Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy »

In post 409, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Well, I guess I can mark Spider Gwen down as yet another player who thinks I'm 'fencesitting' because I can say more than one thing about something.

I don't like the Quailford wagon--the reasons why people are on it make sense from their PoV, but I don't like its composition and I'm not crazy about Quailford as scum on top of that.
It seems weird that Dimitri, Dipsy, and Shiba are all there given how much they've had differing thoughts earlier on. Gumby is probably the only one I wouldn't fault for being on that wagon, as Quailford has been lingering with a Gumby vote for awhile. I don't trust Dipsy's judgment at all and I think Dimitri has been swinging for the fences with really easy votes without putting in much else.

I don't think Quailford's posting has been amazing, to be honest. There's a sort of carefree and hands-off approach going on that's contrary to how a lot of us are tackling this game, so I can't really make heads or tails of it. Ultimately, I feel like there are far better candidates for lynching today and while Quailford isn't some shining bastion of town, dude isn't the scummiest by a longshot.

I should probably be supporting this wagon, because I think Soothsayer's comments on Quailford are pretty spot-on and because I'm likely going to be lynched if it doesn't go through, but, hey, fuck it, sticking to my guns here.

obv this is dreadful but you guys got that already
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Concorde »

Gwen, I think there's some fundamental misunderstanding going on in your posts. 420 is townie but also as high as its name regarding Dipsy. I could give you some line about me knowing everything about Dipsy forty two times over, but that's not going to actually going to help you see that. So onto substance now.

Dipsy is right that scum can push a wagon without voting it. The not subtle attack on Gumby by ST is exactly that. If ST was town reading Gumby, he too would view the rolecop on him as a waste. Scum are going to suggest imply and try to divide town but hope town bites first and sheep it.

Not everyone follows the miller claim post one rule. That assumption is built into your post. Have you ever considered that his miller claim was the ace in the hole to obvtown himself?

Explain to me the contradictions in NA's post as if I am as dumb as Shady wants me to be. I don't see them at all and I'm confident you won't either after breaking it down into its component parts.

Now, the riling up comment. Having us two fight isn't worthless, mostly because ST is scum and the best retaliation they can muster is I am dumb for catching ST falling all over himself. ST will have to comment on what goes on, knowing I will catch each and every actual contradiction. One I will get to in a moment.

Let's talk this out. I am all very confident ears SG.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Concorde »

In post 422, Megafan1998 wrote:can we lync shibe boy now

Wagons ahoy
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Concorde »

In post 417, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:
In post 416, Concorde wrote:Being on the defensive constantly is something many people read as scummy.

Correct.

I am fully prepared to handle such a scenario.

This post is directly in contradiction to ST stating that NA should focus on "absolving" the wagon on himself rather than attacking the logic behind shitty wagons. By focusing on defending himself, NA will look scummy and ST knows it. So why would ST advise NA to focus on peeling off his own wagon? So NA looks scummy and is lynched while ST can laugh on the sidelines saying "told you he was town".
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Concorde »

NA hitme with your best reads.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:37 am

Post by Concorde »

409 isn't dreadful. It's very transparent and straightforward. I'll defend NA if I have to with you, he's my type of player.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 am

Post by The Phantom of the Opera »

@Quilford: If I know who a player is, can I inform them if it's in a manner where my own identity isn't revealed and where it isn't a hint to other players? I'll PM you with what I have in mind if you want specifics.

I actually don't feel as strongly about this since it seems a few people are obvious.
Oh well.

In post 358, Shady wrote:idk if concorde is deliberately making their posts unreadable but i hate them and they are my enemy

OMG!
Something I agree with!

In post 400, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:also it's p suspicious that phantom hasn't even showed up. given the nature of the game think it's either a v/la we should have been told about or someone who really didn't want a scum pm in this game but got one

lmao

In post 421, Megafan1998 wrote:i honestly hate this game its lik some1 collected the most boring posters on this site and put them al in 1 game

something else I agree with!

I'm gonna pretend to be different people in a hydra catching up and reading the game to make it more interesting, hold on.
I kept thinking like "hmmm, what gimmick should I pretend to be to make the game more interesting" and I realized "why not all of them???"
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 420, Spider Gwen wrote:The timing of the claim was incredibly scummy. He starts getting suspected by several players and then throws up his hands and cries Miller. I wanted that dead. And let's not even get into his statement about his ability to obv. town if he needs to and how that contradicts what just happened with his miller claim.

