Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy »

In post 232, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Ironically, Yadtm identifying as female narrows down her alt possibilities, because they're a minority group. And my previous theory still holds true.

is this real life
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Natural Aristocracy »

You keep substituting my actual words for shit you're coming up with.
Your 247 rubs me all kinds of wrong, especially because
A) That's bullshit. Town can be frustrated at that, too.
B) I'm not saying it's unfair or that there's nothing to argue against either. I've called out the points made against me as weak and thin.
C) You're insisting I am scum despite the fact I am not.

Basically, you're wrong, annoyingly convinced you are right, willing to disregard what I post to enable you being wrong, and you're acting like a smug sack of conf-biased shit about it.

I'm frustrated with you. I don't understand why people are townreading you outside of Soothsayer, who is relating to a moment where they scumread me as the same point you were hitting and seeing parallels in that process.

I never said "I am not ready to commit" in terms of holding onto my vote, which is what you are implying and flat-out saying elsewhere. I was never going to lay a vote on you, even though I agreed with Gwen's assessment of your slot. Stop insisting on this.
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 am

Total aside;
Should we reveal our main in twilight post-flip?
Or should we save that for post-game?
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 am

In post 251, Natural Aristocracy wrote:You keep substituting my actual words for shit you're coming up with.
Your 247 rubs me all kinds of wrong, especially because
A) That's bullshit. Town can be frustrated at that, too.

sure but town does some thing proactive about it like evaluating whether or not individual people doing it to you are scum. you're just whining, which makes me think it's just for show

I'm frustrated with you.

i'm not trying to be a dick but i don't care? either alignment would feel frustrated

I never said "I am not ready to commit" in terms of holding onto my vote, which is what you are implying and flat-out saying elsewhere. I was never going to lay a vote on you, even though I agreed with Gwen's assessment of your slot. Stop insisting on this.

yes i am paraphrasing you because that's what i see when i read the words you wrote

like i know what you said, and words to that extent are things that i see from scum more than i do town
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:29 am

In post 251, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Basically, you're wrong, annoyingly convinced you are right, willing to disregard what I post to enable you being wrong, and you're acting like a smug sack of conf-biased shit about it.

this part does give me some pause because feeling entitled to be right and accepted for being right is more likely to come from town than scum

on balance though there's more scummy than town and this could be a well judged extension of the whiny stuff you've said elsewhere
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:31 am

In post 252, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Total aside;
Should we reveal our main in twilight post-flip?
Or should we save that for post-game?

haven't decided if i'll reveal my main at all, tempted to keep this for other games
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 am

Eh, not much I can do if you are going to justify being wrong as 'the way you see it'.
I understand that your perception is different, but the way you are pushing your perception frustrates me as it is contrary to the reality of the situation.
That's something I feel is anti-town, at the least.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:41 am

Post by the_soothsayer »

Think you're both town and think this discussion isn't leading anywhere useful at the moment, just making you both more frustrated with each other. Would really appreciate you both stepping back for a bit and stating reads elsewhere then rereading this all tomorrow and seeing if you feel the same way then.
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:42 am

i'm not frustrated at all
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:46 am

Post by the_soothsayer »

Cool then talk to me about where your heads at on other players then. I'm feeling p good about Gumby, Shiba (This has gotten a
lot
stronger as of late), Concorde and Dead being town. Do you disagree with any of those and if so why? What do you make of my Quail/Cell reads?
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

I fully agree with soothsayer. I was hesitant on stopping the conversation because I thought that they may be able to get a better read on each other after the discussion, but it appears that it is not the case.
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 am

having a concorde townread is weird
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:51 am

re: cell, voting for someone for one post is lame in a vacuum, but i think the post is actually townish compared to some other handlings of gumpy (actually interested in the thought process of the claim)

quail is p bad. letting him off for affectation seems dumb
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:53 am

otherwise you're fine i guess, idrk about shiba but other gumpy/dead town reads are fine
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:03 am

Post by the_soothsayer »

In post 261, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:having a concorde townread is weird

Really liked the way his Shiba read progressed, he could easily have maintained a scum read there as scum even if it wasn't where he'd have voted but determining that his issues with Shiba were more likely playstyle based than alignment ones shows a town thought process. Was less enthused about the fact that his read on Great ignores context (ie. Greats "it's a horrible vote" wasn't about his own vote in but rather Deads vote on him in which he thought was lazy/opportunistic) but overall I'm feeling good about his play and think with a few more posts I'll be able to get a stronger read.

