Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Suzune »

While I do not approve of her behavior, I think more and more as I reread why she said that Jeanne might just be wounded town...clearly her heart is in the town. Or at least, I think she is moving with town motivation.

I will return my vote to LQ
VOTE: LQ

Fix'd your vote tag <3
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 680, Titus wrote:
In post 675, wgeurts wrote:How do you know?
Make a case, convince me. Anyone can say someone's scum, however I'm town reading him so you'll have to convinve me otherwise.

You're probably LQ's buddy but let's humor you and say you're not.

LQ rolefishes Jeanne and I.
LQ flails.
You can check the ISO of those voting LQ if my thoughts aren't persuasive. I am not the best charismatically occasionally as town.

Then you get to the gambit. [Below is paraphrase]

LQ, what happened?
Refers LQ to 579.
Thread locks.
Scum don't hop on LQ.
LQ says what happened?

Scum are given a free pass to vote LQ and they don't. Why?

Yeah, right, or maybe they seem me as weak town so they want to keep me around?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:26 pm

I read Jeanne11 as Scum still.

I also read Elb and Suzune as a mild scum read. Suzune looks opportunistic and Elb hasn't done anything in a while.

I can't tell if Titus is still working a gambit or if they are just delusional at this point.

RR looks to be null as well as most of the other lurkers.

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Suzune »

LQ you have almost the exact opposite reads of be, with the exception of Titus still running a gambit because I think he is.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 pm

In post 778, Suzune wrote:LQ you have almost the exact opposite reads of be, with the exception of Titus still running a gambit because I think he is.

Ok, so what do you think of RR? What do you think of the lurkers?

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by Suzune »

I find reasonably rational to make a lot of sense. His comments and attitudes appear protown. He makes cases comes to a deciding factor and articulates it in such a way that his point is clear. Personally I find him town.

What other lurkers would you like to hear about. Now in my opinion being a lurker is hard to read because they say less things. The less they say the less ripples they create in the water, the less I can read them. I tend to read comments that are surface based and look to see how people react. This reaction tells me how people think and how they feel about things. Scum trying to be normal or spin a lie create certain kinds of ripples. Therefore people like Magik and pistashion are hard to read because they have little context for me to go off of.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:09 pm

In post 780, Suzune wrote:I find reasonably rational to make a lot of sense. His comments and attitudes appear protown. He makes cases comes to a deciding factor and articulates it in such a way that his point is clear. Personally I find him town.

What other lurkers would you like to hear about. Now in my opinion being a lurker is hard to read because they say less things. The less they say the less ripples they create in the water, the less I can read them. I tend to read comments that are surface based and look to see how people react. This reaction tells me how people think and how they feel about things. Scum trying to be normal or spin a lie create certain kinds of ripples. Therefore people like Magik and pistashion are hard to read because they have little context for me to go off of.

I think RR would prolly look town to you no matter what, but eh, I just have a different way of looking at them. Like they are smart as hell so I don't think its an easy read at all.

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 781, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think RR would prolly look town to you no matter what, but eh, I just have a different way of looking at them
Well goodness...glad to know that they would look town to me regardless...

Tell me what you see?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:16 pm

In post 782, Suzune wrote:
In post 781, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think RR would prolly look town to you no matter what, but eh, I just have a different way of looking at them
Well goodness...glad to know that they would look town to me regardless...

Tell me what you see?

Like with smart people who are use to articulating themselves well all the time, it is just a playstyle for them and they can probably be more manipulative with facts than your average joe on the street. Like I think Cerb is like a professor or some shit. Please don't tell me that you think when he explains himself well that that is any kind of tell at all...

