Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 110, Aristophanes wrote:Also, the "we" just read as "oh, you do this? I do too as I am town." To me. I even read it as a tad snark, but that could just be my own filter. I didn't see budding either way.

Yeah I didn't see that either.
The argument Rob had with me was that Titus talking about a SK and deciding that there isn't one wasn't inside information, but using 'we' is inside information?
Although I still think Titus is pretty scummy, it was nit picking from Rob's side.
I claim scum \o/
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Rob14 »

It was placing me and him together in the category of town that's actually scumhunting. Except I don't believe, in the absence of very specific rationale for why he would place me in that category, that he had enough information to do so by, what, page 4?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 33, Titus wrote:Didn't I teach you a lot about how SK and scum are different in the Halloween game? :facepalm:

Second, SKs aren't relevant here.

VOTE: SilverWolf

No sympathy from me, you're better than this.

At the time you made it, was this an RVS vote or a serious/semi-serious vote? If it was serious, can you explain why you found this scummy?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Upon re-reading the interaction, I'm dismissing the possibility of SW v Titus being scum v scum. The only reason I had to think SW was scum was a suboptimal response to being pushed in RVS. But if they knew the person pushing them was not genuinely doing so, then I don't see why they'd react with concern. I also recalled that we didn't have a confirm period, so there was probably no scum discussion prior to the start of Day 1 (unless they have daytalk). A scum v scum push early Day 1 would be risky with no discussion beforehand.

This just eliminates the possibility of Scum!SW and Scum!Titus together, not the possibility that either one could be.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Post by Rob14 »

@Prolapsed Brain: Are you going to provide any analysis, reads, or contributions at some point, or are you going to continue to be passive?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 114, Titus wrote:Prolapsed, I view SW, Klingon, Dragon and to a limited extent Flubber as my babies. So I get the coaching angle. Eventually, I will have to stop playing and I want to leave players as good as I am, if not better when I go.

@SW, I haven't said Stream of Consciousness is a town tell and it is personality tell
. Transparency suggests town. That is what fuels my townreads.

Yes, I am aware you aggressive uncompromising personality and you getting lynched day 1 or at least attacked a lot? On a day with no evidence, who people like colors their interpretation of things.

In post 102, Titus wrote:
In post 100, Rob14 wrote:Titus, can you explain how you have such a strong town read on me by page 4 to refer to me as part of the "us" group? I'm just not seeing it. If you have a clear rationale, then I'll reconsider, but I don't think I've ever town-read someone hard enough in the first few pages to be willing to consider them confirmed town like you apparently consider me, based on your language.

I don't consider you confirmed town. I think you're town because you are clear and transparent.
I post stream of consciousness as town too
, and it gets me in hot water when I don't hold the popular opinion (see Xmen age of apocolypse). I can say you think like me and that I follow you well. That's not a certain conftown read. I would only say conftown if mason.

Don't confuse a town read with being God's gift.

I posted these quotes in their entirety for context but bolded where I saw you call Rob town and then say you post in stream of consciousness as town too. If you look at the game and quote I put in you said in a game you were pushing town as scum, that stream of consciousness was a personality tell and not a town tell. The reason I have a problem with this is because you are manipulating this meta tell to suit your own agenda. If you want someone lynched, it's not a town tell. If you want to buddy someone right away and get them on your side, it's something you do as town and so is he (Robb) and you make the assumption you are both town. Then you talk about transparency. At the time Robb hadn't made enough posts for you to determine he's transparent town. You also townread Ari off of one post, then get on my case for supposedly townread those I agree with, but then saying you agree with him and therefore he's town.

Basically Titus you got on my case for supposed contradictions but have repeatedly contradicted yourself in this game. Your reasons for scumreading me are bad and I've pointed out how bad they are. Anyone that reads it can see that.

In post 114, Titus wrote:Prolapsed, I view SW, Klingon, Dragon and to a limited extent Flubber as my babies. So I get the coaching angle. Eventually, I will have to stop playing and I want to leave players as good as I am, if not better when I go.

