Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:03 am

Post by goodmorning »

Could you put your reads in list form so they're easier to find?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:09 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 325, goodmorning wrote:Could you put your reads in list form so they're easier to find?

Not at this point. Many more people look scummy than there are mafia in the game which means I'm definitely reading some townies incorrectly as mafia.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Ocean:
In post 260, Sakura Hana wrote:Huh i thought i typed something directed at Oceans about me having a hard time parsing his quote wall and asking for a bullet point case instead but i guess i didn't, so i'll just post it again.

In post 303, Sakura Hana wrote:Apparently Ocean is townreading me, i don't know why.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:53 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 207, Sakura Hana wrote:Yeah SW is pretty town. I know effort doesnt = scum but it shows that he's using said effort to actually find scum.
I don't mind the RQS as much because it's coming from a newbie, as shown by his post, however, it is true that those questions mean nothing to help figure out alignment if they don't know what the reason behind asking them is, considering he just saw them in other games, it makes sense for him to try and come with something like this to get things started.
Positive Light: He probably doesn't know what to do with the questions because newbie, rather than asking them for filler.
Negative Light: There are a bunch of other things to comment on than come in with RQS at that point in time.

However.
He did comment on other stuff, the stuff he commented in is bad yes,
but do you expect Newbies to have flawless reasoning?
<- Question to SilverWolf
What do you expect to gain from your RQS questions, specially when the game had already moved away from RVS? <- Question to Ocean.

And just for the sake of completion i'll answer the RQS:
1. Colombia - I'll post based on my mood and the ammount of posting in the thread (I normally slow down when ppl slow down)
2. I enjoy Town more, because I have more fun figuring out who the scum is, and i'm also pretty bad at lying.

Bolded is something scum don't post very often. Scum need to develop scumreads and disagreeing with what people wrote is a straightforward way to do that especially early game where it can be hard to manufacture concrete reasoning. Instead, Sakura's post denounces my post as bad without stating an alignment read, asks further questions to refine a read on my slot while also continuing to push SilverWolf to refine her own read under the light of me being a newbie (which Sakura seemed to have believed at the time). There are so many straightforward ways for scum to handle the argument between me and Silver and Sakura's way of handling it doesn't look like she's taking an easy way out.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 311, MoosyDoosy wrote:It's also why I said we should be really careful when considering him later on into the game.

You plan to be in this game long enough to be careful later on into the game, that's a scummy perspective.

So far my scumreads are GM, this guy and maybe Sakura.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:45 am

Post by LoHa »

Doing an iso of GM to see how I can make it clear to you guys that she's scum. Hang on.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 170, goodmorning wrote:still mixed feelings about LoHa. Like, 159 is terrible, but 169 is the kind of thing town would say, like "i am so very town everyone should be able to see it and if they can't they're scum!"

This shows that she is able to play the game, but for some reason we're not seeing more of it
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:07 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 215, goodmorning wrote:
In post 213, Ether wrote:Goodmorning I am totally readable by this point if it helps. Probably. My last scum game was in 2009, so, you know.

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that!

AhA! Why would town have to pretend anything. But seriously, why?
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:10 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 232, goodmorning wrote:Hm. Why the associatives before flips?

I would like this if it hadn't been said already. What's the point in repeating what someone else said?
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 238, goodmorning wrote:You may want to back that up with reasons and logic, or else it's no different than those dudes on the History Channel asserting that aliens built all the ancient pyramids and shit - nobody will pay attention.

That's exactly what they want.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 323, goodmorning wrote:The way she was trying to sort me. It's not something she couldn't do as Scum, but I feel pretty comfortable calling her Town for it atm

Squeezing out a townread from pure wifom. That's borderline artistic.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 333, LoHa wrote:

I would like this if it hadn't been said already. What's the point in repeating what someone else said?

Apparently she said it so nvm this. Although from my point of view nothing changed, I don't consider the GM from an earlier past the same as the GM from the past that wrote the same thing as earlier-past GM, because of the change in composition of molecules and all that. For me this point still stands although I can understand why others might disagree so nvm.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 326, OceanWind wrote:
In post 325, goodmorning wrote:Could you put your reads in list form so they're easier to find?

Not at this point. Many more people look scummy than there are mafia in the game which means I'm definitely reading some townies incorrectly as mafia.

So what? All the better for us to watch them progress as you eliminate people from that list.
The point of a readslist isn't to be right, it's to be open.

In post 329, LoHa wrote:
In post 311, MoosyDoosy wrote:It's also why I said we should be really careful when considering him later on into the game.

You plan to be in this game long enough to be careful later on into the game, that's a scummy perspective.

1. He said "we," not "I."
2. That's a silly argument anyway.

In post 332, LoHa wrote:
In post 215, goodmorning wrote:
In post 213, Ether wrote:Goodmorning I am totally readable by this point if it helps. Probably. My last scum game was in 2009, so, you know.

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that!

AhA! Why would town have to pretend anything. But seriously, why?

Because I don't trust when people say that and I don't want it to colour my eventual read of that slot with needless paranoia.

In post 333, LoHa wrote:

Actually, I repeated
my own question
because it hadn't,
and still hasn't
, been answered.

In post 335, LoHa wrote:
In post 323, goodmorning wrote:The way she was trying to sort me. It's not something she couldn't do as Scum, but I feel pretty comfortable calling her Town for it atm

Squeezing out a townread from pure wifom. That's borderline artistic.

It's not something she couldn't do as Scum. The way in which it was done, though, feels Town based on what I know of Sakura.

I could probably get a very solid read on her one way or the other if there was a serious wagon on her for a period of time, but there's no real reason for one to happen so I have to go with what I've got.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:38 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 328, OceanWind wrote:
In post 207, Sakura Hana wrote:Yeah SW is pretty town. I know effort doesnt = scum but it shows that he's using said effort to actually find scum.
I don't mind the RQS as much because it's coming from a newbie, as shown by his post, however, it is true that those questions mean nothing to help figure out alignment if they don't know what the reason behind asking them is, considering he just saw them in other games, it makes sense for him to try and come with something like this to get things started.
Positive Light: He probably doesn't know what to do with the questions because newbie, rather than asking them for filler.
Negative Light: There are a bunch of other things to comment on than come in with RQS at that point in time.

However.
He did comment on other stuff, the stuff he commented in is bad yes,
but do you expect Newbies to have flawless reasoning?
<- Question to SilverWolf
What do you expect to gain from your RQS questions, specially when the game had already moved away from RVS? <- Question to Ocean.

And just for the sake of completion i'll answer the RQS:
1. Colombia - I'll post based on my mood and the ammount of posting in the thread (I normally slow down when ppl slow down)
2. I enjoy Town more, because I have more fun figuring out who the scum is, and i'm also pretty bad at lying.

Bolded is something scum don't post very often. Scum need to develop scumreads and disagreeing with what people wrote is a straightforward way to do that especially early game where it can be hard to manufacture concrete reasoning. Instead, Sakura's post denounces my post as bad without stating an alignment read, asks further questions to refine a read on my slot while also continuing to push SilverWolf to refine her own read under the light of me being a newbie (which Sakura seemed to have believed at the time). There are so many straightforward ways for scum to handle the argument between me and Silver and Sakura's way of handling it doesn't look like she's taking an easy way out.

This seems sort of townish. I need you to actually give opinions and analysis this game and question people and answer questions asked of you when you come here. I wasn't around when you were here to engage with you but it would probably help us both figure each other out if that happened. You can start by addressing my earlier points against you and why you used such shitty reasoning to scumread me with. Also, you said you were going to analyze page 9 where most of my analysis was so that should happen as well.

You go to the null pile for now.

UNVOTE:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Ether »

Goodmorning, what are your reads at this point?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:49 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 331, LoHa wrote:
In post 170, goodmorning wrote:still mixed feelings about LoHa. Like, 159 is terrible, but 169 is the kind of thing town would say, like "i am so very town everyone should be able to see it and if they can't they're scum!"

This shows that she is able to play the game, but for some reason we're not seeing more of it

Kind of agree. She was active and engaged in the beginning and has now become more passive.

Not sure what to make of that yet but it's something to watch.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

I come back to thread and nothing much has happened except OceanWind looking townier and LoHa looking scummier. -rolls in thread- So when is deadline?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

V/LA Until Saturday

Not in a good mood for mafia currently, i don't actually expect it to take that long but i rather not set it too short.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 341, MoosyDoosy wrote:I come back to thread and nothing much has happened except OceanWind looking townier and LoHa looking scummier. -rolls in thread- So when is deadline?

Deadline: (expired on 2015-10-22 07:40:38)

Day isn't even half over. I'd like to hear more from Might Mandarin.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 339, Ether wrote:Goodmorning, what are your reads at this point?

Town: Sakura, Moosy
Townish: Ether, Ocean
Null: mandarin, Silver
Scum/ish: LoHa, lordj

Basically that.

In post 340, SilverWolf wrote:She was active and engaged in the beginning and has now become more passive.

Not sure what to make of that yet but it's something to watch.

I'm having a minor freakout about my upcoming Finance test. If I'm still being ridiculous after Saturday, then there's a problem.

In post 341, MoosyDoosy wrote:So when is deadline?

As per thread title, October 22. As per the VCs, what Silver said.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Good luck with that.

There's no way I should be at the same level as mandarin in this thread.

I'm starting to get concerned.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Ether »

My gut is currently screaming to high heaven that it's Sakura, and that if that's true then goodmorning is her most likely partner. It's getting distracting.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 345, SilverWolf wrote:Good luck with that.

There's no way I should be at the same level as mandarin in this thread.

I'm starting to get concerned.

There's more than one way to nullread someone.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 346, Ether wrote:My gut is currently screaming to high heaven that it's Sakura, and that if that's true then goodmorning is her most likely partner. It's getting distracting.

This is worrisome to me as well.

GM never reads me right though but still.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Oh the good luck with that was supposed to be about your Finance test, not some sarcastic comment. I can see how it might look either way. LOL

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”