Saphira 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Saphira 7 »

In post 299, Saphira 7 wrote:
In post 265, ika wrote:
In post 253, Saphira 7 wrote:
You didn't answer my question: why did you list yourself third?

There's not much to unpack. You think I should townread you because you're taking action and forming a townbloc. I'm not townreading you, because I think it's a very viable strategy for scum to try and form a townbloc around themselves in the beginning of the game and push for lynches from there.

to the top: cus i am always willing to die for my reads.

to the bottom, if you think im scum trying to make a townbloc why are you not trying to stop it? also if you agre with the priciple of making a town bloc why are you not doing it yourself?

I dont think i should be town read jsut for the townbloc idea in itself, if you know me you would knwo that i play optimal regarless of my alignement. Im asking you outside of that thing, what is scummy or town about me cus i have plent of other content to be commented on

Okay. For the entire first half of Day 1, you wouldn't post reads at all. And glancing at your ISO right now, I can see that as far as reads go all you've done is say you'd want itlepip or kop vengeshot.
If you're willing to die for your reads, why not just post them, with justification? That seems a lot less convoluted and way more beneficial to town than your exaggerated derring-do.

I don't necessarily think you're scum just because you're forming a townbloc; I said that was a possibility. If other people want to join, I'm not going to interfere. It's their choice, and I don't have any non-WIFOM evidence on you. Nor am I attempting to form a townbloc of my own because I don't expect there to be enough people townreading me strongly enough for it to work.

Actually, when I looked back at your ISO it became apparent to me that despite your appearance of "leading town" or whatever, you haven't done much of substance. You haven't taken a single original stance-- itlepip was under fire long before you mentioned him, and JohnnyFarrar and RadiantCowbells had mentioned they wouldn't mind kop dead, and yet you're still pushing me to townread you. With that in mind, you're my second scumread behind makara.

Second bolded part isn't a question, but I'd also like you to address it.
Call of the Wild
Call of the Wild
Goon
Call of the Wild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by Call of the Wild »

In post 324, Saphira 7 wrote:
@SilverWolf:

In post 304, Saphira 7 wrote:
In post 303, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: Saphira

You have spent a considerable amount of time talking up ika as scum but then put an unexplained vote on the largest wagon. It's like you are lining up ika to go next after makara who is a much easier target for you to vote for right now. And even though your L-1 vote was due to deadline yesterday, when I add that to this, I'm not liking your motives in this game.

Because, as scum, I woke up this morning and decided, "I'm going to go after ika! It's not like the majority of players have a townread on him, surely this will be an easy mislynch."
If you don't believe my case against ika, which parts specifically do you disagree with?

Respond pls, kthxbai.

I don't necessarily think you're scum just because you're forming a townbloc; I said that was a possibility. If other people want to join, I'm not going to interfere. It's their choice, and I don't have any non-WIFOM evidence on you. Nor am I attempting to form a townbloc of my own because I don't expect there to be enough people townreading me strongly enough for it to work.

Actually, when I looked back at your ISO it became apparent to me that despite your appearance of "leading town" or whatever, you haven't done much of substance. You haven't taken a single original stance-- itlepip was under fire long before you mentioned him, and JohnnyFarrar and RadiantCowbells had mentioned they wouldn't mind kop dead, and yet you're still pushing me to townread you. With that in mind, you're my second scumread behind makara.

The first part is you talking about the townbloc. I don't see what that has to do with anything since you don't scumread ika for trying to form one.

I don't agree he's done nothing of substance. He's explaining his reads and the townbloc idea is absolutely doing something and I believe his intentions behind it looked townie. It also absolutely is an original stance so this contradicts you saying he hasn't had one.

~SW
Hydra of Titus and SilverWolf
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 327, Call of the Wild wrote:
In post 324, Saphira 7 wrote:
@SilverWolf:

In post 304, Saphira 7 wrote:
In post 303, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: Saphira

You have spent a considerable amount of time talking up ika as scum but then put an unexplained vote on the largest wagon. It's like you are lining up ika to go next after makara who is a much easier target for you to vote for right now. And even though your L-1 vote was due to deadline yesterday, when I add that to this, I'm not liking your motives in this game.

Because, as scum, I woke up this morning and decided, "I'm going to go after ika! It's not like the majority of players have a townread on him, surely this will be an easy mislynch."
If you don't believe my case against ika, which parts specifically do you disagree with?

Respond pls, kthxbai.

The first part is you talking about the townbloc. I don't see what that has to do with anything since you don't scumread ika for trying to form one.

I don't agree he's done nothing of substance. He's explaining his reads and the townbloc idea is absolutely doing something and I believe his intentions behind it looked townie. It also absolutely is an original stance so this contradicts you saying he hasn't had one.

~SW

Sorry, OMG I suck at this hydra shit. LOL

This is me!!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by ika »

cus when i die and flip town there is not need of rjustificaiton, as for th later, they are a bunch of stements. what should i do? im not going back to reread to see if tis true or not and even if it is what do i say?

its a bunch of stements that have nothing that can be filled with substance
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:02 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

This is all a response to Taly's :

My townreading on you wasn't in response to your

Well yeah, you can't say that out loud. But your next post after my 239 had that in there. You're following up here with an actual response to my case, so I will address that in a sec, but why now only after I called you out on it? Because it wasn't getting much vocal support and a couple pages past and you thought you could just sweep it under the rug?

Ika did explain himself in part, he gave content beyond just vaguely stating who he'd push and he also engaged in conversation with other people, my vote on Ika wasn't to get an exact answer, it was more on applying pressure to get him to say more than just give vague replies and assist with town outside of building up a read and then not delivering any substance.

After I saw his posts such as: >>> It made me see a bit more on how he viewed and approached the situation, which gave me town vibes seeing as he was actively trying to assess how we could go about D1 in terms of lynch possibilities, and the outcome.

Here was a quote from you (): "I think Ika is suspicious since he's been vague, and has made little to no response to anyone who has pushed him. Furthermore, he's posted several times but there's been no major content coming from him. It's either fluff, or he's built up his posts and then not delivered anything about them."

Let's take a look at those posts you cited. It's all townbloc and theory talk. This is major content to you?

Pushing for conversation and giving out his opinions also gave me a town-feel and

Those
posts gave you a town feel? 173, where he just says he wants Kop dead. Weren't you just talking about ika giving content beyond who he was pushing? And I guess technically 190 is ika pushing for conversation. Does ika not talk to people as scum? I guess what I'm asking here is do you have any meta or experience with him to suggest a reach-out like that is town? Because it reads as extremely null to me.

I'm not sure why you say I haven't stepped on any toes - or I at least avoid doing that, I've questioned others, and asserted my scumreads quite a few times.

I'm saying your reads are weak and designed not to get you in trouble with anybody. Let me go through your ISO real quick:

You say ika takes priority for your scumreads in , I call your ika vote bad, and you respond in with ika is scummy on a small degree. That all goes away in . There's no support for an ika lynch, and now you express suspicions of pip, right after me, Johnny, and makara attack pip. You make a push in , but it's just a rehash of other people's cases. I already explained what I didn't like about your .

You then vote makara in . You said in 238 you liked the questions they were asking, so that reads as a little strange. You give reasons in ; your #1 reason is "You haven't seemed to have posted a lot of content, or contributed to much discussion." In post , you said "I'm against lynching a lurker. It really doesn't provide an ounce of information even if we hit scum and it's still unlikely we'd hit scum by numbers." Don't these two things conflict?

I normally don't have solid, stable reads - or at least, accurate - reads on D1. Saphira hasn't posted that much the past few pages until her L-1 vote on Jester at the end of D1. My read became null on her.

If Saphira was null, why was she mentioned and not RC or Jester?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If Saphira was null, why was she mentioned and not RC or Jester?

'cause there's a strong Saphira wagon going and Taly wants to get a piece of it.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 329, ika wrote:cus when i die and flip town there is not need of rjustificaiton, as for th later, they are a bunch of stements. what should i do? im not going back to reread to see if tis true or not and even if it is what do i say?

Are you saying here that nothing you said is of value? That is the only way I could make sense of it but I doubt that is what you are saying here.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by itlepip »

Also Makara should be prodded.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by ika »

In post 332, itlepip wrote:Are you saying here that nothing you said is of value? That is the only way I could make sense of it but I doubt that is what you are saying here.

no i was replying to saph who made a bunch of statements on her read towards me and wanted m input on it. I said there's nothing to comment on
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 334, ika wrote:
In post 332, itlepip wrote:Are you saying here that nothing you said is of value? That is the only way I could make sense of it but I doubt that is what you are saying here.

no i was replying to saph who made a bunch of statements on her read towards me and wanted m input on it. I said there's nothing to comment on

Ika, could you post a readlist at some point since honestly I don't know how you are reading most of the people here right now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Taly »

Sorry guys, several things popped up among the things I already had to do this week. Mentally, I also need a break.

