a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 107, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 104, lalaladucks wrote:
what even is 'posturing'? is that a real word..

i clearly had espe's support much before i voted, bubbly. did it seem i had more support at the time i voted than when espe first tried to convince me to vote you? because i don't think the situation you describe is completely accurate regarding the timing.

Posturing is what I have been describing in my posts.

Right, you did have Esp's support much before you voted - it would have been way too obvious to vote straight away, no? The fact you recognise this tells me it was something you were paying attention to. You couldn't risk voting straight away because then you would have been under fire from people asking why you only voted me once Esp voted. You needed to allow some time to pass by - to make your decision seem legit.

ummmmm
well
i suppose it could be construed that way
although that would be misinterpreting the situation
which i don't expect you'll believe but that's okay! :]
truthfully i didn't really like espe telling me what to do because it's not like i work for him you know
what's my pay? breadcrumbs?

bubbletea still wrote:
In post 105, lalaladucks wrote:also not liking the constituents of bubbletea's wagon very much but ehhh

another thing, bbt seems slightly less suss than he did before

You're not liking my wagon? Wanna expand on that?

What does the second sentence mean? What does that tell you?

alright
i'm not liking bubbletea's wagon
no me gusta el wagon de bbt
i mean
espeonage is pretty sketch?? (what the heck that claim oh man)
and all alone first had a single naked vote then changed it to bbt and didn't really comment much on the gamestate! yay lurkerers
then there's me and i'm okay but a bit silly sometimes so idk might not be able to trust lala

In post 108, JarJarDrinks wrote:
vote: lalaladucks

I agree w/ BBT. The timing of her vote is scummy. Why not vote when she makes this post:

In post 12, lalaladucks wrote:bbt seems suss tbh

instead of leaving her vote on a RV? Or @ least explain what she thought was "suss" about bbt?

@lala what didn't you like about BBT?

why not vote? because i 'randomly' voted drk for an actual reason and that is MATHS not MATH and i wanted drk to feel the unbearable weight of that single vote
what didn't i like about him? for starters, the punctuation. way too many ellipses... also didn't get very good townish vibes from him! i mean he only had a post or two at that point so it wasn't very much to go off of but what was there pinged me (in a bad way not like ping-pong)

In post 109, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 103, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
What do you think about Esp's role in the discussion between myself and Ducks?

Haven't given it much thought earlier but he is asking for a vote from lala and it looks like he's mostly just trying to get a rise out of you.
Esp, what was your initial reason for asking lala to vote BBT?

@lala: What do you not like about the votes on BBT? And what is making him less of a suspect now?

see above
then for the second part, as the delicious tapioca pearl drink elucidates on his thought processes and actually
says
some things in lieu of asking question after question after question after question all the time, i'm starting to see where he's coming from
and it appears to be a less dark and shady place than my gut was warning me about in the beginning
of VT claim trope or something. So I'll take it as a real claim till I hear otherwise.

ESPE wrote:
Yes it's a real claim.
Yes scum would want to look for PRs.
I want to ensure my night phase safety.
I claim vt, scum don't kill me. This gives me a lot of freedom in my day play. Of course if more than one person did this, then we'd be getting in to a bit of weird territory with decent chances of hitting PRs with the kill much more than previously.

I'm just cocky basically.

duuuuuuuuuuuuude what the heck .___.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

hmmm a bit of jj's sentence got left there above the quote from espe oops
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 49, Antihero wrote:nope

dont get between mollie and i when were doing our dance or i will vote you out of policy

hi anti!

it is so good to know that you love me.

I am ketching up.
whew!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I am here!!!

IN NUMBERS

And I'm ready to catch those scummy letters like x that really so desperately want to be numbers, but they can't be!!! THEY JUST CAN'T.

Page 1 Impression: Most of it doesn't seem incredibly readable to me, except that BBT does legitimately seem suss. I haven't played with him before though, so to anyone that has, is he one of those players you'd expect to be ~spr srs~ even when no one else is. Otherwise, he kind of looks like tryhard scum. Conversely lalalaGIRAFFE gets a totally irrational early townread for agreeing with me even though that probably isn't even a reliable tell. Yay!

-

Page 2:

In post 29, Espeonage wrote:
Claim: VT

Will flirt for reads.

Hey bb ;)

Yep, that's it for page 2.

-

PAGE 3:

Eh

PAGE 4:

Jar Jar Drinks is town. MTD might be scum. Yay reads!

Page 5:

In post 113, Espeonage wrote:I asked lala to vote with me because I wanted a snappish wagon, so I figured a voting bloc of the aussies might be a decent way to make it happen.

I'm sorry that I wasn't here!

Page 6:

In post 146, DeathRowKitty wrote:To respond to whoever it was that asked, yes, the VT claim was terrible. I think we were all just assuming it was a joke. The more we talk about it, the worse it gets, but on the bright side, Espeonage is now a great compromise lynch if we have any game day in which we collectively do poorly enough to need one.

Reading up on the other stuffs..

I am of the opinion that the more we talk about it, the better it gets. Espe is the only one that knows why he claimed, and if he's town, then he's the one with the power to give the impression that he wants. If he's scum, then the discussion will only serve to make him more transparent.

This post is interesting to me though. You have stated that discussion only makes it worse, but this can only be your opinion if Espe is town (there is absolutely no reason to care about discussion of a VT claim by scum). However, you have also set Espe up as a "compromise lynch", so basically the vibe I'm getting is that you don't think he's scum but want to lynch him anyway. Am I wrong?

You clarify your read in your next post, but still, if you think he's town why compromise on him. I'm not going to let town lynch my townreads if I can help it.

-

Page 7:

In post 151, lalaladucks wrote:espeonage is pretty sketch?? (what the heck that claim oh man)

Why do you have a problem with the claim? Your whole reaction to it seems pretty fake to me.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 121, Antihero wrote:mollie...?

you know that sinking feeling i had at the beginning of jk9++ that i did everything in my power to suppress?

i'm having that right now.

I am town.

and I am reading what you pple do when I am not around.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

espy, read on dv?
whew!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 143, MTD wrote:Particularly his townread on me feels somewhat out of order.

I like it how you vote him with that as a reason without even investigating the townread. :]
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 156, pirate mollie wrote:espy, read on dv?

If he scumreads me then it's only because he desires more passion in our relationship.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Scumreads on lalalaGIRAFFE, MTD and I'll sheep Anti and go with Wanderer for a third.

VOTE: lalalaGIRAFFE
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

hiya dv!!

uh i'm just not seeing how the vt claim is helpful to town atm? but the claim isn't the only reason i think he's sketch. he's also australian and all of those people are weird!

but espe's place in the 'discussion' as bubbletea says, between him and me, was a little strange imo. espe did appear somewhat overzealous in taking my side although i don't think he had great reason to because i'm pretty suss if i do say so myself tbh. am a bit paranoid about being buddied because scumbumbles always buddy me and it usually works out great for them

should note that MTD also seems a bit sketch atm.. dancing around those votes like a jolly leprechaun and all

pedit: ahaha

pedit pedit: aw poop
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Antihero »

/hugs dv
/quietly sobs into his shoulder
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Antihero »

/sobbing gets progressively louder
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hey!

But yes, you got the poop part right.

I like your other reasons for voting Espe (even if I don't agree that he's scum for them. My read on him is pretty null atm), though your issue with the claim is confusing to me as it seems pretty clearly to me the kind of thing he'd do as either alignment. And I mean, I don't really expect anything different?

PEdit: It's ok Anti. If lalala is scum then my shoulder won't be the only tear-soaked one.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

/hugs pillow
/lays on couch
/continues sobbing
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

:cry:

It'll be ok Anti!

IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 163, DeasVail wrote:Hey!

But yes, you got the poop part right.

I like your other reasons for voting Espe (even if I don't agree that he's scum for them. My read on him is pretty null atm), though your issue with the claim is confusing to me as it seems pretty clearly to me the kind of thing he'd do as either alignment. And I mean, I don't really expect anything different?

PEdit: It's ok Anti. If lalala is scum then my shoulder won't be the only tear-soaked one.

yeahhh i mean i said he seems sketch which is slightly more to the scummy side than null for me

i'm not actually voting him though

Antihero wrote:/hugs pillow
/lays on couch
/continues sobbing

;_;
have you tried chocolate anti
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 158, DeasVail wrote:
In post 156, pirate mollie wrote:espy, read on dv?