Exactly. I am pretty gobsmacked that so many players are thinking the above is "townie."

But, watching everything unfold, I have another hypothesis. Gumby
is
town, and he is being whiteknighted by scum that wants to get towncred when he flips town, and push for the lynch of players that suspected him.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:21 am

1-6:

In post 6, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Let's begin some discussion. I would greatly appreciate it if every player could answer the following questions in their next post.

1) How many years of mafia experience do you have on your main account? (Less than 1 year, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, 3+ years)
2) What are your thoughts about the balance of this game, given the reviewers (Faraday and chamber) and the mod (Quilford). Do you have mod meta?
3) Do you watch anime? What's your favorite?

lmao trying to RQS in the RVS is for newbs!
most people who are like "OMG SO INFERIOR RQS" are just mad because they suck reading people during the RVS. also you totally didn't answer any of your own questions! i think that's scummy because you're afraid of your own questions :]

In post 9, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:VOTE: Greatvalue

Way to stifle discussion in an entirely anonymous game. You are now my first scum read.

such a shitty scumread lmao welcome to my scum reads

In post 8, Greatvalue wrote:Nobody even answer, please. :roll:

wait but why are you trying to tell no one else to answer? this seem ridiculous, like you're afraid of someone like your scum buddies outing themselves because they answer the question in a fucked up way. like i was with you and we were brother and sister practically when you were talking about the questions being dumb but this is like you went way too far, man. way too far.

In post 14, the_soothsayer wrote:No thanks. Benefits of RQS are minimal in this setup given the lack of ability to meta players and judge whether their answers have any real alignment indicators.

You should join me on You are dead to me, I heard they slept with your mother.

In post 15, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:You should join me on Greatvalue, I heard that they're the reason you're living on the streets.

this exchange made me hate both of these people as players

In post 27, Greatvalue wrote:Because I'm calling out the BS early on, and choosing to put myself out there in doing so.

So if you're scum, that's the perfect opportunity to join the wagon with an easily faked scumread on me for "stifling discussion," when I've been completely upfront about how yes, that was obviously the intent.

And if you're town, you clearly haven't actually thought about it or even considered my points.

Why are you asking me if it's horrible?

plz don't act like you're the shit because you shut down RQS
basically like everyone was going to pick on the newb and shut down RQS and just because you got there first doesn't mean you're town or smarter than everyone else

In post 32, Natural Aristocracy wrote:P-EDIT:
It's also interesting that Dimitri is firing off with such vitriol at Shiba yet is quick to vote YouAreDeadtoMe and townread Great Value.
I'd hedge my bets that scum is most definitely in Great Value or Dimitri.
Despite my misgivings against Great Value, I do think that Dimitri is the winning ticket this time.
VOTE: Dimitri

all of your reasonings for votes are not very good and i think whenever you do something to "get out of RVS" you are dumb

In post 36, Greatvalue wrote:I wouldn't categorize his questions as random or brainless (a word which you used twice!) at all; RQS has the word random in it, but it only applies to 1, 2, and 4 in the sense that they're questions intended to start discussion.

Did you even read them thoroughly before choosing that stance? In any other scenario they're decent at worst. It just looks like you're trying to buddy up to me with the Shiba criticism, the Yadtm vote, and that townread on me since I've already established myself in an active town role.

VOTE: Dimitri

Serious vote. Take note, Yadtm.

(Also, I'll note how rejecting the RQS post led Dimitri to reveal he's familiar with RQS attempts here anyway. Which isn't too uncommon, but it's pretty funny to me.)

wait did you seriously vote Dimitri because he said the RQS questions were "random and brainless"??
LAMO!!!

VOTE: GREATVALUE

In post 39, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Dimitri, RQS contains more words and is thus superior in determining a player's tone and motivations.

omg how many games have you played?
not more than 5 i hope??? and i bet all 5 were newbie games

In post 42, Greatvalue wrote:clumsy start, strong finish.

hah because he voted you and then he voted the guy you're voting right?
cleaver!!!

In post 47, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:I agree with Dimitri that public declaration of OMGUS is a towntell.

i think you think this because you haven't played enough games of mafia tbh

In post 59, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 57, You are dead to me wrote:This is newbtown.

Out of all the reasons to townread him you put him as newbtown?
lol

He doesn't look new at all to me.

you're probably a newbie too

In post 63, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 61, You are dead to me wrote:Why doesn't he look new to you?

I see playstyles like that from non-newbies all the time.
I like to call the playstyle like that "textbook play."

and you think you're special because you don't fall into that pitfall
but just because you don't fall into one pitfall doesn't mean you're successfully avoiding a million more
/sage

In post 73, Gumby wrote:I was gonna be all jokey and post in the style of the Gumbies for the entire game but apparently this is serious or some bullshit so I'm kinda sad.

why do you have to follow the lead of other players? that seems pretty lame and pretty not town

In post 73, Gumby wrote:Like, I get that your definition of "newb" may be different, but I feel that after 5 completed games there must be a point where you get past the "newbtown" stage.

probably lying about his main

In post 82, Quailford LOL wrote:I understood that he dissed the stupid questions.

and that doesn't make him town as i already said QQ

In post 84, Gumby wrote:
In post 76, You are dead to me wrote:Gumby can go into the scumpile.

Man, solid reads after one post, this guy must know his shit /s

lmao

In post 93, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 91, You are dead to me wrote:
In post 84, Gumby wrote:
In post 76, You are dead to me wrote:Gumby can go into the scumpile.

Man, solid reads after one post, this guy must know his shit /s

Sucks getting caught after one post.

Did you read what I wrote about Shiba after the post you quoted?

Good catch actually but he is also dropping town tells.

"look at all these things i see! i'm so smart!"
(this dude is probably town tho)

In post 108, Gumby wrote:I've been wondering whether to claim or not but I know it'll bite me in the ass either way so

I'm Miller.

holy shit is every player in this game new???
where are my veteran players???

In post 111, You are dead to me wrote:For the people who have yet to show up, I assume a typical readslist will look like this:

qq noob
nobody knows your main so the "everybody is gonna scumread me" shtick isn't gonna work on us

In post 112, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:So Qualford/Gwen

I new few more names and this game is good as solved.

did you randomize them or no?

that was boring
no reads, too early to tell
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 423, Gumby wrote:I'd rather have boring useful people than silly useless people.

Silly =/= useless.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 424, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:how a town player behaves if they draw miller and think at the start of the game that they would be best off not mentioning it. knowing that the claim itself invites suspicion

The claim may "invite suspicion" but in my experience it rarely does so. The plus side of mentioning it is that you save a cop investigation from being wasted. Then you are judged on your own merit, that is, AFTER you announce your milleriness, you act your towniest.

But you're probably scum whiteknighting so. There's that.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 am

7-12:

In post 150, Gumby wrote:
In post 145, CellPhone wrote:Which specific circumstances would "allow" you to play obvtown?

To answer this as vaguely as possible, roles tend to be the most common one, although I have sometimes been townread for inexplicable things.

The claim that you were attempting to play "obvtown" so you wouldn't get investigated and drew a kill is a fine thought that's backed up by you claiming under very, very low pressure is a logical claim to make, at least. Scum coming up with this argument to surround this circumstance is an interesting thought, to say the least. I'm not sure I buy into it at this moment, but I'm looking forward to much engagement from the Gumby slot to help me decide my conclusion on it.

In post 153, Megafan1998 wrote:his post i feel lik cums from scum trying to set up a false dilemma
"1 of thes 2 must be scum (so sekretly nobody knows im actly scum!!!!!"

Please don't attempt to invoke logical fallacies if you lack the ability to spell and punctuate properly. :roll:
Natural Aristocracy wasn't setting up a false dilemma. That would require him to impress his idea of the choice upon two players on the rest of the players, which was most certainly not what he was doing.

In post 155, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:gumby is town af and these people mistakenly think they can deride him for an easy bad lynch

While I don't disagree with your call on Gumby, I very much dislike that your reasoning is so shallow at this point. The failure of a player to discern the alignment of another does not make them scum unless you believe they have the ability to make the proper call. You have no familiarity with any of these players, so in immediately making the call to strike out against them you are making the same mistake they themselves are making.

In post 156, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:calling 'artificial' a scum tell in a game full of secret alts, lol ok whatever you say

trying to rely on old rules = scum doesn't know how to approach this game

The argument you imply in this post is also complete and utter nonsense unless somehow calling people artificial is an assertion that can only be made when one is aware of another's meta. Your thinking here is also binary to the point of being unbelievable. Your claim is that people relying on conventional beliefs somehow means that they are scum, but this argument requires completely how these conventional beliefs came into play in the first place (lots of people had them). I am uncomfortable with the logic you've presented thus far because it's very difficult to believe that a player actually believes in the arguments you're presenting, but I shall continue reading regardless.

In post 157, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:knows greatvalue is town

This is yet another nonsense argument that you present. What in any of Natural Aristocracy's posts gives you the idea that he "knows" Greatvalue is town? What argument are you trying to imply here?

In post 160, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:if megafan keeps up the spelling bs for more than like five posts = probscum

At this point, I'm assuming your chosen play style is some sort of caricature of a mafia player that is supposed to give commentary on the state of mafia today, but, if your reasoning is serious, please affirm it in a later post so that we might talk about unwrapping some of your problematic stances here.

In post 172, Concorde wrote:Serves as a method of getting information about player's strengths and weaknesses. Major scumpoints but I know certain players used to favor it. 9 is the logical followup but not alignment indicative. A wagon on ST would likely reveal their alignment. Minor townread on soothsayer as he has similar thoughts.

Your catchup style doesn't seem to be very readable, which made me reluctant to read your posts in general.
Your scum hunting is hard to follow; I can't seem to understand why you're reading anyone the way you are, and that is problematic since it means forming a read on you is very difficult. I don't think that questioning
everything
I don't understand in your post will be productive, so as a small compromise, let's talk about your read on Shiba. The quoted bits above are the strongest reason you give for a read on Shiba. You call it a move worthy of "major scumpoints", although you know players that favor it. Why are you town reading Shiba? The only logical explanation is that you've figured out who they are and are town reading them based on meta reasons, but that doesn't seem to be the case based on your further treatment of them. Is there a town explanation for this that I'm simply not thinking of?

I'm afraid I must pause this catchup momentarily, the world around me is pulling me away.
CellPhone
CellPhone
Townie
CellPhone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:17 am

Post by CellPhone »

I simultaneously hate and love TPotO.

Catch-up is on hold momentarily, I will be back anon with more meaty content.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 438, CellPhone wrote:I simultaneously hate and love TPotO.

Catch-up is on hold momentarily, I will be back anon with more meaty content.

Here is some incentive, you worthless lurksack. I have grown tired of your lack of content and your empty promises.

VOTE: CellPhone
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

Oh I forgot to add something important to the above post:

"LOL"
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:04 pm

8-12:

In post 178, Concorde wrote:Start here. He calls his vote on you a horrible vote if this sentence is read according to the rules of grammar. It suggests he knows you're town or his buddy.

I do not believe that calling someone scum because "the rules of grammar" is very productive because there's no way to respond to the argument, and it doesn't seem to be a reliable indicator of alignment unless you believe that his subconscious mind is trying to screw him over by attacking his command of the English language, which is a theory I find amusing, although not very likely.

In post 179, Spider Gwen wrote:The rest of those questions point to a player that has no clue what's going on and is doing his absolute best to get a handle on the game early. Ergo, town.

Having a misguided opening doesn't necessarily make one town, in my honest opinion. I think that it's possible for scum to attempt a textbook pro-Town approach in that they seem to be making an effort early, but end up producing nothing useful nor anything that betrays their true alignment. I think that the content generated by Shiba thus far is largely null, and while that might not necessary be the most exciting declaration on his alignment, I would venture to say it is the most accurate based on the information provided to us thus far.

In post 180, Spider Gwen wrote:Dipsy is scum taking a very surface skim approach looking for things to attack. He's not looking at intent. At all. Totally whitewashing the point that even though this game is full of alts, the "old ways" of scumhunting still apply and are perhaps the purest. Dimitri is not coming off as artificial because he's an alt. He's coming off artificial because he's scum having to fake everything he says and does. There's an extra barrier there, and you notice it in his posting. It doesn't feel natural.

Ah, I agree pretty strongly with your analysis of Dipsy in that I don't think he's looking for intent, and I believe that his attacks are based on the shakiest of logic. I'm not sure that Dipsy would attack your method of scum hunting unless he felt it was flawed mostly because I can't possibly imagine a Mafia-aligned player truly believing they could sway the tide of the town to turn their back on a style of scum hunting that was effective unless he was exceedingly arrogant, which I don't believe is the case. I also don't understand how Dimitri is coming off as artificial, but that is not something I suppose can be argued since it is a case of gut versus gut.

