Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Pistachi0n:

On a gut level, I'm more okay with Pistach's interactions with the Ciara slot because they seem less fake, but I acknowledge I don't really have much pointing to the townside that's not "gut".

Or, maybe spoke too soon:

In post 202, pistachi0n wrote:Strongest scum--it's changed to Thor, at first I thought he was just trying to disguise an RVS but his case on Ciara seems like he just wants her out of the game. Maybe he thinks she'll figure him out, regardless, he's looking scummier to me than woody now.

Accusing Thor of wanting to get Ciara out of the game is a step farther than just saying that his arguments are weak, and that's a good sign to me. I also like the direct attack on Thor this scenario; again, the best chance scum had of saving their buddy Ciara was going all in on the Karmic wagon, not on Thor, and pistach ignoring that and going for this feels good.

In post 305, pistachi0n wrote:Thor's reactions since the last time I posted seem town. I still don't like the Ciara wagon, but Karmic is a stronger town read. With no posted countdown, I can't bet on it being 2 weeks. So fine.

VOTE: Ciara

How exactly were Thor's reactions in that segment different from any one of his reactions throughout the entire game?

In post 410, pistachi0n wrote:So I reluctantly switched to Ciara.

I do like how he doesn't seem as concerned with the towncred he could get from the lynch even though he took a fairly aggressive position on the wagon (and think he would be much less likely to put that vote on if scum - I mean I guess he could have thought there was a possibility of the deadline being super close and Ciara getting instantly lynched, but), and I don't think he's that experienced of a scum player to start pushing the "vote your buddy while calling them null/town" trick for towncred.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So, while I don't think I'm going to freak out of cry if Pistach gets lynched, I don't think he should die today. The strongest points in his favor I think is how he played in a way that would be pretty counter intuitive if he was scum (most notably Thor push when Karmic was the only real alternative) and also the deadline vote that put him on a decently early spot on the wagon seem like something far more likely to come from town than scum; I don't think he was faking the deadline panic because why would he fake something like that as scum and I don't think he votes his buddy at that point if he thinks day is going to end at any time unless he
really really
wants the towncred and that doesn't seem to be the case based on his opinion of the Ciara wagon UNLESS he's just a sneaky fucker.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And I don't think he's a sneaky fucker.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 526, Nachomamma8 wrote:The strongest points in his favor I think is how he played in a way that would be pretty counter intuitive if he was scum (most notably Thor push when Karmic was the only real alternative)

His Thor push was in the same territory of time as the Gimlear Thor push which you describe as scummy - can you clarify that dichotomy for me a bit more?

In post 515, Garmr wrote:I was thinking more along the line of he may of had knowledge of the wagons and that's why he was questioning one and not the other.

So, because he knew one wagon was on town he was going to question it, potentially weakening it, while ignoring the wagon on his scumbuddy?

In post 515, Garmr wrote:Also Thor, he didn't add anything to the convo so there can't be anything that could be wrong not like me you and ciara.

Is this unusual for Dave as a player? If so, you may have snagged my vote. If not I don't see the point.

In post 515, Garmr wrote:Bringing up how I was wrong with ciara doesn't mean all my reads ate wrong Thor I was right about Bella being town. You also know I can be right sometimes remember when I lynched aero and Titus when I was a hider and you were scum.

You being right and you being wrong are somewhat loosely associated.
You being wrong about me based off my case being weak and you pushing on Dave for very similar reasons just makes me want to question you a bit on them.
I would honestly expect a bit of questioning of yourself, frankly, even if you didn't extrovert it - so i would think my question would seem rather normal and on point at this stage.

Also - I am pretty sure Pistach is at L-2, and he might be at L-1, he assuredly has at least 4 votes on him at this stage, maybe 5. So - y'know, double check that gak before you get too excited to leap on this wagon. I will hold you accountable. I'm cruel like that.

@Pistach - in that light, I will note that you might want to consider claiming, or at least offering a really sexy reads post at this stage.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:02 am

Post by pistachi0n »

1. Scum points to Nachomamma for advocating a mass claim on Day 1.

2. I agree that three hammer intents were odd, it seems like someone would have hammered before three intents especially because she responded to her prod and there wasn't much time left.

3. I'm a town rolecop and I rolecopped Silver Wolf and he's also a rolecop

VOTE: SilverWolf

I'm a she
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:05 am

Post by pistachi0n »

*Day 2.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:08 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 525, Nachomamma8 wrote:How exactly were Thor's reactions in that segment different from any one of his reactions throughout the entire game?

I was rereading and noticing the exasperation. See . My case on him was stupid.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:56 am

Post by gummmybear »

@thor: there's 4 votes on pistach, you, gimlear, silverwolf and me. With 12 it should be 7 to lynch, so it's L-3 I believe.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 529, pistachi0n wrote:3. I'm a town rolecop and I rolecopped Silver Wolf and he's also a rolecop

VOTE: SilverWolf

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 532, gummmybear wrote:@thor: there's 4 votes on pistach, you, gimlear, silverwolf and me. With 12 it should be 7 to lynch, so it's L-3 I believe.