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Suzune »

I think his reasoning is sound. post 652 and post 712 highlight good thinking and reasoning that suggests motives behind the situation. A scum would not have to punch holes in the plan of someone else, we could all see that the gambit with Elbrin, Titus, Jeanne and Suzune failed. However, the logic used to explain it was well done and he listened to Jeanne's outbursts and responded in kind. I think that Drixx's frustration was well placed and his explanations were tone appropriate.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Suzune »

LQ we have bumped heads in the past at the best way to read people and to understand who is town and who is not. Last time it was under the gaze of Suzune as mafia and LQ as town. I believe that this time we might be looking at this from the opposite perspective. However, regardless of my alignment I look at and read people in the same way, I am unsure whether that is true for you. However, I am certain that we do not look for the same things. I find it hard to imagine, regardless of what Titus says about roles, that a mediator kind of roll feel into the hands of a mafia. Now, as a third party I can understand that, however usually unless they have a specialized win condition that kind of third party role seeks to aid one faction or the other, typically the town. We have used them before in other games, we called it being asked to tea, coming to the party, the chef, all kinds of favourful language. Therefore those invited or those communicated with could end up not town.

This is something to consider. I have more interesting cards in my hand because I was invited. However, I think that unless Titus is running a very powerful gambit and it if it works then my hat is off to him. Thus I added a few people to my pile of who I think must be townies based on what I already knew. From there I narrowed the field to what other people were thinking and how they were reacting. While I think the in game gambit failed, I think it is possible that some results were yielded even thought they were not the intended ones.

Scum are not creatures that can be found or hidden in flavourful language, however I have a hard time reading jokes and other play on words. Therefore, I tend to read what people say and how they react to the information given. People cannot help the context clues that give through interaction. People you know really well you fear will see through you so your interaction is more strained this is why it is hard to play when you are friends with a lot of people in game. It is harder to keep up a deception because of the way your words sound. Thus, I think there are no reads as simple as well articulated but it was the point that was made and the reaction people had too it that tips me. Sure it is possible that RR is mafia, however, at this current moment I do not think so.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:01 pm

In post 784, Suzune wrote:I think his reasoning is sound. post 652 and post 712 highlight good thinking and reasoning that suggests motives behind the situation. A scum would not have to punch holes in the plan of someone else, we could all see that the gambit with Elbrin, Titus, Jeanne and Suzune failed. However, the logic used to explain it was well done and he listened to Jeanne's outbursts and responded in kind. I think that Drixx's frustration was well placed and his explanations were tone appropriate.

In post 785, Suzune wrote:LQ we have bumped heads in the past at the best way to read people and to understand who is town and who is not. Last time it was under the gaze of Suzune as mafia and LQ as town. I believe that this time we might be looking at this from the opposite perspective. However, regardless of my alignment I look at and read people in the same way, I am unsure whether that is true for you. However, I am certain that we do not look for the same things. I find it hard to imagine, regardless of what Titus says about roles, that a mediator kind of roll feel into the hands of a mafia. Now, as a third party I can understand that, however usually unless they have a specialized win condition that kind of third party role seeks to aid one faction or the other, typically the town. We have used them before in other games, we called it being asked to tea, coming to the party, the chef, all kinds of favourful language. Therefore those invited or those communicated with could end up not town.

This is something to consider. I have more interesting cards in my hand because I was invited. However, I think that unless Titus is running a very powerful gambit and it if it works then my hat is off to him. Thus I added a few people to my pile of who I think must be townies based on what I already knew. From there I narrowed the field to what other people were thinking and how they were reacting. While I think the in game gambit failed, I think it is possible that some results were yielded even thought they were not the intended ones.

Scum are not creatures that can be found or hidden in flavourful language, however I have a hard time reading jokes and other play on words. Therefore, I tend to read what people say and how they react to the information given. People cannot help the context clues that give through interaction. People you know really well you fear will see through you so your interaction is more strained this is why it is hard to play when you are friends with a lot of people in game. It is harder to keep up a deception because of the way your words sound. Thus, I think there are no reads as simple as well articulated but it was the point that was made and the reaction people had too it that tips me. Sure it is possible that RR is mafia, however, at this current moment I do not think so.

