rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:45 am

Post by rOver »

vote:genku

So we had 2 kills one of them mafia the other SK. I wonder if that means that we have only one family or our doc got lucky.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:39 am

Post by rOver »

I have an idea. I think we should bandawgon the silent ones a bit.
confirm: genku
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:03 pm

Post by rOver »

Wacky wrote:At this stage in the game isn't better to REPLACE the silent ones a bit, r0ver?
Well I hope to scare genku into posting something if he's around ;)
And I really wouldn't mind if we eventually lynched someone who posts very little but more than the absolute minimum required by the rules. That is unless we find something better.
And coming out with information probably isn't a good idea day 1 according to some players - I'm not entirely sure why it is but it may have to do with sanity/competence.
I agree with that. Problem is that the mafia won't tell that they are mafia while the docs and cops will probably reveal their role. So we get nothing (except maybe one investigation result) and the bad guys get all the information they need.
Ideas are good though.

Alternatively just do what we'll probably end up doing and bandwagon the first person to make a mistake :)
Probably true. But with some people posting close to nothing it might be difficult to find that mistake.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:18 am

Post by rOver »

genku noone thinks you are scum just becouse your computer didn't work for a few days. But your defense is a little strange. I was expecting a less worried answer and more on who do you find suspicious.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:48 am

Post by rOver »

That's better. I don't think you are scum so
unvote:genku
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:24 pm

Post by rOver »

I agree with Talitha, it is very important that we lynch a bad guy today. Of course getting the SK would be best since it would mean we get one less kills tomorrow.
It would be nice to hear from GC (and everyone else too) but we might have some other clues too. I feel some people are just too happy to coast along. Anyway let's try and get Green Crayons in to the discussion too and then maybe we can come up with more substantial votes.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:35 am

Post by rOver »

Also FOS: r0ver. Killing an SK as a goal sounds somehow wrong [...]
Well, I did give an explanation. So either you agree with it or not. If not you should be able to explain why. Though it's mostly irrelevant since we can't tell SKs from mafia so we'll end up lynching whoever we find "suspicious".
plus you haven't really said anything.
Well, I said we should encourage participation with votes. Not a brilliant idea, I admit, but better than random. And I also implied that everyone who is following this strategy without trying to come up with something else is suspicious. Not too much but unfortunately more than what most of us did. Oh and I also tried to explain to
you
why I thoght role-claiming was a bad idea.
However I don't find it obvious that you are scum. If there is an obvious scum around it's Talitha.
Talitha wrote:If he's not scum and we lynch him you'll look pretty bad tomorrow.
This sentence pretty much convinced me that Talitha is scum. She's happy to lynch Wacky today and blame genku for it tomorrow.

unvote:GC
vote:Talitha
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:45 pm

Post by rOver »

Talitha wrote:
well-spotted?
Does it really look like I was trying to hide anything? If I were mafia I would've at least
attempted
to be subtle!
If I really wanted to lynch Wacky and blame genku I would not have pointed out to genku the folly of his ways.
Wrong question. The right question to ask is: "If she was innocent would she have said this?" I think the answer is "Highly unlikely". Really, I'd like to know what were you trying to achive when you said: "If he's not scum and we lynch him you'll look pretty bad tomorrow. "
My vote for Wacky was really to get him to talk some more, and he has done.
I don't find you suspicious becouse you voted Wacky. It's becouse of the comment about genku. You did try to explain it in a previous post but I'm not convinced.

I would like to stress that I'm not sure you are scum. I can't be. But I think it's a pretty good guess.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:03 pm

Post by rOver »

unvote:Talitha
I might actually have been wrong about her.
vote:Wacky
becouse he's jumped on every single bandwagon so far often without telling why.
Moving on, FOS: Someone, for having replaced DP who wasnt killed on night one. However crappy that logic may be, it nevertheless puts some suspicious checks by his name.
GC, DP has actually answered that one already. The protectors have catched up with the killers on the kill good players strategy.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:31 am

Post by rOver »

r0ver: Also suspicious, but AFAIK he's new, isn't he?
Hm. Should I risk it? :) No, I'm not new. I've played a few games already.

Ok guys, I'm sorry I didn't really pay attention last week. With so little participation I couldn't really find anything to react to. I'll try to be a bit more from now on.
Someone wrote:Anyways, his vendetta against genku that spans from page two for a few pages is a bit suspicious, but I'm not sure how to read it. Then, he unvoted, and soon voted for talithia. This vote ended in about the same manner as the vote for genku. This might not be scum, but these are at least mild suspicions.
Vendetta? Come on, I voted him to encourage participation. I never actually wanted to lynch him. I unvoted when he arrived. Or maybe it was earlier when it became obvious that he is silent for some other reason, I don't remember now. Also DP was the first to join my "vendetta" ;)
However I voted Talitha becouse I thought she said something extremely suspicious. But her defense convinced me more or less. She also seems to be one of the more productive players in the game so I would be reluctant to lynch her.
Wacky wrote:3. r0ver. Not quite as short but not much new content in his posts and generally blending in.. Possibly trying to start bandwagons.
Am I the only one to find this paragraph self-contradictory? I mean I'm trying to blend in
and
start bandwagons?
My vote stays for now, not becouse I'm anywhere near convinced that Wacky is scum rather becouse it is as good as anything else.
Maybe if I read throught the thread I'll find something.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:56 pm