Who do you think is scum - Silver or Pistach?

Because I am having a scumgasm attack, and am sad you're not sharing in my glee.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 529, pistachi0n wrote:I'm a town rolecop and I rolecopped Silver Wolf

Also, a follow up question for you - why target Silver Wolf?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:20 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 535, Thor665 wrote:

I was unsure of how to interpret Woody's actions yesterday.
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:21 am

Post by KarmicGuide »

mod, VLA until tomorrow evening.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 536, pistachi0n wrote:

So basically he was like a really strong null read that you doubted an ability to read ever?
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:51 am

Post by gummmybear »

In post 534, Thor665 wrote:

Because I am having a scumgasm attack, and am sad you're not sharing in my glee.

Honestly, I'm not very sure. A bit behind on reading and I'm tired and about to go to sleep. The rolecop claim by pistach has me raising my eyebrows, but her carelessness in doing so at L-3 on your provocation (when she's actually at L-3) actually lines up with her actions and makes it more believable that she didn't check properly and did genuinely believe she should claim. Also that claim is a rather weird one - rolecop with a rolecop on another rolecop seems too weird to be a fakeclaim and an odd gambit to make. Question is, is pistach town? Or is she just careless scum?

Silverwolf I'm starting to dislike now because of her blatant mis-repping of my day 1 play, and sheeping the things I've said (with added clarity from the Day 1 flip) to vote pistach but yet turning around and using those same reasons to accuse me of defending Ciara and avoiding a wagon.
It feels to me that that may be stretching a bit to create scumreads as scum who can't seem to find things to push. Waiting for her to post again and also respond to pistach's rolecop on her, am considering moving my vote to her. Probably warrants an
FoS

Of course, it doesn't quite make much sense for both to be Mafia, this would be a seriously weird WIFOMMY bussing gambit, especially with their Roleblocker dead. Also realising that pistach's role claim (early one too) could be a calculated one to disguise a vote back on Silverwolf as with reason rather than an OMGUS (don't know how sound this reasoning is, feel free to tell me it's stupid if it is.) But the nice thing is, if they are both really rolecops, pistach has locked herself in - if we choose to lynch Silverwolf and she flips Town or anything but rolecop, we can lynch pistach and most likely hit scum. If Silverwolf flips scum role cop, pistach probably eats the Nightkill (as Radja should be under whoever's protective role) and we can direct her - and if she lives too long, she may be bussing scum and we can lynch her. Does this make sense, and is this why you are happy?

I'm a little more unsure on pistach now, but I won't unvote first before Silverwolf posts, as I doubt there are more than 2 scum left in this game, making it rather unlikely that she will be quickhammered.
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:52 am

Post by gummmybear »

EBWOP - in my first paragraph, to clarify, I meant to say that pistach's carelessness lines up with her Day 1 actions about not checking deadline and fearing a nolynch (that kind of fear also is similar to her decision to claim here) - somehow that didn't end up in my analysis
gummmybear
gummmybear
Goon
gummmybear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:55 am

Post by gummmybear »

EBWOP 2: to clarify, the end of para 1 should also probably read "That makes her rolecop claim believable. Question is, is pistach really a town rolecop? Or is she just a careless scum rolecop?"
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:55 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 538, Thor665 wrote:
In post 536, pistachi0n wrote:

So basically he was like a really strong null read that you doubted an ability to read ever?

Basically, yeah.

Look, either you lynch him and he flips scum, or you lynch me and I flip town and you can confidently lynch him tomorrow. I picked a damn good person to use my power on.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Also, I realize I've mistakenly been referring to Silverwolf as a he and I apologize.
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:10 am

Post by eventi »

Hmmm - I'd lynch Woody over Pistacheon
But I'd lynch Pistacheon over Silver.

Tough call, but gut says VOTE: Silverwolf
Gimlear
Gimlear
Goon
Gimlear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Gimlear »

In post 518, Radja wrote:
In post 513, Gimlear wrote:
In post 505, Radja wrote:So you're saying I would risk getting counterclaimed just to clear a scumbuddy, with a big risk of having it all blow up in my face by having a real cop out there?

At this point I would say it's unlikely but not impossible. There are plenty of reasons for scum to fakeclaim cop even with the threat of counterclaim because a counterclaim does not necessarily mean the first claim was scum.

Just how would it benefit me at this point?

A couple ideas of why scum would do this just off the top of my head:

1. To look town by claiming to have investigated another town player.

2. To fish for actual cop and possibly get them lynched instead.

I'm not saying you are actually doing any of these, but they are possibilities. Let me ask you a question, though: why are you belaboring this point if you are actually town cop? I have not accused you of anything. In fact, I even started the discussion by saying the timing of you vindicating Bella could be just coincidence.

