Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by Shady »

you should maybe learn the definition of ad hominem

also "find someone easily mislynchable and fake a guilty" implies i'm scum yet you were claiming i was town a few pages ago

gonna not read a single thing phantom has posted
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 408, the_soothsayer wrote:Shady, not kidding really want your explanation behind your NA scum read (Other than his vote not having moved and his reaction towards your "guilty") and not buying the "guilty" at all (I'd put the bank on Quilford not involving a day or pregame type cop in his setup not to mention your play doesn't match having one anyway) so the gambit really needs to end. Also want some town reads from you.

i don't do reads

but i'll explain NA being scum in a little while
In post 413, CellPhone wrote:Well.... I am now reconsidering my thoughts on Dipsy Doodle. This is a solid town reaction to the threat of a vote.

lol are you kidding me that's an easy reaction to give as either alignment
In post 419, Concorde wrote:I know your alt too.

you literally just tried to claim "alt hunting" was a scumtell
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 450, Shady wrote:you should maybe learn the definition of ad hominem

also "find someone easily mislynchable and fake a guilty" implies i'm scum yet you were claiming i was town a few pages ago

gonna not read a single thing phantom has posted

I said I was leaning town but had problems with your behavior. Since then, all you have done is be an insulting bully and plugged your ears to any type of scumhunting, so I will rattle your cage.
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Concorde »

In post 451, Shady wrote:
In post 408, the_soothsayer wrote:Shady, not kidding really want your explanation behind your NA scum read (Other than his vote not having moved and his reaction towards your "guilty") and not buying the "guilty" at all (I'd put the bank on Quilford not involving a day or pregame type cop in his setup not to mention your play doesn't match having one anyway) so the gambit really needs to end. Also want some town reads from you.

i don't do reads

but i'll explain NA being scum in a little while
In post 413, CellPhone wrote:Well.... I am now reconsidering my thoughts on Dipsy Doodle. This is a solid town reaction to the threat of a vote.

lol are you kidding me that's an easy reaction to give as either alignment
In post 419, Concorde wrote:I know your alt too.

you literally just tried to claim "alt hunting" was a scumtell

Stating you know the obvious isn't hunting.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Shady »

i just got off work and i'm catching up sorry i don't meet whatever arbitrary standard you've set

i clearly misunderstood what you were defining as "alt hunting". it's still a garbage tell to use
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by The Phantom of the Opera »

In post 449, Concorde wrote:Phantom, stop yelling please. It's hard for me to tell what's important in your post versus not. We have a lot of the same reads. We can work together. I don't think Dmitri is town but I much prefer a ST lynch. It sounds like, but I am not certain you're leaning the same way but preferring Dmitri.

How about this, I stay out of your way, you try to lynch Dmitri scum. I try to lynch ST. If Dmitri needs a hammer, I will. You hammer ST if the situation is reversed. We an count each others votes and pressure two likely scum at the same time.

Do you want me to even finish my reasoning for ST scum or not?

NOW THIS IS MORE MY LANGUAGE
FUCK YES I WANT YOUR REASONING FOR ST SCUM. WHY WOULDN'T I?
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:49 pm

In post 450, Shady wrote:gonna not read a single thing phantom has posted

:(
While this makes me sad, I understand your reasons for doing so. Our posts can be a lot to handle sometimes! ^.^
I only hope that our posts become more readable as we are able to post in real time instead of resorting to those nasty catchup walls (sorry again)!
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help :]

In post 451, Shady wrote:i don't do reads

This is a strange position to take!
Even stranger is that I think you might be town because of this position :/
Oh well! Hopefully my gut feeling is right and we can work together to root out the scum soon!
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Concorde »

Working on that now. Going to light up my joint and finish. My early position on 446. I'll put it in one large post when done.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

Concordes particularly lines like "Eventually I'll PoE this" and his attitude based on the NA wagon read town.

Megafan, please answer the questions in and .

Phantom, can you explain your Dimitri scum read for me because unless I've missed something your real issue with him is his promised catch up post which I don't have an issue with though the lack of follow through on it is problematic. Also wouldn't mind a concise post with where your reads/head is at with everyone else because there's only a few stances I can glean from your posts and there's a lot of people I have no idea where you're at despite talking about a lot.

Will make a larger post on why Shiba is town (Very very very confident he is) and why people needing to stop vote there in the next few hours. Got a few people I want to ISO as well and hoping that Gwen pops in sometime today so I can clear up my read there.

In post 441, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:This read essentially assumes that changing read early games is town, which is an assumption I would be uncomfortable in making. I don't believe he gave in-depth reasons for either the initial scum read or the later town read and find switching reads based on what is equivalent to no reason to be child's play for even the most incompetent of scum players. Your town read on this slot is unfortunately very shallow.

Yes, I find unprompted changes of read to be a town-tell in general. Scum when possible general maintain their reads as changing them involves having to come up with reasoning behind it and draws attention towards themselves, the strength of the town-tell is based on the timing and reasoning behind it. In this specific case there would have been plenty of scum motivation to maintaining Shiba but didn't at the time. There are certain situations where there's scum motivation to changing reads ie. Going from Town -> Scum on someone when a wagon seems to be forming on them etc but that isn't the case here.

In post 441, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:I wouldn't call his followup process particularly intensive, however. Would you disagree with that statement?

I would, it comes across less as him believing answers to the questions themselves are useful but moreso peoples reactions towards the questions (Which he touches on in ) ie. The GV vote in and the unvote after GVs explanation in .
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Natural Aristocracy »

I'm taking a big trip this whole weekend so my activity should dip compared to previous days.
Apologies. If you have questions for me, make them obvious with tags or bold. I, honestly, skim most walls on catchup before going back for a re-read when I have proper time.

I found myself agreeing with most of Phantom's catchup.
The Russian does need to die.
VOTE: Dimitri

In post 430, Concorde wrote:
NA hitme with your best reads.

Dimitri Davidoff - Scum. Had a bad, sheepy entry and has been a relative lurksack with bad votes all around.
Concorde - Town. I liked the catchup posts and how much Concorde has stood by their logic.
Shiba Tatsuya - Town. Could be snowing me with innocent play, but really seems to be addressing the game in stride and trying to make heads-and-tails of stuff. Players who post in this way fool me most often, so I am not very confident in this read.
You are dead to me - Scum. Had a bad leap to my wagon the second he came under fire. As far as I am aware, has not explained his pushes much at all despite feigning conviction.
Spider Gwen - Town. Could be fooling me but the effort looks genuine.
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy - Town. I don't like Dipsy's approach but Dipsy does not feel scum to me.
Shady - Scum. Bad 'reaction test' to distance from a bad push. Really scummy in pushing in general. Doesn't care for understanding, is contrarian.
The Phantom of the Opera - Town. I like their posts so far. Lays out good points that are fresh rather than parroty.
Greatvalue - Null. Needs to produce more content.
Quailford LOL - Town. Content isn't great, and so this read is weak.
Gumby - Town. Miller claim and specificity hit me as either for-sure town or third party.
the_soothsayer - Town. Seems to actually try to be figuring this shit out.
Megafan1998 - Scum. Scum logic, scum play, don't see any redeeming qualities or worthwhile pushes.
CellPhone - Null. Needs to contribute more right the fuck now.

I do not have a ton of confidence in these reads. I am most confident in my reads on Dimitri, Shady, Gumby, and Dipsy.
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
Gumby
Gumby
Townie
Gumby
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Gumby »

Is this the point where i say that I thought shady's reaction test was fairly effective and that concorde's push of it reads as opportunistic?
My... brain... hurts...
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Shady »

that is not what opportunistic means but you can say that if you like
Gumby
Gumby
Townie
Gumby
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Gumby »

Dammit, I was trying to be clever with a big word.

What I mean to say, though, but it looks like Concorde is using that whole reaction test thing as an excuse to scumread you, rather than having it as a genuine reason.

You're weren't using it to actively get "town" (I mean the fact he's so certain NA is town is almost worse) lynched, it was a fairly obvious reaction test. He's just seen something he can scumread you for so he takes it and uses it.
My... brain... hurts...
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

I just realized how easily I can be influenced by ALLCAPS. It's uncanny.

VOTE: Dimitri
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by Concorde »

Spoiler: bad reads quotes
In post 47, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:I agree with Dimitri that public declaration of OMGUS is a towntell.

In post 229, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:NA, don't expect me to give you a straight-off townread based on 227. I know that you are capable of posts of such lengths as scum.

To All: I have a townread on NA because I think I know his main, but don't automatically townread 227 based off its length, as he is capable of doing so as scum.

In post 267, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:This catchup post will include content from pages 4 to 9. Reads and their corresponding elaboration will be given on Spider Gwen, Concorde, Cell phone, Soothsayer, Dipsy, Quailford, and Gumby.

Strong
scumread
on Quailford.
Looking past his troll persona, there is a markedly different vibe from his off-the-cuff posting as compared to Dipsy. Many of his posts contain either blanket statements or illogical reasoning for reads, in essence they do not sound genuine. as well as makes his posts appear easy to fake. When asked to elaborate on the that he had found from Gumby, he fails to substantiate. It appears that he is more guilty of failing to determine intent than Spider Gwen had accused Dipsy of.

Strong
townread
on Dipsy.
In sharp contrast, Dipsy's off-the-cuff posting appears distinctly town, because the and his make sense. I can see his reasoning for as I had the exact same concern upon my skim. His further posts on page 10 onwards only solidify this townread, because I found his responses to Spider Gwen satisfying, as well as his read on Natural Aristocracy insightful and valid, although in my opinion misguided.

Weak
scumread
on Concorde.
I cannot follow soothsayer's reasoning for his Concorde townread. From , it appears that he has a scumread on me, and his later comment about 33 doesn't actually state a townread. I'm not sure how he progressed to me being a townread in then. I'm don't think any of his posts have rung as town, so for that he will remain in the nullscum area.

Strong
townread
on Spider Gwen.
I feel that Spider Gwen is going to be a strong town presence in the game. Her posts ask she , and her reading skills are Going to put her in the obviously-town category for now, and will only revisit later.

Weak
scumread
on Cellphone.
His only post, , is quite useless. I hope he posts more so that we can determine his alignment better.

Strong
townread
on soothsayer.
His post was very meaningful, and is admittedly the source of where I borrowed some formatting. Most of his reads are substantiated with evidence which is good, while the effort to analyze player intentions is evident. It makes his thought process clear and easier to follow, and if there is a read that I take issue with (such as his Concorde read), it is easy to clarify with him specifically on the crux of the matter, which I am currently doing. His subsequent posts look good as well.

?Unsure? about Gumby.
His posts gave me scumvibes, particularly the regarding voting me when attacking Dead for calling me newbtown, as , and also the meaningless about , despite Dead already defining His miller claim though, is the one that leaves me confused. On one hand, it is standard practice to (sometimes erroneously) put away Miller claims as Town. On another hand, it's a easy role to fakeclaim as scum, and the definitions of a Miller can be made up or obtained from a Mod's fakeclaim. I think that the best way to handle situations like this is for a rolecop on him, to determine if he is telling the truth. If it was for his claim, I'd have him as a moderate scumread.

In sum, these are my reads as of Page 11, including recent reads.

--
Dimitri Davidoff ->
Town

Natural Aristocracy ->
Town

Concorde ->
Scum

Shiba Tatsuya ->
Me

You are dead to me ->
Town

Spider Gwen ->
Town

Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy ->
Town

Shady
The Phantom of the Opera
Greatvalue ->
Town

Quailford LOL ->
Scum

Gumby ->
Null

the_soothsayer ->
Town

Megafan1998
CellPhone ->
Scum

--

In post 274, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:
In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:I think we can agree that Gumby is off the table for today, but I wonder why you are unsure of him. Do you just think that his claim counteracts his play enough? If he had not claimed Miller, you would have a moderate scumread there, right?

His claim counteracts his play. I would have a moderate scumread there if it weren't for his play, correct.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:There were 10 minutes between those two posts and the first made it clear he was only commenting on the first 2 pages. I could see the following readslist coming from a quick skim of what was left. Regardless, I think Concorde's input isn't coming from scum, as it strikes me as showing himself rather than directing others. I don't see the scum intent, I guess?

Hence, nullscum. I don't see town intent, and certainly not as strong a level as soothsayer is putting him. I feel that Dipsy was correct in calling out his Concorde townread as weird.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Do you usually think inconsistency is a scum-tell?

Generally, yes. Although, all interactions depend on context; simply "forgetting" your own reads may not necessarily be scum-inconsistency, but blatantly contradicting them in a manner that is scum-motivated, is of course a scumtell.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Can you elaborate a little more on Megafan and Shady?

Considering how little they've posted, I'll pass for now. I'll revisit next time, and hopefully they've posted more.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:What do you think of those two both having little content/not even showing up in your reads there yet still voting me?

I think your loud and brazen play makes you a magnet for votes, for both town and scum. I certainly believe that your wagon is town-driven. If anything, I'd point out Shady as the most likely scum on your wagon, but that's it.

In post 273, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Can you comment a bit more on how you feel about player's votes and the wagons that have showed up so far today?

Which player's votes? Sorry, but I think you missed a word.

In post 282, Shiba Tatsuya wrote:
In post 278, Natural Aristocracy wrote:I'm curious what you think of your scumreads' votes and the central wagons of the day (Great Value, Dimitri, Me, etc)

dipsy you're doing that thing again wrt rolecop

I disagree with all the central wagons of the day, because all of them are my townreads. I think I've addressed offhand in .

It's still early in the game, and my scumreads are relative. I'm not going to draw pre-flip associations just yet, sorry.

I am using the first few quotes that I take issue with from ST and highlighting the main issue I have here with her.

The first one is OMGUS as a town tell is wrong.

229 has a sudden shift solely because she has detected a player's main. She never really explained her scum read on NA and this is a real easy way to be flexible.

Now we are at ST's catchup. Why does she need a catch up when she's been replying in real time? The conclusions are non-sensical. The scum read of Quail is forced as there is virtually no distinction between the two. She disagrees with all major wagons later but doesn't say anything about Quail being town.

People have mentioned Cellphone read.

The NA read is not explained there.

Later ST attempts to argue that NA is town. The wagon is all town driven to ST. Yet, she also argues that scum want the wagon, so why wouldn't scum push it? If all your townreads disagree with you, I would expect frustration questions to solve it to resolve the conflict. ST appears to be fine with that and put no effort to figure out why this happened. ST even defends this. Most town would view this as a problem. Not ST.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:09 pm

In post 458, the_soothsayer wrote:Phantom, can you explain your Dimitri scum read for me because unless I've missed something your real issue with him is his promised catch up post which I don't have an issue with though the lack of follow through on it is problematic. Also wouldn't mind a concise post with where your reads/head is at with everyone else because there's only a few stances I can glean from your posts and there's a lot of people I have no idea where you're at despite talking about a lot.

Umm... I'm very sorry, but I don't think that I'm very likely to post a reads list, it's not really my style :(
I don't mean to let you down, but I don't think that posting reads list helps us unite against the scum and kill them! My reads change a lot because I'm a fickle person and putting them in a reads list feels like I'm confining them and I don't want to do that! Sorry.

Now, explain the person who I want to lynch, I can do that! ^.^
I will make this read extra special for you since I disappointed you before! I will also spoiler it if you don't mind since this post is already getting long and I'm trying to help people not be freaked out by walls!
Spoiler: Dimitri Davidoff is a bad man!! ^.^
Hi! I like spoilers because they feel like secret clubs where the only people invited are people that care about you! :]
Anyways, sorry for talking, I mostly think that Dimitri is scum because his reads are bad! (sorry Dimitri, I couldn't really think of a nicer way to say that :( ).

In post 34, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:Not afraid to his vote being viewed as OMGUS as a pretty good early indicator of town.

This is what I would call his most in-depth read in the game and this isn't very in depth :(
It's a pretty easy townread! Like he doesn't even care about looking for scum! And sure, this isn't so damning in isolation but look!

In post 104, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 79, Quailford LOL wrote:LOL exactly as I said.

The player from Wal-Mart gets town points.

So, Shiba Scumsuya = scum and Great Value = town.

VOTE: Quailford

If you are a townie, why don't you care about solving the game with us?
I don't understand why you're voting this someone! Not that not explaining things is bad (or Yell-y head would be a bad guy!) but you make no effort to sell your vote but imply you're voting him because of this position even though your position is pretty close and I don't believe you!!

In post 112, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:So Qualford/Gwen

I new few more names and this game is good as solved.