Post by rOver »

Talitha: Quite frankly I unvoted you becouse noone joined the bandwagon. It just made me realize that what you weren't so obviously scummy as I thought. Probably a good thing too becouse I was close to the point where I can't be convinced with logic or indeed anything else. ;)

Ok now back to voting. I still feel good about my vote for Wacky. Read some of his previous posts and I actually feel that he sometimes posts becouse he feels he is supposed to. I don't know if it makes any sense. It's almost like a gut feeling, only I know the cause.

I could see nothing like this in Talitha's posts which means that either she is not scum or is much more comfortable with the role than I would be.

genku doesn't look suspicious either though I only reread his posts on the first few pages.

I'm really puzzled about Macros. I mean I can believe that someone is busy and doesn't have the time to play but to actually forget? And for the third time? I prefer not to make a judgement just yet but I really would not mind if he was replaced.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:11 am

Post by rOver »

Wouldn't it be better if we asked mikehart to kill Jinx and then lynched someone else? He offered to kill Xeno I'm sure he would consider killing Jinx. Macros? What do you think?
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:31 am

Post by rOver »

Sorry didn't see Jinx has posted a few times. Anyway it up to six votes so I guess Jinx is dead.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:05 am

Post by rOver »

Talitha wrote:My vote was initially just a bandwagon vote for a roleclaim or something, but if that's not going to happen I'm willing to lynch.
Problem is that some of us are just getting tired of day on. Mini 55 was on day 4 last time I checked and we are still on day one. Obviously lynching Jinx is not the right strategy. Question is are we willing to go on for another week (or more) until we reach a majority or would we rather end this day with a worse than random vote.
I admit I was thinking about voting Jinx just to end this miserable day but that would just help the scum. Worse still some of these scum helped create this situation and now use it as an excuse to kill off someone who is not suspicious at all.
I'm thinking about Macros who completely refused to say anything constructive, posted just enough not to be replaced* and now says he'd rather see this day end. Well, Macros if you had participated this day could have ended a long time ago.

So:
unvote:Wacky
vote:Macros

If we are to lynch someone for non-participation MAros is just a way better candidate than Jinx. Then we can have Jinx mod-killed or replaced if he doesn't show up.
*Actually when I posted that Macros shoul be replaced I thought if he shows up now he is probably scum. I think Macros has been following the game all along and didn't post becouse he thought it was the best way to stay alive.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:45 pm

Post by rOver »

Someone wrote:
Question is are we willing to go on for another week (or more) until we reach a majority or would we rather end this day with a worse than random vote.
How is the bandwaggon worse then random?
I don't think a mafia would keep silent when he needs only one vote to be lynched. I also dn't think a mafia would forget about the game. But then who knows. Make it not better than random if you like.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:37 pm

Post by rOver »

It seems we have reached a stalemate with noone changing their votes for a few days. How about everyone explaining why they felt their choice was justified? I partly did that when I voted Macros. Though Jinx's reappearance was not convincing at all I still believe Macros has been acting suspicios.
Macros, let me ask you something. When was the last time the mod asked you to post more? Was your post on oct 5th a result of proding or was it an exception?
Rite made his case too though from his previous posts I expected something like: "Jinx has more votes so I'll stick with him".
I also find repeating Macros' and Rite's arguments somewhat suspicious but maybe that's becouse I think Wacky is scum anyway.
BTW it looks like both Macros and Jinx has claimed townie so at least we are not killing someone important either way.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:40 pm

Post by rOver »

rOver wrote:I also find repeating Macros' and Rite's arguments somewhat suspicious but maybe that's becouse I think Wacky is scum anyway.
I meant: I also find Wacky's repeating of Macros' and Rite's arguments...
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:18 pm

Post by rOver »

Come on Macros, we want to hear you talk. There's no tomorrow, you know :D No, really if you feel like you have something to tell please tell it, don't just hint. Of course that only applies if you are not scum. If you are scum you say whatever you want.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:37 am

Post by rOver »

genku wrote:Well.. does anyone know where the hell he went?
To be fair with mikehart, he might just have a legitimate reason. I'd rather not judge before he comes back and explains what went wrong. Anyway abandoning the game might be the best option now. I understand that some of us would rather play on ;) but I really don't see a viable alternative.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:26 am

Post by rOver »

I'm skeptical. I think it would quickly turn into a "kill those who wated to continue" game, becouse they are more likely to be scum. I say we abandon and reveal our roles.

vote:abandon
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:29 am

Post by rOver »

I do insist we lynch Macros first, though :D
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:12 am

Post by rOver »

I was a vigilante. I was going to kill Wacky this night. Talitha was more suspicious but I didin't want to kill the most active player in the game :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”