@SW, I haven't said Stream of Consciousness is a town tell and it is personality tell. Transparency suggests town. That is what fuels my townreads.

Yes, I am aware you aggressive uncompromising personality and you getting lynched day 1 or at least attacked a lot? On a day with no evidence, who people like colors their interpretation of things.

I haven't been mislynched as town in a long time. I do get attacked on D1 in some of my games because of the way I react to bad scumreads being thrown at me before I can really start playing. I often start out slow/rough in games. 188 was a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Regarding you teaching us and hoping to make us better players, all I have to say is that was very true starting out. But I've been playing awhile now and I feel like you constantly putting me on the level of a student still learning, discredits me in a way I don't like.
In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 115, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 86, Titus wrote:Oh I forgot, cult's not possible.

I'm catching up, why is cult not possible?

Mod said no alignment changes.

@Rob, I will find a specific town game where I like transparency. In the meantime, I made a post on how to read me before this game entered signups.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61986

In the sign up thread, reading the description of the game, the mod did say alignment changes are possible. I'll see if I can find it.

Here:

In post 1287, Jingle wrote:

This game is based on original flavor and there will be misinformation involved. With that said, there is only one 'bastard' element to the game.

One of the players will receive a Janitor Role PM. While that player is alive I will not guarantee any flips as being real, although they will feature an accurate alignment. All flips after the Janitor dies will be accurate, however.

For anyone still interested: Welcome, to the small town of Helen. We're a friendly enough folk, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Setup Specific Rules:1. There is a Janitor in this game, and thus I cannot guarantee that all flips will appear the same as the role PM that player received. I will guarantee that all flips will have the correct alignment.

2. There may be a possibility of your alignment changing over the course of the game. If this is possible, you will be notified of this in your Role PM. I will not lie to anyone over the course of this game about their win condition or any changes to it.

3. At the beginning of this game, there will be ten players aligned with the town.

4. Nothing in this post is in any way false.

5. There are no cults or jesters in this game.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 120, Titus wrote:
I don't know how to quote a locked thread.

Click the PM button for the post you want to quote. There's some extraneous info near the top, but the post is quoted with all BBcode intact. Copy/paste at will.

In post 129, Rob14 wrote:@Prolapsed Brain: Are you going to provide any analysis, reads, or contributions at some point, or are you going to continue to be passive?

Well, now that the Drama with SW seems to be subsiding, I'll be more vocal. But I'll warn you: I'm not very good at D1. I need flips to work with.

Also, why are you not calling out those lesser-active? At least I'm posting. O_o
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 131, Prolapsed Brain wrote:At least I'm posting.

Posting just to look more active?
I claim scum \o/
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Titus »

@SW, Line 5 of what you quoted clearly proves the point. No cults, thus no alignment changes.

If you're town, the whole I don't like you is just the problem. Tell me, you used to not like Grandma/Klingoncelt to where you'd have explosions very much. I don't see why you're trying to shoot down townreads either as Rob is town and unless you intend to prove otherwise, your post looks like whining I caught it first or you could be PoEd.

@Rob, I actually find that not to be true. Scum tend to selectively quote, ignore bad behavior from buddies, and make arguments with logical fallacies because they have zero desire to find the truth (unless multiball). Even if they look transparent at first, eventually it fails. Transparency early is good for an early townread. Could it change? Of course.

@Prolapsed Brain, why do you think the drama is subsiding? SW is still raging and trying to force an unusually narrow focus here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 am

Post by Titus »

I am going to be out most of the day. There is also a chance my jury trial goes and I will have to be VLA next week. I will keep y'all informed.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 131, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 120, Titus wrote:Also, why are you not calling out those lesser-active? At least I'm posting. O_o

Active lurking is worse than normal lurking in the first 48 hours of a game.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Rob14 »

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

SW vs Titus - Titus seems to manipulating/inferring a lot from SW's posts to provoke a reaction. Leaning town because it's extremely aggressive and succeeding in getting a response from SW. SW is overdefensive but frustration at being scumread for stupid reasons comes from either alignment, so still null on her for now.

I like where Vedith and pistachi0n are at. Rob13 is efforting a bit too much this early in the game but I will have to meta this weekend to see if that's normal for him.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Aristophanes. Standing on the sidelines and sheeping Titus, fueling the flames of an unproductive and petty argument. We already have one person getting under SilverWolf's skin and using it to paint her as scummy, we don't need two.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:14 am

Post by 20x100 »

My CON is very FIRM

-head 2
20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:15 am

Post by 20x100 »

Dammit I don't have time to read this another head needs to do it
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Aristophanes »

@Titus
I think you missed line 2 of thar same quote from Farside.
There are no cults, you're right. But there is potential of alignment change if advised of such in Role PM.
Why did you skip this in order to discredit Silverwolf further?
Also, I think the reason you get lynched a lot D1 is because you come in guns blazing and stir the pot. I like this, but it does get the spotlight on you and thus increases lynch potential an awful lot.

@GuiltyLion
I was merely pointing out logic. If that is bad, you won't like me much. It's a staple of my town game (especially recently).

Can someone e expand on the Rob13 votes for me? That slot seems fine to me. By "efforting too much" do you mean they are trying to appear helpful while not doing so in practice? I have to reread them if so because I didn't get that the first time through.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:23 am

Post by 20x100 »

Silverwolf is town.

TITUS: do you like apples? cooked or raw better?
20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:24 am

Post by 20x100 »

I ended up reading the game btw and methinks silver be town-like.

Also, there isnt a cult, becuase the OP says there is only ONE role that can change alignment. im p sure. lemme go check
20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 am

Post by 20x100 »

oh wait it says AT LEAST ONE.

so cult is still possible then?

^^^all this is head 2
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

[quote="In post 130, SilverWolf"
In the sign up thread, reading the description of the game, the mod did say alignment changes are possible. I'll see if I can find it.

Here:

In post 1287, Jingle wrote:

This game is based on original flavor and there will be misinformation involved. With that said, there is only one 'bastard' element to the game.

One of the players will receive a Janitor Role PM. While that player is alive I will not guarantee any flips as being real, although they will feature an accurate alignment. All flips after the Janitor dies will be accurate, however.

For anyone still interested: Welcome, to the small town of Helen. We're a friendly enough folk, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Setup Specific Rules:1. There is a Janitor in this game, and thus I cannot guarantee that all flips will appear the same as the role PM that player received. I will guarantee that all flips will have the correct alignment.

2. There may be a possibility of your alignment changing over the course of the game. If this is possible, you will be notified of this in your Role PM. I will not lie to anyone over the course of this game about their win condition or any changes to it.

3. At the beginning of this game, there will be ten players aligned with the town.

4. Nothing in this post is in any way false.

5. There are no cults or jesters in this game.
[/quote]20x100,
How did you miss this post in your reread?
It's literally on THIS PAGE!
Are you sure you read back?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

^ formatting screwed up. Sorry.
- Jingle
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Titus »

@Head 2, Cults are explicitly excluded.

@Ari, if you're alignment is in your role pm, it wouldn't change, just the win condition. Saying alignment change is deceptive. Even then, it's best just to play to whatever's second.

Why do you think Silver's town? Why do you think cooked versus raw apples matters. I like mine raw but why.

Trial didn't go but still out today.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

Bah second and third paragraphs are to Head 2.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 am

Post by 20x100 »

In post 146, Titus wrote:
Why do you think Silver's town? Why do you think cooked versus raw apples matters. I like mine raw but why.

Trial didn't go but still out today.

Silver is town becuase the only other time i saw her like this emotional was when she was town.

becuase raw apples are dah bomb and cooked apples are for scum.

20x100
20x100
Townie
20x100
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:40 am

Post by 20x100 »

In post 144, Aristophanes wrote:
How did you miss this post in your reread?
It's literally on THIS PAGE!
Are you sure you read back?

I skipped the silverwall

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”