Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 144, Concrete Angels wrote:I know you said you don't see the point in explaining your town read on Cat. I also get that it may be unconventional. However, I do feel that enough people have asked and enough people are interested - myself included - that you should just tell us. It would help me understand you better, give me insight into what you are thinking, and that would help me to read you better. Is that not a good enough reason to share your thoughts?

People say stuff like this, and then do nothing with the info.
Tell you what though - get two additional people to say they'll "get a read off Thor" if i reveal the info and then I'll do so immediately.
I expect to then be massively underwhelmed and mostly get to listen to people noting that it is a shallow/thin read.

In post 149, Concrete Angels wrote:Aaaand...... you've been consistently posting elsewhere.

So... yeah. I'm very happy with my vote now.

This is true.

Unvote: Davsto
Vote: Vedith
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Cataphant »

how are we dicking around? we provided reasons for you being scummy. Don't discredit us
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

:lol:
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Cataphant »

VOTE: vedith

good point. Sakura still scum but we'll compromise

I don't agree that davsto is scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 153, Cataphant wrote:I don't agree that davsto is scum

:igmeou:
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Hecatia Lapislazuli »

I like the points raised against Vedith

Unvote
Vote: Vedith

Also I thought the derp posts were made by bella and not hiplop, but either way @Cataphant: your issue with us is that we are aggresive (or at least me), which is more of a playstyle issue than anything.

~Sakura
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:51 am

Also Re:Davsto > I have a scumread there and i thought he was trying to argue semantics to prepare for a scumread, that's why i called it a stretch, i did not see it in the way you saw it.

~Sakura
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:21 am

Post by pistachi0n »

VOTE: Hecatia

Most of her posts at first are filler that makes them seem like they're trying to do something, like .

Like there are a lot of posts but nothing good until 2/3 into the iso.

Sheeps votes on Vedith.
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:25 am

>trying to do something
>Stating a townread.

Does not compute
~Sakura
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Wingback »

Thor, I'd like you to explain the Cataphant townread. That was my one hangup about you and I'd like it cleared up.

In other news:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pistachion
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 157, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Hecatia

Most of her posts at first are filler that makes them seem like they're trying to do something, like .

Sheeps votes on Vedith.

Not liking this.

Hopping on an easier bandwagon with little reasoning.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 149, Concrete Angels wrote:..... you've been consistently posting elsewhere.

I'm not sure I have posted properly on here any Friday evening and hardly ever on a Saturday.
You obviously looked into my games, and yet you haven't even read what I've posted in them.

You claim I posted here Thursday, when the time I posted here first was on Friday morning while at work, where I then had small amount of activity in the day on a select amount of threads threads (Average of about 2/3 posts a thread).

So I suggest if you are going to use this as an excuse, 1 - You learn my time zone and 2 - you actually learn my activity patterns.

For the rest who say that this is a valid argument, explain how and explain your scum read further. :)
I claim scum \o/
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 137, Concrete Angels wrote:Steven no.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Do not let yourself indulge in vain wishes. Until you try, you do not know what you cannot do. If you are not afraid to face the music, you may someday lead the band. All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. How was Einstein able to conceive the Theory of Relativity? He said the one crucial thing that helped him was his ability to visualise: what would it be like to be riding on the end of a light beam? Do not tell me this a difficult problem. If it were not difficult it would not be a problem. I do not seek. I find. Do not play for safety; it is the most dangerous thing in the world.

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision, for the limits of the world. In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high. If you have a lemon, make lemonade. Why not go out on a limb? That is where the fruit is Nothing determines who we will become so much as those things we choose to ignore.

And so, yes

Thank you
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Lying Cat »

My hydra partner blows at bookmarking things. Everyone point at him and call him names.

Also, Thor has not done anything alignment indicative yet, so I'm more than happy to let sthar8 ply the vote there for now.

Sakura is definitely worth the suspicion, which makes me like cat. The shift onto ved does not.

ETL has shown the minor towntells I'd expect from town her this early, but not enough to make that read solid.

Davsto can be put to fire. I'd pay to see that.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 160, Davsto wrote:

Sheeps votes on Vedith.

Not liking this.

You don't like my vote on Hecatia? If I wanted an easy bandwagon I would have put my vote on Vedith.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

I'm gonna take a moment to cry in public because ETL doesn't love me anymore.

-Jingle
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:33 am

Post by farside22 »

hey, trying to catch up today.
So far I'm doing pretty good.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 85, Concrete Angels wrote:Thor didn't even explain his read on davsto before she tried to turn everything he said into something scummy. In the end, he came out looking way more town than she did.

In my mind, if you really trust another player's skill to read a person better than yourself enough to sheep them, wouldn't you want to find out what they are seeing? She hasn't interacted with him at all. Instead, she's commented peripherally about how he's town and that's why she's sheeping him.

There's zero concern from her about Thor's stance or alignment at all. That's pretty incongruent.

This was how I was feeling when I read it.

In post 91, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 89, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 85, Concrete Angels wrote:There's zero concern from her about Thor's stance or alignment at all. That's pretty incongruent.

Do you usually have concerns on people you're townreading?

On page 1 or 2.... uh... yes. First of all, at the time you "sheeped", there was no reason to be townreading Thor. It was clearly an arbitrary selection. Secondly, are you so sure about your townread on him that you would not question it at all and follow him blindly?

This ^

In post 95, Thor665 wrote:
In post 69, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Considering he asked you why you think they are town, have you considered that maybe he doesn't think they're town?

That has no bearing in any way, shape, or form to my read.
Of course he either does, or will claim, to not town read them - it doesn't matter.

In post 76, farside22 wrote:I see someone trying to understand your point and I see his frustrations about your town read. I can see why he thought it was quick and questionable.

You do?
The only reason he tried to understand me was I pointed out that he was unevenly applying an issue to Sakura and not to me or himself. It was only then that he seemed to give a hang for understanding me, and I don't really get frustration from him either.

I can agree it could be read a squick and questionable - would have felt better if that had been his first read though...also, not really buying into caring about a quick and questionable town read on Day 1.

Can you back up this thought of yours?
It feels very weak.

In post 76, farside22 wrote:What do you think of haca following you?

That it is in line with my general expectations of her - does it seem out of line for her play in your opinion?

In post 88, Concrete Angels wrote:I am townreading Thor.

Why?
Your only reason to seems to be based off a scum read of Sakura.

Most people find my reason's weak. You won't be the first and sure as shit won't be the last.
Why were you town reading a spot on page one?
Can you say they were strong?
I just do what I feel when I read things, maybe I should stop that but I see scum stubble more when pushed then town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 106, Wingback wrote:Concrete Angels, Thor665, Davsto, and Farside22 are townreads.

Null on Concrete currently but I agree with Thor and Dav

In post 114, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Hey farside, what's up?

Hey not sakura
I'm looking for some unfiltered thoughts from both of you too.
Not just defending but your stands so far.

In post 115, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 112, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 88, Concrete Angels wrote:I am townreading Thor.

p-edit: re: cat's post - "weirdly aggressive". Exactly.

Also please don't do the sqwauk thing. It gives me horrible flashbacks of Dark Age.

SQUAWK

This was a bad post. I know it's technically not game related but it's like you're trying to convey an "i don't give a fuck" attitude.

:?: :?:
I don't even see how you come to that conclusion
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:14 am

Post by farside22 »

concrete is a town read

In post 133, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:I played with him in Disney. He dicked around but that was after farside called him conftown when he really wasn't and even then this feels much more over the top than there.

In post 160, Davsto wrote:

Sheeps votes on Vedith.

Not liking this.

meh

In post 161, Vedith wrote:
In post 149, Concrete Angels wrote:..... you've been consistently posting elsewhere.

I'm not sure I have posted properly on here any Friday evening and hardly ever on a Saturday.
You obviously looked into my games, and yet you haven't even read what I've posted in them.

You claim I posted here Thursday, when the time I posted here first was on Friday morning while at work, where I then had small amount of activity in the day on a select amount of threads threads (Average of about 2/3 posts a thread).

So I suggest if you are going to use this as an excuse, 1 - You learn my time zone and 2 - you actually learn my activity patterns.

For the rest who say that this is a valid argument, explain how and explain your scum read further. :)

I'm noting this so I can check this later
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 159, Wingback wrote:Thor, I'd like you to explain the Cataphant townread. That was my one hangup about you and I'd like it cleared up.

How is not explaining a soft townred (with reasons given why I'm not) from RVS a "hangup" about me?