But in that case of gut versus gut, I would argue that my gut is better than yours anyways. ;)

In post 209, Spider Gwen wrote:I liked Concorde once he got posting. There's some genuine thought there, and I could see how he got to his conclusions. I also like that he gave his thoughts and conclusions first before talking to you and revealing a similar thought process. I would like to hear more from him outside of the first couple of pages. I think that's where we'll find out if he's really coming to those conclusions or faking them.

I'm afraid that your assessment of Concorde's play thus far is pretty generic and thus I can't glean anything meaningful from your statement on him. You seem like a strong player who won't turn asking for clarification into a process more tedious and painful than reading Megafan1998's horrid spelling, so why do you think you see genuine thought in his posts? Has he expressed a train of thought that you think scum is less likely to express than town? Why do you like that he gave his thoughts and conclusions before revealing a thought process that was similar to You Are Dead To Me's own? It seems to me that a reasonable narrative of Concorde's posts as scum would be that he had those conclusions in mind before making the latter posts. In fact, I would dare to call that narrative a more reasonable narrative than the town alternative you present. Would you like to defend your townread on him?

In post 216, the_soothsayer wrote:Concorde going from leaning scum on Shibo to then reassessing and having him as town reads very town. I also liked his response and reasoning behind having Dead as town.

This read essentially assumes that changing read early games is town, which is an assumption I would be uncomfortable in making. I don't believe he gave in-depth reasons for either the initial scum read or the later town read and find switching reads based on what is equivalent to no reason to be child's play for even the most incompetent of scum players. Your town read on this slot is unfortunately very shallow.

In post 216, the_soothsayer wrote:his follow ups to it show that he really believes it helps(ed).

I wouldn't call his followup process particularly intensive, however. Would you disagree with that statement?

In post 216, the_soothsayer wrote:The Phantom of the Opera (whodisbe.img)

I believe your image here is broken.

In post 235, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:if i were not looking at intent i would have been saying things like "anyone who pushes gumby is scum" when in fact i said two specific people were trying to deride gumby's claim to push through a lynch, which is exactly what looking at intent looks like

Your assertion, if you remember correctly, was that two players were pushing at Gumby and were scum as a result, which is functionally the same as claiming all players who push Gumby are scum if you don't give you a reason to differentiate, which you didn't. However, I am now more willing to play ball with you now that it seems like you've straightened up your act a bit. Why did you choose the two players to push that you did over any player that pushed Gumby?

In post 235, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:not what you said. what you said is "his posts are artificial. which means he's scum." not "his posts are artificial in this specific scummy way". you said that all artificiality means scumminess

if you'd given this quoted explanation at the time i'd have believed you but you stripped out all the nuance

it's about as likely you failed to communicate that thought properly than you came up with the above afterwards though so i don't really care about this anymore. it's still really lame as a read though but lame reads are p null

This line of logic makes no sense to me based on the above quote.

Your claim with regards to your Gumby chainsaw was: because you picked on specific players and didn't say "all players who push Gumby are scum", your push was in depth and thus looking for intent.
Your claim with regards to Spider Gwen's reading of Dimitri is: because you said that a specific player sounding artificial made them scum, you are claiming that all people who sound artificial are scum and thus are providing a shallow thought process and am thus scum.

Can you explain these two positions for me in a way where they don't seem mutually exclusive to hold in one mind? If you'd like to claim that you're attempting different styles of scum hunting in the same post I suppose I'd let you slide, but otherwise, you have some explaining to do. ;)

In post 239, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:you voted right after a miller claim that was transparently protown and made no comment on what seems like a pretty important thing about your scumread's behaviour

seems like a pretty impressive mental feat to divorce something as big as a claim from your read

Now this is an attack I can get behind.
I am interested in Gwen's response to your accusation.

In post 244, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:town's going to get fed up with not being taken seriously and tone it down before long

scum keeps it going to hide behind

This seems like yet another of your "woefully shallow" accusations. Ignoring a player's posting because their spelling is poor is something that players with poor comprehension or a lack of patience are more likely to do than players who have a bit more patience for the absurd; this means that Megafan1998 is going to be treated differently by players based on their personalities and not on their alignment. In this case, it seems pretty reasonable for Megafan1998 as town to continue with his gimmick because it's fun for him and because he dislikes the players with a lack of patience and reading comprehension.

I, of course, detest his style and pray that he will stop of his own accord. If this post was nothing more than an incentive to get him to stop, I apologize but believe asking nicely would be a more productive route. If this post was an attempt to discern his alignment and a genuine line of thought, then I'm afraid you've failed.

In post 259, the_soothsayer wrote:Shiba (This has gotten a lot stronger as of late)

This is a read that I don't quite understand. Would you mind elaborating?
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:11 pm

13-18:

VOTE: DIMITRI

die die die die die die die die die
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Shady »

lot of ppl mad over a reaction test
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Concorde »

Considering your reaction test was designed to get town lynched and distract from scum ST, you bet I would be frustrated. Now that you're caught up Phantom, I will rephrase my complaints on ST in a more wasteful inefficient manner so you can understand them better. If you still don't understand, I will repeat until you do.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Shady »

well he's not town and i wasn't going to hold the claim all day, idiot
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Concorde »

Spoiler: Six Through Nineteen - The RQS posts
In post 6, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Let's begin some discussion. I would greatly appreciate it if every player could answer the following questions in their next post.

1) How many years of mafia experience do you have on your main account? (Less than 1 year, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, 3+ years)
2) What are your thoughts about the balance of this game, given the reviewers (Faraday and chamber) and the mod (Quilford). Do you have mod meta?
3) Do you watch anime? What's your favorite?

In post 7, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:4) What's your opinion on short 10 day deadlines? Good for town? Good for scum? Did you know that you were getting into this?

In post 9, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:VOTE: Greatvalue

Way to stifle discussion in an entirely anonymous game. You are now my first scum read.

In post 11, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:The only question that remotely narrowed down alt possibilities is the first question, and even that is worded vague enough to make alt guessing a challenge.

Giving fake answers is okay for the sake of discussion, but do note that there are consequences.

In post 13, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:You should suggest better ones then, instead of proceeding to brainless and strictly inferior RVS.

At this point, RQS to alt hunt is scummy. It doesn't reveal much about alignment but rather the personalities of the players here. In this situation, asking how people can be manipulated isn't helpful to town; only scum.

I am aware of one player who really likes them however and swears up and down by them. Still, even for that player, these questions are scummy.

In post 33, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Vitriol? I find Dimitri's comments within acceptable levels, thank you for your concern.

What do you think about YouAreDeadtoMe's naked vote?

The language on this post is stilted and awkward, just like I expect Miss RQS to be. Miss RQS frequently has difficulties with rage and frustration as town and is very aggressive. Later when ST looked less like MissRQS, I began to suspect this was Miss RQS scum or scum that was not Miss RQS entirely.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:45 pm

In post 304, Concorde wrote:It's also inconsistent with the fact he says town and scum would be driven to NA's wagon. If both town and scum are drawn to voting NA because he's loud, then why is SN confident that the NA wagon is town driven?

VOTE: SN[/vote

THIS VOTE IS GARBAGE
THE REASONING IS NONSENSE
THE WALLS BURN MY EYES
VOTE DIMITRI OR JOIN HIM ON THE DEATH LIST

In post 312, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:I won't have time to get to this until Sunday and little bit of tomorrow morning.

Will wreck some havoc afterwords.

SCUMFUCK TRYING TO PSYCH HIMSELF UP FOR A BULLSHIT CATCHUP POST
NICE TRY SCUMBAG BUT THERE'S NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL YOU CAN FOOL ANYBODY IF YOUR OPENING POSTS SUCK THIS BAD

In post 313, Megafan1998 wrote:
In post 217, Natural Aristocracy wrote:I'm glad the people scum-reading me can't articulate much more than "Oh he is confident there is scum in two people!" and "Seems slimy!"

sounds lik scum caugt for the wrong reasons XDDD!!!!!

STOP VOTING TOWN PLEASE
YOU ARE THE ONLY PLAYER WHO DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO KILL CHILDREN PLEASE DON'T FUCK THAT ALL UP BY VOTING A TOWNIE

In post 314, Gumby wrote:Oh fuck, they're gonna be like this the entire game, aren't they? I already have a headache.

GROW SOME BALLS AND POST LIKE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANTED TO POST IN THE BEGINNING

In post 325, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 264, the_soothsayer wrote:I think Quails username and attitude could easily be a "troll" gimmick, if he keeps it up I'll gladly lynch him him over it, otherwise I'm hoping to get a better grip on how exactly his reads flow because there's some serious issues with them.

Hey I thought you were town, what happened?

