Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Deadline is in 13 hours!
Let's get a hammer!!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 am

Post by SilverWolf »

OK, Let's lynch!!

VOTE: Ciara24
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

I think I saw an unvote but don't remember who that person was voting.
Just in case...
VOTE: Ciara24
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 446, Thor665 wrote:
In post 443, Radja wrote:-Eventi's 300 looks convenient in moving to scumread Ciara: What made you change your mind? Ciara hasn't posted anything and you go from townreading to scumreading her. If Ciara flips town, this might be scum on the wagon.

Why no issue with how Pistach changed his vote?

In post 443, Radja wrote:-Ciara's 420 should have had a claim in it. We're not getting a replacement as the mod posted a VC. 17 hours until deadline. I think we should hammer.

That is a good point, Mod has expressly accepted a v/la till after day deadline from Ciara even though he didn't state so.
I am underwhelmed on multiple fronts.

Pistachion hasn't changed his read, he just voted because of the deadline. Eventi changed his read without stating any reasons and without Ciara posting a single word.
I fail to see your point on the second quote.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 453, Radja wrote:
In post 446, Thor665 wrote:
In post 443, Radja wrote:-Eventi's 300 looks convenient in moving to scumread Ciara: What made you change your mind? Ciara hasn't posted anything and you go from townreading to scumreading her. If Ciara flips town, this might be scum on the wagon.

Why no issue with how Pistach changed his vote?

In post 443, Radja wrote:-Ciara's 420 should have had a claim in it. We're not getting a replacement as the mod posted a VC. 17 hours until deadline. I think we should hammer.

That is a good point, Mod has expressly accepted a v/la till after day deadline from Ciara even though he didn't state so.
I am underwhelmed on multiple fronts.

Pistachion hasn't changed his read, he just voted because of the deadline. Eventi changed his read without stating any reasons and without Ciara posting a single word.
I fail to see your point on the second quote.

If thor flips scum he has a really bad habit of defending his scum team to a certain extent just wanted to get this out in case I die tonight.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 443, Radja wrote:Site was down last night, so I couldn't catch up. Let's see if I can pick this up. I'm going to attempt not making this a big wall post filled with quotes.

-Bella, you mention in #201 you're not seeing Ciara as a scum read. Has this changed at this point?
-Dave's #204 is pretty good.
-Garmr: in 216 you stated you went from townreading to more of a nullread on Nacho. How are you reading him now?
-Eventi: In 219, you only comment on someone attacking your new playstyle, yet you don't mention anything else. Why are you defensive about your style being different, if it's supposed to be better? And why don't you continue playing instead of worrying about how you look?
-KarmicGuide: What's your read on Eventi?
-KarmicGuide: my read on pistachion: I have a slight scumread on him, but I think that's mostly because I disagree with most of what he says. No strong feelings. What about you?
-Gimlear, how are you reading Thor?
-Eventi's 300 looks convenient in moving to scumread Ciara: What made you change your mind? Ciara hasn't posted anything and you go from townreading to scumreading her. If Ciara flips town, this might be scum on the wagon.
-Eventi's 348: Reads haven't changed, votes Ciara. His read did change in 300, without explaining why. I still want that explanation.
-The whole battle of wagons between Thor+Nacho vs Garmr looks like Town trying to get their way.
-gummy's 362: Ciara's wagon got to L-1 very fast? I don't consider 15 pages fast at all... Why are you making this point?
-note to self: not townreading Bella on page 16 yet. Starting to get worried.
-Karmic: why do you think Eventi is a smart player?
-Ciara's 420 should have had a claim in it. We're not getting a replacement as the mod posted a VC. 17 hours until deadline. I think we should hammer.

Actually i went from a scum read to a null read to a town read. I'm currently town reading him.
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 am

Post by eventi »

In post 443, Radja wrote:
-Eventi: In 219, you only comment on someone attacking your new playstyle, yet you don't mention anything else. Why are you defensive about your style being different, if it's supposed to be better? And why don't you continue playing instead of worrying about how you look?
-KarmicGuide: What's your read on Eventi?
-Eventi's 300 looks convenient in moving to scumread Ciara: What made you change your mind? Ciara hasn't posted anything and you go from townreading to scumreading her. If Ciara flips town, this might be scum on the wagon.
-Eventi's 348: Reads haven't changed, votes Ciara. His read did change in 300, without explaining why. I still want that explanation.
-Karmic: why do you think Eventi is a smart player?

When I started this game I was heavily invested in another game and LIFE issues prevented me from playing as much as I would have liked. When I finally got the time to start playing I started rereading and realized that my initial casual reads were way off (as I posted in 300) My initial ciara read was gut, and given a better read, I realized my gut was wrong.
Post 348 was after catching up completely. It wasn't because of Ciara between 300 - 348, but rather 100-348

I was pretty clear in #300 that it was based on my reread
In post 300, eventi wrote:I got through four pages with notes on the train and have to go to work. Based on the first hundred posts, I was wrong abt Ciara

Karma, Nacho and Thor are looking good
Ciara, Garmr bad
And woody still annoying

And then again in 348 I was clear that it was still a catchup

In post 348, eventi wrote:
In post 304, Gimlear wrote:This pretty much summarizes the reasons for the Karmic wagon:

In post 149, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:Most of the things [Karmic] pointed to are things that either weren't true, weren't scummy, or weren't alignment indicative.

Ok I just reread from post 100 and I know Woody said Karmic lied (over and over) but I still don't see what the lie was. I believe Karmic asked, but I didnt see the answer. Are you basing your read on Karmic on your own read or Woody's?

Karmic- what are.you expecting to happen at L-2? Some say you should claim at L-1 but I'm not familiar with any protocol for L-2

I've finished my reread, and my reads haven't changed.

VOTE: ciara
ciara is now at L-1

I wouldn't have placed my vote at 300, since I wasn't caught up.

So - Why are you so concerned with Karmic's opinion of me? Why Karmic specifically?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:23 am

Post by Radja »

You still haven't stated WHY you were scumreading her after rereading. That was actually the entire point.

I have my reasons for wanting to hear from Karmic. I don't see why it matters to you.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Garmr »

^ The last bit In Eventi's post seems like concern about being connected to karmic. It feels like his trying to step in and find a way to intervene. If eventi I think he would be more concerned about why karmic has such a strange read on him rather than trying to fizzle out any connection between him and karmic.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Garmr »

If eventi was town.*
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:47 am

Post by zakk »

EXPERIMENT NOTES 1.18

SUBJECTS ASSERTING AGGRESSIVE ACTIVITY:

Ciara24 [7] Thor665, KarmicGuide, Radja, pistachi0n, Nachomamma8, eventi, SilverWolf

KarmicGuide [3] Garmr, Gimlear, Bellaphant
pistachi0n [2] davesaz, gummmybear
Bellaphant [0]
davesaz [0]
eventi [0]
Garmr [0]
Gimlear [0]
gummmybear [0]
Nachomamma8 [0]
Radja [0]
SilverWolf [0]
Thor665 [0]

SUBJECTS DISPLAYING PASSIVE TENDENCY:

Ciara24
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 am

Post by zakk »

PHASE TERMINATION PROTOCOL HAS BEEN INITIATED

TEST SUBJECT CIARA24 HAS BEEN EUTHANISED

CIARA24 WAS A MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER

RESETTING PARAMETERS FOR NEXT PHASE OF EXPERIMENT... PARAMETERS RESET

PHASE 1B OF THE EXPERIMENT HAS BEGUN

SEND IN YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:42 am

Post by zakk »

CHECKING CONTINUATION PARAMETERS...

CHECKING DELETION ORDERS...

ALL TEST SUBJECTS ARE CLEARED FOR CONTINUATION

RESETTING PARAMETERS FOR NEXT PHASE OF EXPERIMENT... PARAMETERS RESET

PHASE 2A OF THE EXPERIMENT HAS BEGUN
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

VOTE: Vote: Bellaphant

I am going to do a little looking around elsewhere, but my reread yesterday put the two likeliest scum at Bellaphant and eventi.

I also think that if a: town cop/tracker/jailkeeper/roleblocker exists then they should claim immediately; my intuition tells me the reason a mafia roleblocker is in the game an overwhelmingly majority of the time is to break up investigation/protection circles bringing investigative out so they can be protected is probably the optimal move here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

VOTE: Bellaphant

damn vote tags

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I just want to have Garmr come in and tell me how stupid the case on Ciara was - though he will, and then will call it luck...all while ignoring that the case on Karmic was an equal level case ;)

In other news - I am still trending Evanti townish. <--- @Nacho

==========================================================
I would also like to point out a strong issue with Nacho's idea about investigatives claiming.
Basically, the short answer of it is - please don't state whether you agree or disagree with the idea in thread.
Just, y'know, keep that quietly to yourself. Because if people start agreeing and not claiming an investigative - you're basically handing scum rolecops.
Don't do that.
==========================================================

As a result, i am offering no opinion on that plan.

I think I'm okay with a Bella vote.
Silver was Wooody, so I'm good with that slot.
Who was the third hammer intent?
To a degree I kind of want to lynch one of the hammer intents - I stand by what I said yesterday about that, that was *weird* and I am pretty willing to bet that there was a sloppy bus attempt hidden in that snarl.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I think I'd also still be okay with a Pistach lynch.
Kind of him or Gummy feels like a decent spot to find scum also, and currently I have more town vibe from Gummy (which is saying something :lol: )
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 463, Nachomamma8 wrote:VOTE: Vote: Bellaphant

I am going to do a little looking around elsewhere, but my reread yesterday put the two likeliest scum at Bellaphant and eventi.

I'd be interested in seeing what case you have. I also had Bellaphant pegged as a good scum candidate and would like to compare our reasons.
Since you mentioned it first, I'll let you provide the case first. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Nacho - meta me Garmr's bus/defend habits also - that head on the block thing was wonky and he failed to justify it when directly asked. What's your thought there?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 465, Thor665 wrote:Who was the third hammer intent?
To a degree I kind of want to lynch one of the hammer intents - I stand by what I said yesterday about that, that was *weird* and I am pretty willing to bet that there was a sloppy bus attempt hidden in that snarl.

I'll come right out and say that if I were going to bus, I wouldn't mess it up that badly. If you're going to look for a late bus look elsewhere.
My thoughts on the bussing angle is that it's more likely to be someone in the middle, if anyone bussed..
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 468, Thor665 wrote:@Nacho - meta me Garmr's bus/defend habits also - that head on the block thing was wonky and he failed to justify it when directly asked. What's your thought there?

I am pretty bus happy anyone can tell you that or you can look yourself
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Reds - Roleblocker + Godfather against Tracker + Cop, only protective was one-shot bulletproof
Paint the town Red Tracker + Vig + Doctor against Roleblocker
A Game of Pokes - Cop/Doctor against Roleblocker

It turns out that Mafia Roleblockers are not as common in games as I thought they were, and that hitting the roleblocker Day 1 is not as awesome as I thought it would be. I still think that investigative outing at this point has a pretty big chance of breaking the game, so, if you see this and trust me and feel like outing, out away.

If not, don't. :(

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll post more reads-based things soon.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 463, Nachomamma8 wrote:VOTE: Vote: Bellaphant

I also think that if a: town cop/tracker/jailkeeper/roleblocker exists then they should claim immediately; my intuition tells me the reason a mafia roleblocker is in the game an overwhelmingly majority of the time is to break up investigation/protection circles bringing investigative out so they can be protected is probably the optimal move here.

My scum reads are Dave and event

Dave pretty much ignored ciaria all day and added the last second vote and his response to Thor seems really defensive when it didn't mean to be.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Garmr »

@thor
You were right I was wrong. If you want my reasons why I town read ciara its because I thought I was right about karma and you were scum trying to push the wagon away from karma and I would of done anything to foil you hell if ciara flipped town I was going to fake cop a scum read on you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”