If he scumreads me then it's only because he desires more passion in our relationship.

I am sure that wld be it.

VOTE: dv

it hurts.

ducky is a pretty good lynch too.
whew!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 166, lalaladucks wrote:i'm not actually voting him though

That'll teach me to actually read things properly!

And mollie, it hurts me too.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

DON'T APPEAL TO MY EMOTIONS I AM A SUCKER FOR IT
whew!
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 147, DeathRowKitty wrote:In hindsight, my vote is probably on Antihero for alignment-irrelevant things. I'd read most of the game in reverse order at that point and really didn't pick up on the context that Anti has chosen to participate in nothing on principle rather than because of the gamestate, which is frustrating but unfortunately not unusual or particularly scummy at that point in the game.

In post 75, MTD wrote:
In post 72, Espeonage wrote:
In post 70, MTD wrote:
In post 64, Espeonage wrote:@MTD: I refuse to die until I have flirted with everyone. So buck up best boy. Mollie started it.

meh that sucks.

tbf, I would have been wagoned for once people consider the banter that happened yesterday before roles went out.

my problem is that I don't know if you are scum but I just said I will keep my vote on you so it kinda keeps me from voting better.
Why did you feel obligated to hold yourself to this? What makes it even more unusual is that in your next post you said:
In post 89, MTD wrote:dammit, now I have to

UNVOTE: before that becomse a wagon.

Why was "voting better" not an important enough reason for you to move your vote and why was defusing a wagon that hadn't formed yet more important to you than that?

From that same post:
MTD wrote:I don't see espe as scum rn.
Was that meant to mean the same thing as your "I don't know if you are scum" in your previous post or did something change in-between those two posts? The two phrases have very different connotations to me.

As for my opinions on Espe at that point in the game...I'm pretty sure he chose his side in the lala vs BBT proceedings based on the gender of its participants. Perhaps not intentionally, but it would fit what I know of him for that to be what ultimately decided his stances. Overall, I don't think he's likely scum there.

This is too late in the game to not be giving opinions on anything, even if it's only page 5. Now it's potentially scummy.

Well...guess I should have continued reading through the current page before posting because Antihero does give an opinion here and I can see where he's coming from with it and I can see how it might make sense for that to stand out more to him than other things thus far. But to check....
Anti, did you not find anything else before that important enough to post about? What specifically about wanderer makes you think she's scum?
Fucking never mind you answered already

Recent votes on Espe are interesting but misguided imo.
Wanna do a bit of a skim of specific things before committing to a new vote

Unvote: Antihero

"Misguided" is such a wierd word to use here. It implies that you have town reads on those people. If you think ESP in town, then why can't it be scum jumping on the wagon?

In fact one of the "misguided" people is MTD. And reading the first part of your post, I don't get the feeling you're townreading MTD at all.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 102, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 97, All Alone wrote:
She voted you, you've never voted her, and she's the posturer in this fight? I don't think so.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

You obviously don't understand what's going on. Ducks was clearly posturing before voting me - she threw out that she didn't like my posting to test the waters and see how other people reacted to that. Once she had some support, she voted. I feel like I made my position more than clear on Ducks so I'm not sure how you think I'm posturing.

This is your second bad vote on the run.

I don't agree that you made your position clear. You said

In post 90, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:As soon as she didn't vote me when she was expressing suspicion of my slot it started to ping me.

which lalala first did in , and even though you were arguing with her the whole time I see no indication that you had any suspicion on her at all until ,
after she actually voted.
Considering that your explanation for your suspicion of her is that you found her lack of vote scummy, it really doesn't seem genuine that you'd wait until after the vote to go on the attack.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by DeasVail »

MY EYES ARE WATERING AND IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I AM SLEEP-DEPRIVED AND UNWELL BUT I WILL SAY THAT IT IS BECAUSE YOUR VOTE MAKES ME SAD.

Seriously though, I would much prefer it if you didn't scumread me.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

UNVOTE:
whew!
DeasVail
DeasVail