St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:57 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Taly, please stop making me want to lynch you!
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 252, Varsoon wrote:Not sure how to handle the reachout to me, Klingon/Brunneis.

I have a lot of experience with you but I typically don't rely on meta and I can't say I'm confident in reading you based on experience alone.

Because our Classic Rock Scum game was my Scum meta 100%. I like the idea of thinking so far out of the box that we're actually in another dimension. It's not so much meta as it is personality. You're the same way. (I'm going to create an alt called Cletus O'Batshit someday.)

See, as Town I can't have nearly so much fun. There's that Special Snowflake type that wants everyone out of the game but themselves so they can take credit for winning (and blame the losses on dead players or the mod,) and there are the Robot Droids that play strictly by the book and are soul-crushingly dull, there are the NoobDerps that can't get into the meta variations this site has, and there are the Scum that do everything they can to lead a mislynch. The Snowflakes, Droids, and Derps will happily follow the Scum into Perdition.
So I have to rein myself in to an uncomfortable degree as Town. This ain't my Scum game, kids. (One of these days I'm going to create a trollol alt called Cletus O'Batshit so I can have some fun as Town.)

Klingon
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 264, makara wrote:
In post 237, Brunneis wrote:
In post 205, makara wrote:

Is there anything else that you find scummy about goodmorning or is this purely associative?

Associative,
mostly
. Plus reasons.

Klingoncelt

Please elaborate.

I can't. Ongoing games reasons.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 265, duppin wrote:Alright I'm back.

My initial read was actually Trivium and Brunneis as scum partners. That is why I asked Trivium what he thought about them, but based on what has happened now I'd say that is unlikely.
I do however still believe there is a scum between the two of them, just not entirely sure I believe it is Brunneis.

Kling please convince me you guys aren't scum.

Proving innocence isn't easy. What would you like to know?
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 275, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Taly, please stop making me want to lynch you!

Are you talking to Taly's posts, or mine?

Kling
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:19 am

Post by makara »

In post 253, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I disagree with Trivium's arguments against Brunneis, and it makes me pause. It's hard to explain, but Trivium is saying that Brunneis should be trying to advance the game, instead of trying to 'look town'? Usually when scum want to look town, they try to ask questions, share reads, etc. Or, well.. Basically I don't like Trivium's case, and it makes me second-guess myself on Brunneis. Like, accusing then of trying to look town while also saying that they should be doing more to advance the game... There's no other way to look town without doing the latter, is there?

I don't get this. How exactly does Trivium using flawed reasoning to push Brunneis make Brunneis less scummy?
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 234, Varsoon wrote:What happened was that people decided Trivium and Brunneis were scummy and that the Errant wagon was probably going too fast.

I'm not a huge fan of it.

Why aren't you? Is there something wrong with that particular school of thought in this case?
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Trivium »

I hate hydras. It's hard to keep track of who said what, which is an important part of determining whether a personality would say this or that when they would be scum or town.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 253, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I disagree with Trivium's arguments against Brunneis, and it makes me pause. It's hard to explain, but Trivium is saying that Brunneis should be trying to advance the game, instead of trying to 'look town'? Usually when scum want to look town, they try to ask questions, share reads, etc. Or, well.. Basically I don't like Trivium's case, and it makes me second-guess myself on Brunneis. Like, accusing then of trying to look town while also saying that they should be doing more to advance the game... There's no other way to look town without doing the latter, is there?

What I've written here isn't accurately conveying my thoughts, but I don't know how to word it. Also, quotes Brunneis' vote of them before voting Brunneis.. Why did you do that, Trivium?

Pedit:

Goodmorning, about those two quotes, I wouldn't call yours self-incriminating. More confident, certainly. Brunneis' was kind of sloppy, whereas yours had more of that self-assuredness that makes you appear a stronger player, and also kind of makes me nervous.

I'd taken it as a coincidence, and I expected you to either agree, or to say something about how close the two quotes are to each other in terms of time. Instead, you called attention to what each quote represents, and how yours is 'incriminating'... Which, to me, reads 'look, I'm not nervous and I'm not always assuring everyone that I'm town'. A very roundabout way of doing so, but in the end, you've still quoted yourself to say that you're more town than Brunneis.

I could have condensed that into a sentence, probably. My posting style is still full of redundancy.

I quoted brunneis's vote on me because I was going to say that I didn't like it because goodmorning doesn't act towards me like a scumpartner would, but I never got to doing that. I get that looking town is a side affect of being town, but I feel like brunneis's posts are geared more toward LOOKING town than BEING town and doing actual town things.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Trivium »

If I am ever scum again, I am totally going to use obviously stupid reasoning against my scumbuddy to make people think I'm wrong. I think that would actually work.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 281, Trivium wrote:
Why aren't you? Is there something wrong with that particular school of thought in this case?

This is why i want varsoon to clarify his stance on my wagon. Varsoon later states hes fine lynching in you me and brunneis, if i recall correctly
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Brunneis »

Here it is, the Klingon head reads list:

READS:

Ika Musume - Ika straight-out claims to be playing by his Scum meta. Does that mean he's Scum? If it does, then he's playing against his win condition. Town.

Makara - Nothing pinging my Scumdar, seems to be asking good questions... Town

Maxwell Puckett - Is analyzing posts, paying attention... Town

Duppin - His low-volume posting is reasonably normal meta. Shows interest only in Trivium and us. I find that curious. Otherwise Lean Town

Vedith - Not much posting, but no negative pings... Lean Town.

Errantparabola - Naturally defensive about her wagon. Odd push on Makara's reaction early in game. Null.

Gray Foxxxx - Neither is spelled wrong in his sig. ISO is... vacant. Null.

Varsoon - Not much going on there. Null

Ranger - Scores a couple of Town points, but skips out on things... the Errant thing wasn't good. Lean Scum

Goodmorning - Falsely claims that Errant wants credit for ending RVS, calls RVS/pressure votes "boring," says he could vote Trivium but never does, claims Errant screwed around with the reaction testing because Errant's Scum, wk's Trivium lots, answers questions directed at Trivium, coaches Trivium lots, SCUM

Trivium - Major issues with reaction tests, posts 79 and105 whiteknighting Goodmorning, SCUM
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Ranger »

Brunneis wrote:Ranger - FoS for weird bailing on Errant wagon
What.

I'm THE driving force behind the Errant wagon. I voted Errant early and haven't moved my vote since then, with Errant always as my #1 scumread.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 275, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Taly, please stop making me want to lynch you!

:( I haven't even heard your underlying problem with my posts, or why I scum up this slot. So I don't know what to say to you.

Besides me, who else do you think would be a good lynch so far?

In post 283, Trivium wrote:

What I've written here isn't accurately conveying my thoughts, but I don't know how to word it. Also, quotes Brunneis' vote of them before voting Brunneis.. Why did you do that, Trivium?

Pedit:

Goodmorning, about those two quotes, I wouldn't call yours self-incriminating. More confident, certainly. Brunneis' was kind of sloppy, whereas yours had more of that self-assuredness that makes you appear a stronger player, and also kind of makes me nervous.

I'd taken it as a coincidence, and I expected you to either agree, or to say something about how close the two quotes are to each other in terms of time. Instead, you called attention to what each quote represents, and how yours is 'incriminating'... Which, to me, reads 'look, I'm not nervous and I'm not always assuring everyone that I'm town'. A very roundabout way of doing so, but in the end, you've still quoted yourself to say that you're more town than Brunneis.

I could have condensed that into a sentence, probably. My posting style is still full of redundancy.

I quoted brunneis's vote on me because I was going to say that I didn't like it because goodmorning doesn't act towards me like a scumpartner would, but I never got to doing that. I get that looking town is a side affect of being town, but I feel like brunneis's posts are geared more toward LOOKING town than BEING town and doing actual town things.

Did you read my post directed EXACTLY to you?

In post 284, Trivium wrote:
If I am ever scum again
, I am totally going to use obviously stupid reasoning against my scumbuddy to make people think I'm wrong. I think that would actually work.

Um....
again?

Am I the only one that cringes at this?

Errantparabola wrote:

This is why i want varsoon to clarify his stance on my wagon. Varsoon later states hes fine lynching in you me and brunneis, if i recall correctly

Ranger said it, Varsoon agreed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Seeing a lot of posts coming just as I am submitting this.

But this head of the hydra has things to do right now - so I'll be back later.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 288, Brunneis wrote:

:( I haven't even heard your underlying problem with my posts, or why I scum up this slot. So I don't know what to say to you.

Besides me, who else do you think would be a good lynch so far?

In post 283, Trivium wrote:

Pedit:

Did you read my post directed EXACTLY to you?

In post 284, Trivium wrote:
If I am ever scum again
, I am totally going to use obviously stupid reasoning against my scumbuddy to make people think I'm wrong. I think that would actually work.

Um....
again?

Am I the only one that cringes at this?

Errantparabola wrote:

Ranger said it, Varsoon agreed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Seeing a lot of posts coming just as I am submitting this.

But this head of the hydra has things to do right now - so I'll be back later.

I read it, but my opinion is that none of them are very helpful for me to come up with scumreads.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

My daughter decided to me born a month early tonight. :')
Gotta vla for 4 days.
-Neither enemy nor friend.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 288, Brunneis wrote:Ranger said it, Varsoon agreed.

My point still stands.

GrayFoxxxx wrote:My daughter decided to me born a month early tonight. :')
Gotta vla for 4 days.

Wow. congrats!
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 266, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 251, goodmorning wrote:It occurs to me that ika's kinda playing to his Scum meta atm.

Could you elaborate

Varsoon wrote:Ika's not throwing up any red flags for me yet.
It's been awhile since I've played with Taly, so, again, I'm not confident there.
Sorry, don't really have much to sink my fangs into.

I feel like Ranger's recent post is on-point.
I'd say that we lynch between those three for sure, sure.

Out of curiousity so you agree with the wagon on me

Errant, I'm not a fan of your posts. This would maybe be why?
In post 280, makara wrote:

I don't get this. How exactly does Trivium using flawed reasoning to push Brunneis make Brunneis less scummy?

Makara: Trivium's flawed reasoning is their attempt to get onto the Brunneis wagon without being contested for sleeping or naked voting. At least this is how I'm seeing it. So, it follows that if I go with that line of thinking. Brunneis isn't scum...? Unless Trivium is doing a weird bussing strategy that he actually... Outlined a few posts after this exchange.

VOTE: Trivium

I'm more wary of Trivium than Brunneis at this point. Add in my suspicion of goodmorning (who is also against Brunneis) and it adds up to me not wanting to vote them anymore.

Taly's wary posting style is strange, but it can be explained. There's also klingons more recent posts. If town, I'd like to give Klingon a chance.

Also, Ranger, you still on V/LA? I liked your early posts, but I haven't seen much from you recently. I think.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:27 am

Post by The Fire Hermit »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7318987#p7318987]post 293[/url], St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Maxwell

That is sensible and summarized
everything
I was beginning to think about the slot. Still not sure if I want to prolong Brunneis's death though, considering that will drive me utterly insane. Also there is a bit more scum paranoia; I would feel more comfortable with Trivium scum alive for a little longer than Klingon scum, because Klingon is smart enough where she may be able to reimagine her slots plays and come out looking town up until the end of the game.
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 am

Post by The Fire Hermit »

I am also with you on Goodmorning, but that isn't territory I want to dive into now. Associatives on day one are a good way to get burned.

If I were to be brutally transparent about what players I am scumreading, and if you know my meta, I usually am not transparent at all; then Varsoon has also attracted a fair amount of scum suspicion as well.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 286, Brunneis wrote:Vedith - Not much posting, but no negative pings... Lean Town.

Varsoon - Not much going on there. Null

Ummm, any reason that I go lean town for not posting and Varsoon goes null?
I mean, are there any negative pings from Varsoon?

In post 286, Brunneis wrote:Makara - Nothing pinging my Scumdar, seems to be asking good questions... Town

Talk to me about Makara.
Makara seems to be asking good questions? Now, I'm looking over his questions... It's asking why for votes most the time or why someone has said something.
Asking why is just a generic question.

"why?"
"I don't get the wagon on Brunneis. What are people finding scummy about them?"
"Trivium - can you respond to this. What did you find scummy in particular about my reaction test?"
"Is there anything else that you find scummy about goodmorning or is this purely associative?"
"I don't get this. How exactly does Trivium using flawed reasoning to push Brunneis make Brunneis less scummy?"

These are very empty questions if you ask me.

In post 286, Brunneis wrote:Ranger - Scores a couple of Town points, but skips out on things... the Errant thing wasn't good. Lean Scum

Talk to me about this.

Does your other head agree with any of these reads?

Other than that, I do quite like the scum reads... I'm just not sold on Trivium as much as I am GM, and I'm always a fan of thinking that when a scummy looking person gives 2 scum names, the first is town and the second is scum.
Would you be happy with a GM lynch? As I like that slot for voting.

We're looking for scum,
High and low,
Ready the cellars,
and watch the town Grow!

UNVOTE: Maxwell
VOTE: GM

@Gray - Congratulations! All the best with that. :mrgreen:
I claim scum \o/
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit