Newbie 1656 : Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Ether »

Eh. I think it's just a fallacy people let themselves fall into, I don't think it's scummy. Sometimes people get confirmation bias, that's all.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

Can we lynch LoHa. The man is bad. He thinks Sakura’s posts on goodmorning were “good” and “sheepalicious” and goes on to start a WIFOM conversation off of them. But Sakura was just misrepresenting what goodmorning had said like the others. What’s even stranger is that Sakura was actually one of the later people to misrepresent goodmorning’s posts so I don’t know why LoHa specifically pointed out Sakura.

The point behind my question was to see whether he really thought that Sakura on goodmorning was “good” as everything he had posted would have been based off of a misrepresentation, making any posts he made filler and BS. To which he just deflected my question.
Call of the Wild
Call of the Wild
Goon
Call of the Wild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Call of the Wild »

In post 250, Ether wrote:Eh. I think it's just a fallacy people let themselves fall into, I don't think it's scummy. Sometimes people get confirmation bias, that's all.

Confbias without engaging me or the game?

Reachy reasoning for scumreads is always scummy to me.

Then again, I was tunneled into oblivion in 1598 where a townie spent a good part of D1 taking every single thing in my ISO and making it out to be scummy and I scumread him for it.

Town usually don't go looking for things to paint as scummy.

I'd like OceanWind to engage the game more rather than just simply wall post.
Hydra of Titus and SilverWolf
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 252, Call of the Wild wrote:
In post 250, Ether wrote:Eh. I think it's just a fallacy people let themselves fall into, I don't think it's scummy. Sometimes people get confirmation bias, that's all.

Confbias without engaging me or the game?

Reachy reasoning for scumreads is always scummy to me.

Then again, I was tunneled into oblivion in 1598 where a townie spent a good part of D1 taking every single thing in my ISO and making it out to be scummy and I scumread him for it.

Town usually don't go looking for things to paint as scummy.

I'd like OceanWind to engage the game more rather than just simply wall post.

Sorry, this is me.

Darn hydra slips, LOL.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Ether »

I am still absolutely fine with LoHa's death! But I feel like my reads are still improving, so I'm not really in a hurry to end things.

Despite what I said about lordj, if LoHa flips scum I could see him as a partner. Going through his posts, there are a lot of places where he seems to have more concern for his wellbeing than I'd expect, and his vote on me is kiiiiiiind of chainsawish in that light.
(And I could kind of see his "you look like a power role" comment as being an attempt to scare people off of LoHa, in his brain? Maybe? I have no idea, honestly I say this but that was one of the things I saw as probably town.)
I'm not remotely interested in pursuing this before we have LoHa's alignment, but I'm throwing it out there.

I think OceanWind's failure to get into quicker more interactive discussions with other players is a bad side-effect of that "make a huge post once a day" approach. That's another reason I wish he'd switch to smaller more frequent posts, yeah.

Town usually go looking for
scum.
Sometimes they get that wrong; sometimes when they lock onto someone they proceed to lock on to absolutely everything about them. I'm from the days of full PBPAs, and yes, I think it's confirmation bias. I think this is OMGUS on your part, not in the scummy sense but in the sense that people are subconsciously more inclined to view attacks on them as scummier than attacks on others.

Mightymandarin has slipped into prod range.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Mightymandarin has been prodded.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 251, MoosyDoosy wrote:Can we lynch LoHa. The man is bad. He thinks Sakura’s posts on goodmorning were “good” and “sheepalicious” and goes on to start a WIFOM conversation off of them. But Sakura was just misrepresenting what goodmorning had said like the others. What’s even stranger is that Sakura was actually one of the later people to misrepresent goodmorning’s posts so I don’t know why LoHa specifically pointed out Sakura.

The point behind my question was to see whether he really thought that Sakura on goodmorning was “good” as everything he had posted would have been based off of a misrepresentation, making any posts he made filler and BS. To which he just deflected my question.

You said this before you asked the question, if I was scum I would've compromised my play and answered accordingly to appease you, in an attempt to get you off my case. That's the last wifom from me, since it doesn't seem to sit well with anybody.

PS: if you don't know why Sakura stood out just then, you can't be helped. She gave the only sheepable argument att. I'm enjoying all the clumsy attempts to paint me scummy but I'm also sad that it won't stop. I like my day1 casual and respectfully distant.

Ether, are you going to be this neurotic about me being scum all game long? I think it's pretty clear who your nr.1 scumspect is without you reformulating it each and every time. What do you think that does anyway. How do you find scum? Finding someone you do n't seem to resonate with and neurotically, exaggeratingly deathtunnel that person seems suboptimal to me, at least on day1.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am

Post by goodmorning »

weirdly, ether was answering moosy's question

or, you know, plotting against you works too
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:53 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 256, LoHa wrote:
In post 251, MoosyDoosy wrote:Can we lynch LoHa. The man is bad. He thinks Sakura’s posts on goodmorning were “good” and “sheepalicious” and goes on to start a WIFOM conversation off of them. But Sakura was just misrepresenting what goodmorning had said like the others. What’s even stranger is that Sakura was actually one of the later people to misrepresent goodmorning’s posts so I don’t know why LoHa specifically pointed out Sakura.

You said this before you asked the question, if I was scum I would've compromised my play and answered accordingly to appease you, in an attempt to get you off my case. That's the last wifom from me, since it doesn't seem to sit well with anybody.

