ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by ICEninja »

3dice wrote:
It seems like you are being a bit hasty Ice. Why would garmr hint at who he would kill?

He wouldn't. He might, however, be more excited as scum than as town to think he has this information, and my wild "got nothing better so far" theory is that the tone of his first post was excited/amused, which might point to him having like 1% more likelihood of any other player at the moment of being scum. Ergo, vote.

firebringer wrote:
Is he actually reaction testing us or this some kind of ploy?

I just hate RVS and do whatever it takes to stimulate discussion ASAP. I was hoping to catch you overextending to make a case out of it, but I'm still happy with the read I gained. Better than page 1 usually turns out.

For the record I never do anything to look stupid.

Archmage wrote:
ICEninja is acting weird. I'm not sure I like "EASY RVS GUISE --> Oh I guess you're town let's vote for someone else I guess..."

There'd be nothing wrong with this as a page 1 case if a vote followed it. Without a vote, it feels like you're giving yourself clearance to hop on an ICEwagon should it form. Slightly scummy.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 21, ICEninja wrote:No, I read it correctly. I was hoping you'd unvote or attack me in another way in order to attempt to cement your vote but alas you're more likely town based on that response alone.

Unvote

Garmr seemed excited that he knew who would be confirmed town.
Maybe that excitement came from already having a solid N1 target?

Vote Garmr

Ice I was excited because I got actually play instead of not being able to which was looking like the case before. I don't like the bolded comment here it seems like your hunting for a power role this early. Town roles may target the innocent child as well and i think anyone would of thought of this. I feel like this is the wrong attitude to scum hunt for town so I draw the conclusion that your scum.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Garmr »

that was meant to be a vote

VOTE: ice ninja
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

In post 25, ICEninja wrote:

Archmage wrote:
ICEninja is acting weird. I'm not sure I like "EASY RVS GUISE --> Oh I guess you're town let's vote for someone else I guess..."

There'd be nothing wrong with this as a page 1 case if a vote followed it. Without a vote, it feels like you're giving yourself clearance to hop on an ICEwagon should it form. Slightly scummy.

Or, maybe I'm just pointing out that it's a bit weird for you to have such a strong opinion:

ICEninja wrote:Welp, that was an easy RVS.

Then go, "Aha, it was part of my plan all along," and changing your vote.

ICEninja wrote:No, I read it correctly. I was hoping you'd unvote or attack me in another way in order to attempt to cement your vote but alas you're more likely town based on that response alone.

Unvote

Garmr seemed excited that he knew who would be confirmed town. Maybe that excitement came from already having a solid N1 target?

Vote Garmr

I don't have to vote to say that. I'm not a fan of voting so early in the game, with so little to work on.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Syndesis »

In post 16, Firebringer wrote:ICeNinja voting the IC to look like Stupid Town.

I see through that plot.

VOTE: IceNinja

I think this is a misinterpretation of Ice's vote.

In post 17, ICEninja wrote:Welp, that was an easy RVS.

Firebringer calls me town and votes me in the same post.

Unvote, vote Firebringer

In the same vein, this is a misinterpretation of Fire's post. Or an accelerated exit from RVS, which I appreciate.

In post 20, Diego1487 wrote:Yea that's definitely a misrep of Fire's quote.
VOTE: iceninja

I dislike this.

In post 21, ICEninja wrote:Garmr seemed excited that he knew who would be confirmed town. Maybe that excitement came from already having a solid N1 target?

Vote Garmr

I disagree, but Garmr's first post is still possibly interesting.

There's so much interesting stuff in this thread that I will go back and look at once I'm on an actual computer.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Garmr »

monkey man can confirm i got the role pm and so can mario if he was looking at lobby chat before the game began when i was asking mods what to do. You can probably find it in the history of lobby chat if your quick.