In post 161, Vedith wrote:For the rest who say that this is a valid argument, explain how and explain your scum read further. :)

Ooooh, he calls me out, not by name, but in a general call out.
That's good, I have a collection of gauntlets.

Let's talk;

First off your Saturday/Friday thing is silly - people's date/times are set by them, not other posters. So, probably for however he had the board configured you had posted on Friday. For me, you posted Saturday - but at 4:30am Saturday. I bet that's not what your post indicates - and it doesn't matter.

Second off, his lurking call on you is perfectly valid - when he called you out on it I went and pulled up your post iso and scrolled back through *4 pages* of posts found in other threads than this one. If you were only doing 1-3 in friend's threads, then you have a lot of friends' threads to post in and probably need to replace out of this game to fulfill that massive time obligation elsewhere.

Also, by my accounting, you *did* show aggressive activity elsewhere and not here, so a call that you are lurking in this thread is provable, and, consequently, vote worthy if I find that suspect.
And I do.

If you would like to use your next post or two here inbetween dozens and dozens of posts elsewhere to offer a few reads and look generically towny maybe I'll unvote you.
If you would like to justify why you're ducking this thread compared to others maybe I'll unvote you.
If you would like to explain why this case is unfounded, maybe I'll unvote you.

But as currently stands I want to speed lynch you, and think more people should vote you now, as all you're doing is slappy defense and not scumhunting.

Spoiler: reference for the really unclear responses
In post 95, Thor665 wrote:
In post 76, farside22 wrote:I see someone trying to understand your point and I see his frustrations about your town read. I can see why he thought it was quick and questionable.

You do?
The only reason he tried to understand me was I pointed out that he was unevenly applying an issue to Sakura and not to me or himself. It was only then that he seemed to give a hang for understanding me, and I don't really get frustration from him either.

I can agree it could be read a squick and questionable - would have felt better if that had been his first read though...also, not really buying into caring about a quick and questionable town read on Day 1.

Can you back up this thought of yours?
It feels very weak.

In post 76, farside22 wrote:What do you think of haca following you?

That it is in line with my general expectations of her - does it seem out of line for her play in your opinion?

In post 167, farside22 wrote:Most people find my reason's weak. You won't be the first and sure as Smurf won't be the last.

I will take that as a "no - I cannot back up a read of seeing logic in someone applying reads hypocritically or blindly".

In post 167, farside22 wrote:Why were you town reading a spot on page one?

Why not?

In post 167, farside22 wrote:Can you say they were strong?

No.
But I apply my tells equally to all players with only adjustments being made based off playstyle rather than going "oh, wait, *you* did that too, and so did I? Well...um...huzzah!".
So, no, I see no connection.

In post 167, farside22 wrote:I just do what I feel when I read things, maybe I should stop that but I see scum stubble more when pushed then town.

I presume "stubble" means, not facial hair but is in reference to Hepasoihroaij's sheeping?
I really don't follow this answer even with that concept in my head.
If it's about Concrete Angel - then...is it "stumble" Eh, this makes a bit more sense, are you suggesting sloppy play is more common from...town, even though you look to be saying the opposite, though I happily admit to being lost as to this sentence - clarify?

Also - could you address my question to you about Hepasljdaso's playstyle? You seem to have dropped that, unless the last line is about it.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Antihero »

You have muddled everything from the start, taking that child with you from Marrakesh. Don't you realise that Americans dislike having their children stolen?

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Vote Count 1.3

Cataphants - 1 (Davsto)
Davsto - 1 (Ankamius)
Hecatia Lapislazuli - 2 (farside22, pistachi0n)
Lying Cat - 1 (Vedith)
pistachi0n - 1 (Wingback)
Thor665 - 1 (Lying Cat)
Vedith - 4 (Concrete Angels, Thor665, Cataphant, Hecatia Lapislazuli)

Not Voting: hi im Yakko, massive

7 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2015-10-16 00:40:36)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

I am not often in love with vote count fluff and pics.
This game is one of the few exceptions.
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Cataphant »

@Far, glad to see you're town <3

I didn't notice pistachions callout of Sakura there initially, but you're right. That's a really strange post. Definitely not looking at pistachio very favourably right about now
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

Fascinating, because I got the opposite impression. Care to share your reasoning?

Note to self, CA and Far side are not scum together.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”