Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 541, Thor665 wrote:@Lying Cat - good plan, double down on the useless and try to pass it off as strategy.

@Pistach - how has a edits wagon been a thing in the last 72 hours? I don't think it has been a thing since about 24 after it first appeared, and why is this reaction about it only showing up now?

I am fascinated that people thing the least openly explained vote on Ank - and one that existed prior to a wagon rush - is the scum midst somehow. I look forward to this case being explored deeper. You all, clearly, have me dead to rights.

And if you think I'm being useless AND are interested in pushing the game forward, why not try to convince me of something? Anything really. Your fascinating refusal to push me towards usefulness seems kind of anti-thor.

I'm getting to the ISO's now. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

You know what?

VOTE: Thor

He's playing spectacularly under par. He has yet to do anything town indicative of him, but his response to me has been clearly scum motivated. What better way to respond to someone who is actively pushing at you and trying to figure you out than continuing to call them stupid and ignoring their questions.

Added to that, his pushes this game don't seem to have the same purpose behind them as they normally do from Thor. We have the Vedith push which was a glorified lurker push lasting long after he became one of the more prevalent players in the thread. When challenged on his votepark by Ank, he OMGUS's as opposed to, you know, defending his wagon or pushing it.

In post 377, Thor665 wrote:If I was voting a wagon that was going nowhere and wasn't pushing it - I'd hope so.
Then again, I try to play pro-town, so there may be a difference in playstyle there.

For reference, hypocrisy in scumhunting. I'm really not a big fan.

In fact, ETL's analysis of the wagon is perhaps too forgiving. Current operating theory- wagon is scumdriven because the Sakura wagon died out.

ETL, Ank, come join me.

In post 540, massive wrote:
Ankamius
: Considering how your wagon formed versus how Hecatia's formed, do you still consider them town?

False dichotomy and loaded question. It has been noted.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

VOTE: Especially the lies

Where are you??
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 547, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:I am townreading everyone on the ankamius wagon. Albeit the middle 2 are townleans, I am townreading the first two and the fifth vote is about the towniest player in this game.

Why? Solely because they're voting for Ankamius?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 552, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Especially the lies

Where are you??

You are aware that ELY is part of the Concrete Angels hydra?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Davsto »

*ETL, not ELY.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 86, Cataphant wrote:VOTE: sakura her questioning is weirdly aggressive and doesn't seem to be from a town mindset

Why was her aggression "weird?" What post was this in?

In post 97, Cataphant wrote:thor is questionable but I trust him b/c big scary thunder god! Also hes a good guy either alignment, and seems to be actually looking for answers!

If Thor is questionable, why do you trust him? "He's a thundergod" doesn't cut it. Where was he "actually" looking for answers? In my re-read of the first few pages, his argument with Concrete looked like arguing for the heck of it and is so inane and frivolous that I don't think he's "actually" looking for answers more than looking to post what passes for "content" on the surface.

In post 155, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:@Cataphant: your issue with us is that we are aggresive (or at least me), which is more of a playstyle issue than anything.

Why are you more interested in assauging Cataphant's read on you as "playstyle" rather than digging into their motivation for making that read? No interest in why he found your aggression "weird" or whether he sees any scum motive there or is just making stuff up?

In post 168, farside22 wrote:
Null on Concrete currently but I agree with [townreads on] Thor and Dav

Here's what you said thus far about Thor:
In , you asked him what Thor's issue with Dav was implying you can't see where he's coming from.
In , you elaborate on your disagreement telling Thor that you understand Dav's suspicion of him and question Thor about Hecatia.
In , you ask Thor why he was townreading Cat on page 1 implying that you find Thor questionable and are trying to read him.

Here's what you said thus far about Concrete:
In , you quote a post of theirs and say "this was how I was feeling when I read it."
In the same , you quote another post of theirs and say "this."

So, I don't understand how Concrete is null to you and Thor is town. It seems like it should be the other way around. My thoughts now are that you are scum with Thor and want to townread him so you can make it to endgame together and you also want to be somewhat ambivalent about Concrete. However, you had let yourself be drawn into a minor argument with Thor because you wanted to distance and overwhelmingly agreed with Concrete because you wanted to buddy them as you perceived them as the de facto town leaders.

In post 168, farside22 wrote:
Hey not sakura. I'm looking for some unfiltered thoughts from both of you too. Not just defending but your stands so far.

This is an odd question to ask Hecatia at that point. They may have looked "scummy" to some - that's debatable but they had given stances and unfiltered thoughts. They were scumreading Davsto, townreading Thor and were leaning scum on Concrete but couldn't nail it down. I can remember their stances from memory which is more than I can say for any other player in the game. So, this question from you looks like filler. Like you thought "hey, here's a wagon on town, let me ask them mindless, nonsensical questions to look like I'm scumhunting and trying to read them."

In post 208, Cataphant wrote:I'm happily in agreement with hippy that Far is town, I've played scum with her and this doesn't look at all similar. Call it meta/gut.

How is her play different here?

In post 208, Cataphant wrote:Concrete Angels seems aggressive, but has a similar thought process to me.

The "but" implies that you found Concrete's aggression scummy but that scumminess is mitigated by their thought process being similar to yours. Why is their aggression scummy?

In post 210, Vedith wrote:I think that there is 1 scum on my wagon and 1 off and I don't see you and Hecatia associated as of yet.

Why? This looks more like an easy and arbitrary number to throw around for no reason at all. If one scum is on and one is off, where's the third scum?

In post 260, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:rn my reads are- town- fars, thor

This is a poor townlist. You are townreading my top two scumreads.

In post 260, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:i liked fars early aggression

Where was Farside aggressive about anything?

In post 260, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:i liked thor in general

This is a non-explanation. What posts of Thor's did you feel were town-motivated and in what different way do you think he would have approached the game if he were scum?

In post 273, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:i feel tunnely farside = town farside.

Who has Farside tunneled on? In fact, I don't recall a single scumread she had.
  • - She policy-voted you.
  • - She leans town on Dav and asks Thor what his issue with Dav was?
  • - She tells Thor that she understands Dav's issue with Thor.
  • - She declares V/LA.
  • - Fluff about trying to catch up.
  • - Agrees with Concrete's reasons for scumreading you (Hecatia) but adds no reasons of her own; further questions Thor.
  • - Asks for your "unfiltered thoughts."
  • - Townreads concrete. Some other indifferent, non-committal reads on Davsto and Vedith.
  • - Gibberish.
  • - Pointless overexplanation to Thor.
  • - Useless clarification.
  • - Asks Dav for his scumreads. A surface level question that takes zero effort.
  • - Asks Lying Cat why they only asked for Cat's townread on Farside. Because Cat's read was suspicious, duh.
  • - Justifying her desire to out characters.
  • - Sorry, she's been busy. But no worries, she'll be around tomorrow!

A couple of issues here: 1) Nothing that Farside has done looks town. 2) She didn't even come close to tunneling. How are you townreading Farside for "tunneling?" Where did she tunnel? Are you just making shit up now?

In post 288, Vedith wrote:However, I'm seeing you and Hec as more TvT trying to 1 up each other.

One up each other? I have no idea what that means in a mafia context.

In post 302, pistachi0n wrote:Null read on Vedith, the main argument seems to be that he was posting elsewhere but ignoring questions, and the one other time I was playing with someone like that it was a townie who had joined too many games.

Give me a link to this with names.

In post 312, Concrete Angels wrote:@Wingback: I see a lot of good questions, but I'm wondering - what conclusions have you reached based on the responses you've received?

My scumreads are Farside22, Thor665, and Cataphant. My strongest townreads are you, Lying Cat, Ankamius, and Massive. Possibly Hecatia based on more recent posts, maybe Davsto, Vedith, and Pistachion. Null on The Bulge.

In post 332, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:the scumread on us for squawking looks like overeager newbtown who has like this simplistic one-dimensional view of the game based of froggie mafia we just finished id say that fits town pistachios p well.

In what way? Even a 30 second glance at his ISO in Frog Mafia tells me there's something very different in his posts here. He seemed a lot more interested in scumhunting there but the game had also reached around 40 pages at the point he replaced in.

In post 333, Concrete Angels wrote:It doesn't fit my experience with him, where he showed a genuine curiosity about people's ideas and tried to understand them. I don't see that here.

Show me where.

In post 369, Thor665 wrote:I am moving Pistach to a town read. Dav remains a scum read. So does Vedith. Concrete is trying to become one, trying very hard.

Explain them all please.

In post 389, Cataphant wrote:having played town and scum with [Farside] before. She's more aggressive as scum and the frustration over a spelling/comprehension issue looks genuinely towny.

Show me where as scum Farside was more aggressive. The "frustration" over a spelling mistake is 100% not indicative of alignment. It's a personality rather than alignment thing.

In post 405, Thor665 wrote:This is scummy as HELL so back up, and talk to me, dodge again with a weak wimp reason like the above and I will happily death tunnel you till I secure your lynch.

The entire response to Farside in this post is overblown and designed to confuse people. Like, what the heck are you even arguing here?

In post 485, Thor665 wrote:LC's laser post was an ode to crappy play while trying to sound clever about it - and no one seems to have even bothered to read it.

How? His descriptions of you and Farside were pretty accurate. Even if you disagree about his read on you, how does nothing about his Farside read resonate to you when you have also spent a ton of time calling out Farside?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Wingback »

I have three scumreads I'm willing to lynch today: Farside, Thor, and Cataphant - in that order.

Farside's
only solid push this game was Hecatia. She votes them out of policy in and as the wagon develops, that RVS/policy vote magically changes into an actual scumread based off of a piggyback of Concrete's reasoning. It doesn't look like an organic change, more like a vote that Farside simply decided to sit on in order to have something to push and not go through the hassle of constantly developing fresh reads. Her read on Thor makes no sense whatsoever. She is quick to "disagree" with Thor and argue with him about Davsto who seems to be her one rock-solid townread but ultimately winds up townreading Thor - and that never changes. She spends far too much time explaining her Davsto townread to Thor instead of pursuing her scumreads which I think is her way to look busy and "interact" with Thor. The actual Davsto read is boring as hell and comes down to "he's asking Thor questions." Her to Hecatia asking them for solid stances is trash considering Hecatia had given plenty and looks like a way to paint them as scummy and inadequate and to appear to be scumhunting and trying to read them. There is not a coherent line of scumhunting in her ISO, her posts and comments are disjointed and disengaged and she never probes at any thread of scumhunting beyond a surface level.

Thor
spends a lot of time arguing nitpicky nonsense which may just be playstyle, but his actual reads look disingenuous. His early scumread on Concrete in was because their vote wasn't on their biggest scumread which is explained more by carelessness than scum motivation. At first, I thought it was a joke but his continued push there and accusation of hypocrisy in looked like a serious read. Following along, Concrete's thought process was abundantly easy to understand so it looked like Thor was playing dumb on purpose. I can buy people saying nitpicking is Thor's playstyle but I don't buy that acting
deliberately obtuse
is a town playstyle. The way he talks to Farside in looks like he's exaggerating the weakness of her post to start an argument and by , I literally have no idea what he's saying beyond meaningless blather while overstating a Farside scumread. Calling out Farside for "ducking him" in while also taking potshots at Lying Cat despite them also calling her out looks like he's attacking Lying Cat simply because they attacked him.