I like the confidence in helping solve the game! But I would like it if you tried a whole lot harder to solve the game because this effort isn't cutting it!! Gwen isn't scum and you picking on her like this is makes me angry! :mad:

In post 115, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:
In post 111, You are dead to me wrote:QuailfordLOL - His analysis that Shiba's RQS was bad is accurate. I agree. Town.

Do you agree with him about Shiba being scum just because of that bad RQS though?
Because that looked like an awful lot of opportunist screening of bad=scum to me.

You don't need to think Quailford LOL is right in order to think that he's town, silly! Otherwise you would be conflating wrong and scum and those two things are two different things!

GASP!

I think I probably tried too hard with this read. :oops:
I think Dimitri is a bad man because he has a Russian name (and Russians are mafia lol! jk I'm not racist :]) and mostly because his reads
really
don't seem like he's trying to find mafia! And if he's not trying to find mafia, he IS mafia who doesn't want to be found! (oooOOOoooOOOooo)

Face it, his strongest read was Quailford LOL (lol!) for calling ST scum because Quailford LOL (lol!!) was mixing up bad with scummy. There's a big problem with this and the people with big problems in this town are mafia!!

The Russian Must Die!!!!!
Concorde
Concorde
Townie
Concorde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Concorde »

I like the last post the most. Let's read between the lines shall we? Why does Dmitri want Quail's read to be associated with being bad and wrong? I have an idea but you try first. Then I will want to see if we can get a block of obvtown going.
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:17 pm

In post 458, the_soothsayer wrote:Yes, I find unprompted changes of read to be a town-tell in general. Scum when possible general maintain their reads as changing them involves having to come up with reasoning behind it and draws attention towards themselves, the strength of the town-tell is based on the timing and reasoning behind it. In this specific case there would have been plenty of scum motivation to maintaining Shiba but didn't at the time. There are certain situations where there's scum motivation to changing reads ie. Going from Town -> Scum on someone when a wagon seems to be forming on them etc but that isn't the case here.

Things that are general tells are mostly useless to me; context is king in a game like this and you're lacking some serious context. I can buy that scum in general maintain their reads and Concorde's read change didn't really have too much scum motivation behind it. However, the entire thing that makes scum changing reads difficult (aka the reasoning behind them) was pretty seriously lacking. Thus, scum faking the reads change would be laughably easy at that point and for those reasons. I might be coming around to them as a lean town independently based on their recent posts, but I still don't see what you see in this initial tell. And, I think I might be town reading you at this point so I guess this exchange isn't particularly necessary, but I guess it would help to satisfy my curiosity.

In post 458, the_soothsayer wrote:The GV vote in Post 9 and the unvote after GVs explanation in Post 26.

You and I have a wildly different definition of the word "intensive", then.
Oh well.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

Concorde about your dislike of Shibas posting in I suggest you read my and . In short 1) Him finding something a tell that you disagree with is more a playstyle issue than anything else 2) Changing a read due to meta reasons that can't be discussed or explained is very understandable in this format. 3) Having a catch up while being active isn't unusual, I sometimes play follow along while not really being able to devote the needed time to analyse things properly in which case going back to do a reread is necessary and matches what he said in . 4) Again a votee being a town read and the voters being town reads and doing nothing about it is fine in the early game and when the player isn't anywhere near actually being lynched. Will go more into why he's town later.

Case on Dimitri isn't bad at all (The point about the lack of in-depth reads is good) but still happy enough with my CellPhone vote for now.

In post 465, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:Umm... I'm very sorry, but I don't think that I'm very likely to post a reads list, it's not really my style
I don't mean to let you down, but I don't think that posting reads list helps us unite against the scum and kill them! My reads change a lot because I'm a fickle person and putting them in a reads list feels like I'm confining them and I don't want to do that! Sorry.

This is a strange position to take! There's a lot of players that I have no idea where your heads at (you comment about them with little conclusion), you having some sort of reads list helps me a) Get a better read on you and b) Helps me see where you're coming from on other players letting me assess them better myself.

In post 467, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:Things that are general tells are mostly useless to me; context is king in a game like this and you're lacking some serious context. I can buy that scum in general maintain their reads and Concorde's read change didn't really have too much scum motivation behind it. However, the entire thing that makes scum changing reads difficult (aka the reasoning behind them) was pretty seriously lacking. Thus, scum faking the reads change would be laughably easy at that point and for those reasons. I might be coming around to them as a lean town independently based on their recent posts, but I still don't see what you see in this initial tell. And, I think I might be town reading you at this point so I guess this exchange isn't particularly necessary, but I guess it would help to satisfy my curiosity.

Don't disagree that context is very important, the way I'm reading it though is that Concordes initial scum read on Shiba in was at a time where there were a few others also suspecting him, he explains the scum read in again at a time where others were suspecting Shiba and while I don't agree with his reasoning there I can follow it. In the very same post he admits that his issues with Shiba may be playstyle based and follows it up placing him as town in though sadly there's no real explanation for him becoming town. There's plenty reason for him as scum to maintain his scum read on Shiba or at least keep him as null - giving him the ability to push him later or circle back around to him but the willingness to put him as town doesn't really have any scum motivation behind it (The fact that he scum reads Shiba again now is meaningless, town change reads constantly) and while it's not "hard" to fake it's something scum generally don't do.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 468, the_soothsayer wrote:but still happy enough with my CellPhone vote for now.

I can take care of that.

DAYVIG: Cellphone
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 468, the_soothsayer wrote:but still happy enough with my CellPhone vote for now.

I can take care of that.

DAYVIG: Cellphone
Spider Gwen
Spider Gwen
Goon
Spider Gwen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Spider Gwen »

In post 409, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Well, I guess I can mark Spider Gwen down as yet another player who thinks I'm 'fencesitting' because I can say more than one thing about something.

I'm sorry. I didn't know it was town to hedge your bets.

---

In post 424, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 420, Spider Gwen wrote:The timing of the claim was incredibly scummy. He starts getting suspected by several players and then throws up his hands and cries Miller. I wanted that dead. And let's not even get into his statement about his ability to obv. town if he needs to and how that contradicts what just happened with his miller claim.

that's not any different to how a town player behaves if they draw miller and think at the start of the game that they would be best off not mentioning it. knowing that the claim itself invites suspicion only makes it more likely that it will come out incredibly quickly under suspicion because you essentially take on the scum persona of having something to hide, so you feel it much more keenly when people suspect you and it snowballs. the timing of the claim seems null. way it was handled reads town

Okay, I get that any player is going to see themselves as obv. town. However, that's not what Gumby was saying. He said that he could act obv. town depending on the role. He made it explicitly clear that miller was not one of those roles. But if he was hoping to play miller by playing obv. town, then why did he claim? If he knows he can play obv. town in such a manner, then him drawing miller should not make a difference. And if we go by your argument, he shouldn't have claimed, because he should have been confident that he was playing obv. town. The point is that he said he claimed miller because he couldn't play obv. town, which goes against your point, but then he contradicted himself when he said that he is able to purposely play obv. town depending on the role. Those two ideas don't mesh.

And on your sample size thing, it's absolute BS that you wouldn't step back and look at the bigger picture. Going individually is fine, but when you would then look and see that you're calling the entire wagon scum based on a Gumby push, you should have stopped and realized your assumptions were skewed somewhere. You didn't. And the fact that you attacked both posts at the same time in the same post shows that you had no interest in figuring that out. You just jumped on something you could push, and you white knighted the miller.

---

@Shiba: Are you scumreading Concorde? Y/N
"The Gwen Stacy method for alienating new friends: If all your friends have changed their minds about something and you start to doubt yourself-- DOUBLE DOWN!" -
Secret Wars: Spider-verse #3
Spider Gwen
Spider Gwen
Goon
Spider Gwen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Spider Gwen »

Also forgot to mention I hated Dipsy's Phantom attack for not posting. Still goes with finding easy things to just push.
"The Gwen Stacy method for alienating new friends: If all your friends have changed their minds about something and you start to doubt yourself-- DOUBLE DOWN!" -
Secret Wars: Spider-verse #3
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

Fake dayvigs are even more lame than fake day guilties. We going to have fake hammers next? Dear god what is this game.

Finally online at the same time as Gwen! Here are the things I want explained:

1. The reasoning behind your initial scum read on Dead before you changed your mind due to an alt guess in / combined with what made you consider a scum team involving Gumby/Dead in . Also want to know the confidence of your alt gues and how strongly it influences your read there.

2. We massively disagree on Dipsy, he's by far my strongest town read ignoring Gumby due to his claim. You're going to have to explain how you're missing what I'm seeing re; his scumhunting and attitude coming across as very genuine and him trying to solve the game since I feel like there's plenty in there you should be noticing and at times it feels like you're looking for things to call him out rather than trying to get a read on him. So a) I'd like a condensed version of exactly what points you consider strongly point towards him being scum (Things like him commenting mainly on Shibas rolecop suggestion in the post in or Dipsys stance on Quailfords read on Gumby in do absolutely nothing for me) and b) Do you yourself see anything that makes you doubt your read, if so what?

3. There's a lot of players that you've not really taken a stance on that have certainly posted enough content to get a read on myself included, really want to get a much better idea on what your reads overall are and why you haven't commented on them earlier.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 396, Concorde wrote:358 I don't think anyone town motivated calls 191 busiwork. If you squint, maybe buddying. 194 isn't busiwork either as its ok to call out bad votes. I don't see your objection here other than being an asshole.

On 229, ST literally says for people to not townread his townread. He is actively encouraging scumreads and thus lynching his townread.

Yes, alt hunting is scummy. You know precisely a person's weak points and strong points are to manipulate them. Focusing on that rather than scumhunting is scummy.

Calling my points dumb, such as the one on Great Value doesn't invalidate them.

Quilford and Daisy both have content, even if I am scumreading Quilford for his. The comparison is littered through ST's so-called catch up. ST's comparison read there is utter shit.

Using a rolecop on obvious town, if one exists, is pointless. If anyone actually townie seriously doubts Gumby's alignment, sure cop him. I'd rather scum actually be required to stick with and create bullshit early than verifying someone townie is who they claim to be. That's why copping Gumby's scummy.

Oh now we get onto this weasel buzzword crap you're spewing. Most people reconsider their read on a wagon if pushed all by townreads or they reconsider the townreads on the people pushing the wagon. Highlighting this is not "weasely" in any sense of the word. You're not even disagreeing with my assessment either which is my main point of doubt with you.

You're supposing that ST is playing a really short game here. ST, by town reading most of the active voices, us engaging in buddying. Second, if NA is a mislynch (which should be obvious given the lack of obvtown pushing the wagon triggering your guilty claim), ST has no reason to discourage it.

None of my attacks are cheap and weasely. So yes, ST will answer them. No you will not dare have your arrogance or remote possibility of being scum with ST stop me from getting said answers.

holy crap are you trying to be unreadable on purpose

i have to click back between this post and mine to understand the context and that is a serious pain in the ass

the complaints against post 191 are more or less similar to what i've been thinking. it's a crappy passive post that feigns the appearance of activity and interest will probably go into it more later b/c its a consistent pattern with NA. Shiba said people shouldn't townread NA for a post they made. not the same thing as him saying they shouldnt townread him at all. if anything it's a nuanced view more likely to come from town. trying to claim that shiba's focus on alt hunting is bullshit, he's done plenty else besides. comes across as trying to blow things out of proportion.

i don't need to invalidate the idea that greatvalue subconsciously distanced himself from his page 1 vote by saying it was bad as a subconscious grammar slip
because that idea is absolutely terrible and no one with half a brain should believe that
. that doesnt happen. ever.

you claimed quail/dipsy both "had weak or nonsensical posting." Now you say they both have content.

also, You said this:
In post 304, Concorde wrote:This Quailford read is a lot of bollocks and looks designed to prime the conclusion Quailford is scummier than Dipsy.

Yet now say this:
Quilford and Daisy both have content, even if I am scumreading Quilford for his. The comparison is littered through ST's so-called catch up. ST's comparison read there is utter shit.

SO WHICH ONE IS IT? WHY IS HIS COMPARISON SO BAD WHEN YOU AGREE WITH THE CONCLUSION?

i literally dont care if the strategy shiba suggested is good or not, i think gumbys probably town too. whats important is that he really seemed to believe it was the best course of action

your attacks deliberately misrepresent the posts others have made to create false arguments, and you're trying to ensnare people with arguments that don't look to be in good faith, like someone not agreeing with their townreads which is
perfectly natural
. calling people town isn't buddying especially since he's been fairly forthright with his thinking and isn't sucking up to people

*throws up*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”