This doesn't really confirm my alignment through either side so I'm curious why there's been a big reaction
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Garmr did get the ic role pm by mistake but I sent out role pm in signup order so him getting the pm by mistake has no bearing on his alignment.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Garmr »

i think ice ninja is also trying to hard to look town. Town don't have to try hard to look town unless your zekrom then you have to try hard to look town or get mislynched.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 28, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:

Archmage wrote:

Or, maybe I'm just pointing out that it's a bit weird for you to have such a strong opinion:

ICEninja wrote:No, I read it correctly. I was hoping you'd unvote or attack me in another way in order to attempt to cement your vote but alas you're more likely town based on that response alone.

Unvote

Garmr seemed excited that he knew who would be confirmed town. Maybe that excitement came from already having a solid N1 target?

Vote Garmr

I don't have to vote to say that. I'm not a fan of voting so early in the game, with so little to work on.

I mean, nobody has much to work on at this point. Why not put a vote out there?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Originally I wrote a quotewall. It is hopefully condensed now.

In post 4, Garmr wrote:Lol i knew syndnious was innocent child before the game started because the mod sent me his role pm :P.

This is
probably
just innocent (no pun intended) amusement. (It does read a little oddly, though I'm not sure why or if that means anything.)

The interaction between Ice and Fire (lol) seems a little awkward to me, and to be honest it feels slightly fake.

In post 20, Diego1487 wrote:Yea that's definitely a misrep of Fire's quote.
VOTE: iceninja

I seriously do not like this vote.

In post 21, ICEninja wrote:No, I read it correctly. I was hoping you'd unvote or attack me in another way in order to attempt to cement your vote but alas you're more likely town based on that response alone.

Unvote

Vote Garmr

That shift though. It fits a narrative of poorly executed RVS bussing but it also fits a narrative of...something else, I guess? Baiting overly aggressive scum? The logic on Garmr is kind of a stretch and I wish Ice would have continued the push on Fire, which was moderately better.

I swear, it's like everyone I look at is scum. ;-;

UNVOTE: Garmr
VOTE: Diego
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:23 pm

In post 33, 3dicerolling wrote:

Archmage wrote:

Unvote

Vote Garmr

I'd rather ask "why" than "why not." I err (probably excessively) to the side of caution on lynches. At this point, I've kind of just integrated "excessive day one caution" into my playstyle.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Syndesis it's a perfectly fine thing that everyone looks like scum right now. Honestly it's way worse when everyone is looking super town or hasn't yet posted content.

It is par for the course for me to have a number of votes on me this early due to my tendency to make excessively aggressive moves early on.

My wagon seems to be a good place to potentially look for scum as (at a quick recall, I'm on mobile atm and would be a pain to confirm) my wagon has the most activity so far.

I already feel like fire's initial reaction is more town than scum, though I think twice I've seen someone dislike the second vote on me without explaining why. Could one of you expand on what specifically bugged you?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 36, ICEninja wrote:Syndesis it's a perfectly fine thing that everyone looks like scum right now. Honestly it's way worse when everyone is looking super town or hasn't yet posted content.

It is par for the course for me to have a number of votes on me this early due to my tendency to make excessively aggressive moves early on.

My wagon seems to be a good place to potentially look for scum as (at a quick recall, I'm on mobile atm and would be a pain to confirm) my wagon has the most activity so far.

I already feel like fire's initial reaction is more town than scum, though I think twice I've seen someone dislike the second vote on me without explaining why. Could one of you expand on what specifically bugged you?

Can i ask a question why go for the I'm shit and so bad that I'm a easy mislynch so everyone voting me is scum approach instead of actual competent hunting. I know you're a oldie and might be a little rusty but why go for this approach?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 36, ICEninja wrote:Syndesis it's a perfectly fine thing that everyone looks like scum right now. Honestly it's way worse when everyone is looking super town or hasn't yet posted content.

I think they think it was because it seemed opportunistic?

Anyways, I don't know what to think of you, I guess you want to move us out of RVS?
Could be town, unsure.

UNVOTE: Iceninja
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 11, ICEninja wrote:***

1) Is anyone in a non-American time zone, or for other reasons posts in odd hours?
2) Is anyone here brand new or otherwise unfamiliar with how the game is played here at mafiascum.net?
3) What kind of level of activity should we expect from you?

k
1 yes, I'm gmt +1
2 not me
3 not a lot currently, sadly a good friend of mine passed away couple days ago so I need a little time to process, I hope to pick up by the end of the week. I'll be v/la wednesday and likely thursday because of the cremation. Don't treat me any different because of this, I can still play, I would replace out if I couldn't.

I like how RVS is over so soon, getting down to business.
garmr: why did you out the IC?
Firebringer being serious is pinging me a little because I'm used to him joking around a lot. Even when RVS is over.
Diego's vote on ICE feels off.
In response to Archmage's : ICE was pretty clear in why he thought Firebringer was town and I feel you're making it look worse than it really was.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

*slinks back into casual firebringer*

Me: Wow, was like I passed out for a few minutes.
How you all doing, we having a Jurassic time! Wait...thats not a joke.

LOOK AT THE MONKEY!!! *points at monkeyman*
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 39, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 11, ICEninja wrote:***

1) Is anyone in a non-American time zone, or for other reasons posts in odd hours?
2) Is anyone here brand new or otherwise unfamiliar with how the game is played here at mafiascum.net?
3) What kind of level of activity should we expect from you?

k
1 yes, I'm gmt +1
2 not me
3 not a lot currently, sadly a good friend of mine passed away couple days ago so I need a little time to process, I hope to pick up by the end of the week. I'll be v/la wednesday and likely thursday because of the cremation. Don't treat me any different because of this, I can still play, I would replace out if I couldn't.

I like how RVS is over so soon, getting down to business.
garmr: why did you out the IC?
Firebringer being serious is pinging me a little because I'm used to him joking around a lot. Even when RVS is over.
Diego's vote on ICE feels off.
In response to Archmage's : ICE was pretty clear in why he thought Firebringer was town and I feel you're making it look worse than it really was.

Ic is declared at the start of the game everyone already knew otherwise I wouldn't be able to play. So wanderer if I copped you this time would I end up with the same scum result like I did last time :P.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:16 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I checked for that and didn't see anything. *sigh* I can't read. Was that there the whole time or editted in later? Because I don't remember reading it when I read the modposts..
And lol, didn't expect you to remember that. But you weren't a cop and I wasn't scum so your question is moot.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:18 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Ice is town and will not be the lynch today.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Garmr »

there the whole time.

That's is the joke I fake copped you last time :P. You know I was actually going to change it to bluetoffee for a little bit but oh well doesn't matter we still won.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:36 am

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: The Archmage Ludicrous for recapping instead of analysis
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:10 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 35, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:
In post 33, 3dicerolling wrote:

Archmage wrote:

Unvote

Vote Garmr

I'd rather ask "why" than "why not." I err (probably excessively) to the side of caution on lynches. At this point, I've kind of just integrated "excessive day one caution" into my playstyle.

One of the things I do remember from my town experience is that it's important to put down votes early because VCA are very useful later games. Even if the votes are just for pressure or something.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:14 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 38, Firebringer wrote:

I think they think it was because it seemed opportunistic?

Anyways, I don't know what to think of you, I guess you want to move us out of RVS?
Could be town, unsure.

UNVOTE: Iceninja

UNVOTE: MarioManiac4

VOTE: Firebringer

This smells fishy. I'm not sure I like the precedence of the unvote.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:17 am

In post 46, 3dicerolling wrote:

One of the things I do remember from my town experience is that it's important to put down votes early because VCA are very useful later games. Even if the votes are just for pressure or something.

I didn't find VCA on the acronyms page of the wiki, could you clarify?

Why is it "from your town experience," specifically? Does your scum experience say something different?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:39 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 48, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:
In post 46, 3dicerolling wrote:

I didn't find VCA on the acronyms page of the wiki, could you clarify?

Why is it "from your town experience," specifically? Does your scum experience say something different?

VCA is Vote Count Analysis. It's when you get a bit into the game and you back and plug in who flipped what and see who was on what wagon.

Because as town I like to have people place there votes, so later I can come back and analyze it. If scum don't vote early you can't really pin them on any wagon, hence me encouraging you to vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”