VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit - @Blank - Gonna add you to the Elbirn list. I'd also be curious as to your thoughts on Marcrell & LQ.

@Fire - I'm going to add tot that cutoff sentence a little. The Elb I'm seeing in the game you linked me to seems a lot more engaged & pushy, for lack of a better term. My feelings on Elb this game are that he's a bit stiff here, in a manner that coincides with the play to be expected from scum trying to hit basic Towntells - In other words, scum playing a safe game.

Riddle me this, then. Why do you see him as Town? Like, elaborate on what you mean by 'playing to his Town meta' please, so I can get a better picture, if you don't mind.

Thank you.

@LQ & Suz - Use the tapes as you see fit. Just offering my 02.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by BlankFace »

I've given my thoughts on LQ. He's town as hell. He's my top town. Find me one post you don't find genuine and I'll revise that. I'll try to ISO the others later tonight/tomorrow. I have to throw together a Pathfinder game in 8 minutes right now.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 734, Firebringer wrote:
In post 729, Klingoncelt wrote:
Evil Neutral. Yep, nailed it. You (*******) shoulda lynched Titus and Frog. I was SO pissed off.

How in the hell did you guess Neutral Evil?
I even confused Frog completely on that.
>.>

I thought I looked Neutral at worst.

I get these little flashes once in a while, a light bulb goes on over my head. I thought Titus was Mafia, though, if that helps.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 733, LicketyQuickety wrote:
You do realize no one has really been suspicious of Fire accept you right? So looking back why do you think Fire was freaking out? I have a theory and that is that he was legit confused.

Exactly.

Fire doesn't get confused easily, he sure as hell won't announce it.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 735, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 730, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 724, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Kling is like the most obvious Scum I have ever seen. The only opposition to lynching him at this point is that she is lynchbait. I went a and looked at their profile and looked at all their posts on the first page. This is not Town!Kling.

I am lynchbait because no one can get a grip on my meta. My playstyle changes from game to game, even from day to day, depending on Real Life situations.

Lets be honest here.. no ones meta is unreadable and I don't care if that has to do with rl or not. Part of my case on you is that you are behaving differently in this game than your other current games.

We can't discuss current games.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 736, Firebringer wrote:

Wait are we positive that Shaded was town?

I don't know site meta to know how often Vengeful Town is in games, but it sounds like a extremely anti town role. I feel like Shaded was scum.

Also, I am starting to think with others that only Shaded flip was hidden? I don't know. Thats where I am at.

From the Devils' sample role PM (post ): "Turn the other cheek so I may kiss it with my fangs.": You are vengeful. If you die you may pick a player to kill (24 hours to submit or action won't count). This kill will flip with name and alignment reveal.

I think Shaded was Scum.
-
MiniDeathStar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 753, Klingoncelt wrote:
Exactly.

This reminds me of what Banana was saying about my playstyle in that other game.
I remember Banana was scum too. You should have voted with me on that.

I am feeling weaker and weaker on scum reading you. Do you honestly believe this stuff you are saying Kling?

I mean, its just an odd meta you have on me. I am not allowed to be confused ever? lol. Its just odd.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 756, Firebringer wrote:
Exactly.

This reminds me of what Banana was saying about my playstyle in that other game.

I am feeling weaker and weaker on scum reading you. Do you honestly believe this stuff you are saying Kling?

I mean, its just an odd meta you have on me. I am not allowed to be confused ever? lol. Its just odd.

You don't allow yourself to be confused.

Banana was crying like a baby, we're talking Olympic gold-medal-level AtE here. And Town was hardcore derp.

Tell you what, I'll unvote for now, how's that? All better? :good:

UNVOTE:
-
MiniDeathStar
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 751, BlankFace wrote:I've given my thoughts on LQ. He's town as hell. He's my top town. Find me one post you don't find genuine and I'll revise that. I'll try to ISO the others later tonight/tomorrow. I have to throw together a Pathfinder game in 8 minutes right now.

Sorry, I meant Klingon. I don't know how I got the two mixed up. >_<
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In other news, Elb does have one point, and that's the fact that I'm being lazy since I have a scum read. I'll try to get the rest up sometime tonight/tomorrow, depending on how I manage the rest of my schedule. (Kinda behind on a lot of things, honestly.)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 757, Klingoncelt wrote:

You don't allow yourself to be confused.

Banana was crying like a baby, we're talking Olympic gold-medal-level AtE here. And Town was hardcore derp.

Tell you what, I'll unvote for now, how's that? All better? :good:

UNVOTE: [/quote]
I don't know how I honestly feel about this, I don't remember asking to be unvoted.
I was just wondering how strong you actually felt about it. Cause it seemed very strong and I couldn't wrap my head around it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 755, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 736, Firebringer wrote:

Wait are we positive that Shaded was town?

I don't know site meta to know how often Vengeful Town is in games, but it sounds like a extremely anti town role. I feel like Shaded was scum.

Also, I am starting to think with others that only Shaded flip was hidden? I don't know. Thats where I am at.