PS: if you don't know why Sakura stood out just then, you can't be helped. She gave the only sheepable argument att. I'm enjoying all the clumsy attempts to paint me scummy but I'm also sad that it won't stop. I like my day1 casual and respectfully distant.

Ether, are you going to be this neurotic about me being scum all game long? I think it's pretty clear who your nr.1 scumspect is without you reformulating it each and every time. What do you think that does anyway. How do you find scum? Finding someone you do n't seem to resonate with and neurotically, exaggeratingly deathtunnel that person seems suboptimal to me, at least on day1.

I like my D1 where people answer simple questions.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 256, LoHa wrote:You said this before you asked the question, if I was scum I would've compromised my play and answered accordingly to appease you, in an attempt to get you off my case.

Dat Self-meta
In post 256, LoHa wrote:Ether, are you going to be this neurotic about me being scum all game long? I think it's pretty clear who your nr.1 scumspect is without you reformulating it each and every time. What do you think that does anyway. How do you find scum? Finding someone you do n't seem to resonate with and neurotically, exaggeratingly deathtunnel that person seems suboptimal to me, at least on day1.

Uhh, i don't think Ether's tunneling. She's giving opinion on other players, not just focusing on you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Huh i thought i typed something directed at Oceans about me having a hard time parsing his quote wall and asking for a bullet point case instead but i guess i didn't, so i'll just post it again.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:57 am

Post by lordj210 »

starting my reread now
In post 21, Sakura Hana wrote:Hey GM, why you call a vote for lordj20 a good vote in the same post you vote LoHa, i call shenanigans!

ddi we ever see an answer to this i dont think we did as the next page goes on about asking a question that was already answered, would be this question that got unanswered
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:59 am

Post by lordj210 »

[quote="In post 23
o m g

how can i get these shenanigans off meeeee?????
[/quote]
tis is the only semi answer to the before asked question
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:01 am

Post by lordj210 »

In post 31, LoHa wrote:Osu, TL, and Epic

any chance you can supply a link for 1 game on one of those sites where you was skum and a link on one where you was town id like to read through see if i can get a gist of your game play
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:10 am

Post by lordj210 »

In post 59, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 57, goodmorning wrote:

In post 56, SilverWolf wrote:Don't get me wrong. I like that you are more talkative. It's just throwing me off a bit. I figured since you are the one I have the most experience with, might as well start looking at you first. See if I can figure you out your IC pattern for town or scum while we are waiting for others to confirm.

A perfectly reasonable place to start.

That said, when I was reading myself in ISO in some of my more recent Newbies to try and see if there was a reason for my style shift, half the time I couldn't tell whether I was Town or Scum in them. I really look forward to seeing what you can come up with so I can work to improve myself even more.

THAT said, I don't know if it'll make you more readable? idk.

Not sure if it'll help you read me or not. I'm hoping my play this game will do that automatically.

any chanc your gonna share those results r shall we do the reading as well?

That said, while I'll share my results, it might not be immediate. I wouldn't want to tell you how to behave with me in the game if you are scum.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Ether »

Lordj this is an excellent time to prepare this all at once and use that
Spoiler:
tag. Please don't give us pages and pages of this! And yes. Yes, we absolutely did see an answer.

LoHa, would you like to do anything that doesn't involve talking about yourself?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:28 am

Post by lordj210 »

if Mightymandarin comes back id like to hear more from him he posted twice both times giveing more or less nothing.
im leaning slightly town on silver and goodmorning
leaning slightly skum on Loha, am i willing to lynch her yes but not till we can figure more out, the way she is talking and only trying to say look over there or look there though maybe its from the pressure im not shure
ocean and moosy im not shure of not got a read on yet
Mightymandarin as i said above i cant tell anything on with only 2 posts
sakarah again im not shure as of yet eiteher s neautral currently on her
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:28 am

Post by lordj210 »

if Mightymandarin comes back id like to hear more from him he posted twice both times giveing more or less nothing.
im leaning slightly town on silver and goodmorning
leaning slightly skum on Loha, am i willing to lynch her yes but not till we can figure more out, the way she is talking and only trying to say look over there or look there though maybe its from the pressure im not shure
ocean and moosy im not shure of not got a read on yet
Mightymandarin as i said above i cant tell anything on with only 2 posts
sakarah again im not shure as of yet eiteher s neautral currently on her
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Ether »

Why?

I would still like an answer from Sakura, by the way.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

An answer to what?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 261, lordj210 wrote:starting my reread now
In post 21, Sakura Hana wrote:Hey GM, why you call a vote for lordj20 a good vote in the same post you vote LoHa, i call shenanigans!

ddi we ever see an answer to this i dont think we did as the next page goes on about asking a question that was already answered, would be this question that got unanswered

goodmorning likes SilverWolf.
LoHa voted SilverWolf.
goodmorning voted LoHa as a joke.

goodmorning said the vote on lordj20 was good because he agreed that lordj20 should get an avatar.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Ether »

In post 248, Ether wrote:(I don't get why his explanation of why he RQSed is enough to get a town read from Sakura Hana. Like, I'm not actually anti-RQS in any way, I totally agree that knowing people's alignment preferences can be helpful. But it's just a piece of theory. Anyone who ever uses RQS will tell you the exact same thing.)
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

If his RQS will lead somewhere then we will know later in the game, I'm mostly thinking is towny of him because he wants information, while it's possible that scum him would ask the same questions, It's whether he does anything with them later on that will tell.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Ether »

I...find it really difficult to believe that you'd think that's enough to say.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »