Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Concorde »

Spoiler: Post 190 Response
You have been arguing that Dispy is not doing analysis but just attacking.

In post 156, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 101, Spider Gwen wrote:
In post 72, Natural Aristocracy wrote:
Thoughts on Dimitri?

Scum. And his posts are artificial. Which means he's scum.

calling 'artificial' a scum tell in a game full of secret alts, lol ok whatever you say

trying to rely on old rules = scum doesn't know how to approach this game

Disagreement doesn't indicate a lack of analysis Spider. It's not a towntell though either. These posts can be useful post flip, but I don't see this as avoiding scumhunting. Some people are just naturally hostile rather than inquisitive. Skilled scum can have reasons for actions that seem plausible on the surface.

Any wagon can go to lynch at any time. If you felt GV was not going to be lynched ever, why wouldn't you move to a train that could be?

Personality tells have no bearing on alignment.

Soothsayer's wall looks like conclusion based reasoning, particularly the interactions with NA. Post 32 does state exactly what Soothsayer says it does not to me, namely the whole scum intention to appear town by getting the game going. I do think Dispy needs to clear up why his vote is where it is. However, the lack of grammar makes 155 by Dipsy harder to understand. Dipsy is doing multiple back to back catchup posts.

Not a fan of the slimy rhetoric getting tossed around here again.

Looking at megafan's ISO, I am not seeing how anyone could claim that mega evolved on anything. This townreads may be faked; namely a townreads solely because of where mega's vote is placed.

More in a bit.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Concorde »

Forgot the Shady null read. Just because someone votes your scumsuspect doesn't warrant praise in a readwall. Shady has provided no analysis whatsoever, and voting town or buddies that are unlikely to be mislynched is a decent tactic for lurker scum.

I don't find NA's 194 to be busy work at all, particularly with Dead's comment in . While NA could not have seen 198 at the time of posting 194 (unless they are scum with daychat), people cast such throw away votes a lot and calling people out for that is hardly busiwork.

You have a townreads on the biggest wagon, yet you tell people it's ok to lynch him? Pick a side.

I don't like the alt hunting here. People can identify as whatever they want in a secret alt game. People also impersonate others. The fact SN supposes that someone is telling the truth regarding their gender claim makes no sense regardles of what alignment the claimer is.

I like this post. It's a little over aggressive but the pronouns would make it hard to follow in an ISO. I was stating that most everyone who agreed with Dead's reads was wagoned after Dead's wagon fell apart, so I am more inclined to believe Dead's reads (including town on NA) were more accurate at the time than now.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Concorde »

I am not liking Dipsy's vote here onto NA, given the criticism brought before that he didn't just vote NA at 155. Instead he just votes NA. The response to this criticism comes in 244 rather than 236. If Dipsy's catching up in order, he should have replied to the criticism of why Gwen over NA before moving his vote.

Soothsayer not noticing the inconsistencies in Dipsy's catchup is also troubling, considering he townreads Dipsy for catch up posting. How hard is it to realize that as of post 240 Dipsy has read to 237 or that 244 is a dodge?
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy »

In post 302, Concorde wrote: I am not liking Dipsy's vote here onto NA, given the criticism brought before that he didn't just vote NA at 155. Instead he just votes NA. The response to this criticism comes in 244 rather than 236. If Dipsy's catching up in order, he should have replied to the criticism of why Gwen over NA before moving his vote.

i voted aristocracy after reading 187

the question about why i voted gwen over aristocracy was in 216

so what are you trying to say

if your assumption is that i wouldn't vote before finished catching up then it is faulty
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Concorde »

I am well aware of the message Great Value intended to convey. Notice his I said
if the post was read according to the rules of grammar
. Scum distancing themselves from their own votes subconsciously is a thing that happens. That's the point I was making and that would have been clear if you asked for clarification.

Seriously? A catchup on pages 4-9 when you look like you're actively reading and following the game SN? WTF.

This Quailford read is a lot of bollocks and looks designed to prime the conclusion Quailford is scummier than Dipsy. Both Quailford and Dipsy have had weak or nonsensical posting. Even here, he undermines his strong townread in Spider Gwen by stating both are scummy but Quilford is scummier.

Here, SN's townread on Dipsy makes no sense given he's not realm challenging Gwen's assertions about Dipsy.

I don't like how he says my catch isn't clear considering many people understood it. He doesn't highlight what is unclear.

The read on Spider Gwen is simplistic and he makes no effort to reconcile the fact he disagrees with his townread.

SN borrowing a style from another player is creepy along with the lack of analysis of 216.

I don't like the suggestion to waste a rolecop on a miller claim. Who knows if there even is a rolecop?

Again, NA is town but SN puts zero effort into highlighting why NA is town.

The white knighting of the NA wagon and NA is terrible. If all his townreads are pushing the NA wagon, then why not reconsider his position on NA? If it's because SN believes he has found who NA is, then why doesn't he reconsider that? The whole the wagon is town driven but wrong really wierds me out.

It's also inconsistent with the fact he says town and scum would be driven to NA's wagon. If both town and scum are drawn to voting NA because he's loud, then why is SN confident that the NA wagon is town driven?

VOTE: SN[/vote
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Concorde »

I like Dispy's post here. It is what I was thinking.

I am not sure I follow this NA. What thing did Dipsy do again?

You're town reading all the major wagons yet not taking a major swing at a scumread or displaying visible frustration at people? Die. Die. Die.

Close. Consistency of reads isn't what makes people town. Consistency of logic is. Having someone state reads to stop them from changing positions won't catch scum as both have malleable reads but for different reasons if good. Occasionally, scum are too rigid though and logical inconsistencies come out that way.