From the Devils' sample role PM (post ): "Turn the other cheek so I may kiss it with my fangs.": You are vengeful. If you die you may pick a player to kill (24 hours to submit or action won't count). This kill will flip with name and alignment reveal.

I think Shaded was Scum.

See this right here is just wrong. She left out a very key part to the vengeful kill and that is that their Kill will mutilate (IIRC, No Reveal) the target.

In post 572, 4nxi3ty wrote:
"It wasn't just the birds. All sorts of little critters started turning up broken, bellies to the sky. Nothing natural about it."

LicketyQuickety
(1)
- Morning Sun
Marcrell
(1)
- Firebringer

Not voting: Empoleon Bellapatre, Suzune, Elbirn, Marcrell, Morning Sun, Firebringer, LicketyQuickety, Klingoncelt, VysePresident, BlankFace, grapes

penguin_alien was Killed,
Olivia Hamilton
Human

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-21 18:55:30)
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:47 pm

In post 751, BlankFace wrote:I've given my thoughts on LQ. He's town as hell. He's my top town. Find me one post you don't find genuine and I'll revise that. I'll try to ISO the others later tonight/tomorrow. I have to throw together a Pathfinder game in 8 minutes right now.

JFYI, once you play a game with me where I am scum you will never trust me again.

Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 762, LicketyQuickety wrote:

JFYI, once you play a game with me where I am scum you will never trust me again.

So would this mean you have an unreadable meta?

Fire not wanting to talk about the tapes is suspicious. Scum have a way to communicate secretly without them, town doesn't, so scum would not want town understanding/using tapes, unless it could be spun to benefit them, which will be harder the more town knows about how we should use them. And at this point his case about me is just repeatedly calling for me to be lynched. And spelling my name wrong. R after c. Maybe he had a case earlier, but he's stopped using it now. VOTE: Firebringer I could most definitely see the slot as scum.

Scum venge kills are full reveal, scum one-shot kill is mutilated. Somebody mentioned this and I checked sample. If the sample is correct this had to be a venge kill, scum one-shot would not tell us who penguin was.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 am

Post by BlankFace »

In post 763, Marcrell wrote:

Fire not wanting to talk about the tapes is suspicious. Scum have a way to communicate secretly without them, town doesn't, so scum would not want town understanding/using tapes, unless it could be spun to benefit them, which will be harder the more town knows about how we should use them. And at this point his case about me is just repeatedly calling for me to be lynched. And spelling my name wrong. R after c. Maybe he had a case earlier, but he's stopped using it now. VOTE: Firebringer I could most definitely see the slot as scum.

Scum venge kills are full reveal, scum one-shot kill is mutilated. Somebody mentioned this and I checked sample. If the sample is correct this had to be a venge kill, scum one-shot would not tell us who penguin was.

This post is gross.

Trying to legitimize tapes is pointless. As far as we know, the messages are anonymous. I haven't tested it, I don't think anyone else has tested it. Scum have tapes too. It's not the same secure communication that scum have. And tape discussions right now do not help us find scum. And if Fire doesn't want to talk about it, how does that make him scum? Did he say not to use them? Did he advocate against them? Sitting around talking about tapes gets us nowhere and you voting Fire because he doesn't want to talk about it is pointless.

And if he's already made a case, what is wrong with him wanting to see you lynched? What's the scum intent in Fire tunneling you? As it is, I'm the leading wagon and Fire could just as easily jump on me. Instead he pointed to my meta and expressed doubt. Why bother doing that as scum?

Your case on Fire boils down to him not wanting to talk about a mechanic that at the moment has no bearing on finding scum and over him wanting you lynched. And misspelling your name? Come on.

VOTE: Marcell
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 764, BlankFace wrote:

This post is gross.

Trying to legitimize tapes is pointless. As far as we know, the messages are anonymous. I haven't tested it, I don't think anyone else has tested it. Scum have tapes too. It's not the same secure communication that scum have. And tape discussions right now do not help us find scum. And if Fire doesn't want to talk about it, how does that make him scum? Did he say not to use them? Did he advocate against them? Sitting around talking about tapes gets us nowhere and you voting Fire because he doesn't want to talk about it is pointless.

And if he's already made a case, what is wrong with him wanting to see you lynched? What's the scum intent in Fire tunneling you? As it is, I'm the leading wagon and Fire could just as easily jump on me. Instead he pointed to my meta and expressed doubt. Why bother doing that as scum?

Your case on Fire boils down to him not wanting to talk about a mechanic that at the moment has no bearing on finding scum and over him wanting you lynched. And misspelling your name? Come on.

VOTE: Marcell

Oh lord Jesus a misconception.

We can talk about tapes and talk about other things at the same time. If fire perhaps suggested that something else was more important, that would be valid. If he'd asked about something and said he didn't have an opinion about tapes or thought they weren't important he could have said that. Instead it's just telling everyone to shut up about tapes.

I think they have a purpose. Sure, scum have them. We can't guarantee we send them secretly. But town has limited secret conversation, and while they can be sent to mafia, they're still useful. How/if someone reacts to you communication in thread could help with alignment. Or you could share results as a pr with a trusted townie. We don't know or PRs, but having any method of communication outside of thread for town is more then we usually have, and I believe we could use it to our benefit.

