p-edit: you're at L-1 because you're obvious scum in spite of your pathetic arrogance about it
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 433, catboi wrote:
In post 429, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh, and I've listened to what you had to say. You called for a reread on Scorpius, which I did, causing me to revise my opinion on him from town to scum.

And by "listen", I meant actually interact and respond with what other people say. I got sick of the "I'm right so sheep me" routine on epicmafia. It manages to be even more tedious and less useful when you're doing it here.

p-edit: you're at L-1 because you're obvious scum in spite of your pathetic arrogance about it

I'm a mason you fucking dumb cunt.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

There's about one player that's plausible for, but whatever
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: JeanDarc

moving on. I had stuff typed up here but it was bordering on mean, so I deleted it. LexTrew is also a plausible lynch.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by catboi »

I should feel bad but I don't at all

Funny how that works
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 437, catboi wrote:I should feel bad but I don't at all

Funny how that works

I think it's safe to say we should part ways after this game.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by catboi »

If you take being voted in a game of mafia personally, then yes. There's more I'd like to say but it's late and I want to think my words through
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

Oh come on, shinobi. Softing your bud was not a good move at all.

unvote
You can't step in the same river twice.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:19 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 439, catboi wrote:If you take being voted in a game of mafia personally, then yes. There's more I'd like to say but it's late and I want to think my words through

I don't really care what you have to say.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Ok really does no one really find Catboi's behavior leaning on scum? He's either an arrogant town that can't possibly conceive he could be wrong about his reads or a scum playing all of us. Is there really enough proof to justify lynching Shinobi? Cause all I see are justifications that only indicate we can't be sure of Shonobi's alignment (which I agree with). If Catboi's true motive were to find the truth, then you'd think he would be at least willing to give himself some room for error. At the very least I see this as anti-town behavior, since if he keeps tunneling in on whoever he thinks is scum with only circumstantial evidence, we run the very real risk of him leading everyone to make a wrong choice, even if he didn't actually intend for it to happen.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 442, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Ok really does no one really find Catboi's behavior leaning on scum? He's either an arrogant town that can't possibly conceive he could be wrong about his reads or a scum playing all of us. Is there really enough proof to justify lynching Shinobi? Cause all I see are justifications that only indicate we can't be sure of Shonobi's alignment (which I agree with). If Catboi's true motive were to find the truth, then you'd think he would be at least willing to give himself some room for error. At the very least I see this as anti-town behavior, since if he keeps tunneling in on whoever he thinks is scum with only circumstantial evidence, we run the very real risk of him leading everyone to make a wrong choice, even if he didn't actually intend for it to happen.

Everyone's wrong sometimes. I'm not sure what the hell you mean by "give himself some room for error". Are you saying I should have admitted it was possible shinobi was town when I was tunneling him? I'd only do that as scum to leave myself a way out after a mislynch. I stand by a lot of what I said. I think his responses have been hypocritical in a lot of ways, and his reasoning shallow.

If Shinobi wants to take being pushed on personally and act like a jerk about it, that's his problem.

You're like one of 3 people I still have under consideration as scum, so, meh.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I'm saying that you're acting like it's guaranteed that Shinobi is scum which, while certainly plausible, is not as black & white as you're making it out be. You do realize that you're trying to lynch him on day 1 without anything to go in except assumptions, right? If he turns out to be town, then not only would we be at a disadvantage, but your credibility will plummet for the rest of the game. We're you really willing to risk that if he got lynched a while ago, or where you not aware of that detail?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Scorpious »

I can't say how I know,you can probably figure it out on your own. This is standard catboi.. Like I said,town..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:51 am

Post by catboi »

@scorp you should get off shinobi. vote someone else.

In post 444, Kyubey The Kid wrote:I'm saying that you're acting like it's guaranteed that Shinobi is scum which, while certainly plausible, is not as black & white as you're making it out be. You do realize that you're trying to lynch him on day 1 without anything to go in except assumptions, right? If he turns out to be town, then not only would we be at a disadvantage, but your credibility will plummet for the rest of the game. We're you really willing to risk that if he got lynched a while ago, or where you not aware of that detail?

............you never have anything but assumptions in this game. I'm not sure what your point is. I was confident he was scum, yes. I was wrong. Nothing for me to do but move on. In my mind, caring about how you're perceived for your vote is for scum.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Scorpious »

What's going on with this Psyche character? What do we know about him?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:58 am

Post by catboi »

In post 447, Scorpious wrote:What's going on with this Psyche character? What do we know about him?

He replaced Spiffeh, who I thought was fairly town. That's more or less why I don't suspect him.

You should unvote shinobi, as he is town, and vote someone else.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I apologize for my earlier anger. It was over the line and unnecessary.
HOWEVER, I am mentally checked out at this point and it's hard for me to keep caring when most of my wagon doesn't care about what's going on.
I'll show up eventually but it'll take some time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”