Micro 543: Kingmaker - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by The_Jester »

You can fool yourself
I promise it will help
Now every single day
I wanna hear you say

I'm so Lucky Lucky
I'm so lonely lonely
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 am

Post by Firebringer »

Sorry to hear that Jester.

How long you going to give Lucky?
I was thinking lucky was town by wanting time to give reads list but now it feels like a delaying tactic.
Atlhough tbh I don't think I ever seen scum try a delaying tactic like this either.

So probably still town?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Vedith »

I'm pretty sure he said in one of the sign up threads that he was unavailable during the weekend.
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:07 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 340, ZZZX wrote:
In post 250, Wanderer-nl wrote:I'm kind of having a slight townlean on Vedith because the carelessness I feel that comes from his posts, but I need to see him do actual scumhunting to have a definite read. No execution here, yet.

Wanderer. Explain this.

I suggested Davsto make a pool of 2-3 players and we all give him our thoughts on that small pool of players whether we want them executed or not and why. What I'm saying basically is that I have an early townlean on Vedith of which I'm not entirely sure and I'd sooner want Lucky executed over Vedith.
To elaborate more: Vedith's play reminds me of 2 other games he was in with me and both times he was town. I don't know his scumgame, so I'm not going to give him a townread based on this.

Lucky said to give him te weekend for his reads, nowhere does he say he's not available or it will happen just after the weekend, so I dunno.. Davsto how long are you willing to wait for Lucky's reads?
Sidenote: I once was in a game where someone was very reluctant to give reads and when they finally did he was uberlazy about it, and he was town..
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm gonna give lucky (expired on 2015-10-26 19:10:00) to give reads before he is executed.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Davsto »

That's a countdown, by the way :P
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:12 am

Post by lane0168 »

Jesus. Too fucking soon but whatever. He earned it with his reaction. Davsto, give him till tonight. Monday morning deadline is bogus
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Davsto »

Oh shit, I forgot timezones >.<

See, for me it's Monday afternoon right now, and that deadline is 7PM, so bleh. What timezone is Lucky in so that I can be more reasonable?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:24 am

Post by lane0168 »

I don't like that everyone is just cool with stuck a quick execution when davsto is the only one who gets blood on his hands.

Wanderer seems to be the scummiest, just egging it on cause lucky didn't specify when the reads last would be, but also throwing in he could be town. Non committed to the execution, but definitely not against it.

Vedith is pointing out lucky said he was unavailable the weekend.

Fire is saying probably still town.

And I hate the king giving a few people out for us to decide on for him.

A. It washes the hands of the king. He just puts names out there and can decide on whatever the rest want and be like, hey man, I was just going along with what yall said.

B. It makes it so we don't even have to look anywhere else. Where trying to find scum, and if all they have to do is look at a few people and basically just agree with who the king already thinks is potential scummy, it's easy as hell. We're deciding who scum should scum hunt, all they have to do is come up with something decent and not claim scum
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:50 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 287, The_Jester wrote:Does anybody know if the King can technically execute himself ?

In post 289, Davsto wrote:I believe that falls under "not playing to your win condition".

In post 291, The_Jester wrote:But what if the town decides it's for the best? King's aligned with the town, no?

If you thought king was aligned with town, in what scenario would it be best for town for a town to execute themselves? Is this some sort of scum slip or what?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:12 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 358, lane0168 wrote:I don't like that everyone is just cool with stuck a quick execution when davsto is the only one who gets blood on his hands.

Wanderer seems to be the scummiest, just egging it on cause lucky didn't specify when the reads last would be, but also throwing in he could be town. Non committed to the execution, but definitely not against it.

Vedith is pointing out lucky said he was unavailable the weekend.

Fire is saying probably still town.

And I hate the king giving a few people out for us to decide on for him.

A. It washes the hands of the king. He just puts names out there and can decide on whatever the rest want and be like, hey man, I was just going along with what yall said.

B. It makes it so we don't even have to look anywhere else. Where trying to find scum, and if all they have to do is look at a few people and basically just agree with who the king already thinks is potential scummy, it's easy as hell. We're deciding who scum should scum hunt, all they have to do is come up with something decent and not claim scum

No.
I suggested that Davsto give a small pool, that way everybody has to talk about that little pool, and if there's scum in the pool we force scum to talk about their buddies and why they should or shouldn't be executed. It worked in popcorn mafia (lynchless nightless, except the gunbearer was conftown)
Davsto should be pushing everyone to give their opinion on the pool he made of Vedith and Lucky. Then he can make a new pool. Several pools a day, get reads, execute scum.
The king is not supposed to always give his top-scumreads. It's just to make everyone comment because votes are not a thing this game and we need some sort of system to get people give their opinions.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Nice catch.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 360, Wanderer-nl wrote:and if there's scum in the pool we force scum to talk about their buddies and why they should or shouldn't be executed

But how would we know that scum are in it before the flip?
Do you think that they will go "Hi, I guess since I'm in the pool I should be honest with you all..."?
I claim scum \o/
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

That's the goddamn reason for the fucking idea. We don't know king pooled scum, but their buddies sure do and scum would rather have town executed over scum, no? Once there are enough pools to compare, it's going to be easy to pick out scum. We probably won't find out today but if everyone comments on the pools we might have something Day 2.
That's also why the king shouldn't only pool scumreads.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Vedith »

I don't like the idea... Sorry.
I think everyone puts their reads across, Dav makes the choice... We then go into day 2 with Dav's kill and everyone's reads.
I claim scum \o/
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:47 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 364, Vedith wrote:I don't like the idea... Sorry.
I think everyone puts their reads across, Dav makes the choice... We then go into day 2 with Dav's kill and everyone's reads.

This implies you dont want lucky lynched now?
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

It makes me think he is scum and against it because he's afraid this pool-thing is actually going to work for us and maybe Vedith should be executed today.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Vedith »

Well no, I don't want him lynched yet. I don't want anyone lynched yet.
Do I have him as scum? Nope.

However, that's not the point of my comment.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 366, Wanderer-nl wrote:It makes me think he is scum and against it because he's afraid this pool-thing is actually going to work for us and maybe Vedith should be executed today.

No, you think of me as scum because I didn't say I liked your plan...

And keep in mind, before I decided to go against you, it seems that enough people think I am town (still not sure why) to not be worried about being in the pool. XD

10 out of fucking 10.
I claim scum \o/
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Donempire »

Wanderer seems a little bit scummy for townreading vedith for carelesness.

Townreading someone because they are acting anti town is anti town.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Vedith »

Yup, buddying at it's finest...
Call me town, get me on side... Doesn't work like that Wanderer - *waggles finger*

Then when I don't agree with her I'm scum - *Waggles finger again*
I claim scum \o/
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Lucky2u »

thanks for the deadline davsto.

I was indeed stalling on purpose. I can't do much for town once I am dead so I was hoping some good discussion would happen and lead to scum outting themselves as this period between intent and hammer is very awkward for scum to navigate. At the very least I have been following along and I think you guys have some very solid leads for tomorrow. Even after Davsto partially spoiled my plan with his post after my asking for time, wanderer has come across the scummiest with his eagerness to not give me any slack on a vague request for time. Firebringer I think comes across the most town for being slightly suspicious and still open minded at my towniness. Thanks fire for the confidence! I'd give lane 2nd place trophy on that for similar reasons. Everyone else I will leave up to you guys to decide tomorrow. Davsto doesn't get a pass for this. I had him at town for this at first but I'm starting to think that his nervousness might be actual scum nervousness at hammering town.

Unless there are any further questions.... a quick clean swipe would be appreciated executioner.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 368, Vedith wrote:
In post 366, Wanderer-nl wrote:It makes me think he is scum and against it because he's afraid this pool-thing is actually going to work for us and maybe Vedith should be executed today.

No, you think of me as scum because I didn't say I liked your plan...

And keep in mind, before I decided to go against you, it seems that enough people think I am town (still not sure why) to not be worried about being in the pool. XD

10 out of fucking 10.

I'm not saying you are worried to be in the pool. I said you are worried because we're going to pressure you and your hypothetical buddies into talking about each other.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 369, Donempire wrote:Wanderer seems a little bit scummy for townreading vedith for carelesness.

Townreading someone because they are acting anti town is anti town.

Townleaning*
And I didn't mean anti-town when I said carelessness, I meant that it looked like he didn't care how he came accross and that's what the townlean was for. The way he's presenting himself now makes me reconsider that lean.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Davsto »

Davsto, crowned king, walks up to the podium, axe in hand. Normally he'd have the executioner do it, but he had been executed in conditions of extreme irony.

Lucky2u was lying on the podium, neck bare and balanced in a smooth curve. He was resting there, eyes closed. The town had called for him, and Davsto couldn't possibly disobey that, could he? Davsto lifted the axe. It was heavy in his hands. Not because of the metal - Davsto had carried around iron since he was young and worked in the blacksmiths as an apprentice. But it was emotionally heavy. He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to be elected king. And now he was going to have to take someone's life.

Davsto raised the axe above his head.

And stopped.

This didn't feel right. A lot of these things just... didn't add up. Was he really an assassin, or had the voices of the others just made him believe it was true?

Behind him he heard laughing. The city's jester laughed a lot, being a jester and all. But the laughter seemed... wrong. It didn't seem like happy, jovial laughter. It was a laughter that seemed to be taunting him, one that seemed to be mocking him for what he was going to do.

Davsto turned around, and in just a few seconds, blood was pouring down the jester's costume, like a waterfall.

EXECUTE: The_Jester

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”