Cataphant's
reads are poor, unsubstantiated, and don't make sense to me. The townreads on Farside and Thor are ridiculously weak, Farside because she's more aggressive as scum, and Thor because he's a thundergod looking for answers. The Vedith scumread is a direct sheep of Concrete. Lying Cat is scum because Lying Cat pushed Cataphant. Their evaluation of Ank in is heavily off the mark.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

Okay so Wingback is basically certainly town by the look of it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hecatia - you are calling a five player voting collection all town with a straight face?

Lying Cat - so, to sum up, I am scummy for dismissing what you're doing while pushing me. This is shown by me not being amused by your attempted dismissal of my raised issue with how you are voting and not offering to push you to vote where I want even though I never indicated that was my goal.

Whut?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 am

Post by massive »

In post 548, Ankamius wrote:Massive: I'll go into specifics later if I remember, but my operating theory atm is scum in Cataphant+Davsto+This+(LyingCat+farside22+Wingback+Bulge+Massive) where nullish people are in parentheses.

If that's correct, then how do you explain the surge in people jumping to vote you? Why wouldn't scum just continue to push for Hecatia's lynch?

In post 551, Lying Cat wrote:
False dichotomy and loaded question. It has been noted.

What's false about it? It's only a false dichotomy if Ankamius didn't believe Hecatia was town, which he explicitly had already stated. There's no insistence on Ank's alignment one way or the other, so I don't even see a dichotomy period.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 556, Wingback wrote:Why? This looks more like an easy and arbitrary number to throw around for no reason at all. If one scum is on and one is off, where's the third scum?

Yeah my number was off. I was mind set of 9p game for some reason.
My opinion of the 1 is still there. And that 1 I still think at Cata. it was too much of an easy join, and I think the probability of Cata/Ank both being scum is high for me.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 530, Concrete Angels wrote:It does feel a bit confbiased as the possibility of B (Ankamius) being town isn't considered or discussed at all. I'd be interested in seeing how/why those scenarios were discarded (at least just to get an idea of his thinking there).

That's because this is my view on Ank. I think he is scum so I'm going into the mind set of him being scum and the connections to his actions.

I'm just skimming over atm, but if I missed questions I'll get back to it later when I read up properly.
I claim scum \o/
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 am

Post by Concrete Angels »

In post 552, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Especially the lies

Where are you??

@LC - wth... were you high? I know you know you were already voting Thor, and I know you saw that I am voting Thor now as well, because you responded to posts before and after my vote.

p-edit: Vedith - just wanted to know what made you discard the scenarios where he is town.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:08 am

Top suspects are Thor and pistachi0n, with third possibility being in the nulls/lurkers or one that MS and I disagree on.

ETL
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your case on me is that my Ank vote is the scummiest on the wagon - yes?
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 am

In post 565, Thor665 wrote:Your case on me is that my Ank vote is the scummiest on the wagon - yes?

Nope.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:38 am

That's one of the factors, yes. Just not the only one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

The only other thing I'm aware of is ETL's statement about re-reading me and having paranoia about me.
Is that the rest of the case?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 314, Concrete Angels wrote:The only thing I personally gained from rereading was that I'm going back and forth on you. I currently have you in "prob town" category. I think your probing is good, and you have appropriate follow-up questions. You've littered a few conclusions here and there as well, which is satisfactory for the time being. There are little things that bother me, some things paranoia-based, and just a general lack of confidence in my ability to read you correctly. The other thing is also more peripheral than something you've done yourself, which is the fact that I feel like I had too many townreads in the beginning, which leads me to think that at least one or maybe two of the scum team members are quite skilled at looking town. So, combined you land in the "likely town but I don't feel good enough about it to put him to the side just yet" area.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:25 am

Indeed.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Okay.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Antihero »

the bulge has failed to pick up his prod and is being replaced.

farside22 has been prodded.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Wingback »

@ ETL, can you answer my question to you in my wall?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 573, Wingback wrote:@ ETL, can you answer my question to you in my wall?

Nope. It was an alt game, so I'd rather not, but you can just as easily look at the player's completed games under his topic list.
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”