Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Mild townreads on both but not at all confident.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 165, DeasVail wrote::cry:

It'll be ok Anti!

IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK

no, dv. no it's not.

mollie is scum and i don't have a nightkill and an unscrupulous hydra partner to make her death quick and painless. :(
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't have a read on her so if you're confident in the read then I'd be willing to help you out with that. You just have to convince me that you're town first. :]
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

yo dv, what do you think of bubbly past the first page?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I realised my initial read of him was sort of invalid based on what other people have said about his play. He's definitively not a townread for me though, as I haven't seen anything from him that's not especially likely from scum, and one of the main reasons he's still on my radar is that the tongue-in-cheek over-use of questions is the kind of thing I could see coming from scum trying to look like they don't care. (but also possible from town, hence not a scumread).
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 156, pirate mollie wrote:espy, read on dv?

yeano
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Espeonage »

srs tho mtd is town bc townie motivation. I am putting bias on that I didn't expect his to come out of the gate and start padding against the flow but it's still good posting. Strongest town read. Mollie is looking good.

Thinking on dv a little more, so like an extra minute or two. He seems much more relaxed than when he was defending me as scum in team mafia. It's not much, but enough to be thrown on the town pile for now.

Also people do need to realise that buddying is as much a scumhunting tool as anything else. When an argument makes both sides look bad, taking a side controversially shakes things up and causes some amount of missplay sometimes.

On an unrelated note, I have some pocket town reads, but they need development time.

@DRK: I am not as shallow as you think. And I am romantically inclined to different users than the people in this thread, sans DV.
Don't @ me.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.06 divisibility by 7
Divisibility by 7. To test for divisibility by 7 it is good to have a few numbers that are divisible by 7 memorised.

The easiest ones are: 101101, 10101, 1001, 98.

I have generated a random number for us, 592286.

First, we’ll subtract 505505, leaving us with 86781. This is the same as subtracting 101101 5 times.

Then we’ll subtract 10101, leaving us with 76680.

Then we divide by 10 leaving us with 7668.

Then we subtract 7007 leaving us with 661 (this is the same as subtracting 1001 7 times).

And then we subtract 600 and add 12 (this is the same as subtracting 98 six times) leaving us with 73.

73 is not divisible by 7, so 592286 isn’t either! If you were 592286 hours old then you would be just over 67 and a half years old!

:!:
BlueBloodedToffee
(L-4): Espeonage, lalaladucks, All Alone
:!:
Espeonage
(L-4): BlueBloodedToffee, MTD, Bellaphant
lalaladucks
(L-5): JarJarDrinks, DeasVail
pirate mollie
(L-6): Antihero
Antihero
(L-7): DeathRowKitty

Not Voting
(4):
Bellaphant, DeasVail, pirate mollie
, SithLord84, Wanderer-nl,
MTD
, DeathRowKitty, pirate mollie

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 279th (32*31) day of the year or in (expired on 2015-10-06 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have maths related flavour requests.

Mod notes: I am awakes!
Last edited by Plotinus on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 154, DeasVail wrote:I am of the opinion that the more we talk about it, the better it gets. Espe is the only one that knows why he claimed, and if he's town, then he's the one with the power to give the impression that he wants. If he's scum, then the discussion will only serve to make him more transparent.

This post is interesting to me though. You have stated that discussion only makes it worse, but this can only be your opinion if Espe is town (there is absolutely no reason to care about discussion of a VT claim by scum). However, you have also set Espe up as a "compromise lynch", so basically the vibe I'm getting is that you don't think he's scum but want to lynch him anyway. Am I wrong?

You clarify your read in your next post, but still, if you think he's town why compromise on him. I'm not going to let town lynch my townreads if I can help it.
In the interest of not getting into a theory debate (and in the interest of not discussing this issue), I'm going to decline to respond to this other than to say that we see the game differently.

@mollie
Hi mollie! We haven't played with each other in FOREVER. Probably since that game that I hated at the time but look back on fondly now. Good times. Is Bella scum?

I'm kinda sitting on my hands at the moment for ~reasons~ but I don't weigh much so it'll be fine.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 147, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 75, MTD wrote:
In post 72, Espeonage wrote:
In post 70, MTD wrote:
In post 64, Espeonage wrote:@MTD: I refuse to die until I have flirted with everyone. So buck up best boy. Mollie started it.

meh that sucks.

tbf, I would have been wagoned for once people consider the banter that happened yesterday before roles went out.

my problem is that I don't know if you are scum but I just said I will keep my vote on you so it kinda keeps me from voting better.
Why did you feel obligated to hold yourself to this? What makes it even more unusual is that in your next post you said:

Because I wanted him to know that he is actually annoying me and I'm not just joking about it

In post 89, MTD wrote:dammit, now I have to

UNVOTE: before that becomse a wagon.

Why was "voting better" not an important enough reason for you to move your vote and why was defusing a wagon that hadn't formed yet more important to you than that?

no. I didn't have a "better vote" till that point, really, otherwise I would have switched to that. (earlier even)

From that same post:
MTD wrote:I don't see espe as scum rn.
Was that meant to mean the same thing as your "I don't know if you are scum" in your previous post or did something change in-between those two posts? The two phrases have very different connotations to me.

uh, yes? 3 more posts from espe happened.

In post 157, DeasVail wrote:
In post 143, MTD wrote:Particularly his townread on me feels somewhat out of order.

I like it how you vote him with that as a reason without even investigating the townread. :]

not sure what you mean with that?

In post 182, Espeonage wrote:Also people do need to realise that buddying is as much a scumhunting tool as anything else. When an argument makes both sides look bad, taking a side controversially shakes things up and causes some amount of missplay sometimes.

And YOU need to realize that its also one of the greatest hindrances to effective scumhunting ever because bias everywhere.
still the same old MTD
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 113, Espeonage wrote:I asked lala to vote with me because I wanted a snappish wagon, so I figured a voting bloc of the aussies might be a decent way to make it happen.

We already had a wagon forming if you wanted a 'snappish wagon'...why not join that one?

In post 126, MTD wrote:
not entirely happy with lala, but her logic is better than bbt's.

Her logic of 'BBT is using too many ellipses'...welcome to the scum pile.

In post 129, Antihero wrote:oh for fucks sake wanderer is scum too.....

I'm not seeing this.

In post 133, Espeonage wrote:bbt is probs scum for talking lala in to a lose-lose situation when she really wasn't being that bad.

Continue misrepping me.

In post 134, Bellaphant wrote:Why is MTD town? Reading at work earlier I saw something that pinged me from the slot.

What pinged you Bella?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

So yeah I actually think MTD is town and his response was one of the things I was waiting on before committing to some things.

Yo BBT, do you think Bella and DV would make a good scum pairing? And if so who would be a good third member of that?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:16 pm

In post 151, lalaladucks wrote:
truthfully i didn't really like espe telling me what to do because it's not like i work for him you know

But you did it anyway, soooo...

In post 105, lalaladucks wrote:
alright
i'm not liking bubbletea's wagon
no me gusta el wagon de bbt
i mean
espeonage is pretty sketch?? (what the heck that claim oh man)
and all alone first had a single naked vote then changed it to bbt and didn't really comment much on the gamestate! yay lurkerers
then there's me and i'm okay but a bit silly sometimes so idk might not be able to trust lala

And yet, there you are still sitting on me wagon despite there being a wagon on one of the people you dislike who is on my wagon. Logic?

In post 154, DeasVail wrote:Otherwise, he kind of looks like tryhard scum.

I can't stand this bullshit - why is try harding scummy? So what, I like to start the game and get it moving as quickly as possible. Anybody who has played with me knows this is what I do, regardless of alignment.

In post 154, DeasVail wrote:Jar Jar Drinks is town. MTD might be scum.

Explanations for reads would be just fantastic.

In post 159, DeasVail wrote:Scumreads on lalalaGIRAFFE, MTD and I'll sheep Anti and go with Wanderer for a third.

VOTE: lalalaGIRAFFE

Again, explanations would be great.

In post 160, lalaladucks wrote:hiya dv!!

uh i'm just not seeing how the vt claim is helpful to town atm? but the claim isn't the only reason i think he's sketch. he's also australian and all of those people are weird!

but espe's place in the 'discussion' as bubbletea says, between him and me, was a little strange imo. espe did appear somewhat overzealous in taking my side although i don't think he had great reason to because i'm pretty suss if i do say so myself tbh. am a bit paranoid about being buddied because scumbumbles always buddy me and it usually works out great for them

should note that MTD also seems a bit sketch atm.. dancing around those votes like a jolly leprechaun and all

Is this one of those times where scum are FoS their buddy but voting town? Me thinks so.

Really, you have a problem with MTD now? I wonder if that has anything to do with multiple people expressing their dislike of the MTD slot as well...