First off, congrats on the wall post; I don't think I've seen you do that before. Obviously we are reading things completely different. You make a good point that the reasoning that RR has is sound, however, I think that it can be fabricated. Tonally, RR is prolly a read that will show itself later in the game... I don't know if you understand that or not, but I feel its a thing and end game is a whole nother ball game altogether. I'm waiting to see what kind of tonal reads I can get from RR later in the game when the stakes are raised if you get what I'm saying. Furthermore, I do not believe that it is entirely possible to read people the same way as Town and Scum. There is just too much of a psychological impact on the player when they are Scum to have the same kind of outlook that they would have as Town.

I don't buy for a second that titus has an uber powerful gambit at this stage of the game - I just don't. I don't know at all how to read what Titus is actually trying to say with this "gambit". Its only likely that its a Scum tactic if the "gambit" was meant to fail all along and such a thing is plausible, but unlikely. I disagree about the part about "keeping up appearances". It really is a matter of who the person is and what their outlook is on things. Its a matter of how competitive they are vs. how much they value their friendship with those people. I'd go into a rant saying I think I'm good at keeping up appearances but the reasons I would give might take the wind out of this threads sails, so I wont.

As far as all that goes, I'm just going to assume its a way to gauge what I say to get a read out of me, so that is why I obliged giving my thoughts on this. you may very well could have expected me to go a different direction. All I would have to say to that is that I enjoy a discussion on these types of things from time to time and while I don't know if its going to get us any closer to reading each other, I feel its still appropriate to talk about since it still largely revolves around reading people and that is fair game to talk about in a game thread IMO.

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 786, LicketyQuickety wrote:First off, congrats on the wall post; I don't think I've seen you do that before.
They are not as uncommon as you seem to think. It happens for many reasons usually related to how passionate I feel about something, being in trouble, or leading a case.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: ranger
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:35 pm

In post 787, Suzune wrote:
In post 786, LicketyQuickety wrote:First off, congrats on the wall post; I don't think I've seen you do that before.
They are not as uncommon as you seem to think. It happens for many reasons usually related to how passionate I feel about something, being in trouble, or leading a case.

Ok, so which one is it this time? I don't think its leading a case since for some reason I've been suspected seriously within the first 5 pages. It doesn't really look like you're in trouble at all? I mean I gave you a little pressure and you give me an essay. It must be that you just feel passionate about this subject.

Looking back at our AMS game I think there were a few wall posts you made. Didn't mean it to offend you at all. I know that you as a literary degree you are fully capable of writing walls, I just don't see you do it too often.

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 789, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 787, Suzune wrote:

Ok, so which one is it this time? I don't think its leading a case since for some reason I've been suspected seriously within the first 5 pages. It doesn't really look like you're in trouble at all? I mean I gave you a little pressure and you give me an essay. It must be that you just feel passionate about this subject.

Looking back at our AMS game I think there were a few wall posts you made. Didn't mean it to offend you at all. I know that you as a literary degree you are fully capable of writing walls, I just don't see you do it too often.

Honestly it was more of an information dump. A way to see what what going on in my head and to make connections. You must happened to be around to be the listener of it. When I am playing as scum I usually talk to myself in the topic to hear my own thoughts and see if they make sense. So when I cannot do that I journal them or just kind of dump them somewhere so I can go back and review the. Later. You were just a good listener.

Nah, no offense taken. I did not feel offended in the least. I have several degrees none that really help in mafia.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 788, wgeurts wrote:VOTE: ranger
why so?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 791, Suzune wrote:
In post 788, wgeurts wrote:VOTE: ranger
why so?

His reads list was a literal copy of titus'. It's opportunistic and the posts after it give me the imperssion he's setting up to wagon any of the global possible lynches.
My reread also is giving me other reads which I'll give when done.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:49 pm

I do pride myself as being a good listener.

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by wgeurts »

To start with Fire-Kari is also probably scum.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Bright
Bright
Townie
Bright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Bright »

In post 627, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, we should kill the damn dog, or at least figure out if the damn dog is even killable. I don't know if anybody else noticed that, but there are 14 players alive, including Bright, which isn't in the player list, and is CLEARLY some sort of method of anonymous double voting.

VOTE: Bright

-Cerb

GRAAUUUUEEEEE?!?!

Rwar

VOTE: Elbirn

Krwar
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman