Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Dimitri Davidoff »

This is why I don't post in early morning.

nothing but a => anything other than
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

In post 17, Greatvalue wrote:
In post 11, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:The only question that remotely narrowed down alt possibilities is the first question, and even that is worded vague enough to make alt guessing a challenge.

Giving fake answers is okay for the sake of discussion, but do note that there are consequences.

Answering any of those questions narrows down the field for possible mains severely, especially the second question due to how players might react to knowing or not knowing the names. I find it interesting, to say the least, that you think it's the first that's the most revealing. I don't think that was malicious, though.

I also find the questions as a whole pointless because everyone in this game has significant incentive to obscure their identity as cleverly as possible. So should people give you answers, there's a whole mess of WIFOM that isn't even alignment indicative anyway. I'd rather we all just saved time and ignored the questions instead of going through that whole song and dance.

Back to the second question: alternatively to having people try and possibly fail to cover up relations with the mentioned names, the last secret alt mafia game had experimental modifiers, but mostly normal roles. I actually don't think Quilford will have pushed the bar much with this setup this time either, because I think he respects the mechanic enough to not let much get in its way. (And that's all you'll get from me. Congratulations, you now know I'm somewhat familiar with the mod.)

But thank you for trying to call me out on this. It's a much more productive discussion than what you were originally going for.

Decent explanation; scumread withdrawn.

In post 23, You are dead to me wrote:Why is it horrible?

I may be wrong, but perhaps it's because you didn't answer my questions?

Or perhaps because someone told me that you slept with my mother.

VOTE: You are dead to me
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Greatvalue »

You are dead to me wrote:Why is it horrible?

Because I'm calling out the BS early on, and choosing to put myself out there in doing so.

So if you're scum, that's the perfect opportunity to join the wagon with an easily faked scumread on me for "stifling discussion," when I've been completely upfront about how
yes
, that was obviously the intent.

And if you're town, you clearly haven't actually thought about it or even considered my points.

Why are you asking me if it's horrible?
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:16 am

VOTE: You are dead to me

Because wagon ahoy.

Also I'm townreading Greatvalue.
At page 2.

This game is going to be awesome I can feel it with my fingertip already.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

In post 24, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 13, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:You should suggest better ones then, instead of proceeding to brainless and strictly inferior RVS.

There are no better ways to start the game. Your random questions are brainless and strictly inferior as any RQS and RVS as your questions does nothing to help progress the game.

But how about to garner reaction? Well, that's what the brainless and strictly inferior RVS does too.

By the way, I'm more surprised that you expected nothing but a "RQS is bad" given that's what happens if you decide to RQS in this site.

You may be surprised yourself. RQS like this garners pretty alignment-indicative responses, even the reasoning given for a non-response is content.

RVS in my opinion is more useless in this particular setting because of the lack of meta tells that someone can use to judge reactions with.
You are dead to me
You are dead to me
Goon
You are dead to me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:19 am

Post by You are dead to me »

GreatValue, I'm not voting you for any of the reasons you think I am. I don't care about the "stifling discussion" point. It is dumb and not scummy. I didn't even recall that someone else voted you at the time.
You are dead to me
You are dead to me
Goon
You are dead to me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 am

In post 28, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:Also I'm townreading Greatvalue

For?
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Natural Aristocracy »

Oh, the point of this game isn't to figure out who is actually playing which account? You're saying trying to do that renders the whole thing pointless? Well, damn.
There goes my whole plan.

I think Great Value is a Great Vote.
VOTE: Great Value
That entry post and paragraph was far too strong-arming. "Look at me! I'm the guy with everyone's best interests at heart! I will make an antagonist out of this Shiba Anime-name guy!"
Eh. It gets out of RVS/RQS/PB&J, so I am down with this course of action.

I think Great Value should address YouAreDeadtoMe.
Also, I thought secret Alt mafia was finally a chance to choose a name that isn't obnoxious. It seems not many took that opportunity.

P-EDIT:
It's also interesting that Dimitri is firing off with such vitriol at Shiba yet is quick to vote YouAreDeadtoMe and townread Great Value.
I'd hedge my bets that scum is most definitely in Great Value or Dimitri.
Despite my misgivings against Great Value, I do think that Dimitri is the winning ticket this time.
VOTE: Dimitri
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

Vitriol? I find Dimitri's comments within acceptable levels, thank you for your concern.

What do you think about YouAreDeadtoMe's naked vote?
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 am

In post 29, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:RQS like this garners pretty alignment-indicative responses, even the reasoning given for a non-response is content.

Sounds like how RVS works to me.

In post 31, You are dead to me wrote:
In post 28, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:Also I'm townreading Greatvalue

For?