In post 262, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:re: cell, voting for someone for one post is lame in a vacuum, but i think the post is actually townish compared to some other handlings of gumpy (actually interested in the thought process of the claim)

quail is p bad. letting him off for affectation seems dumb

Yeah, I don't really have a scum read I'm confident in yet, just a lot of players I want to sort (Gwen is top priority and I'm surprised other people excluding you haven't commented more on him, there's certainly a few things inside his ISO that I'm going to need him to explain) and Cells pop in post fits weak-scum that don't know how to get into the thread so lurk and comment on something random slightly better than weak town (Weak town normally at least state a read or two or outright state they're lost). I think Quails username and attitude could easily be a "troll" gimmick, if he keeps it up I'll gladly lynch him him over it, otherwise I'm hoping to get a better grip on how exactly his reads flow because there's some serious issues with them.

And with that I'm off.
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:18 am

For what it's worth, I'm feeling way better about the Dipsy slot now.
I think that our approaches are inevitably going to butt heads, but at least I understand where Dipsy is coming from now.

I really would like to hear more input from the people who have not been around. In particular, I don't quite know what to think of Qualiford, Megafan, Cellphone, Phantom, and Shady.
It especially bugs me that more than one of those folks is voting me.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Quilford »

• Votecount 1.7

Natural Aristocracy (4)— Megafan1998, Shady, You are dead to me, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
    Dimitri Davidoff (3)— Natural Aristocracy, Greatvalue, Concorde
    CellPhone (1)— the_soothsayer
    Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy (1)— Spider Gwen
    Gumby (1)— Quailford LOL
    Shiba Tatsuya (1)— Gumby
    Quailford LOL (1)— Dimitri Davidoff

Not Voting
    (3)— The Phantom of the Opera, CellPhone, Shiba Tatsuya

It takes 8 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

Deadline hits in (expired on 2015-10-24 08:08:29).

Mod notes

Please be aware of the rules, especially of those that pertain to activity.

Damn you all for stealing my page tops
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

This catchup post will include content from pages 4 to 9. Reads and their corresponding elaboration will be given on Spider Gwen, Concorde, Cell phone, Soothsayer, Dipsy, Quailford, and Gumby.

Strong
scumread
on Quailford.
Looking past his troll persona, there is a markedly different vibe from his off-the-cuff posting as compared to Dipsy. Many of his posts contain either blanket statements or illogical reasoning for reads, in essence they do not sound genuine. as well as makes his posts appear easy to fake. When asked to elaborate on the that he had found from Gumby, he fails to substantiate. It appears that he is more guilty of failing to determine intent than Spider Gwen had accused Dipsy of.

Strong
townread
on Dipsy.
In sharp contrast, Dipsy's off-the-cuff posting appears distinctly town, because the and his make sense. I can see his reasoning for as I had the exact same concern upon my skim. His further posts on page 10 onwards only solidify this townread, because I found his responses to Spider Gwen satisfying, as well as his read on Natural Aristocracy insightful and valid, although in my opinion misguided.

Weak
scumread
on Concorde.
I cannot follow soothsayer's reasoning for his Concorde townread. From , it appears that he has a scumread on me, and his later comment about 33 doesn't actually state a townread. I'm not sure how he progressed to me being a townread in then. I'm don't think any of his posts have rung as town, so for that he will remain in the nullscum area.

Strong
townread
on Spider Gwen.
I feel that Spider Gwen is going to be a strong town presence in the game. Her posts ask she , and her reading skills are Going to put her in the obviously-town category for now, and will only revisit later.

Weak
scumread
on Cellphone.
His only post, , is quite useless. I hope he posts more so that we can determine his alignment better.

Strong
townread
on soothsayer.
His post was very meaningful, and is admittedly the source of where I borrowed some formatting. Most of his reads are substantiated with evidence which is good, while the effort to analyze player intentions is evident. It makes his thought process clear and easier to follow, and if there is a read that I take issue with (such as his Concorde read), it is easy to clarify with him specifically on the crux of the matter, which I am currently doing. His subsequent posts look good as well.

