Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

Like your new avatar scorpious.
Looks ba
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 am

Post by ICEninja »

Garmr wrote:
So ice can you explain why I'm your number 1 scum read even through you haven't really pushed me that much and
this post comes off as you town reading me

Incorrect. I stated that your vote helps people read your alignment, which is something that town WANTS people to do. I also called your vote bad. I don't have a case on you, per se, but you're reading a double personality here. Half of your posts are care free and include the tongue-out emoticon, and half of them seem nervous and unsettled. All of those posts regard me and my vote/read on you. It's giving me a gut read that you're faking stuff, and has resulted in my vote no longer being a tool with which to end the RVS, but instead an honest "I think you're more likely to be scum than anyone else based on the available information" vote.

----------

Alright as for Diego's first piece of actual content, let's tear it to pieces piece by piece.
Diego wrote:
Firebringer did not call you town. He said your trying to look like town, completely different.

Yup. And I tried to catch him backpedaling his statement which would have indicated scum. He did not, which slightly indicates not scum (though he definitely seems too competent to fall for that, and too abrasive to care what anyone thinks to back down either so I doubt my move would have worked regardless if he's scum or not). You're certainly focusing quite hard on what I did on page 1, care to comment on things that have developed since then?
Diego wrote:
Again, this is not scumhunting, this is throwing WIFOM into an argument to make someone else look bad.

I pointed out something that VERY SLIGHTLY indicated someone having a higher chance of being scum than town. How is that WIFOM? It's the opposite of WIFOM. I'm pretty confident you have absolutely no idea what WIFOM is, even moreso than the 60%+ of the time that the term is used incorrectly.

Based on what information I had, it was the best vote I could make. I've since applied a (admittingly somewhat weak and mostly gut based, but good enough for me early D1) scum read on him. Explain again how that isn't scum hunting, please.
Diego wrote:
This is LAMIST if I've ever seen it. Aggression is not alignment indicative.

When did I ever say that had anything to do with alignment? I have 2-5 votes on me the first few pages of virtually every game I'm in, scum or town. It was simply an honest statement.
Diego wrote:
I'm voting you because of the intent behind your aggression, which is to throw shit at the wall a see what sticks. That is scum indicative.

Ohhhhhh so scum hunting is scummy now, got it. I guess I'd better wait for sure fire logical facts that point to someone being scum before trying to find any, huh?

Honestly what I did early wasn't even town indicative, it was ICEninja indicative. I make early moves to get out of the RVS nearly always, because I find that stage of the game pointless.

----------

Alright so there's a ton of meta reads floating around right now. I'm 100% fine with people having them, as some people are quite good at finding alignment based on meta. I, personally, will not regard "this player is playing like how he plays town" or vice versa as alignment indicative unless there are specific examples, and usually only noticeable trends in somebody's scum game. So forgive me if I ignore any comments about, for example, Fire being town because this is how Fire acts as town. I'm not taking your word for it.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:33 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 26, Garmr wrote:
In post 21, ICEninja wrote:No, I read it correctly. I was hoping you'd unvote or attack me in another way in order to attempt to cement your vote but alas you're more likely town based on that response alone.

Unvote

Garmr seemed excited that he knew who would be confirmed town.
Maybe that excitement came from already having a solid N1 target?

Vote Garmr

Ice I was excited because I got actually play instead of not being able to which was looking like the case before. I don't like the bolded comment here it seems like your hunting for a power role this early. Town roles may target the innocent child as well and i think anyone would of thought of this. I feel like this is the wrong attitude to scum hunt for town so I draw the conclusion that your scum.

Looking back, this really makes no sense at all. If Ice was grasping at straws I the beginning, this is really grasping for something. I also feel like garmr is playing rather defensive.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Garmr »

@ice PFF nervous and unsettled I never been lynched day 1so I'm not nervous that comment kinda pissed me off and to me it comes off as you not having areal scum read on me
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Garmr »

3dice no just no it's a start of something in RVs but even then it's better than all your points. You couldn't even tell me why its wrong
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:11 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 129, Garmr wrote:3dice no just no it's a start of something in RVs but even then it's better than all your points. You couldn't even tell me why its wrong

I just told you why it's wrong. It makes no sense. It had no correlation with what Ice was implying.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 130, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 129, Garmr wrote:3dice no just no it's a start of something in RVs but even then it's better than all your points. You couldn't even tell me why its wrong

I just told you why it's wrong. It makes no sense. It had no correlation with what Ice was implying.