V/LA until Friday
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 336, Taly wrote:Sorry guys, several things popped up among the things I already had to do this week. Mentally, I also need a break.

V/LA until Friday

Duly Noted.

Also:
makara has been prodded.
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by makara »

sorry

VOTE: Taly

will explain later when I have time
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 338, makara wrote:sorry

VOTE: Taly

will explain later when I have time

Is your explanation something to the effect of that Taly has some votes as well and you're only trying to avoid a lynch?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 am

Post by makara »

My schedule is changed and I have too many games on my plate at the moment. I unfortunately haven't been able to get engaged in this game.
Mod please replace me out
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 318, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 317, SuperStar2361 wrote:
In post 310, SilverWolf wrote:
OK, Now that you've gotten this taken care of, what is your opinion on the gamestate right now?

Not sure really. There are four players with two votes on each of them. I think I'm going to ISO each of them (or at least attempt to) and think about which one of those four is the most suspicious to me (if I think they are suspicious).

What about the others with no votes? Are you going to look at them too?

In post 319, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 316, ChaosOmega wrote:Not interested in a Saphira wagon, they're one of my top townreads.

Why is Saphira a townread?

I have a couple outstanding questions here:

@Chaos

@Super
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

That replace out was absolutely awful.
Saphira 7
Saphira 7
Goon
Saphira 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Saphira 7 »

Merp I've been really busy these two days but I'm back and also very tired.
In post 327, Call of the Wild wrote:

~SW

Show me a recent post of his in which he explains his reads.
Look, the way I'm seeing it, the point of making a townbloc is so that the people in the bloc can discuss and eventually agree on how they're reading the others, and get town to vote accordingly. That's not happening. Yes, ika tried to get a townbloc going-- though it might be dissolved as of the beginning of Day 2? I imagine you know more about this than me-- but he's been providing very little analysis... hiding in plain sight, so to speak. And there's no way that's not scummy.
In post 329, ika wrote:cus when i die and flip town there is not need of rjustificaiton, as for th later, they are a bunch of stements. what should i do? im not going back to reread to see if tis true or not and even if it is what do i say?

Dude, I say you're not contributing anything to town, and all you can come up with is "its a bunch of stements"?? How about showing a place you've actually moved discussion forward? And no, your "forming a townbloc" posts don't count; as I said to SilverWolf, your "townbloc" has literally zero results so far. At the very least, do what itlepip said and post a complete list of reads.

@RC: Agreed.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by itlepip »

VOTE: ika until he actually explains what he is talking about as I am feeling Saphira as more towny.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by ika »

In post 343, Saphira 7 wrote:Dude, I say you're not contributing anything to town, and all you can come up with is "its a bunch of stements"?? How about showing a place you've actually moved discussion forward? And no, your "forming a townbloc" posts don't count; as I said to SilverWolf, your "townbloc" has literally zero results so far. At the very least, do what itlepip said and post a complete list of reads.

Then thats your own problem i have no obligatiosn to even convince you when your not even voting me
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by itlepip »

hi ika
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by ika »

In post 346, itlepip wrote:hi ika

hi pip
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

makara's voting pattern seems a bit opportunistic but I'd like to see what a replacement says since there's been almost no content from makara to work with.

Saphira-Do you think ika is scummier than makara who you currently have your vote on or not?

I ask because you are voting makara but pushing ika right now.
Saphira 7
Saphira 7
Goon
Saphira 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Saphira 7 »

In post 348, SilverWolf wrote:makara's voting pattern seems a bit opportunistic but I'd like to see what a replacement says since there's been almost no content from makara to work with.

Saphira-Do you think ika is scummier than makara who you currently have your vote on or not?

I ask because you are voting makara but pushing ika right now.

I'm fine with lynching either of them today. I'm pushing ika because I can get at least some semblance of reply out of him. What do you think about his sheeping of you and his post 345?
In post 345, ika wrote:
In post 343, Saphira 7 wrote:Dude, I say you're not contributing anything to town, and all you can come up with is "its a bunch of stements"?? How about showing a place you've actually moved discussion forward? And no, your "forming a townbloc" posts don't count; as I said to SilverWolf, your "townbloc" has literally zero results so far. At the very least, do what itlepip said and post a complete list of reads.

Then thats your own problem i have no obligatiosn to even convince you when your not even voting me

UNVOTE: makara
VOTE: ika
Fixed.

Return to “Completed Open Games”