?Unsure? about Gumby.
His posts gave me scumvibes, particularly the regarding voting me when attacking Dead for calling me newbtown, as , and also the meaningless about , despite Dead already defining His miller claim though, is the one that leaves me confused. On one hand, it is standard practice to (sometimes erroneously) put away Miller claims as Town. On another hand, it's a easy role to fakeclaim as scum, and the definitions of a Miller can be made up or obtained from a Mod's fakeclaim. I think that the best way to handle situations like this is for a rolecop on him, to determine if he is telling the truth. If it was for his claim, I'd have him as a moderate scumread.

In sum, these are my reads as of Page 11, including recent reads.

--
Dimitri Davidoff ->
Town

Natural Aristocracy ->
Town

Concorde ->
Scum

Shiba Tatsuya ->
Me

You are dead to me ->
Town

Spider Gwen ->
Town

Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy ->
Town

Shady
The Phantom of the Opera
Greatvalue ->
Town

Quailford LOL ->
Scum

Gumby ->
Null

the_soothsayer ->
Town

Megafan1998
CellPhone ->
Scum

--
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:23 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

VOTE: Quailford

I've just noticed after making my reads summary that I had forgotten to give my reads on Shady and Megafan. Also, Phantom of the Opera has not posted yet.

In short, I'm having Shady as nullscum and megafan as potential town, but his annoying posting style has to stop.
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:26 am

I was also tempted to post like Wake.
Thanks for the update.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

I'd like to talk, if anyone's online.
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:43 am

Apologies, just me.
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

Would you like to comment on my reads? Do you disagree with any of them? If so, could you provide some explanation as to why?
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:57 am

I'm surprised as far as the Gwen townread goes--it looked like a couple of other folks had their reservations about Gwen, especially after what she had to say about Dipsy.

I think we can agree that Gumby is off the table for today, but I wonder why you are unsure of him. Do you just think that his claim counteracts his play enough? If he had not claimed Miller, you would have a moderate scumread there, right?

I understand the slight scumread on Concorde, but I disagree with it. There were 10 minutes between those two posts and the first made it clear he was only commenting on the first 2 pages. I could see the following readslist coming from a quick skim of what was left. Regardless, I think Concorde's input isn't coming from scum, as it strikes me as showing himself rather than directing others. I don't see the scum intent, I guess?

Do you usually think inconsistency is a scum-tell?
Can you elaborate a little more on Megafan and Shady?
What do you think of those two both having little content/not even showing up in your reads there yet still voting me?
Can you comment a bit more on how you feel about player's votes and the wagons that have showed up so far today?
Shiba Tatsuya
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Shiba Tatsuya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Shiba Tatsuya »

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:I think we can agree that Gumby is off the table for today, but I wonder why you are unsure of him. Do you just think that his claim counteracts his play enough? If he had not claimed Miller, you would have a moderate scumread there, right?

His claim counteracts his play. I would have a moderate scumread there if it weren't for his play, correct.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:There were 10 minutes between those two posts and the first made it clear he was only commenting on the first 2 pages. I could see the following readslist coming from a quick skim of what was left. Regardless, I think Concorde's input isn't coming from scum, as it strikes me as showing himself rather than directing others. I don't see the scum intent, I guess?

Hence, nullscum. I don't see town intent, and certainly not as strong a level as soothsayer is putting him. I feel that Dipsy was correct in calling out his Concorde townread as weird.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Do you usually think inconsistency is a scum-tell?

Generally, yes. Although, all interactions depend on context; simply "forgetting" your own reads may not necessarily be scum-inconsistency, but blatantly contradicting them in a manner that is scum-motivated, is of course a scumtell.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Can you elaborate a little more on Megafan and Shady?

Considering how little they've posted, I'll pass for now. I'll revisit next time, and hopefully they've posted more.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:What do you think of those two both having little content/not even showing up in your reads there yet still voting me?

I think your loud and brazen play makes you a magnet for votes, for both town and scum. I certainly believe that your wagon is town-driven. If anything, I'd point out Shady as the most likely scum on your wagon, but that's it.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Can you comment a bit more on how you feel about player's votes and the wagons that have showed up so far today?

Which player's votes? Sorry, but I think you missed a word.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”