Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 373, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 359, Espeonage wrote:
In post 357, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 355, makara wrote:What makes your focus switch from me to Espeon?

Because I have youself, overflow and Esp as scum and I really don't see you and overflow teamed here.

That's actually really dangerous and bad thinking. Couple this with the self town claim you make by calling something that is not a town slip, a town slip and you are starting to look p bad.

How is it not a town slip? It clearly looks like CW had no idea how the setup for this game worked.

I have seen some shit man, nothing is off the cards. You think something's not possible and then the next game, it happens. But no seriously, not understanding the setup is not indicitive of anything.
Don't @ me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I expect some kind of defence from Esp in my cuz its going to look bad for them if they don't.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:51 pm

In post 375, Espeonage wrote:

Because I have youself, overflow and Esp as scum and I really don't see you and overflow teamed here.

That's actually really dangerous and bad thinking. Couple this with the self town claim you make by calling something that is not a town slip, a town slip and you are starting to look p bad.

How is it not a town slip? It clearly looks like CW had no idea how the setup for this game worked.

I have seen some shit man, nothing is off the cards. You think something's not possible and then the next game, it happens. But no seriously, not understanding the setup is not indicitive of anything.

Actually I know what you mean. My last game 'A Midnight Sun' by 4nxi3ty was one game where Scum played in a way that I have never seen before. Maybe it was just a higher level game or something. I'd like to ask you sometime why you bailed out that game -maybe I'll even get an answer.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Shrug, it's p true tbh. (the bit about me claiming I'm unorthodox and seeing what happens)
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 377, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 375, Espeonage wrote:

Actually I know what you mean. My last game 'A Midnight Sun' by 4nxi3ty was one game where Scum played in a way that I have never seen before. Maybe it was just a higher level game or something. I'd like to ask you sometime why you bailed out that game -maybe I'll even get an answer.

Never hydra with me.
Don't @ me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:36 pm

In post 378, Espeonage wrote:Shrug, it's p true tbh. (the bit about me claiming I'm unorthodox and seeing what happens)

I thought self meta was pretty Scummy by most standards.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Saying I am unorthodox isn't self meta. Claiming that playing the way I am is town indicitive would be.
Don't @ me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:24 pm

In post 381, Espeonage wrote:Saying I am unorthodox isn't self meta. Claiming that playing the way I am is town indicitive would be.

Semantics.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Truth and definitions. The attempted trapping is noted though.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Both counts.
Don't @ me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 pm

In post 383, Espeonage wrote:Truth and definitions. The attempted trapping is noted though.

Good, glad you have a town read on me then.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Post by Espeonage »

bruh
Don't @ me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Yeah? What's up?

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You andI bothknowIam not townreadingyou.
Don't @ me.
0verfl0w
0verfl0w
Townie
0verfl0w
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:40 am

Post by 0verfl0w »

Really? I think makara and I would make quite a great scum team. Seriously though, can you explain your scumread on me?

@Kim I'd like to see your scumread theory as well. You seem town to me, and I'd like to know how you're reading.
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:13 am

Post by makara »

@overflow what are your thoughts on lickety and espeonage?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:13 am

In post 388, Espeonage wrote:You andI bothknowIam not townreadingyou.

Actually I did not know that. Last thing you said about any kind of read on me was that my entrance was cool. So what changed? you have to admit it take a pretty seasoned player to play the way I am playing as Scum and I just don't have that experience.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:19 am

In post 389, 0verfl0w wrote:

Really? I think makara and I would make quite a great scum team. Seriously though, can you explain your scumread on me?

@Kim I'd like to see your scumread theory as well. You seem town to me, and I'd like to know how you're reading.

It has nothing to do with how great or poor you would be as Scum buddies. Its more of a POE thing more than anything why I am Scum reading you.

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by pieguyn »

PantherPunt has been prodded.
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Kim »

Well, my theorized scumteam involved LicketyQuickety. After sleeping, starving a bunch of Banished settlers, and rereading, I'm not a big fan of my associative theory now. So, I won't mention who the second player was until we know LQ's alignment.

It really doesn't feel like Day 2's changed a lot for me. Like other people think, Panther and Vedith both feel town to me -- Vedith maybe a little less so. I'm still leaning town on 0verfl0w and makara -- I think 0verfl0w's had a better Day 2, but makara had the better Day 1.

Espeonage is like the Mafia embodiment of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. He seems to be ready to die in -- which, if we're going to keep him out of LyLo like he wants us to, needs to be really soon. I'm normally not the kind of person to let requests like that go unfulfilled -- TSO earlier to his Masquerade game where he said he wanted to be lynched and ended up winning as scum -- but I'd rather at least look for other scum.

That leaves LQ. There's the bad argument against makara -- I went and reread the thread up to LQ's vote on makara, paying attention to when he replied. I saw nothing that indicated his "timing" was bad -- he doesn't seem to be on 24/7, but that's not a scumtell. CW's scummy appearance has been stated before. LQ's claim in that CW's was a town slip seems like the kind of thing he should have mentioned in when he said he thought he was "replacing into a scum slot," seeing as CW's contribution literally consisted of 5 sentences and 2 votes and couldn't have been too stressful to read.

In post 63, Crashing_Waves wrote:
In post 58, T S O wrote:Nosferatu is probably town.
is this a soft cop claim or just a town read/gut feeling?
In post 373, LicketyQuickety wrote:How is it not a town slip? It clearly looks like CW had no idea how the setup for this game worked.

There is no way that the scum could know whether or not town had a cop based on the Matrix6 setup and the role assignments they received. A scum CW could definitely get information from a total n00b that replied to that. Not only is it not "clear," I can't see how you can argue that this was town-alignment-indicative.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
L-2

but I could be convinced to vote for Espeonage (though probably not by LQ)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:52 pm

So your case that I am Scum is because I have said thing that I had to reassess. I suppose that is fair. I can link many many games where I have made contradictions like that as Town. Some people actually think my Scum game is more Towning than my Town game fwiw.

Kim, why don't you like my case on Esp or markara? I was getting caught up, and rereading the thread. I have brought to the table some things that have not previously been talked about. It is a lot more difficult to make that kind of stuff up as Scum, wouldn't you agree?

All that said I kinda think Kim has a confirmation bias against me.

Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Kim »

In post 395, LicketyQuickety wrote:So your case that I am Scum is because I have said thing that I had to reassess. I suppose that is fair. I can link many many games where I have made contradictions like that as Town. Some people actually think my Scum game is more Towning than my Town game fwiw.

Noted. I also considered the actions of CW, of course, and your flip-flop on your assessment of him.

Kim, why don't you like my case on Esp or markara? I was getting caught up, and rereading the thread. I have brought to the table some things that have not previously been talked about. It is a lot more difficult to make that kind of stuff up as Scum, wouldn't you agree?

A large part of your case against them seems to be the process of elimination -- you think Panther, Vedith and I are town, so therefore 2 of 0ver, Esp, and makara are scum. Per , you're saying that since 0ver/makara doesn't make sense to you, Esp is the best target to lynch now. I'm sure you understand why I disagree with that. (You also have post , but you took that back in before I could look closely at it. Is that part of your current case?)

I've never actually been scum, but I would think that you'd still reread and analyze the game in the same way that townies would. You'd build the case against the scummy-looking townie and try to get them mislynched. The fact that they aren't actually scum doesn't really matter -- it just might make it harder.

All that said I kinda think Kim has a confirmation bias against me.

I've made a good faith effort to avoid that, but obviously I can't be the final judge of that.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:34 pm

In post 396, Kim wrote:
In post 395, LicketyQuickety wrote:So your case that I am Scum is because I have said thing that I had to reassess. I suppose that is fair. I can link many many games where I have made contradictions like that as Town. Some people actually think my Scum game is more Towning than my Town game fwiw.

Noted. I also considered the actions of CW, of course, and your flip-flop on your assessment of him.

At the most CW's actions should be Null/Scum. It should not be means for a big Scum read. Its not that difficult to see that CW was just bored with the pace of this game most likely.

In post 396, Kim wrote:
In post 395, LicketyQuickety wrote:Kim, why don't you like my case on Esp or markara? I was getting caught up, and rereading the thread. I have brought to the table some things that have not previously been talked about. It is a lot more difficult to make that kind of stuff up as Scum, wouldn't you agree?

A large part of your case against them seems to be the process of elimination -- you think Panther, Vedith and I are town, so therefore 2 of 0ver, Esp, and makara are scum. Per , you're saying that since 0ver/makara doesn't make sense to you, Esp is the best target to lynch now. I'm sure you understand why I disagree with that. (You also have post , but you took that back in before I could look closely at it. Is that part of your current case?)

I've never actually been scum, but I would think that you'd still reread and analyze the game in the same way that townies would. You'd build the case against the scummy-looking townie and try to get them mislynched. The fact that they aren't actually scum doesn't really matter -- it just might make it harder.

No I don't get why its hard to believe. Both are my true perspective. Perhaps I am doing a bit of confirmation bias as well.

In post 396, Kim wrote:
In post 395, LicketyQuickety wrote:All that said I kinda think Kim has a confirmation bias against me.

I've made a good faith effort to avoid that, but obviously I can't be the final judge of that.

It really is a giant to get over confirmation bias for most people.

Kim I think what you might be missing is that Scum have what's called a guilty complex. It mean they subconsciously know that they should get caught. I am not the one who came up with this either btw. Look it up.

Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Kim »

In post 397, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 396, Kim wrote:

No I don't get why its hard to believe. Both are my true perspective. Perhaps I am doing a bit of confirmation bias as well.

It's logical from your point of view (or at least the one you're presenting), where you're 100% town. I don't have that piece of information, so I would still see four potential scum among those two. Therefore, I'd still have to consider the L/0, L/E, and L/m pairings -- and therefore, I don't come to the same conclusions you do. I'm not sure I'd call that "confirmation bias" -- that's more of an issue of private vs. public knowledge.

Kim I think what you might be missing is that Scum have what's called a guilty complex. It mean they subconsciously know that they should get caught. I am not the one who came up with this either btw. Look it up.

I'm willing to look into it, but I couldn't find it on the wiki. The only thing I found with Google was N1601's scum thread where they talked about having a guilt complex if the game had a night start and they had to kill someone who hadn't played yet. Do you have any links? (Actually looking at any such links would have to wait until "tomorrow," since it's getting close to 3:00a here.)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm not really sure what the formal name for the guilt complex thing, but just search guilt in the search box and you'll get like 250 pages worth of stuff to look through. I am not at all the first person to come up with this. Esp probably knows who's theory it is but I've only seen the quote once.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”