Open 614: Diffusion of Power (THE TOWN WINS!)

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

KTthecreeper and ika, you can post one informationless "bah" post here in (expired on 2015-11-01 18:51:23). After that, please keep silent until the game is over. Note that if your post are going to give clues then I'll have to delete it. Dead PT will be up some time later.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 224, White Fire wrote:So I like fully expected kt to flip scum tbh. :/

Now I have the nagging feeling that AJ defended him on purpuse to get teh cred from his flip >.<

God help us if someone was right and didn't want to lynch off someone on an obvious fakeclaim cop.

IMO if you're going to fake claim day cop, take the 1 for 1 trade. You don't catch scum and push it through, you die the next day for pushing too far.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by texcat »

My vote is not for the gambit of the fake claim; it's for sticking with it and not doing anything else all day.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

My issue is the push as well. The claim was fake, but he pushed it as far as he could and then farther. There wasn't much evidence on it and honestly he did too much to wheel it along.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

"Okay, let me find that good old music player... Where is it, dad?"

Official Vote Count

Flow Alpha
(2): texcat, Aj The Epic
Panopticon
(1): Wanderer-nl

Not Voting
(9): TimHoward, KTthecreeper, davesaz, Flow Alpha, Anatole Kuragin, Davsto, Kop, White Fire, Panopticon

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-14 18:00:00)
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Still it took 7 people to lynch. You want to put the blame at just one person when there were plenty that saw the scummy reaction from KT?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

He was still fine with a bunch of sheeple following him. Not once was he suspicious. Unbelievably arrogant and boneheaded, not accepting any possibility he was wrong. If he felt so strongly, why fake claim in the first place?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I checked your page. It's long. You've been around for sure. Tell me, in your experience, have you seen more gambits coming from town than from scum?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Pushed all the way through? I think that's kind of a new wrinkle for me, when we know it's a false claim and the lynch is still pushed. Generally, though, claiming cop guilty for fake claim is scum because in most cases town would claim day vig (reaction testing). Obviously doesn't apply here.
White Fire
White Fire
Goon
White Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by White Fire »

In post 226, Aj The Epic wrote:God help us if someone was right and didn't want to lynch off someone on an obvious fakeclaim cop.

We didn't lynch him for the fake guilty resault. I thought that much was obvious.

And I have seen scum hard defending a townie (that looks to be going for the lynnch) to get the cred, it not impossible
Hydra of Shiro and Firebringer
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Kop »

In post 233, Aj The Epic wrote:Pushed all the way through? I think that's kind of a new wrinkle for me, when we know it's a false claim and the lynch is still pushed. Generally, though, claiming cop guilty for fake claim is scum because in most cases town would claim day vig (reaction testing). Obviously doesn't apply here.

The whole lynch wasn't based fully around the fake claim, it was also based on KT's reaction to it. And the whole self voting didn't do himself any justice.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

^Those.
KT acted scummy about it and that's how the wagon got through.

Alpha isn't conftown for gambitting, but in my experience gambits do come more from town than from scum so I won't lynch them over that fakeclaim alone.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:43 am

Post by texcat »

My problem is that there is nothing else to judge Alpha on besides the fake claim.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Official Vote Count

Flow Alpha
(2): texcat, Aj The Epic
Panopticon
(1): Wanderer-nl

Not Voting
(9): TimHoward, KTthecreeper, davesaz, Flow Alpha, Anatole Kuragin, Davsto, Kop, White Fire, Panopticon

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-14 18:00:00)

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by texcat »

Can we get some prods please?
White Fire
White Fire
Goon
White Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by White Fire »

I just want to note what I think right now:

Panopticon is still pinging me hard with posts and actions. I am unsure because KT gave me same kind of vibes and that flipped town.
Anyways going to vote there:

VOTE: Panopticon

I will say on Aj, I am unsure about him but I will say that Flow Alpha is a bad way to vote. He feels way more town like than anyone here, and everyone should have known that day cop thing wasn't serious.

-Fire
Hydra of Shiro and Firebringer
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by texcat »

I don't disagree with the Panopticon vote. But until Alpha returns to the game and posts something constructive, I'm going to leave my vote there.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 239, texcat wrote:
Can we get some prods please?

Prodding 6 people.

Flow Alpha
Flow Alpha
Goon
Flow Alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by Flow Alpha »

Sorry for not posting. I think Aj is being too quick to jump on me. I feel that he is scum looking for a cheap excuse(my fake claim) to mislynch people.

VOTE: Aj the Epic
im mafia irl, ama
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by davesaz »

D1 final vote count

KTthecreeper
(7): Flow Alpha, Panopticon, White Fire, KTthecreeper, Wanderer-nl, Davsto, TimHoward
Davsto
(2): ika, Anatole Kuragin
Flow Alpha
(1): texcat
White Fire
(1): Aj The Epic

Not Voting
(2): davesaz, Kop

Flow Alpha -- I can see the fakeclaim being scum, mainly because it is so far out there. So far out there that many people would classify it as too scummy to be scum.

TimHoward used poor reasoning on the hammer post. Scum in this wagon position would get a free shot to hammer without ramifications, given ika is a notorious hammerer and had given intent.

I don't remember if the KT wagon formed as a counter to someone else or if it led post to post. That is worth looking into.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

VOTE: Panopticon

I'm just going to throw out an absolutely insane theory and say that I think the whole strategy-things on D1 were an attempt to figure out who were Cops and Docs from the replies.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 230, Wanderer-nl wrote:Still it took 7 people to lynch. You want to put the blame at just one person when there were plenty that saw the scummy reaction from KT?

there was nothing scummy about the reaction

see: his flip
Panopticon
Panopticon
Goon
Panopticon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Panopticon »

In post 245, Davsto wrote:VOTE: Panopticon

I'm just going to throw out an absolutely insane theory and say that I think the whole strategy-things on D1 were an attempt to figure out who were Cops and Docs from the replies.

I'm going to throw out an absolutely insane theory that there are approximately 10 ways I could have done just that in a more effective manner had that been my intent. My intent was to provide a way for cops to survive to deliver their reports. There's been a lot of destructive criticism about it with almost no attempts to improve upon the idea or suggest something else in its place.
He who is subjected to a field of visibility, and who knows it, becomes the principle of his own subjection.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 am

Post by davesaz »

Panoptican wrote:There's been a lot of destructive criticism about it with almost no attempts to improve upon the idea or suggest something else in its place.

In post 119, davesaz wrote:
In post 116, Panopticon wrote:
This way, even if a cop gets lynched or killed, we'll still have their results, because (I am assuming) we'll know what day someone's cop shot is when they flip.

The setup page on the wiki says that the night of the shot is
not
flipped. I got this wrong when I modded this setup, and it wasn't pointed out until about the 3rd day.

Not having the night of the shot in the flip makes determining result very iffy at best. This leads me to believe that cops should hard claim guilty results and only soft defend innocents, to avoid narrowing the scum's kill pool unnecessarily.

I'll explain this further.

Guilty results should result in a hard claim. Innocent results, keep quiet unless we're looking to lynch that player. Start soft and defend progressively harder. There is no need to directly claim innocent results up front, because by hard claiming you remove yourself from the pool that scum should target. Docs should say nothing at all. Again, claiming just narrows the pool of kill targets.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 243, Flow Alpha wrote:Sorry for not posting. I think Aj is being too quick to jump on me. I feel that he is scum
looking for a cheap excuse(my fake claim) to mislynch people

VOTE: Aj the Epic

Heh, not like yours on KT? I fail to see the town motivation in anything you've done so far.

Return to “Completed Open Games”