(3): Medea the Alien, Kuroko Network, Muki
ZeL1nK2
(1): Konowa
Konowa
(1): Fluff Central
Klingoncelt
(1): Aneninen

Not Voting
(9): BRantz, Ika Zaru, ProHawk, LynxKuroneko, Tammy, ZeL1nK2, Klingoncelt, Kamigami, Luna Fox

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline: October 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-10-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Medea the Alien is v/la until Monday, Sept. 21
Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 211, Aneninen wrote:I haven't had time to read anything yet and I don't think it'll happen before this evening, but Hi, Everyone!

VOTE: Klingonette

Jolan Tru!

Hi, Anen!

I just got here, reading through.

26 pages on the very first day? It's gonna be a long game.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Oil Tycoons
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Oil Tycoons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Oil Tycoons »

In post 647, Kamigami wrote:It has actual content, though, just obfuscated in a kind of silly way.

It does! And I like it!
Fire is bad for business.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 200, fferyllt wrote:
VC 1.8

"I don't really believe in palm readers and crystal balls and tarot cards, but I respond to the need for them."
- Stephan Jenkins

LynxKuroneko
(2): Wall of Fire, Tammy
Oil Tycoons
(2): Wisdom, Konowa
Wisdom
(1): Medea the Alien
Konowa
Fluff Central
(1): Oil Tycoons
Luna Fox
(1): Kuroko Network

Not Voting
(13): BRantz, Ika Zaru, AJ the Epic, Idiocy, Aneninen, ProHawk, LynxKuroneko, Perpetual Nonsense, ZeL1nK2, Klingoncelt, Muki, Kamigami, Luna Fox

Mod Notes:

Players who have not yet confirmed have 48 hours to post before I'll search for replacements.

I'm fed up with you. You've yet to post anything even vaguely town and you don't seem to be showing any intention of doing so in the future.

It's almost like you have this air about you as though you're not even part of the game. It's like you're looking down on all of us because you think you know more than us.

In post 201, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 198, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 164, Ika Zaru wrote:oil tycone can diein a damn fire for all icare

Fire is bad for business.

This made me giggle, i like you ^_^

The use of #BF0080 here seems town. The use of ^_^ seems scummy. I'm conflicted about this post.

In post 202, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:I thought this was a micro game like Tarot I
Cheeeeese
Monterey jack

Ahahahahahaha
A hahahahaha
Hahaha

Ah...

Hahaha....

Thank you for your solid contributions to the game thus far, Perpetual Nonsense. I only fear that you're making yourself such a high priority night kill now, with how town you're being. Please, if there's a doctor in this game, please protect Perpetual Nonsense, for surely the scum team will want to rid us of our voices of reason.

In post 203, Tammy wrote:
In post 194, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 186, Tammy wrote:I thought that

a) trains are interesting?

b) saying burn, burn, burn does inspire you with a bunch of confidence to plop down a vote???

I entered the thread with fire is bad for business, I was the one who placed the vote on you. Syryana is train boy. My first priority this game was very much going to be you

And while I didn't really mind the burn burn burn post I thought you would really want to get town here based on situations and Syryana and so your opening would have a bit more RAWR to it, which seemed to be lacking.

Oh. Just because there are things I'm trying to process and figure out doesn't mean I don't want to indicate to you that I am town.

Again, I'm reading this response in a very, very flat tone and that worries me.

In post 204, Fluff Central wrote:
In post 195, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 193, Fluff Central wrote:Hey Bert, where's your mind at so far?

Do you have any opinions so far or are you just going to ask a bunch of people what they think about nothing and then do nothing with the information you've gained?

Vote: Fluff Central

I'm also voting you because you didn't call me town.

I do have opinions. None that I care to voice currently, for reasons you should probably understand, because it should be obvious knowing me who I would prioritize getting out of the way in reads this game. The reason I asked about the lynx wagon is I was wary of a lyncher. On further reflection, I realized that mastin and ceph wouldn't need to commit something like that, so the way they are adamantly pushing the wagon sits wrong with me, and I wanted to see if you agreed.

