Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 349, Rob14 wrote:Titus, are you voting PB because they're lurking, or because the posts that they have made are scummy? To be clear, I'm doing the latter, and I don't think it's a good idea to do the former (we'd have to lynch half the game if we did that).

Scummily lurking.

Their lurking is why they are scummy. I mentioned a lot about a
specific
deadline that PB gave to be accountable and that's why I gave him more credence than GL who basically is saying I'll obvscum and never scumhunt. Well, I hate liars more. PB has said that the day would be all clear, but where is he? That I have a problem with.

I want specific timelines, specific conditions AND accountability.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

VOTE COUNT 1.4

It was remarkably swift, in hindsight. Hardly a month went by between the disappearance of Kari, and the next such event. Though they had little in common, it seems not a large leap of faith to see the connection. Officer Howard was the late night shift, all by himself, and was not missed until morning. Like the previous body, his was found with two wounds. A small hole at the base of the neck, and what appeared to be a bite mark above the carotid artery. The coroner made the offhand remark that it appeared he was attacked by 'vampire wannabes' and the press ran with the story. It took less than a week for the hysteria to take hold. Soon there was a mass exodus from the town, dropping a small population of 578 down to the double digits. If only the exodus had taken more people from the town, or fewer, perhaps the tragedy would not have been so great.

Aristophanes (3): GuiltyLion, Flubbernugget, SilverWolf,
Titus (2): Vedith, 20x100,
Prolapsed Brain (2): Rob13, Titus,
20x100 (1): Aristophanes
Flubbernugget (1): pistachi0n,
Boonskiies (1): Boonskiies,
SilverWolf (0):
Rob13 (0):
GuiltyLion (0):
Vedith (0):
pistachi0n (0):
Hieirama (0):
A Simple Plan (0):

Not Voting (4): Prolapsed Brain, Hieirama, A Simple Plan,

With 13 alive, it is 7 to Lynch or No Lynch.

Day 1 Ends in: (expired on 2015-10-21 22:00:00)

Prodding Aristophanes.

In post 329, Boonskiies wrote:Going to point out that I used to get in trouble for borderline trust telling with self voting because I would only do it as town. Not the case anymore, but I've done it far more times as town than scum.

No mod action is required in this case.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 351, Jingle wrote:No mod action is required in this case.

He attempted to invoke a trust tell. Even if he doesn't do it
only
as town, and just much more often as town than scum, he did a specific action purposefully and then stated he was more likely to be town than not because he does that more often as town than not. He is very clearly trying to skirt the site rules with relation to trust tells, as these past quotes clearly show:

In post 2123, Boonskiies wrote:ALSO I CAN NO LONGER BE GIVEN THAT TRUST TELL SPEECH!!! I'VE SELF VOTED AS SCUM!!! MOOO HA HA HA.

In post 1864, Boonskiies wrote:Done it like 6 times as town. Done it once as scum. I can say this now without it being a trust tell. ttt

In post 2012, Boonskiies wrote:Eh, i flail more as town than scum, so I don't get what you are getting at. Also, I've self-voted as town 7 times, 8 now, and once as scum. I used to get in trouble for it being a basically a trust tell.

In post 477, Boonskiies wrote:OH!!!

@Mod - this isn't a trust tell anymore like it was the last time I did it in the game you modded; I've self-voted once as scum, 9 ish times as town.

What alignment was he in all those games? Town. Who'd have guessed?!?!?

Boon is almost definitely town, even though I hate that I'm saying that. He's done this a single time as scum and then tried to use that one instance to avoid a ban for trust telling. I'm taking this to the list mods.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Titus »

I think we have to pm the mods and/or list mod privately.

Having reactions to this in thread basically turns the game into scumhunting mod decisions, as to who did what and why regarding this. I signed onto play mafia, not guess the proper mod reaction.

Therefore, anyone who has an issue should tell the mod and possibly the list mods.

That being said, If Rob and Boon are the same alignment the move shows an incredible amount of integrity on Rob's part and I respect it (whether or not I disagree with his viewpoint which I will not say in spirit of the game).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'll be catching up in this game later after work.
I claim scum \o/
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 302, Titus wrote:

Talk to me about Ari.

I'll answer this after work. In the meantime, since you are voting PB for lurking, perhaps you'll notice Ari hasn't posted anything for over 2 days and hasn't addressed any of the accusations against him so far.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:05 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 219, A Simple Plan wrote:Shit, I forgot this game was a thing! Time to play ketchup.

This was almost two days ago.

Hi, what is your opinion on the gamestate so far? Done catching up? Reads?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:28 am

Post by SilverWolf »

BTW-I don't think Boon is scum and it has nothing to do with this trust tell business. It has to do with me not thinking scum would enter the game the way he did.
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Hieirama »

Quickreply phonepost;

Doesn't prolapsed... Do this quite often? He's not looking very good, but it's nothing that his Meta or RL things can't explain.
I don't expect prolapsed to flip scum.

Also, 20x100, you really need to get your heads straight. Do hyrdas usually scream at themselves?
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 358, Hieirama wrote:Doesn't prolapsed... Do this quite often? He's not looking very good, but it's nothing that his Meta or RL things can't explain.

Do you mean actively lurk in general, the actual full-on lurking he's doing now, or the trying to get towncred for active lurking?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 353, Titus wrote:I think we have to pm the mods and/or list mod privately.

Having reactions to this in thread basically turns the game into scumhunting mod decisions, as to who did what and why regarding this. I signed onto play mafia, not guess the proper mod reaction.

Therefore, anyone who has an issue should tell the mod and possibly the list mods.

That being said, If Rob and Boon are the same alignment the move shows an incredible amount of integrity on Rob's part and I respect it (whether or not I disagree with his viewpoint which I will not say in spirit of the game).

I've PM'd the list mod privately to allow them to look into this situation, but in the meantime, since the mod of this game hasn't taken action, it's pertinent to use the information we have available to us. That information may be game-breaking, but eh, it's not like I can pretend it isn't there. And that info points to Boon being town.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Rob14 »

And it hasn't been lost on me that so far I've put the most effort into trying to get someone modkilled who's probably of the same alignment as me. heh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 360, Rob14 wrote:
In post 353, Titus wrote:I think we have to pm the mods and/or list mod privately.

I've PM'd the list mod privately to allow them to look into this situation, but in the meantime, since the mod of this game hasn't taken action, it's pertinent to use the information we have available to us. That information may be game-breaking, but eh, it's not like I can pretend it isn't there. And that info points to Boon being town.

Well I'm not asking you to lynch Boon, I am telling you that I am just not scumhunting mod choices.

@SW, Ari's been absent across everything I believe.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm not scumhunting based on mod choices, though, I'm scumhunting based on the evidence that indicates this is a trust tell.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Titus »

@Rob, Point of error. Not understanding. I was talking about it would be against the spirit to scumream or townread people based on the mod's decision. Ex: Adam displayed rage that a trust telling townie wasn't modkilled, thus he's scum. That's what I want to avoid.

There is a farfetched theory where Boon is scumfirmed by the mod not killing him though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Rob14 »

I don't interpret it that way. I interpret it as the mod buying into the "but I did it a single time as scum!" bullshit. Even if he is scum in this game, he should be modkilled for it because he's bringing in outside factors, which is the rule that "trust tells" fall under.

This isn't me scumhunting btw; this is me being really pissed that someone thinks it's ok to pull this bullshit and throw off the balance of 10+ games to date.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:01 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

So in other words just ignore boon's vote until he stops being dumb

I can do that

Ari still scum

20x100 may be scum. To much trolling
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm taking a break for a while before I start being less civil than I already am. ugh

P-edit: @Flubber: It's foolish to ignore something that we know. That's not using everything in the town's toolbox.

And to clarify my last point: If Boon were scum and used a past trust tell to throw people off his scent, that is still bringing outside influences into the game, which is still against the site rules.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 365, Rob14 wrote:I don't interpret it that way. I interpret it as the mod buying into the "but I did it a single time as scum!" bullshit. Even if he is scum in this game, he should be modkilled for it because he's bringing in outside factors, which is the rule that "trust tells" fall under.

This isn't me scumhunting btw; this is me being really pissed that someone thinks it's ok to pull this bullshit and throw off the balance of 10+ games to date.

I am not talking about reading Boon through that. I am not even talking about the mod decision itself.

If you don't understand after reading again, I will drop this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 335, Rob14 wrote:
In post 329, Boonskiies wrote:Going to point out that I used to get in trouble for borderline trust telling with self voting because I would only do it as town. Not the case anymore, but I've done it far more times as town than scum.

@Titus - just watch all the flies.

UNVOTE: until the mod next posts. This should be a mod-kill for an attempt at trust-telling, imho.

I hate comments like this. Just get on with them game, trying to provoke a mod kill is just stupid...
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Vedith »

So after all of that... Rob is still town. Boon is town, SW is town.

Aristophanes - I would go with Titus partner so far.
Titus - Yeah I'm not convinced that she isn't scum. Looking for any answer apart from Aris to vote for.

I am happy to vote for either.
I claim scum \o/
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Rob14 »

@Vedith: It's not provoking a mod kill to point out something that is
explicitly against site rules
because it breaks the game and ask for mod action. Boon provoked any mod action that occurs as a result of this, not me. I'm just pissed that I have to deal with this bullshit in my first game back. I signed up for a nice normal game of mafia (or as normal as bastard can get, I suppose).

@Titus: I think I understand what you're saying now. Was your concern that people would develop reads based off of the reactions to the mod's decision? If so, that's not a concern of mine; idgaf how people read me and I wouldn't negatively read anyone for having the integrity to not want cheating in their game. If not, I'm completely missing your point, which is whatever.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 370, Vedith wrote:Boon is town

Why?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 366, Flubbernugget wrote:To much trolling

What do you see as trolling?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Titus »

@Rob, I think you got it now.

@Vedith, you're tunnelling and doing the same thing SW was now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”