In post 523, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I'm actually the most interested in your thoughts on Thor's alignment today; you seemed the one who was the most critical of Thor's play based on handling the push and I'm wondering if some of that paranoia carried over today or if you think that he's absolutely town. I have my own thoughts of him (which is going to have a bit of personal experience weaved in, sorry!) which I'm waiting to share until certain other people have their say.

My thoughts on Thor haven't changed since this post:

In post 444, Gimlear wrote:@Radja: While I was initially wary of Thor for pushing the Ciara wagon so hard so early, I'm getting a much better town vibe from him now that he has explained his thought processes.

In post 224, Gimlear wrote:Also, to expound upon why I think your first post was weird, it sounds an awful lot like "Hey mod, you know why I'm voting *wink wink*." This makes it sound like you had a dialogue before the game, which would only be possible for scum.

I can't say I see where you got this impression from. Thor's first post was voting Ciara while stating that he would share his reasoning if requested by the mod, which... doesn't sound anything like pre-game discussion at all?

I will readily admit that this point was a mistake, which is why I never followed up on it.

One of my major concerns about you coming into today was the way it seemed like you flipped from suspecting Thor to supporting him and pushing Ciara when her lynch seemed inevitable down the road; the way you're approaching Thor here makes me feel a little bit better about the push in general, although, I still don't really understand why you pushed for the Karmic wagon in the first place. I understand why you chose Karmic over Ciara, but I don't understand why those were the only two viable choices: you had no problem making waves and pushing Thor earlier in the game, but suddenly later you can't vote anything that's not a wagon?

This question is significant to me because it makes sense that scum in your position would limit his options to his scumbuddy and the counterwagon townie; pushing a different vanity wagon could potentially put two scum in trouble early which would be bad and also wouldn't really help your buddy, while pushing partner for towncred/fighting for her survival by pushing the counterwagon are two moves that make a great deal more sense.

At the time I replaced in, I felt that the 3 slots that had the best reasons for pursuing were Thor, Karmic, and Ciara. The original vote on Karmic started as a sheep of Garmr once Garmr actually explained his reasons, but I continued to poke at Thor and the reasons for the Ciara wagon. I was never actually defending Ciara so much as not understanding the reasons behind the wagon. I even stated in my discussions with Thor that my read on Ciara at the time was null, not town.

In post 415, Gimlear wrote:This is a valid point, which is why I was considering an intent to hammer on Ciara before the others already did it. Regardless, I third the intent to hammer on Ciara.

This post is a pretty good representation of a couple of the problems I have with your interactions with Ciara. For one, you always seem to be acting in Ciara's best interest for a majority of the day (explaining why the case on her is weak, voting the counterwagon) despite not having a townread on the slot. And then, when Ciara is in trouble beyond trouble, you suddenly make sure that you are seen supporting the wagon (by declaring a third hammer intent when it
really
wasn't necessary and talking about declaring an intent to hammer before others did despite not saying anything about it in thread), which are exactly the type of interactions I expect to be happening from at least one scum.

I realize the timing may seem convenient, but it was not a sudden conversion. By the time Ciara was at L-1, I would have gone with either a Karmic or a Ciara lynch, but the fact that Ciara was at L-1 and the day was drawing to a close was why I expressed the intent to hammer. Yes, it was not necessary since 2 other people had already expressed intent, but I just wanted to make sure we got a lynch.

What points did you like from Thor that made the wagon more appealing than before? It was my impression that the reasons for the wagon never changed from the beginning; they just ended up gaining strength because Ciara continued to lurk and dodge.

When I first replaced in, it looked like Thor was just trying to get people to sheep him without really explaining why they should. At that point I felt like the reasons for the Ciara wagon were vague and not well defined. Then in my interactions with him, Thor explained the reasons for the wagon beyond just "because you should sheep me."
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Radja »

We could lynch outside pistach/Silverwolf and I can cop Silverwolf to see if he's not lying?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:36 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 546, Radja wrote:We could lynch outside pistach/Silverwolf and I can cop Silverwolf to see if he's not lying?

That would be a waste of a cop ability when Silver's lynch would clear me and my lynch would implicate Silver.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 547, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 546, Radja wrote:We could lynch outside pistach/Silverwolf and I can cop Silverwolf to see if he's not lying?

That would be a waste of a cop ability when Silver's lynch would clear me and my lynch would implicate Silver.

Seconded.
Gimlear
Gimlear
Goon
Gimlear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Gimlear »

In post 547, pistachi0n wrote:

I agree that lynching you would implicate Silver, but lynching Silver would not necessarily clear you because, even if Silver flips mafia role cop, you could still be scum because mafia know each other's roles.

Therefore, I maintain that lynching Pista is the better choice in this scenario, but I would still like to hear from Silver first.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”