I think you know as well as I do that I'm not going to commit a read on you this early in the game.

Why do you not care to voice any opinions? Regardless of who you're prioritising sorting, you should be able to form opinions.

In post 205, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 199, Tammy wrote:I feel like I'm being manipulated here though.

But madam you turned over a new leaf! :mad:

:mad:

*twitch*

I cannot tell if this is a good post or a bad post and I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I think Perpetual Nonsense seems to be thinking that there is a problem with the line from Tammy quoted here, and if so then that's at least more town than anything else Perpetual Nonsense has written so far, but the language in this post is not one I'm familiar with so I'm just making rough guesses about what it means.

I think I need an interpreter.

In post 206, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 204, Fluff Central wrote:I was wary of a lyncher.

uh?
is that a thing?

Probably not. A lot of people seem to fear lynchers but they rarely exist in games.

In post 207, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 204, Fluff Central wrote:because it should be obvious knowing me who I would prioritize getting out of the way in reads this game.

I don't know you, so it's not obvious, so can you mention who?

Still not asking the right questions of people, but I don't mind the questioning process itself.

In post 208, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 204, Fluff Central wrote:so the way they are adamantly pushing the wagon sits wrong with me, and I wanted to see if you agreed.

It seems to be very much a Cephrir action and not a mastin action, which is significant to me and will come into play once I see how mastina interacts with the situation she's inherited.

As for now, it's not a concern; I don't think the reasons actually exist that make the Lynx wagon a good one and don't think the majority of the town will follow and so Cephrir will eventually be forced to abandon or explain, and I will analyze the situation when it happens.

Don't understand why you're afraid to voice opinions; explain why to me?

In post 204, Fluff Central wrote:I think you know as well as I do that I'm not going to commit a read on you this early in the game.

That was a joke.
Don't be such a stick in the mud notty :igmeou:

This is the right question to ask and, again, I'm happy with the thought process presented in the way Oil Tycoons is approaching Fluff Central, and I hope if I say this enough times, Oil Tycoons will not see me as a threat and give me a free town read.

One can dream, at least.

In post 209, Tammy wrote:
In post 205, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 199, Tammy wrote:I feel like I'm being manipulated here though.

But madam you turned over a new leaf! :mad:

:mad:

*twitch*

I don't understand the response.

Perhaps we should put an ad out for a Perpetual Nonsense interpreter then, if I'm not the only one with this problem.

In post 210, Tammy wrote:Also Oil Tycoons, can we talk about this usually means that you'll respond if I respond #justsayin

And while we're at it, a Tammy interpreter, too!

In post 211, Aneninen wrote:I haven't had time to read anything yet and I don't think it'll happen before this evening, but Hi, Everyone!

VOTE: Klingonette

Jolan Tru!

Hmm. I'm not really a huge fan of people who feel the need to say they haven't read anything and drop a "random" vote anyway. I should
actually
look into whether this is common behaviour for this player, but I'm not going to because I don't feel like it. Maybe someone else will. Or maybe they won't. Or maybe it doesn't matter a whole lot. Whatever. I don't like this entrance into the game, in short.

In post 212, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 210, Tammy wrote:Also Oil Tycoons, can we talk about this usually means that you'll respond if I respond #justsayin

I was just reading your post now.

I didn't even see the cute post :/

I didn't see any cute posts either. It's like we're twins.

In post 213, Luna Fox wrote:
Vote: fluff

I don't mind this vote. Although I would like to know why it happened where it did.

In post 214, Oil Tycoons wrote:Like I saw you say that you were here and fire didn't mean what you thought it did (did you think it was an ellie goulding thing?) and then I saw you do a bunch of other stuff which made it look like you were less town on me than you were in that post.

I'm just going to assume this is a town post and assume that if I call it a town post, Oil Tycoons won't notice that I'm trying to get on their good side so they think I'm more likely to be town.

In post 215, Fluff Central wrote:It could be how I just got burned by my highest priority to sort, so while they are still my highest priority I'm not committing anything until I've had a chance to think it all through. Next would be Mala, who hasn't actually posted. Then you, then Bert, then Cabd/PA, then Tammy, then mastina.

I don't think we've settled in anywhere near enough to actually be comfortable with a stance on anyone.

If you want me to go into why I haven't committed reads on the above-

pie- .
Mala- hasn't posted.
You- I won't be sharing any time soon.
Bert- I was trying to talk to then got voted
Cabd/pa- All he's done is setup spec, I want to see where his reads fall.
Tammy- I don't really have an excuse for this one.
mastina- I'm not really confident in my ability to read her, plus she hasn't actually posted yet.

I think a lot of the early game has revolved around mechanics and what to share and what not to share and it's not making it easy for me to actually sort anyone.

A big part of it is that I think, and I didn't use forethought, that wagoning you to get out of RVS isn't going to help gain a real bearing on you as you wouldn't flip under pressure, I wouldn't be surprised if you anticipated an early wagon based on the members of the game.

This post is (relatively) large (compared to what else has happened in the game thus far) but it isn't actually saying a lot, nor is it actually addressing any of the issues.

In the first place, the second last paragraph is blatantly false. While I don't believe there's a super-duper-amazing amount of content in the early posts in this game, at MOST 10-15 posts were about what you described (TRUST ME, I'VE READ ALL OF ThE POSTS). Even if we suppose that 50 other posts are void of content and 30 or so are confirmation posts, there's still at least 100 posts that you could have formed some sort of opinion on. Yet you've shared no opinions and seemingly have none on the people outside of the list you presented.

It's not even about being comfortable with stances; no one ever has seriously said they are 100% confident of a read early (I suppose there are a few exceptions to this but that is beside the point). But people are still able to share early thoughts on others despite not necessarily being "comfortable" with the stances. That's how the game progresses. That's how mafia is played.

I really don't like anything about this post (or really anything about Fluff Central's posts so far).

In post 216, Luna Fox wrote:I don't see why one has to prod you for this kind of info instead of you just outing your thoughts.

Exactly.

In post 217, Tammy wrote:
In post 212, Oil Tycoons wrote:

I was just reading your post now.

I didn't even see the cute post :/

That was the best part!

I'm not convinced, but I think this could be a null post.

In post 218, Fluff Central wrote:
In post 216, Luna Fox wrote:I don't see why one has to prod you for this kind of info instead of you just outing your thoughts.

It's clearly because I am scum who has no idea what to do when I get a scum pm in a game full of people close to each other, rather than manipulate my past to snow them.

If anyone is familiar enough with the player in question here, I'd like to know how likely it is a statement like this (or just a statement about being scum) is to come from them as either alignment.

Because the way it's written here and the circumstances under which it was written (which seems to be an attempt at shaking off pressure by doing something contrary to what you'd think is common sense here) are actually concerning to me. It's hard to properly explain exactly what my issue with the way it's written is (because I don't think jesting about being a bad guy is scummy itself, but I think it certainly can be under the right conditions), but I really don't like this post (on top of all the other things I dislike about Fluff Central so far).

Actually, I would just like to hear the opinions of anyone who thinks they're familiar enough with Fluff Central that they can read them well.

In post 219, Tammy wrote:
In post 214, Oil Tycoons wrote:Like I saw you say that you were here and fire didn't mean what you thought it did (did you think it was an ellie goulding thing?) and then I saw you do a bunch of other stuff which made it look like you were less town on me than you were in that post.

What I thought it was doesn't matter. Why would you even care if I didn't have you as solid town though???

I don't think that's what Oil Tycoons was saying - it seems more like they were saying that you seemed to come in with a read of a particular strength and that the read seemed to wane for whatever reason.

In post 220, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Let me rephrase that, maam!

Tammy is EASILY MANIPULATED.

Yowza!!!

And it turns out that I was entirely wrong in my interpretation of that post and Perpetual Nonsense goes back to having said absolutely nothing worth reading. Awesome! I can already tell this is going to be a really fun game!