In post 167, pirate mollie wrote:
VOTE: dv

it hurts.

ducky is a pretty good lynch too.

This is going to be a game where nobody explains shit and I just continually bang my head against a wall trying to work out what the fuck is going on.

In post 171, All Alone wrote:
I don't agree that you made your position clear. You said

In post 90, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:As soon as she didn't vote me when she was expressing suspicion of my slot it started to ping me.

which lalala first did in , and even though you were arguing with her the whole time I see no indication that you had any suspicion on her at all until ,
after she actually voted.
Considering that your explanation for your suspicion of her is that you found her lack of vote scummy, it really doesn't seem genuine that you'd wait until after the vote to go on the attack.

Really? I had no problem with Ducks not voting me?

Spoiler: BBT's very clear problem with Ducks not voting him
In post 19, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 18, lalaladucks wrote:
yes bbt seems suss

Why haven't you moved your vote?

In post 32, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Are you going to vote me anytime soon or keep testing the waters?

In post 41, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 38, lalaladucks wrote:another question omg

You're going to see a lot of them...I hope you don't mind?

I'm wondering why your vote hasn't moved onto me? I mean, RVS is over soooooo, you either unvote or you vote me.

Welcome to the scum pile.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:19 pm

In post 187, DeathRowKitty wrote:
Yo BBT, do you think Bella and DV would make a good scum pairing? And if so who would be a good third member of that?

I don't have an opinion on either of them yet. I'll need time to develop a read on Bella especially because I think I have scum read her every single time we have played together and I need to learn to stop doing that shit.

You have reasons to believe they're scum?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 177, Antihero wrote:
In post 165, DeasVail wrote::cry:

It'll be ok Anti!

IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK

no, dv. no it's not.

mollie is scum and i don't have a nightkill and an unscrupulous hydra partner to make her death quick and painless. :(

I am not scum anti. what is going to happen is if you push my lynch through you will feel demoralized and town will be down 2 strong players.

I don't think you wld push me as scum. it wld be easier to buddy me and then kill me.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:37 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 184, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 154, DeasVail wrote:I am of the opinion that the more we talk about it, the better it gets. Espe is the only one that knows why he claimed, and if he's town, then he's the one with the power to give the impression that he wants. If he's scum, then the discussion will only serve to make him more transparent.

This post is interesting to me though. You have stated that discussion only makes it worse, but this can only be your opinion if Espe is town (there is absolutely no reason to care about discussion of a VT claim by scum). However, you have also set Espe up as a "compromise lynch", so basically the vibe I'm getting is that you don't think he's scum but want to lynch him anyway. Am I wrong?

You clarify your read in your next post, but still, if you think he's town why compromise on him. I'm not going to let town lynch my townreads if I can help it.
In the interest of not getting into a theory debate (and in the interest of not discussing this issue), I'm going to decline to respond to this other than to say that we see the game differently.

@mollie
Hi mollie! We haven't played with each other in FOREVER. Probably since that game that I hated at the time but look back on fondly now. Good times. Is Bella scum?

I'm kinda sitting on my hands at the moment for ~reasons~ but I don't weigh much so it'll be fine.

hi drk! what game was that? and I don't know about bella.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:43 am

Post by pirate mollie »

a shot in the dark but I am calling bbt town here
whew!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 am

Mollie, can you talk about your reads on DV and Ducks please?

Also, why am I town?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:56 am

Can you tell me your thoughts on Esp as well?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 193, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Mollie, can you talk about your reads on DV and Ducks please?

Also, why am I town?

I don't have reads on ducky or dv. I am trying to fish dv out but I feel like I can do that better by watching dv/espy interactions. something i have noticed about games I play with dv is that I tend to default scum read him. I don't want to do that.

you are hitting town notes. this might not mean much to you, but it means a lot to me. town moves in herds. I am wary of you though only cos in team!mafia I was convinced you were town and I was wrong.

eta: espy looks cagey. I am trying to work it out.
whew!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:03 am

I think you would have more chance of working it out if you joined his wagon.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 192, pirate mollie wrote:a shot in the dark but I am calling bbt town here

I don't think it's a shot in the dark. BBT is probably my top town read right now. I think I have 4 scum reads ATM. Gonna do some rereading.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:55 am

I find it hard to believe I'm your top town read...can you talk about that please?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 198, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I find it hard to believe I'm your top town read...can you talk about that please?

Cause we've had very similar scumreads this game. Namely lala and esp. I also will generally lean town on anyone that is very active and aggressive. But's it mostly the reads.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”