Not afraid to his vote being viewed as OMGUS as a pretty good early indicator of town.
You are dead to me
You are dead to me
Goon
You are dead to me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 am

In post 32, Natural Aristocracy wrote:That entry post and paragraph was far too strong-arming. "Look at me! I'm the guy with everyone's best interests at heart

Closer to my reason for voting him than what GreatValue thought it was. But not the same.

What do you think of his response to me?
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 24, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 13, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:You should suggest better ones then, instead of proceeding to brainless and strictly inferior RVS.

There are no better ways to start the game. Your random questions are brainless and strictly inferior as any RQS and RVS as your questions does nothing to help progress the game.

But how about to garner reaction? Well, that's what the brainless and strictly inferior RVS does too.

By the way, I'm more surprised that you expected nothing but a "RQS is bad" given that's what happens if you decide to RQS in this site.

I wouldn't categorize his questions as random or brainless (a word which you used twice!) at all; RQS has the word random in it, but it only applies to 1, 2, and 4 in the sense that they're questions intended to start discussion.

Did you even read them thoroughly before choosing that stance? In any other scenario they're decent at worst. It just looks like you're trying to buddy up to me with the Shiba criticism, the Yadtm vote, and that townread on me since I've already established myself in an active town role.

VOTE: Dimitri

Serious vote. Take note, Yadtm.

(Also, I'll note how rejecting the RQS post led Dimitri to reveal he's familiar with RQS attempts here anyway. Which isn't too uncommon, but it's pretty funny to me.)
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 34, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:Not afraid to his vote being viewed as OMGUS as a pretty good early indicator of town.

This is a really weak cop out.
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 am

In post 32, Natural Aristocracy wrote:It's also interesting that Dimitri is firing off with such vitriol at Shiba yet is quick to vote YouAreDeadtoMe and townread Great Value.

What relation does me discouraging RQS have with voting YADtM and townreading GV?
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

Currently, I have townreads on Greatvalue and Dimitri. Scumreads on YouAreDeadToMe and Natural Aristocracy.

P-Edit: Dimitri, RQS contains more words and is thus superior in determining a player's tone and motivations. RVS may potentially contain of only naked votes, and this being a completely anonymous game, player's cannot prioritize who to sort or we cannot infer specific reasons why a player voted a friend/enemy first.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 32, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Also, I thought secret Alt mafia was finally a chance to choose a name that isn't obnoxious. It seems not many took that opportunity.

"Natural Aristocracy"
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

In post 36, Greatvalue wrote:It just looks like you're trying to buddy up to me with the Shiba criticism, the Yadtm vote, and that townread on me since I've already established myself in an active town role.

Interesting stance. I myself detected hints of buddying when Natural Aristocracy accused Dimitri of vitriol against me.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 40, Greatvalue wrote:
In post 32, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Also, I thought secret Alt mafia was finally a chance to choose a name that isn't obnoxious. It seems not many took that opportunity.

"Natural Aristocracy"

Since I assume you'll want me to comment on the rest of your post: clumsy start, strong finish.
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 am

In post 36, Greatvalue wrote:I wouldn't categorize his questions as random or brainless (a word which you used twice!) at all; RQS has the word random in it, but it only applies to 1, 2, and 4 in the sense that they're questions intended to start discussion.

If you read that carefully you'll see that I basically said RVS and RQS are all the same.
In post 36, Greatvalue wrote:I'll note how rejecting the RQS post led Dimitri to reveal he's familiar with RQS attempts here anyway.

It's not like I'm hiding that I'm familiar with it :roll:
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

In post 42, Greatvalue wrote:
In post 40, Greatvalue wrote:

"Natural Aristocracy"

Since I assume you'll want me to comment on the rest of your post: clumsy start, strong finish.

I don't fully explain the connotations of this post, and I would greatly appreciate if you could explain your analysis of NA's post to me.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

*understand
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:30 am

In post 37, Greatvalue wrote:This is a really weak cop out.

Take it as however you want it to be.
But if you look at my stances so far you'll see that when I stated my townread on you that post had to be the reason.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

I agree with Dimitri that public declaration of OMGUS is a towntell.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Quilford »

Bump?
You are dead to me
You are dead to me
Goon
You are dead to me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 am

In post 36, Greatvalue wrote:I've already established myself in an active town role.

Happy with my vote.

People townreading GreatValue: don't read his posts at face value. Read between the lines.

Dimitri Davidoff: welcome to my scumpile. Great Value, meet Dimitri. Dimitri, meet Great Value.

Tags fixed. ~Quil
Last edited by Quilford on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”