Open 608: Jungle Republic - A jungle is conquered(game over)

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Vedith »

VOTE: Titus

You didn't read my comment on Wanderer, or you are trying to manipulate it.
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Titus: Are you deliberately being obtuse? What are you trying to gain from that?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 500, Vedith wrote:VOTE: Titus

You didn't read my comment on Wanderer, or you are trying to manipulate it.

Okay?

Granted Titus could be mafia, I just don't see WW.

Are we not trying to lynch WW first?
Whats our objective today?
Lynching Mafia or WW, I can work with either but we need to be uniform on this.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I just want to lynch scum. It would be nice if we caught the ww asap so we have less kills, however, ww can also kill goons. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... e_Republic

Firebringer, how do you know who is ww and who is mafia?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 503, Wanderer-nl wrote:I just want to lynch scum. It would be nice if we caught the ww asap so we have less kills, however, ww can also kill goons. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... e_Republic

Firebringer, how do you know who is ww and who is mafia?

Cause obviously I am mafia.

What a loaded question lol.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Firebringer, are you holding a grudge? If you are, can you please just ignore me instead of being an ass?
If you're scum; do continue.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 505, Wanderer-nl wrote:Firebringer, are you holding a grudge? If you are, can you please just ignore me instead of being an ass?
If you're scum; do continue.

I don't hold grudges.

Each game is unique, holding grudges doesn't help you scumhunt.

If this was RVS, I might vote you if I was mad, but anger blinds you. I objectively think you are WW.

So yeah, not motivated by any anger.
Show

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I forget a lot of my reads and I've been away for ages, so time for a COMPLETE READ REBOOT.

Klick/St. Constantine

Unless I'm really missing something, St. Constantine hasn't posted, in which case this read will be based entirely on Klick's posts/interactions etc. I do remember having a scumread on this slot and that may carry over slightly, though I'm going to try and give this a ~new look~ as much as I possibly can.

First impression is that the slot's less likely to be on the same team as Idiot Savant. Could be a bus I guess, but the suspicion occurs really early and is quite forceful. I would absolutely not be ruling this out in a single team set-up as that kind of thing happens all the time, but in multiball there is so much less incentive to bussing just because you aren't going to be cleared from it (doesn't matter if you're lynched because town thought you were the other team, you're still dead scum).

There's nothing significant between Klick and Jazz/Anti.

Now onto Klick.

He's the kind of player that I've seen look very town early on. And back in ~2012 when we played a few games together he was always that scum that I had the biggest most embarrassing townread on. I don't think his early game here is auto-scum, but nor does it make it less likely for me.

The thing that concerned me most before and concerns me looking over the posts again now, is his incredibly weak townread on me and no real satisfactory response to the criticisms. It deviates from what I would expect from Klick (a very cautious townread and not the inflated confidence seen here) as he has reason to be distrustful of me just as I do of him. As was explained a number of times, the townread on me did have flaws, and just as with my answer of who I find threatening as scum, he townreads me from my interaction around the IS wagon as well, which again feels weak and possibly looking for reasons to read me as town rather than the other way around. Since there's only one werewolf slot left I'm still hesitant with this scumread and I don't know where my other reads will end up at this stage.

Shaddowez

I don't like how he compares himself to vedith in and again in . It feels very self-conscious. is also very much focused on ~content~ and is almost nitpicky. It's the whole "My content is not quite as bad as yours!!!" argument that I'm not sure would seem worth making to town?

Note: He has Jazz as a second suspect but doesn't follow up on it so I'm seeing werewolf as less likely than mafia but still possible.

Where's the Jazz read in ?

The IS vote was fairly late (), so I'm not taking that really into account. What's interesting here though is that post mentions myk's post as an influence in his move onto the wagon despite scumreading myk before and no previous stated read on IS that I can see from my quick skim. (221 mentions little to no case). This makes me suspicious of shaddow making an artificial decision that he's going to bus IS as the progression and stated reason in 345 considering previous posts (e.g. 221) doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I think shaddow is mafia. Werewolf not outside the realm of possibility though.

Hayato

I have a decent townread on him. Will explain if anyone's interested or people suspect him for some reason though running out of time and I want to get at least a couple more reads up so if I say anything it will be later.

Vedith

I actually find him super town reading through him again. Again one of those explain later if anyone cares reads. I'll feel awful if I was right before and wrong now, but I don't think so?

MarioManiac/Not_Mafia

Ok, I have no clue. Will probably end up being a PoE read.

Wanderer and Firebringer were vaguely townish reads for me before so I'm going to go with that until I have the time to go over them.

I feel good about this read though. I'm much more interested in lynching who I think is most likely scum than aiming for the werewolf (unless we have good reason such as seer result to believe that someone is).

VOTE: shaddowez

I don't know when I'll next have the chance to work on reads but hopefully around this time tomorrow. Sorry everyone for being so checked out. This will hopefully be my epic comeback.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Titus »

We lynch scum, no matter who it is first. Having WW alive increases cross kill odds so a mafia could die at night. WW lynch just means no more kills. Also WW alive means the seer an PoE the game.

Wow, my two mafia suspects immediately doubtcast me after I say they're scum together. :/
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Vedith »

Titus calm down, you know that me and Wanderer are going to target anyone who opposes us.

@Wanderer - Was an issue for you? You disliked my comment/defending on IS, but I don't recall you ever commenting on this one?
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 508, Titus wrote:We lynch scum, no matter who it is first. Having WW alive increases cross kill odds so a mafia could die at night. WW lynch just means no more kills. Also WW alive means the seer an PoE the game.

Wow, my two mafia suspects immediately doubtcast me after I say they're scum together. :/

Who are your two mafia suspects?
Vedith?
Show

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 509, Vedith wrote:Titus calm down, you know that me and Wanderer are going to target anyone who opposes us.

@Wanderer - Was an issue for you? You disliked my comment/defending on IS, but I don't recall you ever commenting on this one?

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of that. I think I said somewhere Hayato was scum already, but my priority has been with Savant. The long waits have made me forget a bunch that happened in this game. You once asked me what you flipping town would tell me, and I had an answer to that and I forgot (I still wouldn't tell before the flip though)

@Vedith: Why was Savant town? You never answered.

@Titus: you didn't answer my , please do.

I'll read back in full tomorrow, I'm too tired for it now.

Dear mod, Can you please do some proddings? Hayato hasn't posted here in 17 days! Also, can you update the alive/dead lists? Thanks!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Vedith »

Wanderer - He wasn't he flipped scum.
But if you mean why did I find him town? Then it's just because of gut readings and the fact the wagon was so easy on him both days.
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I don't count that first wagon because those early wagons usually tend to run fast anyway. If IS was so easy, why did it take 2 Days for them to get lynched?
Did a little backchecking. I think you could have been the counterwagon to Savant. I also think it could have been fueled by Hayato (that exact post you quoted earlier). However, this is multiball so it doesn't clear you in any way. I still think you could be a goon as you can't explain your townread on Savant and also never tried to counter my scumread there, while I was a big pusher to their lynch. It's just weird to me.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Vedith »

Wanderer, you are just digging with a fork right now.
Can we not save this little argument until tonight when it's in our own thread?
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Ok my mind is really messing up right now because I'm just thinking of something. I need to stop posting before I catch up and have a proper thought about everything because right now I feel like goons should be on the Vedith wagon so in that sense Vedith is likely not mafia. I never ruled out WW though...
Vedith, what history do you have with Anti?

PEdit: I just don't know how to respond to that.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

And btw, I used to eat soup with a fork so do you think I care if I dig with one? :P
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Vedith »

I've got 3 ongoing games, 1 with him, 1 with his Hydrah and this one.
Apart from that I've not had too much interaction with him.
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Only ongoings, that's not going to help me much..
It should be obvious where I'm going with this; your friendly interactions with Anti. I don't want to scumread you over that because I literally asked him to help me lynch Savant when he replaced in, but it did make me wonder how well you two know each other. Since it involves ongoings I won't go there.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Vedith »

If one ends anytime I'll let you know. :)
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

So Wanderer if you are not WW who is?
Mind answering that pls?
Show

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 511, Wanderer-nl wrote:Dear mod, Can you please do some proddings? Hayato hasn't posted here in 17 days!

Gotcha. I missed chance to prod with days ending suddenly. I will see what I can do.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I'm not liking the fact that there's absolutely no counter wagon to Wanderer. If nothing else that gives me a slight town read, as scum and WW are both willing to get on any wagon that's not their own faction. I still don't believe anybody gave me a case on her either from my question in , only FB responding and telling me to vote Wanderer.

In post 496, Titus wrote:Vedith seems awfully concerned about lynching WW only.

VOTE: Vedith

I am thinking Wanderer and Vedith as mafia. WW TBD.
If you see them both as scum, why wouldn't you vote the one that already had a decent sized wagon?

Wanderer
- What reads do you have? You haven't placed a vote yet toDay, which is odd considering how much finger pointing you seem to be doing.
V/LA on Weekends
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by Vedith »

We should make Titus the second wagon!
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Hi shaddowez, did you read my ? All the fingerpointing I'm doing? That makes it look like I have a multitude of suspects and not voting any of them while really I only have 1 real suspect currently, and I'm sceptical of Titus. I'm not caught up enough yet to make a good vote.

Firebringer, didn't you just read that I thought the counterwagon on Vedith when Savant was wagoned Day 1 made him not a goon, and as such maybe a ww. I should reread Vedith vs Anti, I should also reread Anti, I'll have to reread Savant as well. I will basically have to reread everything and I've been sick and busy over the weekend (while sick, yes, working at a music festival and then not getting to party because I don't feel good really sucks) I'll make a start of it in a few mins.

Return to “Completed Open Games”