In post 221, Tammy wrote:
In post 218, Fluff Central wrote:

It's clearly because I am scum who has no idea what to do when I get a scum pm in a game full of people close to each other, rather than manipulate my past to snow them.

Thanks for the scum claim!

VOTE: fluff central

How familiar are you with Fluff Central and is this a serious vote based on prior knowledge?

In post 222, Luna Fox wrote:I dont understand why you're getting all snarky and sarcastic with me, from my PoV if you're town you can be honest with your thoughts instead of keeping them hidden, so i don't see why you didnt want to out your opinions before.

This actually, more or less, hits the nail on the head with regards to Fluff Central's post, actually. I also don't really understand where the snark/sarcasm came from and I don't think it was unreasonable to ask someone to share opinions. And I think the fact that I don't really understand where the snark/sarcasm is coming from is probably the biggest issue I have with it.

In post 223, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Hi notscience! 8 hydras...I'm not sure if I should Get all cried out or climb another mountain

In post 224, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Another mountain it is! There are no mountains beneath US!

There are no boundaries!

Two very good posts to finish this page on.

Maybe... Maybe if I use reverse psychology...

PLEASE, SCUM, DON'T PRIORITISE A NIGHT KILL ON PERPETUAL NONSENSE. PERPETUAL NONSENSE IS A VERY VALUABLE ASSET IF TOWN AND WE WILL SURELY BE LOST WITHOUT THEM.

On to page ten shortly.
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

I am not reading these anymore.
Skill in arms attained these princes from a Brahman warrior bold,
Drona, priest and proud preceptor, peerless chief of days of old!
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Kamigami »

Skim heavily, they really aren't bad posts.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I just read the last one, i liked it.
Kuroko Network
Kuroko Network
Goon
Kuroko Network
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Kuroko Network »

In post 612, Kamigami wrote:I don't really see anything that I strongly associate with his scumplay. I don't think your point is especially compelling, and it seems like his initial vote was to feel out something that he developed a stronger opinion on based on your response.

I think the sheer fact he's done nothing and needs to "feel out" something in the first place is indicative of his scum play. In my experience with him as town, he doesn't hesitate to latch onto the smallest thing as soon as he sees it and start hard pushing it. As just the most recent example, AP's micro where he pushed ETL straight out the gate based on what he perceived as a PT slip; it was fairly obvious that he was attempting to convince people of what he saw and attempting to get as many votes on her as possible. As another, Touhou Makai where me and him strongarmed the shit out of everything the majority of the game.

From what I've seen, that kind of play is what is most definitive of his town game. On the other hand, his scum game is drastically more passive and reactive, and when he *does* push something, it feels half-hearted, as if he's just doing it for the sake of doing it. I think that if he was town here, and had an "unsure" read on us, there would be a lot more active questioning of our posts and there'd be a far more noticeable effort to attempt to refine the read other way. What he did here was park his vote on us, despite apparently not even thinking we were scum (which he did say), and then leave said vote there without any engagement with us the entire time until I came in and started pushing him. The only attempt to sort through us was , which he doesn't seem to be pushing anymore and hasn't seemed to reach a conclusion on either way. Which, surprise, reads more like he's pushing stuff for the sake of it rather than actually believing what we're saying.

I also don't really feel comfortable saying that scum are sitting there because they have no idea how to react to my wagon; I think if scum saw a significant amount of early suspicion on me, they would be perfectly fine with jumping on it. I also think there's still a fair amount of people who haven't had much of a chance to catch up in full and develop an opinion either way on it.

Supposing that you're correct to say my wagon is town driven and scum have no idea how to react to it, who would you be looking at for scum?
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Kamigami »

Fluff is a person of interest if that's correct.

I'm also not crazy about muki regardless of wagon composition.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

In post 654, Wall of Fire wrote:I am not reading these anymore.

CEPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This support is finally on a computer for the first time in this game, and WE could not be happier
OR more complete
OR more fulfilled!
HOOOOOOOOOOORAY!

WE are proud of saying that and have nothing to be ashamed of! TAKE THAT, whoever that person who is writing endless walls that have OUR sarcasm meter going ring a ling a linging!!!!! perhaps OUR posts have galvanized you, person who is WALLE-ING), and so WE have inspired your "THIS IS SPARTA" type herculean efforts to outdo OUR unbearable posts, so congratulations, person who writes endless walls! Well done! So proud to pass on this BEAUTY of a torch - you are the best torchbearer WE could ever SEEN in OUR life!
Torch 4 Lyfe! <33333333333333333 So Drone On, friend. BE SEEIN YA!

:good: :good:
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:18 pm

[dem walls give mwah (US) an excuse-say mwah to NOT read this jibber jabber! LOVE THIS GAME! WUB
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

In post 492, Oil Tycoons wrote:The only reason I asked Tammy is because it was just something that seemed really town at time; I would post and argue with Tammy for a while and then Bert would call me charismatic and slimy. I think it would be really ballsy of him to whisper in Tammy's ear mid-argument and I wasn't sure if that translated when reading back.

BS meter

Len Goodman?

TEN!!!!!!!!!
There is only Us
Kamigami
Kamigami
Goon
Kamigami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Kamigami »

In post 658, Kamigami wrote:Fluff is a person of interest if that's correct.

I'm also not crazy about muki regardless of wagon composition.

Could be as simple as wisdom-scum. Who do you think makes sense as a theoretical wisdom-partner?
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

Hi Bert!

I've missed you.
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

In post 655, Kamigami wrote:Skim heavily, they really aren't bad posts.

From the ones I did skim, I find his trajectories disturbingly static.
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

Granted, my reading was primarily narcissistic.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:25 pm

I missed you when you were in non-Dr. evil form! IF you're not currently EVE ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, then it feels like CHRISTMAS again because that how long it been!! May I ASK what form are you in? <3
There is only Us
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:34 pm

In post 58, Oil Tycoons wrote:BERT!

OHMYGODHOWAREYOU

Hey mate. WE are doing GREAT! HOW ABOUT YOURSELF
WE haven't missed you because you were here for such a short time, it's like YOU were never here! No worries, that is not a problem. I will pretend WE have met before!

:twisted:
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 pm

@Ceph Your response is currently being processed!
There is only Us
Fluff Central
Fluff Central
Goon
Fluff Central
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Fluff Central »

The fact that ZeL isn't even addressing recent posts either makes it confirmed a PR or confirmed he's just fucking with us.
hydra of bins & notscience
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 225, notscience wrote:What an inventive reason to vote me.

pedit-

Hi Bert! I think for the most part it shouldn't be too rough, I think we'll probably end up sorting out which (if any) of us drew scum between all of us.

In post 226, Fluff Central wrote:
In post 225, notscience wrote:What an inventive reason to vote me.

pedit-

Hi Bert! I think for the most part it shouldn't be too rough, I think we'll probably end up sorting out which (if any) of us drew scum between all of us.

This will probably seem like nitpicking (on top of perhaps confirmation bias) but the "if any" part here doesn't sit particularly well with me. The odds of there being no bad guys among the hydrae is pretty dang low, and while it could have been added as a precautionary thing (since it's not
necessarily
the case that there's scum among the hydrae), it just feels overly conscious.

In post 227, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:That's fine and dandy candy lAnd
Harder part is the convincing people about it part, ahem
SQuiggle!

I can tell the bad guys are shaking in the boots at the thought of having Perpetual Nonsense alive past day one.

In post 228, Tammy wrote:I'm totes ummmmmm original!

I'm currently pondering whether this is a lie coming from a bad guy or an innocent joke. It is very hard to tell. It would be nice if you could indicate whether or not you're being serious in your posts because people might get the wrong idea.

In post 229, Luna Fox wrote:Tammy's vote is giving me weird vibes, maybe im wrong?

I don't think it's necessarily the case that only one or the other could be a bad guy, but I do understand the apprehension.

