Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yo, Mollie.
I think you played this really well.
I had my suspicions of you, but I don't think I could have beaten you if we ever went 1 on 1.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 5472, Varsoon wrote:I actually like Dirge of Cerberus. I found the Hojo and Vincent backstory to be really interesting and a lot of the stages were very cool.
The gameplay was passable and some of the designs were a little too anime for the already kinda-silly setting, but I thought Weiss was a neat guy.
Random Gackt ending had me puzzled for years.

haha

game got a bad rap but it wasn't too bad
the level design was kinda meh and the core gameplay had a low skill ceiling
the cutscenes were monotonous
the bad guys were trying SO HARD to be MGS villains. Like I hadn't even played MGS at that point and when I did I was like "hmm where have I seen this before but way worse"
But FF7 IP will probably always sucker me in from now until the end of time
beefycheese
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #5477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 5449, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Black lists are generally immature and unreasonable pie.

they are absolutely not
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think the level design (mechanically) was pretty poor and I was upset that you couldn't transform into more creatures.
Despite that, the atmosphere and areas were interesting to me. Like, sure, it was corridors without much going on, but I remember liking rifling through the labs, running around in canyons, and infiltrating ShinRa places. I still get goosebumps thinking about the opening cutscene that has the thunderstorm and Hojo in it.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5479 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by ika »

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #5480 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Antihero »

i am COMPLETELY with pie here.

also
i keep saying i'm not doing larges anymore and i keep failing to stay away from them. but i really mean it this time.
no more larges. for realz.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #5481 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 5475, Varsoon wrote:Yo, Mollie.
I think you played this really well.
I had my suspicions of you, but I don't think I could have beaten you if we ever went 1 on 1.

<3
whew!
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #5482 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Radja »

Gg!

I failed pretty hard. But my gut was right
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5483 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5477, Antihero wrote:
In post 5449, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Black lists are generally immature and unreasonable pie.

they are absolutely not

They are the act of last resort.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #5484 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Antihero »

no the act of last resort is unplugging my computer and throwing it out the window and then climbing into the tub and crying myself to sleep.

that's last resort.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5485 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by ika »

In post 5484, Antihero wrote:no the act of last resort is unplugging my computer and throwing it out the window and then climbing into the tub and crying myself to sleep.

that's last resort.

good old anti!

but ya blacklist is defently a good thing to use.

pie we need to hydra and play again
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5486 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

I can see certain exceptions, hence "in general", but IN GENERAL *wahz! you didn't minds what i told you on the interwebs so i'm going blame you for loozing the games (game!) and now i won't never again playz wid you!* like what's the case in most instances of someone being blacklisted is most definitely immature.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5487 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think the whole concept of blacklisting a player is a backwards approach to the sort of community this site should be fostering.
We already have a system to weed out trolls, inactive players, and miscreants. Our modding community is one of the best in Online Mafia.
We already have a system set in place to assure players have adequate experience to play games.
If you have an issue with a player's style, approach to the game, or something along those lines, you can talk to them about it. You can work on overcoming your weaknesses together. Blacklisting a player will not change the issue you have with them. Communication and fellowship has a much deeper chance at tying our community together, inspiring players to up their game, and curbing unlikable behavior.
I can understand blacklisting a player if they make you, as a human being, personally uncomfortable for reasons that do not break the rules. If it goes beyond simple attitude into a recurring behavior that makes playing the game impossible for you, that is understandable.

What I can not get behind are elitists who use a blacklist as a means of 'punishing' or 'exiling' other players. If a player does poorly, you should want to play with them again to help them improve--it is this kind of player who may surprise you the most. If a player is obnoxious or foul-tempered, you should want to lead by example, rather than crossing your arms and being exclusive over it.

I will never blacklist another player. Diverse approaches to the game are what makes the game fun, and limiting the player pool with blacklists only drives a wedge into the spirit of the community itself.

Advice and support is almost always more worthwhile than blacklisting.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5488 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5419, pieguyn wrote:I am the worst fucking town player to have ever lived and I don't even know what to say about my play this game.
sorry town :/
1: give mollie credit where credit's due, you wouldn't have caught her.
2: I do hold a bit of blame for initiating a 1v1 with wrong-scum ProHawk, me being right about his alignment but wrong about his faction, AND for having some shade thrown on Radja.
3: ...But really, the only failure was in not voting the person
I died voting for
, hiplop, who was playing a ridiculously obvscum game full of lurking and opportunistic posting. :igmeou:
Mollie really, REALLY carried hiplop through that.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5489 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5437, ProHawk wrote:Lol! I'm pretty sure it was a track to nowhere with Jaqen seeing pr crumbs
It was.

Which is absolute bullshit.

Without that, I wouldn't have been lynched, would have been obvtown, and while I might have wrong-scum-lynched you, I'd have probably still have caught onto hiplop.

Granted, irrelevant, given that I wouldn't have caught mollie, butstill. That was a mislynch the game very much did not need.
My academy.
Agnigi
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5490 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 5488, mastin2 wrote:
In post 5419, pieguyn wrote:I am the worst fucking town player to have ever lived and I don't even know what to say about my play this game.
sorry town :/
1: give mollie credit where credit's due, you wouldn't have caught her.
2: I do hold a bit of blame for initiating a 1v1 with wrong-scum ProHawk, me being right about his alignment but wrong about his faction, AND for having some shade thrown on Radja.
3: ...But really, the only failure was in not voting the person
I died voting for
, hiplop, who was playing a ridiculously obvscum game full of lurking and opportunistic posting. :igmeou:
Mollie really, REALLY carried hiplop through that.

"super obv scum game"

> Was on your town list until literally your last post where you were flinging mudd :|
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5491 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by hiplop »

and like, mastin had I not had to vote you b/c of jaqen thing, you wouldn't have realized what I was doing.

Read the PT, I wanted to keep you around because I KNEW you would always think I was town until I went against you. It was very deliberate that I didn't vote you until the very end because I knew thats when you would catch on
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5492 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I should clarify that:
Ridiculously obvscum game seconds prior to my death, and all posting after that.

I wasn't flinging mud at you, hiplop. I was noticing a sudden change in your posting, which got much, much stronger.
You basically contributed nothing town during the Radja lynch day, except opportunistically hopping on, and you lurked through the majority of the last day only to deliver the hammer once Seiko voted ProHawk.

PRIOR to that, yeah, your play was fine, even good, but you'd be telling a lie if you said you weren't obvscumposting near the end.
My academy.
Agnigi
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5493 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by hiplop »

It didn't matter how scummy I was at the end. Gotta know when to fight your battles. As long as it was less than radja and prohawk, I was fine. I said that in the PT!

I knew the way to win endgame was use Seiko's rage to get rid of prohawk. It was just a matter of looking like Goofy Ol' Hiplop until that point. Basically last day was determined on NOT sticking out.

Earlier phases I had to stick out a bit because people in the game remembered Graveyard, so I stuck my neck out often, until it came time that I had to avoid being PoE'd
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5494 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by hiplop »

also to clarify: I mean to an outsider, it LOOKED like you were flinging mud. Once you started spouting big mastin theories, I knew it was the right time to jump onto you because any push from you would LOOK like mastin-off a leash! I really respect you as a player, and you have pretty darn good reads/sway in games, but you also have a tendancy to go a BIT mad! I knew when the madness started, I had to cut your throat because even though you'd be onto me, everyone else would see it as null!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5495 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

You would be mad too if a tracker with an effective innocent (because in a multiball game with factions like this, it's rare for scum to not have an action they can perform) result on you claimed in unwavering conviction that it was a guilty, directly leading to your lynch when by play rather than role you've never been more town.

(Seriously, never in my life, not even in Tales, have I been more obvtown than in this game.)
My academy.
Agnigi
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5496 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm sorry mastin :(

I really did think your play looked like town but guilties are guilties.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #5497 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by hiplop »

Oh, I understood COMPLETELY. And that is why it was so hard to show support for your wagon. The hardest part of this game to me was getting rid of you :oops: I was super thankful you were there to push me into the town lists of everyone! People trust you so I knew getting in your good side was a good place to be, but then when you did such a good job defending against a GUILTY I was basically forced to play my hand to you. Thankfully was at the right time where it kinda got swept under the radar, but me voting you basically was a scumclaim to you. I don't deny that. But what makes it a decent play IMO is that NO ONE ELSE noticed that I essentially claimed scum.

As scum you only get so many chances to play out of character before you get caught, that was my one big spot. And then I rode that to the end. Like, cerb even mentioned that he genuinely thought I was just a lost townie after the mastin lynch. That was my plan!

anyways, I loved this game. Loved the playerlist/modding/everything! I had a lot of fun :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5498 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 5496, notscience wrote:I'm sorry mastin :(

I really did think your play looked like town but guilties are guilties.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5499 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

:(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”