It does make sense if you look at it. Ice post showed he was saying i was excited about finding a valuable target this is wrong on so many levels. One innocent child would get all the town protections roles/watcher roles it's to risky to shoot for night 1.

Two he didn't say scum he just said I was happy to have a target This means he thinks I can actually do something in the night phase thus he is role hunting this early by looking for people with excited reactions to a innocent child.

Three you never said why it was wrong with what ice said other than it didn't make sense this is not a suitable answer on this site you have to explain everything.

four What startles me is how ices points are really way out there and bad yet you ignore that and try to push me for having a out there vote silent chainsaw for him (chainsawing with out voting)

five I would of probably taken my vote off him if he could provide one reason that i think was legit (even through wrong) or just admitted that his vote was there until he could find someone with a better reason. Instead he tried to justify a vote with a stretch in personality saying I was nervous with out pointing out where and why I would be.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

Garmr is probably town.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Garmr »

hey firebringer want to be pretend masons I miss being your mason buddy :( .
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 133, Garmr wrote:hey firebringer want to be pretend masons I miss being your mason buddy :( .

Sure, but the mod messed up and didn't give us a PT.
What the hell is this?
Show

Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Syndesis »

Watching Fire and Ice interact makes me cringe.

In post 102, MarioManiac4 wrote:@Syndesis; Diego's vote did seem awkward; I'm trying a more relaxed playstyle in this game, so will leave my vote unti there's more evidence than a vibe.

You'd rather stay on your RVS vote than move to an iffy-looking personage? ...okay.

@Diego: yeah, no. I don't really
Ice right now but no. It would certainly help if you produced some content not related to Ice, for one.

I think people might be misreading some of Ice's actions but some of the stuff he's done is sort of pinging me. I still persist in the deathtunnel on Diego, however.

The number of people who have posted rather too little content for my liking is disconcertingly high. Looking mostly at Davsto and maybe Archmage (yes I know you've posted but you've made little in the way of commentary). Wanderer seems townish.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 134, Firebringer wrote:
In post 133, Garmr wrote:hey firebringer want to be pretend masons I miss being your mason buddy :( .

Sure, but the mod messed up and didn't give us a PT.
What the hell is this?

Let's pretend this thread is our pt.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:17 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 131, Garmr wrote:
In post 130, 3dicerolling wrote:

It does make sense if you look at it. Ice post showed he was saying i was excited about finding a valuable target this is wrong on so many levels. One innocent child would get all the town protections roles/watcher roles it's to risky to shoot for night 1.

If you look at the context of the post, he unvotes, then votes you. If he was implying a pr rather than mafia kill, then why would he proceed to vote you?

Two he didn't say scum he just said I was happy to have a target This means he thinks I can actually do something in the night phase thus he is role hunting this early by looking for people with excited reactions to a innocent child.

No not at all. Like I said, he voted you, so he was suggesting you were scum looking at a night target.

Three you never said why it was wrong with what ice said other than it didn't make sense this is not a suitable answer on this site you have to explain everything.

I don't really care what you think is a suitable answer. If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense (which it doesn't).

four What startles me is how ices points are really way out there and bad yet you ignore that and try to push me for having a out there vote silent chainsaw for him (chainsawing with out voting)

What startles me is how I stated that Ice was grasping at straws (because it was early game) and you decide to put all these words in my mouth that I never said.

five I would of probably taken my vote off him if he could provide one reason that i think was legit (even through wrong) or just admitted that his vote was there until he could find someone with a better reason. Instead he tried to justify a vote with a stretch in personality saying I was nervous with out pointing out where and why I would be.

I didn't really ask this, so I'm not sure why you are suddenly bringing this up.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Garmr »

Because I thought it was good opportunity to bring up what's on my mind.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Garmr »

Dude your taking everything ice at face value with out looking at intentions that's not a good way to scum hunt also no vote on me yet your pushing me whers the pressure
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:45 am

Post by ICEninja »

OK 3DICE
. I'm going to ask you one last time.
CLIP. YOUR. QUOTES. In post 127 you did NOT have to include all of that in the quotes. You make the pages unnecessarily long and harder to follow. Stop. What you did in 137 is fine but please notate somewhere either directly before or after that bolded font is your response.

And Garmr, I AM voting you until I have something more solid elsewhere (or not if I find further evidence against you). I already said my vote is a mild gut read and it's still early game.

That being said, I still feel like you are more likely to be scum than anyone else in this game right now, based on the information I currently have. Others disagree and that's fine, but no one as of yet has presented a case compelling enough for me to be convinced.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:50 am

Post by ICEninja »

Looking at Garmr in isolation, there is only 1 piece of actual contribution of content in his 18 posts that isn't directly about me or my vote on him, and that one piece was a meta town read on Fire.

I'm not sure if this is alignment indicative, but it does genuinely make me feel like Garmr is very heavily focused on my vote on him and that essentially everything else he posts is fluff. I feel like Garmr is too competent of a player to have the whole "someone is voting me ERGO MUST BE SCUM!" mentality.

So Garmr, let's pretend you daycop me right here right now and find me town. Who do you vote instead, and why?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Have apparently reached point where everyone melts into one person. Somewhat annoyed.

In post 140, ICEninja wrote:[@Garmr]
That being said, I still feel like you are more likely to be scum than anyone else in this game right now, based on the information I currently have. Others disagree and that's fine, but no one as of yet has presented a case compelling enough for me to be convinced.

How do you feel about Diego? In terms of alignment.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Garmr »

Go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon there's more than one point on you and other posts are NY town read on D's and trying to convince others to vote you but I'll answer that shortly if you were town
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Syndesis »

okay wow that escalated fast

@Garmr: more punctuation, please?

In post 143, Garmr wrote:and other posts are NY town read on D's and trying to convince others to vote you but I'll answer that shortly if you were town

I mean, I can kind of make out what you're saying here? But please clarify?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Garmr »

His accusing me of having one post of content and doing nothing which is flat out wrong and I'm offended
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

Okay, just going through both my games and trying to create some actual content. Here's what I've seen in this game so far:

3dice:
Quotes things a lot. I don't see anything really suspicious in his behavior. I looked back through his post history in a random game, and he wasn't quoting nearly so often as he was in this game, but I don't know if that necessarily means anything. Soft town leaning?

All Alone:
No content posted except for a vote for Garmr and a vote for me. Not enough for any leaning.

Davsto:
Modding the other game that I'm playing in. My innate sense of sickening nepotism tells me that I should be kind to him to avoid being modkilled, but I'll ignore that for now. Davsto so far has contributed thirteen posts, but hasn't really said much in any of them. In order his posts are: RVS, quality of life question answer, four posts related to "Quoted For Truth," two posts about how he'll figure out analysis later, a quality of life modrequest, two miscellaneous quotes, and then answering a quality of life question of mine.

About one in thirteen of his posts contains anything usable, but he's staying active by doing so. Still is probably better than where I am, but I still put a slight scum lean on Davsto.

Diego:
Only three posts, most of which seems to be pretty narrow-minded criticism of ICEninja. Not enough data for a leaning.

Firebringer:
Short posts. Votes ICEninja, then unvotes ICEninja. Lots of casual conversation. I'm not clever enough to have a read here.

Garmr:
Acting really close to Firebringer. I'm unsure if this is past history between them or something else—I considered the possibility that Garmr was scum trying to buddy up to Firebringer, so that Firebringer might go down if Garmr did, but I discarded that idea pretty quickly. It would be way too blatant a scheme, and wouldn't accomplish much of anything. I think that this is a misrep of ICE's position: since it is accompanied by an ICE vote, the implication is that ICE considers Garmr scum, and it's perfectly ordinary to ponder the potential night-action of scum. I think. No strong leaning.

ICEninja:
Startled me at first with the triple vote change in first three posts, but I've seen similarly eclectic voting styles with people I've played with in real life. Super misrep of Firebringer on post #17. I missed a question of his, post #87 "@Archmage: what do you plan to do to start gaining reads of people? You seem to be trying VERY hard to not have any right now."

Response: I really don't have a plan walking into this. I'm a slow person, thick-headed and meaningless. I don't like condemning people without feeling like I have a reason.

Spoiler: This post makes me fairly confident that Diego and ICEninja can't be scumbuddies.
In post 126, ICEninja wrote:
Garmr wrote:
So ice can you explain why I'm your number 1 scum read even through you haven't really pushed me that much and
this post comes off as you town reading me

Incorrect. I stated that your vote helps people read your alignment, which is something that town WANTS people to do. I also called your vote bad. I don't have a case on you, per se, but you're reading a double personality here. Half of your posts are care free and include the tongue-out emoticon, and half of them seem nervous and unsettled. All of those posts regard me and my vote/read on you. It's giving me a gut read that you're faking stuff, and has resulted in my vote no longer being a tool with which to end the RVS, but instead an honest "I think you're more likely to be scum than anyone else based on the available information" vote.

----------

Alright as for Diego's first piece of actual content, let's tear it to pieces piece by piece.
Diego wrote:
Firebringer did not call you town. He said your trying to look like town, completely different.

Yup. And I tried to catch him backpedaling his statement which would have indicated scum. He did not, which slightly indicates not scum (though he definitely seems too competent to fall for that, and too abrasive to care what anyone thinks to back down either so I doubt my move would have worked regardless if he's scum or not). You're certainly focusing quite hard on what I did on page 1, care to comment on things that have developed since then?
Diego wrote:
Again, this is not scumhunting, this is throwing WIFOM into an argument to make someone else look bad.

I pointed out something that VERY SLIGHTLY indicated someone having a higher chance of being scum than town. How is that WIFOM? It's the opposite of WIFOM. I'm pretty confident you have absolutely no idea what WIFOM is, even moreso than the 60%+ of the time that the term is used incorrectly.

Based on what information I had, it was the best vote I could make. I've since applied a (admittingly somewhat weak and mostly gut based, but good enough for me early D1) scum read on him. Explain again how that isn't scum hunting, please.
Diego wrote:
This is LAMIST if I've ever seen it. Aggression is not alignment indicative.

When did I ever say that had anything to do with alignment? I have 2-5 votes on me the first few pages of virtually every game I'm in, scum or town. It was simply an honest statement.
Diego wrote:
I'm voting you because of the intent behind your aggression, which is to throw shit at the wall a see what sticks. That is scum indicative.

Ohhhhhh so scum hunting is scummy now, got it. I guess I'd better wait for sure fire logical facts that point to someone being scum before trying to find any, huh?

Honestly what I did early wasn't even town indicative, it was ICEninja indicative. I make early moves to get out of the RVS nearly always, because I find that stage of the game pointless.

----------

Alright so there's a ton of meta reads floating around right now. I'm 100% fine with people having them, as some people are quite good at finding alignment based on meta. I, personally, will not regard "this player is playing like how he plays town" or vice versa as alignment indicative unless there are specific examples, and usually only noticeable trends in somebody's scum game. So forgive me if I ignore any comments about, for example, Fire being town because this is how Fire acts as town. I'm not taking your word for it.

I'm incredibly uncertain of ICE. Very aggressive scumhunting on his part makes me lean towards his being more town than scum.

MM4:
Not as active here as in the other game, but I don't know what that means. He was under the spotlight in the other game, so there's that. Meta-vote for Diego, which I can't vouch for the accuracy or inaccuracy of.

pistachion:
Basically nothing, three posts. Not enough for any leaning.

Scorpius:
Is reading. No content available, no leaning.

Syndesis:
Seems to be tunnelling Diego a bit. I'd have to throw a light town-reading, nothing really suspicious that I saw.

I'm pretty sure that's everyone. Sorry for the lack of contribution for so long.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 139, Garmr wrote:Dude your taking everything ice at face value with out looking at intentions that's not a good way to scum hunt also no vote on me yet your pushing me whers the pressure

No, I'm looking at the true intentions of his post and not hard tunneling him, and I'm quite fine with where my vote is now.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

archmage you know syn is innocent child
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 140, ICEninja wrote:
OK 3DICE
. I'm going to ask you one last time.
CLIP. YOUR. QUOTES. In post 127 you did NOT have to include all of that in the quotes. You make the pages unnecessarily long and harder to follow. Stop. What you did in 137 is fine but please notate somewhere either directly before or after that bolded font is your response.

The only thing I wanted clipped out of 127 was the "oops" thing. Sometimes when I try to clip quotes I screw up, so I usually tend to not, but I can start for this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”