Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.04 Congruent number problem
This video is about the congruent number problem. It’s first in a series of 4 videos, which explain the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer conjecture, another of the Millennium Prize problems, but this video by itself isn’t enough to understand the wikipedia page on the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer conjecture, it’s just aiming us in that direction.

Congruent numbers are integers that are the area of a right triangle with 3 rational sides. So a right triangle with area 1 and side length 1, 2, sqrt(3) won’t work because sqrt(3) isn’t rational. But you could have a triangle with area 6 and sides 3, 4, and 5, or a triangle with area 1.5 and sides 1.5, 2, 2.5, or a triangle with area 5 and sides 20/3, 3/2, 41/6.

:!:
BlueBloodedToffee
(L-4) All Alone, JarJarDrinks, lalaladucks
lalaladucks
(L-6): BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting
(8): Antihero, Bellaphant, DeasVail, DeathRowKitty, Espeonage, Fro99er,
lalaladucks
, MTD, Wanderer-nl

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 284th (22*71) day of the year or in (expired on 2015-10-13 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have maths related flavour requests.

Mod notes: Today is the 273rd day of the year. 3*7*13. It must be Wednesday because divisible by 7. MTD is V/LA until further notice. Bella’s V/LA until Sunday.
Last edited by Plotinus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Fro99er »

VOTE: BBT

If BBT somehow flips town, All Alone and Ducky become super sus. There are ways scum could gambit this, but it's not as likely as stopping the kill because that would be dumb. In frog Maf, scum NK'd because they were down to one player, which made sense at that time to throw some WIFOM into the game, but it seems too early for a gambit like that here.

I also think BBT helping to re-ignite the Mollie wagon is scummy.

Finally in frog g Maf he was more conversational despite being framed. He was more defensive here, and I think he made a reactionary mistake here about the roleblock not stopping kills. He was being framed in Frog Maf, but wasn't defensive/reactionary.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@Mod - numbers: fermat's last theorem!
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Had shaky access last few days so I am not up to date.
Don't @ me.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 697, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 691, lalaladucks wrote:
now that i've thought about it and read the latest posts it does make sense for the claim to come from town rather than scum. if all alone was scum this would be a short-sighted plan because if we lynched bubbly and he flipped town, suspicion would immediately be placed on all alone

And then if we lynch all alone and he flips red, you'd probably be the next most suspicious person. Cause for him to make that claim, he'd have to have a good reason. And the only reason I can think of is he wanted to stop the wagon from forming on you which it looked like was gonna happen.

Like you keep saying it's a bad plan for scum cause it would make All Alone suspicious. But it wouldn't be that bad of a plan if it kept scum from getting lynched today.

What you are saying is that scum planned to no-kill so they can save lala from being lynched and by doing that they implicate a 2nd buddy who wasn't part of the discussion yet. lala wasn't even near any danger of being lynched, the thread hasn't even been open 24 hours yet..
Maybe Deas was up to something with his softclaim, have you thought about that? Btw, the way All Alone claimed made me think it came from town because I'd expect scum to cover their claim up with a nice story if why it points to being scum.
BBT forgetting about RB being able to block the scum-kill seems pretty weird to me but it does make sense to think a roleblocker would block a role ability and not a factional ability. But I actually think scum would be more curious in regard to a town RB and BBT's response to All Alone wasn't that of curious scum. But what's even the point of a town RB if they can't block a factional kill?

I would also like to know why All Alone picked BBT. With multiple options of what happened last night we don't know if the roleblock really stopped the kill. I'll look at BBT but I kinda liked his lala-vote earlier and didn't think he was scum from yesterday.

Deas, without giving us too many details, how sure can you be that it was your action that stopped the NK?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Fro99er »

BBT Wanderer team?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Yeah. BBT Wanderer team.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 584, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Mollie/Wanderer/All Alone. Any of these 3 are fine, fine lynches.

VOTE: Mollie

^last BBT post of D1

In post 615, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Lala

^first BBT post of D2

Why the Ducky vote instead of wanderer or all alone?
Heil King Froggo.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 704, Wanderer-nl wrote:What you are saying is that scum planned to no-kill so they can save lala from being lynched and by doing that they implicate a 2nd buddy who wasn't part of the discussion yet.

What? What would lead you to believe I think scum no-killed? That's not something I'm entertaining the thought of at all.

And regardless, I'm not saying that I think this is what happened. I'm telling lala that there actually is a reason for all alone to claim as scum there.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I can't be the only person looking @ that wanderer post thinking that it's coming from scum trying to figure out what the F happened to their kill?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

It would be pretty surprising to me if All Alone isn't capable of roleblocking, regardless of their alignment. I want to
waffle a bit
think about the not-knowing-what-a-roleblocker-does thing though. I'm probably more of a sucker for that kind of stuff in general from scum than I should be and I feel dirty and biased by other things in the game even before taking that into consideration.

I'm caught between wanting to wordvomit opinions that might not even make sense and wanting to say absolutely nothing so I can give myself some space to shake some things that I don't want to believe. Gah. I need something on which to ground myself right now
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 657, JarJarDrinks wrote:
in the 2nd link you quoted TSO who said " I basically don't think pisskop would be sent to do the kill. I think that the risk of Salamence being a maverick and blocking him would be too great."

Nothing too incrinating but you quoted someone who is stating that scums kill can be blocked.

The third link seems self-explanatory. You specifically say that PRs can block kills.

OK, yeah as you say the 2nd link doesn't seem to show a whole lot.

The third link shows something completely different. I said PRs...not town roleblocker. PRs includes many different types of role.

In post 658, JarJarDrinks wrote:
You've been scum. Why do you think that scum has to designate an attacker?

Scum always have to designate a killer. Always.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:30 pm

In post 677, Fro99er wrote:
In post 617, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Your defence of Mollie was, what's that word...ah yeah, scummy.

Defense of Mollie?

Yeah, I'll show you when I finish catching up.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:38 pm

In post 684, lalaladucks wrote:
haha
suspicious
bubbletea >_>

It is? Why? I still don't get why my bad knowledge about roles is scummy. I bet if I could be bothered I could find a tonne of games that show me saying the same kind of things as
either
alignment. Bad role knowledge is not alignment indicative and it's funny how so many people are jumping at this.

In post 687, Fro99er wrote:I invited in 520, BBT made his Mollie push in 582-584 while I was asleep. Then I woke up and mentioned I slept on it and I had also seen BBT and I think it was DRK's posts that helped me think Mollie was off, thereby restarting the wagon. So I voted again in 587

This is pretty shitty...I was clearly catching up on the game during those posts. Had I been around at the time of Mollie's posting and had attacked her in real time, would my posting have been scummy then?

In post 698, Fro99er wrote:
I don't *think* you're scum, because I think BBT might be given the night actions, but I'm not going to simply disregard anything either.

Why do you think I would be given the actions?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:43 pm

In post 701, Fro99er wrote:
I also think BBT helping to re-ignite the Mollie wagon is scummy.

Finally in frog g Maf he was more conversational despite being framed. He was more defensive here, and I think he made a reactionary mistake here about the roleblock not stopping kills. He was being framed in Frog Maf, but wasn't defensive/reactionary.

1st one - still pretty shitty reasoning.

2nd one - I don't see how I was a) more defensive and b) less conversational. Can you show the differences please?

In post 707, Fro99er wrote:
Why the Ducky vote instead of wanderer or all alone?

I mean, I quite clearly stated why I was voting Lala. Surprisingly, Mollie's flip effected my reads of the game and I wanted to pursue where one of the roads it led me down.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 pm

In post 382, lalaladucks wrote:
Spoiler: um
ew

ummm

i don't like this

ugh now i don't really think mollie is that likely to be a scumbumble

gonna think about things but idk whether to move my vote or unvote or ehhhhhhhhh

well i wrote an unvote but then... nah guess i'll keep it there for now

no that's gross

fudge

what is this post even

should i even post this

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

will put in spoiler whatever

In post 384, lalaladucks wrote:
ugh i do not like this at all man

In post 389, lalaladucks wrote:
pedit: >: but i just ehhhhh.. not getting a good feeling about it. don't have much play experience with her though, to be fair. but i'm too lazy to look at her past games to determine if this has happened before.

OK, these first 3 posts are Lala expressing her dislike with the Mollie wagon - the problem is, she doesn't do anything about it. She's just like, 'aww man I'm so uncomfortable with this Mollie wagon but I'm not going to present any better options or actually state why my read is changing, instead, I'm just going to waffle about why I don't like it so that it's really easy to change my mind if I need to and I don't actually stop the momentum of the wagon.'

In post 529, lalaladucks wrote:
i started to get a bad feeling about lynching you but all you have done recently is shout 'i am TOWN' and about how it's going to be
hilarious
when you flip and tell us to pay attention to your reads - but i've examined them and i'm finding them somewhat unclear and not so easy to follow???

Then came the change of mind - Mollie is back to being an acceptable wagon. Again, Lala doesn't explain anything, she's just very waffly on the whole thing. It looks like she is trying to feign that she is reevaluating her reads.

Scum don't WK hard - I think people learnt a long time ago that it's a great way of getting yourself lynched. For the people who missed Lala defending Mollie - you're not looking closely enough. Scum try to appear unsure/uneasy about the wagon
without actually stopping it
. Which is exactly what Lala was doing.

The reason it stands out so much is that if you compare it to the way JarJar approached defending Mollie, they're worlds apart.

JarJar's is from a town perspective. Lala's is from a scum perspective.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 713, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I still don't get why my bad knowledge about roles is scummy. I bet if I could be bothered I could find a tonne of games that show me saying the same kind of things as
either
alignment. Bad role knowledge is not alignment indicative and it's funny how so many people are jumping at this.

in his signature, bubbletea wrote:Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

wow yeah you're really convincing me that you're town right now bud keep it up i might just soften a little and unvote because i drank a bubbletea this afternoon and it was glorious :]
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 713, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 684, lalaladucks wrote:
haha
suspicious
bubbletea >_>

It is? Why?

oh no need to act so
innocent
man!

according to ~some sources~ you're supposed to be good at mafia so i don't think you didn't actually know what roleblockers do!

also you're scum!

