Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 am

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

Spoiler:
In post 148, Garmr wrote:archmage you know syn is innocent child

In post 151, Syndesis wrote:
In post 146, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:
Syndesis:
Seems to be tunnelling Diego a bit. I'd have to throw a light town-reading, nothing really suspicious that I saw.

lol hahah-

In post 148, Garmr wrote:archmage you know syn is innocent child

dammit you beat me-

In post 150, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 146, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:
Syndesis:
Seems to be tunnelling Diego a bit. I'd have to throw a light town-reading, nothing really suspicious that I saw.

Townslip or nah?

>:|

You bring up a good point. I doubt mafia would
truly
be unaware of my conftownness (having, presumably, pregame chat?) but this is an easy to fake "slip", so I'd so no.

Oh. Right. Sorry. Knowing that there's an Innocent Child in the game, I probably ought to have checked who that was. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world.

Spoiler:
In post 153, All Alone wrote:Archmage's last post was a gigantic wall of IIoA, and I really have a hard time believing a townie would think that was useful.
Pistachi0n is also likely scum. She's very noticeably more reactive as scum and more proactive as town, and I've seen no proactive out of her.

In post 174, All Alone wrote:
In post 154, Syndesis wrote:Hi AA :D Nice to play with you again!

I do agree that it is mostly IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis), but do you think that IIoA is a scumtell in this instance?

In this instance yes. I doubt a townie would feel the need to say things like "3dice posts quotes a lot" or "Davsto is modding the game I'm in" or "pistachi0n has three posts" in a reads list, when those things don't contribute to a read. It comes off like he's trying to say things that he thinks will appear helpful, rather than things that actually helped him.

I was trying to be humorous with the Davsto thing. I was just under the impression that people wanted to know what my reads were, so I listed all the information and put down what few ideas I had.

Uck. I cause more problems than good in real life, why should it be any different anywhere else?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 175, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:Uck. I cause more problems than good in real life, why should it be any different anywhere else?

:neutral:
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 175, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:Uck. I cause more problems than good in real life, why should it be any different anywhere else?

Hey now don't be like that. I already got the monopoly on depression overhere. (also *hugs*)

I'm getting the same feeling about your readslist as some of the others. It looks like a lot but in the end it isn't really going anywhere.

In post 146, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:I missed a question of [ICE], post #87 "@Archmage: what do you plan to do to start gaining reads of people? You seem to be trying VERY hard to not have any right now."

Response: I really don't have a plan walking into this. I'm a slow person, thick-headed and meaningless. I don't like condemning people without feeling like I have a reason.

That's really easy to say if you don't want to make your reads more definite. You have some ideas in your readslist at least, if you're town what can you do to make your thoughts/ideas stronger? Right now it feels like you're trying to avoid confrontation. Is that something you do as either alignment?

TIP: Select the text you want to quote, then hit the 'quote' button, and the replybox will only hold the text you selected. Even easier than having to snip. You can ctrl-c and ctrl-v to get all the quotes in one post eventually. And use preview to make sure it's all nice and decent.
ICE: can we now stop worrying about the quotings?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

Hey Wanderer what you thinking of everyone so far?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 102, MarioManiac4 wrote:I'm trying a more relaxed playstyle in this game, so will leave my vote unti there's more evidence than a vibe.

is being more relaxed something you have to try harder at for any specific reason? Why wouldn't you be relaxed if you had nothing to hide?

In post 107, MarioManiac4 wrote:I read Mafiascum quite a bit. Less stressful than playing.

Again. I know this was asked by Fire,but how is playing the game stressful. I have a few ideas in mind but I'd like you to elaborate please..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

@Archmage,

Do you always use post counts to help formulate reads?

I have to say looks really forced. You don't really say a lot. Am I scummy based on my slow start here?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 178, Firebringer wrote:Hey Wanderer what you thinking of everyone so far?

I'm glad nobody is hyper-active, that's for sure. Though some people would look better if they picked up on theirs, yours truly included.
Not a lot has changed since my and I'm not ready yet to go over the entire playerlist for reads. Still liking you for town, ICE is doing ok as well, and so far I like where All Alone is going and I know their style is to only post when they have something to say, which I like, but I would like for them to post more as well.
Obvously I'm scumreading Archmage right now, and Diego isn't looking all too fresh either. Everybody else is either null or slipped my mind.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:40 am

Post by ICEninja »

Garmr, I have some homework for you. Go back and re-read my original point against you in 141. Notice that I say you have exactly one post of content that doesn't involve me or my vote on you, and I state which one it is. You then get really upset, and I then clarify my point. You respond in 169.

I'm glad that we both are now in complete agreement in my case against you.
Garmr wrote:
also fluff posts not a site wide scum tell anymore ice because of people like me fluff posting all the time as town it's now a individual scum tell than a general one.

Fluff posts by themselves are not scummy. That being said, fluff posts while avoiding posting actual content IS scummy.

I'm glad you've finally realized how little you've mentioned anything else. Since my original point on you, the content you've posted that doesn't involve me includes exactly 3 things: 1) Your old weak meta town read on Fire, 2) Your meta null-read of pistachi0n (it's debatable if this is content), and 3) Pointing out once again the IC (also not precisely content but I'm giving it to you).

Tunneling is not inherently scummy but ho boy have you done a great job ignoring the rest of the game.

--------

Wanderer wrote:
ICE: can we now stop worrying about the quotings?

So long as they stop being an issue, absolutely.

Mario wrote:
Diego is my primary, and only, scumread.

While I like the scum read, I dislike how little you've posted, how you say you'll catch up, then you drop 1 strong scum read and 2 weak scum reads with essentially meta as your entire case.

Convince me to vote for your scum read.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 119, Diego1487 wrote:I'm voting you because of the intent behind your aggression, which is to throw shit at the wall a see what sticks. That is scum indicative.

I don't necessarily disagree with this line of thinking.

Diego looks like an easy mislynch target for scum at this point in the game..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 141, ICEninja wrote:Looking at Garmr in isolation, there is only 1 piece of actual contribution of content in his 18 posts that isn't directly about me or my vote on him, and that one piece was a meta town read on Fire.

I read it..

In fairness to Garmr. Who have you reference other than him and 3Dice since page 5?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:45 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 181, Wanderer-nl wrote:Obvously I'm scumreading Archmage right now, and Diego isn't looking all too fresh either. Everybody else is either null or slipped my mind.

Do have a particular reason in mind for scumreading archmage? If so could you elaborate?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 182, ICEninja wrote:I'm glad you've finally realized how little you've mentioned anything else. Since my original point on you, the content you've posted that doesn't involve me includes exactly 3 things: 1) Your old weak meta town read on Fire, 2) Your meta null-read of pistachi0n (it's debatable if this is content), and 3) Pointing out once again the IC (also not precisely content but I'm giving it to you).Tunneling is not inherently scummy but ho boy have you done a great job ignoring the rest of the game.

sorry for 2 posts..

But,are you not doing the same thing you are accusing him of?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:46 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

@scorpious - Glad you're here now. Is there any particular reason you don't have a vote out?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 187, 3dicerolling wrote:@scorpious - Glad you're here now. Is there any particular reason you don't have a vote out?

I'd like a few of my questions answered before I feel comfortable with a vote. Since I essentially missed RVS,I'd like it to be meaningful.. just just so I have one out.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:50 am

Post by ICEninja »

Also, I approve of an Archmage wagon building up. It'll be clear why once there's more content to look at.

PEDIT:
Scorpious wrote:
In fairness to Garmr. Who have you reference other than him and 3Dice since page 5?

Scorpious wrote:
are you not doing the same thing you are accusing him of?

Post 166 updates my reads of several players. Also, you're asking for 2 and a half pages worth when I'm referring to Garmr's 7 and a half pages worth, and I've still provided more content relating to other things in said time frame.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:56 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 188, Scorpious wrote:
In post 187, 3dicerolling wrote:@scorpious - Glad you're here now. Is there any particular reason you don't have a vote out?

I'd like a few of my questions answered before I feel comfortable with a vote. Since I essentially missed RVS,I'd like it to be meaningful.. just just so I have one out.

Okay that's fair. I just want to see more action and votes because some people are lackluster right now.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 189, ICEninja wrote:Post 166 updates my reads of several players. Also, you're asking for 2 and a half pages worth when I'm referring to Garmr's 7 and a half pages worth, and I've still provided more content relating to other things in said time frame.

Fair,but surely you can point out a scummy behavior that doesn't resemble something you have done,even if you have done it to a much lesser extent.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't like it when too many people are agreeing on a wagon.
Usually indicates I am on the wrong side of this >.>
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 am

Post by ICEninja »

Mod, we've got a single vote count and it's page 8. Can we increase the frequency of vote counts?
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:09 am

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

In post 180, Scorpious wrote:@Archmage,

Do you always use post counts to help formulate reads?

I have to say looks really forced. You don't really say a lot. Am I scummy based on my slow start here?

Post 146
was
really forced, to be honest. I really wanted to contribute something, and I felt like if I went through all the ISOs I might find something. In the end, though, there wasn't anything really conclusive.

Post counts are something that I tend to bring up in the early game, but I don't think it's a scum tell. More of just a thing of note. I like aggregating information in places, and then I only tend to act when my information and suspicions reach a critical mass.

In post 177, Wanderer-nl wrote:

I'm getting the same feeling about your readslist as some of the others. It looks like a lot but in the end it isn't really going anywhere.

Agreed. I'm not proud of my readlist.

In post 177, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 146, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:I really don't have a plan walking into this. I'm a slow person, thick-headed and meaningless. I don't like condemning people without feeling like I have a reason.

That's really easy to say if you don't want to make your reads more definite. You have some ideas in your readslist at least, if you're town what can you do to make your thoughts/ideas stronger? Right now it feels like you're trying to avoid confrontation. Is that something you do as either alignment?

I suppose you could say I'm trying to avoid confrontation. I don't like it when things get emotional, and I don't have the experience or intuition that makes me willing to trust my "gut" feelings to someone's scumminess. I try to keep things pared down and logical when I make decisions, and I really don't like voting until I'm certain of my target. I'm prone to tunneling when I find someone who I think is scum, so I try to back off quickly in case I'm missing the whole picture. I... really don't know how I should be developing my reads without it seeming broken and based solely on the work of others. What I've always done is wait until I see something really contradictory, differences between claims and realities. Based off of that mistake, I construct sets of possibilities—it could be set that the greatest flaw in my scumhunting style is that I try to understand the entirety of the game rather than to pick apart the individual opponents. Or something. I also really don't like being wrong, so I rarely fully commit to anything.

If I were force myself to commit to a vote, right this instant, I would say...

Davsto is the most likely scum. They've been staying active in the game, but posting little to no actual content. There is clear evidence that they are active enough to contribute, but they have not contributed to activity in any significant way. Active-lurking, in my opinion, is incredibly scummy.

@ICEninja, why will the reasons for my scumminess become more clear as more content arises? Why can't they become clear right now?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't know, ICE seems odd to me no matter how I look at it.
He is try hard town, but that doesn't mean he is town.
Show

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

The Archmage Ludicrous (3) All Alone, Wanderer-nl, Firebringer
IceNinja (2) Diego1487, Garmr
Diego1487 (2) Syndesis, MarioManiac4
Firebringer (1) 3dicerolling
Garmr (1) ICEninja
MarioManiac4(1) pistachi0n

Not Voting(3): Davsto, Scorpious, The Archmage Ludicrous

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in 11 days.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Syndesis »

In post 157, Syndesis wrote:
@Mod(s): Do mafia get to speak pregame?

(actual post coming eventually)
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 197, Syndesis wrote:
In post 157, Syndesis wrote:
@Mod(s): Do mafia get to speak pregame?

(actual post coming eventually)

I am not answering this question, the only questions I will answer is if thete is a mod error or if something is not clear in the rules.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Syndesis »

...okay then...I guess it's time to dig through archived games!
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”