Just realized I made a mistake. Anywhere I say SN, I mean ST.

I agree. I am not a fan of alt fishing or telling people what they may or may not have alt slipped. I do think telling people you suspect who they are is helpful to track reads later.

Gumby goes into my strong town book for correcting his own mistake I didn't catch and his clear positions.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Concorde »

In post 303, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 302, Concorde wrote: I am not liking Dipsy's vote here onto NA, given the criticism brought before that he didn't just vote NA at 155. Instead he just votes NA. The response to this criticism comes in 244 rather than 236. If Dipsy's catching up in order, he should have replied to the criticism of why Gwen over NA before moving his vote.

i voted aristocracy after reading 187

the question about why i voted gwen over aristocracy was in 216

so what are you trying to say

if your assumption is that i wouldn't vote before finished catching up then it is faulty

No I am stating that it's possible you read, felt the wagon on NA being popular and voted. Then you forgot you had to explain why you didn't vote NA at the beginning.
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:57 am

it's possible. it's possible i might burst into flames right now

is it more likely?

if i were looking for popular wagons why did i originally go for spider gwen
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Concorde »

I do believe it's more likely, but I am keeping an open mind.

Spider Gwen is an early vote without a reason. I don't know why you voted Gwen over NA. That's the whole problem. Your response didn't clear that up. So why don't you tell me why you voted Gwen over NA?

What do you think of ST?
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:07 am

you know my catchup continued even beyond the part where i addressed the q about why i voted gwen

like it's all in a line, minus the posts that were happening in real time, so if it were all a cover up for realising i forgot to explain something you also have to think i quickly found more things to say about other posts. one of them (250) was even an observation that resonated with you

you have to make a lot of leaps to think i'm some kind of forgetful/malicious idiot mastermind when the obvious truth is that i was just reading along

your theory does not fit the evidence
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:12 am

In post 308, Concorde wrote:Spider Gwen is an early vote without a reason.

you mean apart from the reasons

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p7301495
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7301499

I don't know why you voted Gwen over NA. That's the whole problem. Your response didn't clear that up. So why don't you tell me why you voted Gwen over NA?

reasons (above) plus priority (explained) equals vote

What do you think of ST?

dunno. i don't think he's done much that interesting
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Concorde »

I still don't see a reason for a Gwen vote. People disagree on theory all the time. I don't see how a Gwen vote helps resolve the miller situation.

You think ST hasn't done anything interesting? ST has the most posts in the game. You should be able to find something interesting.
Dimitri Davidoff
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Dimitri Davidoff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Dimitri Davidoff »

I won't have time to get to this until Sunday and little bit of tomorrow morning.

Will wreck some havoc afterwords.
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 217, Natural Aristocracy wrote:I'm glad the people scum-reading me can't articulate much more than "Oh he is confident there is scum in two people!" and "Seems slimy!"

sounds lik scum caugt for the wrong reasons XDDD!!!!!
Gumby
Gumby
Townie
Gumby
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Gumby »

Oh fuck, they're gonna be like this the entire game, aren't they? I already have a headache.
My... brain... hurts...
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 219, Natural Aristocracy wrote:The primary issue with how people are going about pushing me is that there's no real response for me other than to ask people for more information.
If I post in a way that's appeasing those people, that's artificial and contrary to how I've been approaching this game anyway.
No one's laid out and said why anything I have posted = scum, either. They've correlated my style to scumminess and have said certain reads and interactions of mine seem scummy, but I never get a
why
, which is really frustrating to deal with.

I'm making this post full well knowing that doing so increases my chances of being wagoned, as most people will see it as a series of wall posts and complaining, but;
This is my only way to address my wagon.

Ask me questions. Explain yourselves. Don't be such peasants.

oh i actuly like this post hm
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 314, Gumby wrote:Oh fuck, they're gonna be like this the entire game, aren't they? I already have a headache.

at least my posts giv u a reactn, urs just mak my eyes glaze ovr zzzzz
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

what a giant pile of nothign XD!
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 228, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:
In post 225, the_soothsayer wrote:
In post 224, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:For now, there are a couple of places where I want to place my vote. Certainly not on Yadtm considering recent posts.

If you've got the time wouldn't mind hearing a quick version of this now before you leave, you can read in detail and elaborate on them later.

I do have time. However, I don't like both of the leading wagons. I recall Dimitri being a townread, although that might change subject to closer analysis, and given that I have a good guess of Natural A's identity, don't want to vote him either.

I DO want to vote between Quailford (giving me very strong scum vibes) and Megaman (admittedly due to some annoyance of their posting style).

u hate me cuz u aint me
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

ill try not to suck as much with spelling k? :(
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

although it is tempting to keep spelling bad and see what scum hop on the wagon that forms cause of it
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 244, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:megafan is deliberately using v bad spelling and grammar which is going to endear him to other players about as much as genital warts

town's going to get fed up with not being taken seriously and tone it down before long

scum keeps it going to hide behind

i was tempted to just not say this and wait to see if he kept doing it but i decided i liked it more as an incentive for megafan to just stop already before making it a thing

its not realy hiding behind if i am still giving reads and stuff behind a filter, i just want to hide my identity :(
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

dipsy n soothsayer r town
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 251, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Basically, you're wrong, annoyingly convinced you are right, willing to disregard what I post to enable you being wrong, and you're acting like a smug sack of conf-biased shit about it.

Oh boy, I agree with that!
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie
Megafan1998
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Megafan1998 »

In post 267, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:bullshit

how do u have a read off of cellphones one post but not off of any of mine

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”