ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by ika »

and if we myslycnh and misvenge anywyas and they double shot it goes to a 5v3 and scums are gonna be more conorer IMO cus tats where the big crunhc comes in on who you ycnh and townbloc
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 150, ika wrote:and if we myslycnh and misvenge anywyas and they double shot it goes to a 5v3 and scums are gonna be more conorer IMO cus tats where the big crunhc comes in on who you ycnh and townbloc

Oh duh, we only have 12 players, I thought we had 13 for some reason.

OK, Makes sense now.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Taly »

I've been busy a bit IRL, I'll squeeze a post more in depth later on my thoughts.

However, looking at Ika's recent posts - I'm seeing some town motivation from them. He seems like he's trying to workout possibilities and give a fair assessment about how we should go about this.

So for now, UNVOTE:

Not fond of how Pip is looking right now. I'd like to see Pip answer to Makara's

I'm also feeling more confident in my gut town-Super read.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

The_Jester replaces MeowMix effective immediately.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:23 am

Post by The_Jester »

Hi there!
I'm Jester, a.k.a. The Best Mafia Player Ever

But Johnny, Bell and Chaos already know that. Hi guys!

It's my first time with such setup so I found all your meta talk very interesting. I'm gonna re-read now more carefully.
In the meantime, feel free to ask me some questions to keep the discussion going.
I also see we don't have too much time left.

@Mod: would you be so kind and grant us a deadline extension? I know you're reluctant to do so but my predecessor has been inactive all day long. Pretty please?

Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
SuperStar2361
SuperStar2361
Townie
SuperStar2361
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:02 am

Post by SuperStar2361 »

In post 146, ika wrote:
In post 131, SuperStar2361 wrote:They could be a Citizen who doesn't want to give scum any ideas,
but they could be scum pretending to be a Citizen who doesn't want to give scum any ideas.
Either way, not giving reasons on why we should do stuff doesn't help town.

the bolded makes no sense. As for it i=more in general, do you have a better idea or are you going to sterr dicussiona nd make the bloc yourself? im fine with being out of it in gernal
if people are going to listent o me after my flip
then and work together but untill then i dont see much help coming form "no lets no have X in bloc"

What I basically meant was that you could be town or you could be scum. I was thinking that if we do decide to go with the town bloc/PoE strategy, that maybe Taly should be in the bloc, because they seem like town IMO. Not sure about who else, though, so I have no idea on how to go about making the bloc myself.

The part in blue is confusing me a little. I'm pretty sure some people have talked about your strategy and who should be in the bloc, so aren't they listening to you now...?

-----

I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about ika because of their recent posts. Specifically, this part:

In post 146, ika wrote:
So me:
Trying to get people to work together
trying to make people get a scum list for first lynch
trying to work with SW and possibly others on a town bloc that majority can agree to
trying to move dicussion foward and get info form people

is not doing stuff that is town?

I've looked back through their posts and that's exactly what they're doing. I still think that them not giving reasons to do stuff and not answering questions is a little suspicious because we don't know what their motives are, but they are doing things that benefit town, so I am less suspicious of them now.

-----

Hello, The_Jester! This is my first time playing in a setup like this, too! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on everyone once you've read through what's happened so far.

...And I have no idea how much time we have left.
OTHER Instagram:
https://instagram.com/superstar.crossing/
OTHER Tumblr:
http://superstarcrossing.tumblr.com/
3DS Friend Code:
1864-9045-0674
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

VOTE: Taly

Willing to move my vote to any other player to achieve a lynch, but there's not gonna be a lynch without a deadline extension.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Kop »

VOTE: pip

I don't understand the logic of wanting someone lynched but not going to do it day 2. It's a weird stance to take on, I mean ika is scum read if they are wanting to lynch them but if you scum read him you do it today not any other day.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:34 am

In post 154, The_Jester wrote:

@Mod: would you be so kind and grant us a deadline extension? I know you're reluctant to do so but my predecessor has been inactive all day long. Pretty please?