WHAT A BULLSHIT RESPONSE

In post 327, Megafan1998 wrote:
In post 274, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Considering how little they've posted, I'll pass for now. I'll revisit next time, and hopefully they've posted more.

wtf??!

how can u form a cell phone read but literally have nothing on me

bulshit

I AGREE
WHO THE FUCK IS CELL PHONE

In post 330, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 272, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:Would you like to comment on my reads? Do you disagree with any of them? If so, could you provide some explanation as to why?

Me! Me! Me! I'd like to comment! I am town, therefore I find your reads to be tainted.

WHO THE FUCK IS VOTING THIS AGAIN?
THIS IS TOWN. THIS IS WHAT TOWNIES LOOK LIKE.

In post 347, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 319, Megafan1998 wrote:ill try not to suck as much with spelling k? :(

i p much obliged myself to townread you for backing down so here you go

kinda hollow but the principle mostly stands

THIS TOWNREAD IS A LOAD OF TRASH
DON'T PAT MEGAFAN ON THE HEAD AND CALL HIM A GOOD BOY, SACRIFICING YOUR MORALS TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVING IS BULLSHIT SCUM PANDERING, SO FUCK YOU FOR ENDORSING IT

In post 365, Natural Aristocracy wrote:VOTE: Shady

The last person I saw do a day-one 'guilty on town' gambit was scum.
Ayo.

SHADY CAN DIE TOMORROW, KILL THE RUSSIAN TODAY

In post 389, Spider Gwen wrote:
In post 359, Natural Aristocracy wrote:
I'm actually interested in playing up the Shady/Concorde beef because I'm not a huge fan of Shady and I liked Concorde's reads and explanations. I'm interested in them butting heads.

The fu-

Unvote
Vote Aristocrat

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS AND VOTE SOMEONE WHO IS ACTUALLY SCUM
YOU CALLED DIMITRI SCUM EARLIER, REMEMBER? GO BACK TO THAT HAPPY PLACE.

In post 395, Megafan1998 wrote:
In post 388, Shady wrote:lovin the epic memes

i love mee mees XD

these wall posts r killin me tho

SORRY I'M JUST TRYING TO PRETEND THAT I WAS THERE
IT'S NOT THE SAME BUT IT'S THE CLOSEST TO THE REAL THING THAT I CAN MANAGE

In post 396, Concorde wrote:ST, by town reading most of the active voices, us engaging in buddying.

OR HE'S JUST ENGAGING IN SHITTY READS WHICH IS A PLAGUE THAT HAUNTS MAFIASCUM

In post 421, Megafan1998 wrote:i honestly hate this game its lik some1 collected the most boring posters on this site and put them al in 1 game

STOP THE FUCKING BLEEDING AND LYNCH FUCKING DIMITRI
YOU CAN LET YOUR EGO GET IN THE WAY AS YOU TRY TO LYNCH WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH OR YOU CAN SET IT ASIDE AND JOIN THE REST OF THE TOWNIES IN LYNCHING DIMITRI
THE CHOICE IS YOURS, MEGAFAN

In post 423, Gumby wrote:I'd rather have boring useful people than silly useless people.

WHICH IS PART OF THE REASON YOU ARE A BORING USELESS PERSON

In post 444, Concorde wrote:I will rephrase my complaints on ST in a more wasteful inefficient manner so you can understand them better.

GOOD LUCK CONVINCING ME OF SHIT WHEN YOUR VOTE ISN'T ON DIMITRI
HELP ME KILL HIM AND THEN WE CAN TALK WHO GETS TO FOLLOW HIM OFF THE CLIFF
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 445, Shady wrote:well he's not town and i wasn't going to hold the claim all day, idiot

You weren't going to hold your reaction test bullshit all day? So what, find someone easily mislynchable and fake a guilty?

Also, stop with the ad hominem. Not cool.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Concorde »

Phantom, stop yelling please. It's hard for me to tell what's important in your post versus not. We have a lot of the same reads. We can work together. I don't think Dmitri is town but I much prefer a ST lynch. It sounds like, but I am not certain you're leaning the same way but preferring Dmitri.

How about this, I stay out of your way, you try to lynch Dmitri scum. I try to lynch ST. If Dmitri needs a hammer, I will. You hammer ST if the situation is reversed. We an count each others votes and pressure two likely scum at the same time.

Do you want me to even finish my reasoning for ST scum or not?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”