:wink:
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 715, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
OK, these first 3 posts are Lala expressing her dislike with the Mollie wagon - the problem is, she doesn't do anything about it. She's just like, 'aww man I'm so uncomfortable with this Mollie wagon but I'm not going to present any better options or actually state why my read is changing, instead, I'm just going to waffle about why I don't like it so that it's really easy to change my mind if I need to and I don't actually stop the momentum of the wagon.'

since we apparently use META now, i'm like that all of the time? can't really be bothered to explain some things. sometimes i don't really know why i changed my mind or it's purely gut, so i just say whatever comes to mind! and it's gotten me mislynched many a time :]
(except for my first + second game; in my first couple of games i tried really hard and put a lot of thought into stuff but it didn't work out so great and i still was mislynched in the second one so now i just float around and do whatever!)

In post 529, lalaladucks wrote:
i started to get a bad feeling about lynching you but all you have done recently is shout 'i am TOWN' and about how it's going to be
hilarious
when you flip and tell us to pay attention to your reads - but i've examined them and i'm finding them somewhat unclear and not so easy to follow???

Then came the change of mind - Mollie is back to being an acceptable wagon. Again, Lala doesn't explain anything, she's just very waffly on the whole thing. It looks like she is trying to feign that she is reevaluating her reads.

Spoiler:

Scum don't WK hard - I think people learnt a long time ago that it's a great way of getting yourself lynched. For the people who missed Lala defending Mollie - you're not looking closely enough. Scum try to appear unsure/uneasy about the wagon
without actually stopping it
. Which is exactly what Lala was doing.

nope!

The reason it stands out so much is that if you compare it to the way JarJar approached defending Mollie, they're worlds apart.

like the season of survivor?? nice nice
see jarjar actually was defending mollie, after she started spamming the thread i stopped really caring if she was lynched because she wasn't helping us?

JarJar's is from a town perspective. Lala's is from a scum perspective.

nuh uhhh
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Lala, I wasn't using meta to prove anything - I was saying it's not alignment indicative.

Tell me, how does skill level correlate to knowledge about roles?

Nobodies using meta but you. Your response to my case is actually pretty bad and I hope to see you accumulate votes quickly.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 710, DeathRowKitty wrote:It would be pretty surprising to me if All Alone isn't capable of roleblocking, regardless of their alignment. I want to
waffle a bit
think about the not-knowing-what-a-roleblocker-does thing though. I'm probably more of a sucker for that kind of stuff in general from scum than I should be and I feel dirty and biased by other things in the game even before taking that into consideration.

I'm caught between wanting to wordvomit opinions that might not even make sense and wanting to say absolutely nothing so I can give myself some space to shake some things that I don't want to believe. Gah. I need something on which to ground myself right now

ヽ(^o^)ρ┳┻┳°σ(^o^)/

can you ground yourself on this ping-pong table?

it's fun! :]
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 719, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Lala, I wasn't using meta to prove anything - I was saying it's not alignment indicative.

Tell me, how does skill level correlate to knowledge about roles?

a skilled player of the game mafia may be expected to be reasonably knowledgeable about the roles involved in the game of mafia?

Nobodies using meta but you. Your response to my case is actually pretty bad and I hope to see you accumulate votes quickly.

lol that was your case?

man you almost convinced me i'm scum. quivering in my boots over here D:

Spoiler: case on bubbletea
sjdjndjnf
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 709, JarJarDrinks wrote:I can't be the only person looking @ that wanderer post thinking that it's coming from scum trying to figure out what the F happened to their kill?

I think scum probably have a very good idea what happened to their kill since they actually know 2 more things than we do: who actually was the one that performed the kill AND who was their target. And I don't believe BBT is scum so yeah, I want to figure out if there's at all a chance that Deas is sure his action is what stopped the kill.
I'll look into lala tonight, this whole mess with BBT somewhat distracted me from that. Yesterday I thought lala didn't want to vote because mollie could be her buddy, we now know that isn't the case and I'll need to take another look at things before putting down my vote.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 722, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I think scum probably have a very good idea what happened to their kill since they actually know 2 more things than we do: who actually was the one that performed the kill AND who was their target. And I don't believe BBT is scum so yeah, I want to figure out
if there's at all a chance that Deas is sure his action is what stopped the kill.

I'll look into lala tonight, this whole mess with BBT somewhat distracted me from that. Yesterday I thought lala didn't want to vote because mollie could be her buddy, we now know that isn't the case and I'll need to take another look at things before putting down my vote.

how would you know DV has an action?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:33 am

Post by Fro99er »

VOTE: wanderer

I'm finding every post by Wanderer scummy, and I think that could very well be a scum slip.
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”