^ Relevant ^

I will delay the day's end by two days. No longer. This is a one time thing, so make your extra time count.

Haha....I miss Iwata...

Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 am

Le Votecount:
ika -
Saphira 7 -
The_Jester -
makara -
SilverWolf - Saphira 7
Taly - RadiantCowbells, itlepip, ChaosOmega
Kop - SilverWolf
SuperStar2361 - makara
JohnnyFarrar - ika
RadiantCowbells -
ChaosOmega - SuperStar2361
itlepip - JohnnyFarrar, Kop

Not Voting: The_Jester, Taly

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

(expired on 2015-10-24 20:56:00)

I love Halloween.

Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Kop »

That green is hard to read on the default background.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:17 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 147, ika wrote:
In post 141, itlepip wrote:I don't like the way that ika is playing, and I have been in favor of policy lynches or at least putting people at L-1 when either the game stagnates or people refuse to answer questions or generally lurk. Mostly just because I hate losing to WIFOM with players that play bad that I read town then end up scum.

here lets work this out and unpack it a bit:

if im scum, i dont get to venge kill and you guys are up one person
If im town im going to venge shoot the agreed target by the majoirty

so tell me why its not a good idea for me to be the first lynch if you think im town but want to policy?

i mean let put it this way on you:

if your town, you can venge shoot me and be done with it
if your scum its win for us

Because you were acting as if you were going to shoot based on your own reads instead of what the group decided.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 am

Post by ika »

your response does not answer the later situation i put, if you are the first lynch why dont you jsut venge me
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 am

Post by itlepip »

I think that Ika is a trolly town trying his best to get the venge shot.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:20 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Got my answer from the mod. Was worried with the wording of the roles this time around that scum could use both shots in one day, which is not the case.

So yeah why aren't people voting pip? The policy lynch thing is getting even more thin with ika posting substance
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:38 am

Post by makara »

@itlepip can you answer the question please???
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Taly »

Alright, I've finally foraged the time to read over the thread some and form my thoughts.

In post 141, itlepip wrote:I don't like the way that ika is playing, and I have been in favor of policy lynches or at least putting people at L-1 when either the game stagnates or people refuse to answer questions or generally lurk. Mostly just because I hate losing to WIFOM with players that play bad that I read town then end up scum.

In post 163, itlepip wrote:

I think that Ika is a trolly town trying his best to get the venge shot.

If you don't like his play - and unsure of your read - why are you townreading him? Are you saying he's bad-town, and if you're in favor of a PL - then why not on him?

In post 161, itlepip wrote:
In post 147, ika wrote:

here lets work this out and unpack it a bit:

if im scum, i dont get to venge kill and you guys are up one person
If im town im going to venge shoot the agreed target by the majoirty

so tell me why its not a good idea for me to be the first lynch if you think im town but want to policy?

i mean let put it this way on you:

if your town, you can venge shoot me and be done with it
if your scum its win for us

Because you were acting as if you were going to shoot based on your own reads instead of what the group decided.

Really not liking the inconsistencies in the read formation and Pips actions directed to Ika...

I'm already suspicious that you misrepped me and said that I favored death for no reason - yet your vote still remains, even when you haven't responded to me at all in this dayphase - when I REPLIED to you.

You accuse me of little justification in my vote to a possible lynch - but here you're alright with PLing someone you say is town - yet you never took the initiative to push?

I keep envisioning you to flip scum.

VOTE: itlepip

JohnnyFarrar wrote:Got my answer from the mod. Was worried with the wording of the roles this time around that scum could use both shots in one day, which is not the case.

So yeah why aren't people voting pip? The policy lynch thing is getting even more thin with ika posting substance

The bolded part is very similar to my thought process right now.

>>>

Chaos, why did you make the push on Pip but then jump onto me?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:23 am

Post by ika »

im getting to this tonight, i have been lsoely following but im on break at work
Saphira 7
Saphira 7
Goon
Saphira 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Saphira 7 »

In post 146, ika wrote:
In post 132, Saphira 7 wrote:
In post 92, ika wrote:
Im waiting for first lynch and venge shot. Doing prematurely will casue bias. If we get rid of the dayvig we can just town bloc 3 ppl and be done.

SW talk to me, i want to belive your town but i dont feel convinced yet.

As others have noted, you're acting like you're an auto-include in this eventual town bloc. I find this pretty scummy-- like you're trying to convince us that you're above suspicion, even when you haven't done anything particularly town.

So me:
Trying to get people to work together
trying to make people get a scum list for first lynch
trying to work with SW and possibly others on a town bloc that majority can agree to
trying to move dicussion foward and get info form people

is not doing stuff that is town? i mean yes scum could do it as well but nobody has yet to take on the mantle of steering discussion, making town read and pushing lycnhes, making a town bloc that might work, and workign with other.

i mean some of the people are doign some of it dont get me wrong on that, but nobody is really going strong on anything is all very passiveness right now

You answered it yourself: what you're doing isn't really indicative of alignment. And "nobody else is overwhelmingly town" =/= "we should townread you because you're doing stuff that's possibly town." By the way, why did you mention SW in particular? Are you leaning towards a townread on her, and if so, why?

Going back to reread and catch up now.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by itlepip »

Okay, at this point in time because of how little time we have to achieve a lynch today, we need to decided very quickly on who we are lynching today, (very likely me since I played poorly earlier today) and make sure that we actually do successfully lynch someone so we can take advantage of the venge shot.

I have kept my vote on Taly because I am currently of the opinion, which may change, that it is generally better to have a vote in play and that since recently I haven't had a better scum read then Taly I have kept my vote there. When I made my initial read on Taly I missed the question and answer about her motives, nonetheless I still had a slight gut scum read on Taly so I have kept my vote on him.

ika I think is a just slight town read now , his play has become more typical as the day has progressed, his iso doesn't have any obvious scum intent, meh to postive.

Chaos's play seems weird to me. A brief history of Chaos.

43 Here he proposes an initial read on Superstar that I disagree with but is not 100% towny.

This play is reasonable from a town perspective but sets up for the potential 5v3 scenario that people mention if both parties are town. This and several following post show that he is in favor of lynching someone today and using the vig shot.

Now out of f*cking nowhere he changes his vote to Taly,
In post 156, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Taly

Willing to move my vote to any other player to achieve a lynch, but there's not gonna be a lynch without a deadline extension.

There seem to be two possible motivations for this post, neither of which are towny. If he actually was town, then the only good reason to vote for Taly here is if you don't approve of the veng kill or you think we can all suddenly join the Taly wagon to get that lynch. What hurts this interpretation even more is that he has said nothing to suggest that he has changed his read on me or explain his read on Taly (pot calling the kettle black I know but bear with me). My analysis of this vote change is that he is scum either trying to prevent the veng shot since he is scared of where it is going or by joining in on my vote trying to make it seem like shooting Taly is good here since it would have more support. My current scum read is Chaos.

VOTE: ChaosOmega
I would be willing to hammer myself with the understanding that without a good argument against it my veng will hit Chaos.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by itlepip »

Pedit: 'not 100% towny' should be 'not 100% scummy'
Saphira 7
Saphira 7
Goon
Saphira 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Saphira 7 »

In post 123, ika wrote:ok i got an idea.

Everyone name 3 people you want to be veng shot and put them from greatest to least, no reasons need to be attached atm

This is a really good idea. You should do it too, you know. :wink:
itlepip- obvious; also, I disagree with his argument about ChaosOmega.
makara- useless posts that piggyback off of others.
RC- too difficult to read.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Nah on Makara. Not a good kill. Nothing points to scum, nothing to gain if he's town.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by ika »

i would prefer a veng eshot on kop perSONALLY
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 173, ika wrote:i would prefer a veng eshot on kop perSONALLY

I agree with this. Kop is playing to his scum meta and not his town meta.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”