Micro 530: Auction Mafia II Final!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 68, Peptobislawl wrote:Well all alone just threw a vote on him and left, he hasn't said a word in this game that wasn't in vote tags. Other than that, Lane's vote is the first and thus far only serious vote.

Then again there's 3 posters who have posted minimal content and a vote (Ricastle, Ork himself, and Alone), plus Tetaes who hasn't posted at all. Alone is only notable in that he's on the biggest wagon right now. So maybe the serious vote is the only notable thing at the moment.

I am probably going to kill you tonight
Hydra of Firebringer and Helz
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by HellBringer »

@Vedith-
How would you use each role if you were scum?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 74, HellBringer wrote:
In post 73, Vedith wrote:No, it's not totally worthless. Just not great.

Are you trying to get town players to waste their money on that??

Yeah I forgot that I said bid on it...
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 76, HellBringer wrote:@Vedith-

What are you on about?
Scum would only want RB and Tracker out of the list to ensure a kill and no results.

As a cop - If I saw RB and Tracker on someone for example I would assume scum over town.
Cop going to scum - To find out if a certain person has money or not. If they know that Mr X spent $40 on an a role, that means that they can rule them from their list to kill next.
I claim scum \o/
Peptobislawl
Peptobislawl
Goon
Peptobislawl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Peptobislawl »

In post 75, HellBringer wrote:
In post 68, Peptobislawl wrote:Well all alone just threw a vote on him and left, he hasn't said a word in this game that wasn't in vote tags. Other than that, Lane's vote is the first and thus far only serious vote.

Then again there's 3 posters who have posted minimal content and a vote (Ricastle, Ork himself, and Alone), plus Tetaes who hasn't posted at all. Alone is only notable in that he's on the biggest wagon right now. So maybe the serious vote is the only notable thing at the moment.

Do I even need to point out what is wrong with this reply?
Show
Will protect people not in the game

"I'm with the insane cop" -Pepto 2015

References games from other sites in his sig
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 78, Vedith wrote:
In post 76, HellBringer wrote:@Vedith-

What are you on about?
Scum would only want RB and Tracker out of the list to ensure a kill and no results.

As a cop - If I saw RB and Tracker on someone for example I would assume scum over town.
Cop going to scum - To find out if a certain person has money or not. If they know that Mr X spent $40 on an a role, that means that they can rule them from their list to kill next.

Im asking for your reasoning on how you would use the ability's as scum. Which players would you target and why?
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 79, Peptobislawl wrote:
In post 75, HellBringer wrote:

Do I even need to point out what is wrong with this reply?

Nope. You just need to make your peace with God : )
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by HellBringer »

I find it odd that vedith is thinking both the tracker and role blocker will definitely be going to scum, especially tracker which I would think is heavily town favored item.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'm not in scum mind set so I can't answer that.

And when did I say that they would definitely go to scum? This is another one of your intentional misinterpretations.

FB - Come and make your Other body look less scummy please because he is setting off the bells.
I claim scum \o/
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 83, Vedith wrote:I'm not in scum mind set so I can't answer that.

And when did I say that they would definitely go to scum? This is another one of your intentional misinterpretations.

FB - Come and make your Other body look less scummy please because he is setting off the bells.

We share same role Vedith, if he is scum, I am scum.
Besides you always scum read me, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish by appealing to me.

Helz thinks you look odd, I tend to agree.

-Fire
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Vedith »

Okay, what makes you think that? Without claiming that I said something other than I have.

To clarify, looking scummy and actually being scummy it two different things.

I would say scum FB though if you are the one who did - Confirm if this was you or not?
I claim scum \o/
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 85, Vedith wrote:Okay, what makes you think that? Without claiming that I said something other than I have.

To clarify, looking scummy and actually being scummy it two different things.

I would say scum FB though if you are the one who did - Confirm if this was you or not?

That was indeed me.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by HellBringer »

#7- Troll vote
#18- Fluff (Shows he is paying attention to players and potentially reading into meta)
#28- Pushing Orc for a contribution, Obvious logic on roles
#29- Pokes at the vote count
#41- Making assumptions on my meta, References last game
#42- Push against obvious shit plan
#43- More pushing against obvious shit plan- Lots of bidding for obvious town cred.
#48- Semi trap, Pushing against me
#49- Referances last game
#53- Pushing me to read last game
#57- Fluff
#60- Fluff
#61- Fluff
#64- Fluff
#66- Suggests role cop is not a good role
#73- Insinuates it has some value
#77- Slight slip, He either bid on it and couldn’t remember if he voiced as much to the town or he considered saying he would bid on it but did not. Either reflects some level of deception which is out of place.
#78- States the obvious logic on scum targets. I find this particularly interesting- There is nothing personal or transparent about it. Its giving the obvious level of information everybody already knows while hiding his perspective. This lack of transparency..
#83- Calls himself town and refuses to give his perspective from a scum PoV. I strongly believe that scum do not like to give thoughts from a scum point of view. It is mainly because they have to hide this perspective from the town. I would expect a town player to be more transparent and not so mindful of how others read him. I can not imagine any town being unable to think from a scum perspective. This is a pretty damn big tell.
#86- Clarifies who posted what

All in all I see a pointed effort to avoid releasing specific information while attempting to get read as town. I would like to push for a pressure vote at this point.

@Vedith- Why are you so unwilling to express yourself from a scum PoV?

VOTE: Vedith
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Vedith »

Such a scummy post. XD using words like "refusing" etc is a scum tactic. Again, if FB I am 100% convinced that he is scum.
I claim scum \o/
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by HellBringer »

If I have looked so scummy why don't you point out what I have said that could come from a scum perspective and most importantly "Why"

I saw your post 83 as a hard dodge. And I bereave the reason is because you are scum and did not want to reveal this side of your thinking. You could ask me right now what I would do as scum and I would have no problem saying quite a bit. This is because I am constantly thinking of what scum may do so I can counter it and this is something I do not believe you are doing at all because your mafia.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'm pretty sure I did.
For example - When you said to say who should and shouldn't bid. This is only helping scum.
I mean, re read the game and it will tell you a lot.

But just because you are thinking does not mean that scum is thinking it. You are basically saying here that you act against how scum you would act.
Me scum would do things differently to you scum. For example, not use random.org to lynch. This is why this comment is invalid.

Would you like more on the matter? To why it's a pointless comment, I mean.
I claim scum \o/
Tetaes
Tetaes
Goon
Tetaes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Tetaes »

Hi guys!
Let me go ahead and catch up a bit, this game is going way too fast.
Plus, nearly everything I want to address is already addressed.

In post 17, Peptobislawl wrote:
In post 16, lane0168 wrote:It's a hydra. And I hope you'll only be answering questions when you think it's so obvious there would be no consequences to answering for the one the question is intended

It Is? Oh... The the newb is probably me.

Yeah I didn't think this question was (overly) game related. I've played mafia elsewhere so i know better than to answer accusations not meant for me.

No, the true newb is clearly me.

In post 47, HellBringer wrote:I say we organize who bids on what items and how much, we can do this better than last iteration of game.
Town put bids as high as 50 but not higher, preferably stick to one item.

If scum want to win, they will have to bid 51 and then we can win all items from then on.

Ahaha, no. Scum could just bid 50$ on the start of the day and would still win the bid. The solution might be to bid as high as 51$, that way scum can only insta-win the bid twice, and I hear you asking "If we're bidding over 50$ why do we need to control our bid at all?". Well, having 49$ left to bid for a role that scum clearly doesn't want is good?
This strategy might not be the best but at least it gives us some advantages.

Timezone's a dick.

I'm just looking on the surface here, I'll dig deeper into Hell's and Ved's argument.
Also, I've never played with a hydra before. Do I need to really look hard into which heads posts what?
And, here we have the signature. Most people either use this just to insert some random philosophical terms or just plain nonsense.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by HellBringer »

Random.org may not be the worst way to pick a kill but I could not imagine using it to push a lynch.

The idea is to determine what level someone is playing at. Then figure out what level the scum is playing at and match them up. For example- If I were scum today I would bid on nothing. And tonight I would do nothing. That way all ability's are useless, town looses money, and some poor asshole who got roleblocked would get pressured by the town the next day and make a great misslynch target. From our conversations I would expect that if I had a night chat with you that you would be totally against a no kill. But these scum actions have tells that can help identify the scum's slot. This is why the information is not useless at all. Not even a little bit.

Mafia at its heart is a game of deception. Theres an unfortunate amount of players who never see past IIoA and miss the real beauty in the game. But back to my FoS on you intentionally dodging questions with a decent reason to do so if scum aligned looks bad.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by HellBringer »

I would be willing to start claiming my posts as I post them if it helps.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by HellBringer »

Firebringer here- I do some cross-dressing on the weekends
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Vedith »

For a start, asking what I think scum will do it better than wgat I would do as scum.
Still, what you do as scum is different. You said that it's for you to counter. Now... I can't see anyone else not killing, it's a waste of a kill and its too messy. So we go into day 2 with a kill and 9 possible outcomes that were put onto the table (assume you are consistent with asking this question). 1 of the ideas provided was used by scum. Where do you go with that? As you wouldn't be countering all 9 outcomes, right? It's left no where and you counter tactic actually helped the scum.

There's a very strong reason why only you would go with that plan - the risk of you getting RB or your partner is high enough to not make it valid. There is also a BP so that would have to be taken into consideration. Just means that it's shakey all over.
Again - when there is a kill, what will that tell you?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Vedith »

It's nearly 8am and I haven't slept yet so I'm really going.
We shall continue this in the morning.
I claim scum \o/
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 95, Vedith wrote:For a start, asking what I think scum will do it better than wgat I would do as scum.
Still, what you do as scum is different. You said that it's for you to counter. Now... I can't see anyone else not killing, it's a waste of a kill and its too messy. So we go into day 2 with a kill and 9 possible outcomes that were put onto the table (assume you are consistent with asking this question). 1 of the ideas provided was used by scum. Where do you go with that? As you wouldn't be countering all 9 outcomes, right? It's left no where and you counter tactic actually helped the scum.

There's a very strong reason why only you would go with that plan - the risk of you getting RB or your partner is high enough to not make it valid. There is also a BP so that would have to be taken into consideration. Just means that it's shakey all over.
Again - when there is a kill, what will that tell you?

Depends on the player killed. I would rather debate this kind of thing after the game as that talking too much about it now just coaches the scum to avoid being read. Or is that what you had in mind?
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by HellBringer »

In post 91, Tetaes wrote:
I'm just looking on the surface here, I'll dig deeper into Hell's and Ved's argument.

I hope you do. I would love to see other players thoughts on the matter.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Hell is town. Although Vedith and anyone else who spoke up are right about not coordinating bids - then scum will just know who to NK, will they not?

Vedith is clear scum regardless though. VOTE: Vedith Will pull up some posts in a minute.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”