Nah, about the 50 posts that are variation of "get the ball rolling on marcel".

Also him mispelling my name has nothing to do with my perception of his alignment. I'm just telling him it's wrong.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"All I know is Olivia ran and ran with lungs full of fire, broken down by the final rejection of her charity."

"Jeezuhss I remember that. My jaw must've dropped to the ground the way I stood there frozen like everyone else. And she was running bare foot head to toe in blood on that hard ground with all the mud created from the previous weeks' raining dried by then."

"How long does it take for mud to crack like that?"

Marcrell
(2)
- Firebringer, BlankFace
BlankFace
(2)
- grapes, Morning Sun
Elbirn (1) - VysePresident
Empoleon Bellapatre (1) - Elbirn
Klingoncelt (1) - LicketyQuickety
Firebringer (1) - Marcrell

Not voting: Empoleon Bellapatre, Suzune, Klingoncelt

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-21 18:55:30)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:01 pm

These last few posts by Marcrell seem like Town motivation.

@Fire, what do you think of Marcrells last few posts?

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by grapes »

why's blankface town?

In post 704, Firebringer wrote:I am hesitant because 1) Marcell is on it. 2) Last game this was how BF played and he was town.

i never really understood the whole not voting something because one of my scumreads is also voting them thing

it's a product of both a big ego and preflip associatives

also

and this isn't just to you, fire, but there's a lot of the 'oh they've played like this as town before one game' stuff going around and it's bugging the shit outta me because meta is essentially worthless until you've had upwards of 10 or so games with a person first hand as both alignments and even then it's doomed to fail if said person has any inkling of self awareness about how they play

it's just kinda 'eh' and this post rubbed my funny bone because it's the two most common things people usually say to avoid voting somewhere that take like literally no effort

tldr don't be scared! vote blankface!

In post 718, Suzune wrote:Alright let's do this popcorn mafia style. It is a short list. All names on the shortlist should be evaluated by the lot so that we can see who we think on the train might be guilty. There are several people though naturally not on the train and Melee's vote. But this is a good place to start. Fire is dying for something to do so this should keep his interest.

Short list of potentials:
ShadedMelee (7) - grapes, Marcrell, Morning Sun, Firebringer, penguin_alien, Suzune, Empoleon Bellapatre

i feel like this wagon is towndriven out the ass for multiple reasons - im more or less townreading all of these names - deadline flashyish wagons are more likely to be driven by people being more liberal with their vote and actually have a desire to see flips

that said, your "who does everyone think is scum on this wagon" without actually saying who you think is scum on the wagon is noted

suzune, just curious, how would you describe the mood of the thread/game right now?

In post 748, BlankFace wrote:
Because I was wrong about my pretty shitty read off of Penguin, made me doubt my Marcell read. Also because any time I try to go back through the thread I lose interest to form a solid scum read. I have vibes but I don't like to vote off of vibes. It's lazy.

Like the vibe I'm getting from Morning Sun. This isn't nearly as aggressive as I've seen Sal be as town. The town games I have with him are McNinja and the Dating Game where he was very explosive and a little stand offish as town. Here he isn't. And I'm not going to pretend that the Morning Slot is anything more than Sal at this point. Gameplay is nonexistant and Sal is voting me because of Gameplay's unexplained read which seems very unlike the Sal that I've seen.

wow, it's like you've never gotten a read wrong before or something

and i know this isn't what you were getting at but im not voting you because 'you were wrong on penguin' it's because i feel like your pushes have been surfacey and a bit hedgy

even this MS read here - you're taking a very watered down assessment of his meta and using that to call him scum here with a lot of verbosity with what feels like tepid conviction
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 pm

I like grapes reasons for voting BF and there's not really a wagon to speak of so:

VOTE: BlankFace

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 768, grapes wrote:

why's blankface town?

Leaning
Town. I ISO'd him and the to me the posts read more like a Town pov than a Scum pov.
-
MiniDeathStar
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 768, grapes wrote:suzune, just curious, how would you describe the mood of the thread/game right now?
I get asked the most interesting questions in this game. But, I guess I would describe the mood as a fluctuation between frustration, boredom, and surprise. Frustration because people seem uncertain where to go and we take out our own feels on each other. Boredom because the topic moves quickly some days and others it sinks into stagnation. Surprise because everyone seems to be surprised at reads or they border on frustration sometimes.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Someone should send me a tape of what role they are if they are a PR,

Thanks

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:44 pm

In post 733, LicketyQuickety wrote:
You do realize no one has really been suspicious of Fire accept you right? So looking back why do you think Fire was freaking out? I have a theory and that is that he was legit confused.

Exactly.

I think I asked why he would get freaked out not whether he was freaked out.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:47 pm

It means once people see that I can basically copy past my town meta as scum that I will have to find new ways for people to trust my town meta again until in turn I do that as scum and the process starts over again. Ofc I want to keep getting better as well because I am always looking to improve by both adding things to my play and pruning my play to only necessary actions, but this takes time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”