Also, mostly unrelated to this post in particular but my initial thought about this game is that it's really unlikely all three of Kuroko Network, Fluff Central and Tammy are town and this isn't just a random group of three people. There are things going on in this game that I think I'm just registering subconsciously right now, but those three slots are giving me concern. I think it's probably unlikely they're all bad guys but I wouldn't be surprised if 1-2 baddies are in that mix.

In post 230, fferyllt wrote:
VC 1.9

Debbie visited a psychic of some local repute. In a dark and gloomy room, gazing at the tarot cards laid out before her, the tarot reader delivered the bad news:

"There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just be blunt - prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."

Visibly shaken, Jennifer stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands. She took a few deep breaths to compose herself.

She simply had to know. She met the tarot reader's gaze, steadied her voice, and asked:

"Will I get away with it?"

Fluff Central
(3): Oil Tycoons, Luna Fox, Tammy
Oil Tycoons
(2): Wisdom, Konowa
Wisdom
(1): Medea the Alien
Konowa
LynxKuroneko
(1): Wall of Fire
Klingoncelt
(1): Aneninen
Luna Fox
(1): Kuroko Network

Not Voting
(11): BRantz, Ika Zaru, AJ the Epic, Idiocy, ProHawk, LynxKuroneko, Perpetual Nonsense, ZeL1nK2, Klingoncelt, Muki, Kamigami

Mod Notes:

Players who have not yet confirmed have 48 hours to post before I'll search for replacements.

You broke your page-top post-restriction! Or maybe you never really had one to begin with. Hmm.

In post 231, Tammy wrote:you're wrong!

Very compelling argument.

In post 232, Luna Fox wrote:

What did you think the "maybe im wrong?" meant

Very compelling question.

In post 233, Tammy wrote:I just can't help being that suspicious third vote on a wagon!

that's what I've decided. My favorite number is three, so I'm not going to vote on a wagon unless I can be third :P

...I might be a little tipsy right now, don't mind me.

In post 234, Tammy wrote:
In post 232, Luna Fox wrote:

What did you think the "maybe im wrong?" meant

I don't know what you're asking me. You said maybe you're wrong about it giving you bad vibes; I'm agreeing with you that it's wrong.

Hmm. It is mildly interesting that you're both interpreting the "maybe I'm wrong" thing incorrectly as well as being overly conscious about what could be wrong with your vote. I'm undecided whether I should be reading too deeply into this right now but it doesn't make me feel good about you.

In post 235, Luna Fox wrote:the "maybe im wrong" was related to my vote on fluff, since you're voting there and you're saying im wrong im guessing you misunderstood.
Also if there's something about me you guys don't understand please ask, i rather not be misunderstood.

I don't think if was that hard to figure out what you were saying. Which is actually part of what gives me pause about Tammy's responses. The problem is, even if I were to come to a conclusion about this and think it meant something about Tammy's alignment, it would probably be brushed off as her being "tipsy" or any other in a long list of possible excuses that could be made for that.

In post 236, Fluff Central wrote:Tammy, you were grilling OT pretty hard and then took the opportunity to vote me without actually pressing me for anything.

Why?

I don't think this is an unreasonable question and I don't mind this post, actually. I think it actually makes me feel slightly better about Fluff Central, all things considered. Not so much that I'd be willing to call this a town post, but this is a very well-composed post if they're actually scum.

In post 237, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 215, Fluff Central wrote:I don't think we've settled in anywhere near enough to actually be comfortable with a stance on anyone.

That doesn't mean that you can't express stances.

In post 215, Fluff Central wrote:I think a lot of the early game has revolved around mechanics and what to share and what not to share and it's not making it easy for me to actually sort anyone.

A big part of it is that I think, and I didn't use forethought, that wagoning you to get out of RVS isn't going to help gain a real bearing on you as you wouldn't flip under pressure, I wouldn't be surprised if you anticipated an early wagon based on the members of the game.

A very tiny chunk was Cabd and Kagami doing their setup thing together. Another, sizable chunk, was me making a push on Tammy and then retracting it later; what did you think of that? What do you think of the way she reacted? What do you think of how I'm approaching you? What do you think of our expressed towntell on Konowa?

In post 219, Tammy wrote:Why would you even care if I didn't have you as solid town though???

Because I thought our opening was very very jazzy and I was excited for you to see it and be like "wow look at how town they are!" and instead you said our push on you was meh.

Oh. Well, whatever. Just going to point out that I, once again, agree with most of the stuff Oil Tycoon is writing here. We can be BFFs or something. Maybe we can have a sleepover some time and braid each other's hair and stuff.

In post 238, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 233, Tammy wrote:I just can't help being that suspicious third vote on a wagon!

that's what I've decided.
My favorite number is three, so I'm not going to vote on a wagon unless I can be third :P

...I might be a little tipsy right now, don't mind me.

That's the most manipulative thing I have ever seen or heard in my life
I cannot believe my eyes, what I just seen

Any who....WE will talk and this support should be silent for a while (Monday mornin, folks) WE suppose...

:)

Oh, goodie! I cannot wait to see the content you produce next week! If it's anything like your previous posts, I'm expecting great things!! There simply aren't enough exclamation marks in the world to possibly express how much I'm looking forward to it!!!

In post 239, Kuroko Network wrote:
vote: Fluff Central

I don't like the attempt at discrediting town reads on Kamikagami because he outed role information in his previous scum game, for a few reasons. The only reason he even played that way as scum was because he decided to go balls out yolo and do something insane just for the sake of doing something insane. Kamikagami's is also fundamentally different from his play in that game in that her information serves to clear people whereas his didn't, which is more likely to come from town than scum as scum usually don't go searching for ways people can potentially be cleared. I don't believe he'd think what Kamikagami did was the same thing he did in that game, and I don't believe he'd Kamikagami, or anyone else for that matter, would do the same thing he did in that game in any other game.

I don't like him spec'ing a lyncher in the game when this is a upick and upicks are plain town vs. scum almost 100% of the time.

I haven't minded Tammy or PN's posts so far.

I'm tossing up whether I think this vote is coming from a place of genuine concern or a place of wanting to come up with an original reason to justify the vote and then over-explaining it so as to appear town. Coincidentally, this is yet another post that ties into what I shall henceforth name the Trinity of Concerning Players.

I don't think the reasoning is necessarily wrong, per se. I just think it's half making a mountain out of a mole hill and half long-winded and probably entirely unnecessary over-explanation.

The second last paragraph here is something I
really, _really_
dislike for a number of reasons.

I also don't really understand where the Tammy and Perpetual Nonsense reads are coming from, nor why they were an addendum to this post.

In post 240, Oil Tycoons wrote:One reason that I don't like your Cephrir push which I didn't express before was how it was a shallow comparison to your push on Spicer in Disney uPick; you claimed concrete role information which is why the wagon exploded in a really stupid way. Cephrir didn't, nor is it in his style of scum play to do so (although this second point is much less significant than the first).

I'm going to assume this means something. I'm going to call it town despite not understanding who it's referring to or what it actually means. And I'm going to hope that nobody calls me out on my incessant buddying of Oil Tycoons.

In post 241, Wall of Fire wrote:
In post 36, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 34, Wall of Fire wrote:Also, we maaaaaaaaaaaay suffer a lil' bit of dissonance. No QT, no PT, no chat, we're kinda winging it at the moment. For instance, I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay already have something impulsive in mind...
Why did you decide to go with this strategy?
Well we have a PT now, but it's not really that we decided to go with a strategy, so much as...well, that's what happened. Ceph warned me before the game began that he's pretty bad about correspondence, and when he didn't immediately make a topic, I just made the assumption he wouldn't. (He...sort-of did? By repurposing an old one, I think.)

Unpopular opinion: Oil Tycoons are actually scum.

/4.

Seeing as this is based on posts that I'm assuming are prior to or on page four, I'd like to see an explanation for the Oil Tycoons opinion.

In post 242, Tammy wrote:OOOOOHHHHHHH

Luna Fox might be town probably is.

I'm town Luna, so you don't have to feel weird about any wagon I'm on. In fact, I have no scum reads right now at all and am shooting random blanks, so!

What about Luna Fox's posts (presumably the ones on page 10) made you feel this if you didn't already feel this?

In post 243, Ika Zaru wrote:notty is confirmed not reading

In post 244, Ika Zaru wrote:also i need to get wit mala later and sync with her. i am wondering how she want o talke our hydra dynamics

I'm blown away by the content you're producing. Keep on trucking!

In post 245, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 241, Wall of Fire wrote:
In post 36, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 34, Wall of Fire wrote:Also, we maaaaaaaaaaaay suffer a lil' bit of dissonance. No QT, no PT, no chat, we're kinda winging it at the moment. For instance, I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay already have something impulsive in mind...
Why did you decide to go with this strategy?
Well we have a PT now, but it's not really that we decided to go with a strategy, so much as...well, that's what happened. Ceph warned me before the game began that he's pretty bad about correspondence, and when he didn't immediately make a topic, I just made the assumption he wouldn't. (He...sort-of did? By repurposing an old one, I think.)

Unpopular opinion: Oil Tycoons are actually scum.

/4.

Unpopular AND terrible!

Don't be so harsh on yourself.

In post 246, Tammy wrote:
In post 236, Fluff Central wrote:Tammy, you were grilling OT pretty hard and then took the opportunity to vote me without actually pressing me for anything.

Why?

I was grilling them hard, what?

I think it is a reasonable opinion to have that you've been interacting with Oil Tycoons in a way that's been at least somewhat hostile. Post number 199 is a good example of this.

In post 247, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 242, Tammy wrote:OOOOOHHHHHHH

Luna Fox might be town probably is.

I'm town Luna, so you don't have to feel weird about any wagon I'm on. In fact, I have no scum reads right now at all and am shooting random blanks, so!

I agree, although I don't know what the OOOOHHHHHHH is about.

Right. This, too. The "OOOHHH" makes it seem like you just came to a sudden realisation. I don't really understand how page 10 was what gave you this sudden realisation.

In post 248, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 239, Kuroko Network wrote:
vote: Fluff Central

I don't like the attempt at discrediting town reads on Kamikagami because he outed role information in his previous scum game, for a few reasons. The only reason he even played that way as scum was because he decided to go balls out yolo and do something insane just for the sake of doing something insane. Kamikagami's is also fundamentally different from his play in that game in that her information serves to clear people whereas his didn't, which is more likely to come from town than scum as scum usually don't go searching for ways people can potentially be cleared. I don't believe he'd think what Kamikagami did was the same thing he did in that game, and I don't believe he'd Kamikagami, or anyone else for that matter, would do the same thing he did in that game in any other game.

I don't like him spec'ing a lyncher in the game when this is a upick and upicks are plain town vs. scum almost 100% of the time.

I haven't minded Tammy or PN's posts so far.

You don't have a read on us yet?

Do you think this would be concerning if that was the case?

In post 249, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 242, Tammy wrote:In fact, I have no scum reads right now at all and am shooting random blanks, so!

I'm more or less here, except i have some suspicion on fluff.
I normally have an easier time getting townreads anyway so im not too worried about not having any solid scumreads yet.

It is early days, I would be surprised if anyone had solid reads of any sort at this point. Especially since a substantial portion of the game hasn't really chimed in yet.

Give it time, young one.

And that's my five pages done today.

Back tomorrow, beginning with page eleven.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 pm

In post 671, Fluff Central wrote:The fact that ZeL isn't even addressing recent posts either makes it confirmed a PR or confirmed he's just fucking with us.

OUR gut believes it's the latter! What about your Gut? It's like he summoned some cinematic inspiration to help him overcome his fears of playing scum! That is IF he's scum! In that case it would be very statesman-like and BOLD! Brave young lad this person must be! WE hope to earn his well-earned respect he receives one day! :cool:
There is only Us
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Goon
Wall of Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Wall of Fire »

It's Zelink. He's definitely fucking with us.

Wrathful sons of Dhrita-rashtra, born of Kuru's royal race,

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”